Bennetts End Surgery

01442263511 Gatecroft, Bennetts End , Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9LY

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Dr's are great but some Receptionists are awful

Really rude, snappy, and often appalling customer service is what I regularly witness and receive by some of the receptionists at the surgery.

Some of the receptionists really need to be told by the practise manager what good customer service actually is and then provide it to all patients and not pick and choose who to be nice to.

As a receptionist if you are unable to work in a busy environment and treat all patients equally with respect and a tiny shred of compassion then simply don't work there. Being 'understaffed' is not an excuse for being rude to patients - there is no excuse for rudeness in a customer facing role.

I believe the care that all the Dr's and Nurses provide in the surgery is excellent and I cannot fault their professionalism during appointments.

The Dr's and Nurses are great in this surgery but the appalling service offered by some receptionists really needs to be addressed.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Anonymous reviewed Bennetts End Surgery

Receptionist

After seeing the dr I went to reception to make further appointments , not only did the receptionist not listen properly to what I said they then got very defensive by saying I'm only human ,this I didn't find helpful just rude .

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful. Always caring.

We have been registered with this practice for nearly three years and, thankfully, have always found them extremely helpful. The doctors are thorough and caring and, unlike some, never talk down to you. They are efficient in emergencies and we have great confidence in them. All you could want in a GP.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Eve reviewed Bennetts End Surgery

Home visit

A doctor came out on a home visit for my husband. They came out very quickly was extremely thorough and their care was excellent. I would like to say Thankyou to them for first class care

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

kim E gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Great help!

Really pleased with the GP's at this Surgery, as they responded very quickly to an urgent request for a prescription. From explaining the situation to the Receptionist to a call from the GP and an urgent Prescription provided was completed in just over 2 hours. This, was a fantastic service and helped me greatly.
I would recommend making appointments online, which is easy once registered. I also see the same GP where possible but patients are able to see any Doctor available.
The only, real negative is that is now impossible to make an appointment via the telephone and I have waited in excess of 50mins to speak to a Receptionist, only to find that all appointments are taken.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 10 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive experience at our Practice recently.

Your comments will be shared with the whole team.

We are sorry to read your feedback regarding the waiting time you have experienced using our telephone system. We would be pleased to discuss this with you in more detail if you would like to contact us.

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Dedicated, professional and human

The staff at Bennets End are professional and have the interest of the patient at the forefront. Seeing different doctors and nurses in the surgery, things are always explained clearly and treatments gone though including side effects.
I feel the doctor or nurse I see has a genuine empathy for me and I appreciate their dedication and humanity in doing a very demanding and difficult job.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 31 May 2017

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 13 June 2017

Your comments are much appreciated by the whole team. Thank you for taking the time to feedback.

Neil Hall gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Rubbish telephone service

I called at 8:01 and got a "welcome to Bennett's end surgery" , the phone rang unanswered for several minutes, when I was suddenly connected to 111. Subsequent calls met with "Line busy" for over 15 minutes. I then decided to attend in person to find firstly that some inconsiderate white van driver had parked across the end of 3/4 parking spaces as we'll as making further access difficult, secondly when I finally got to reception, all the appointments I needed were taken. This was after trying to book a routine appointing on Tuesday to be told that only emergency appointments were going to be available next Tuesday and I was advised to make an emergency appointment on Thursday, today. No leeway was given for their failure to answer the phone just after 8, despite having transferred incoming calls away from 111. The service ha massively deteriorated.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 10 May 2017

We are sorry to read your feedback. We would be pleased to discuss this with you in more detail if you would like to contact us.

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Receptionist not at all helpful

I have been a patient at this practise for 30 years, The waiting time to get through to request an appointment is unnacceptable, Then when you have waited to get through and you are lucky enough to speak to someone you are told there are no appointments available, Receptionists advise you to call at 8am the next day but guess what?{ when you do get through all the appointments have gone } Very frustrating experience overall.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Sort lack of appointments out!

Used this surgery for past 22 years. I am one of the lucky ones that rarely needs to go to the doctors apart from scheduled check ups-which get seen by 1 of the lovely nurses.
When I have needed to see a doctor for an illness it's unbearable trying to get through on the phone knowing even if I get through I will probably have the run around of 'no appointments, ring tomorrow morning'. If I try and book for a weeks time-which to be fain who knows if you are still going to be ill then?, it's still usually a 3 week wait to be seen.because of this I Have been told to ask for an emergency appointment and then feel awful because what's wrong with me isn't an emergency!
There's 1 lovely receptionist there and I always pray they answer my phone call!
Sort it out guys, you're a big surgery that needs to sort appointments out so people can actually get seen.
Because I rarely go there the doctors I have seen are lovely-bar 2 which again causes problems as if you do get offered an appointment and it's with a doctor you don't get on with-tough!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Awful Service

I have recently joined the doctors as i am new to the area, from day one i have received attitude from receptionists. on the day i dropped my forms off i was told they couldn't do anything as it was a weekend so i better come back on Monday.
When i asked about making an appointment as soon as possible i was told i need to wait at least a week, if my issue is really bad i should go to a&e...this is not acceptable at all!

I have recently requested my medical notes for a new job, when i ask 3 months ago i was told i would need to go to my old doctors and request them to print them off as they didn't have them yet and wouldn't know when they would get them. when i passed my notes to the doctor to check and sign my form they still charged me a fee when i had done all the running around.

I recently went for a check up on my asthma, when i saw the doctor he told me that he couldn't comment how i was as they didn't have my notes and they would call me when they receive them, that was in January and i am still waiting for that call.

Overall the service at this surgery is awful, i would never recommend anyone to join here, i am looking for a better surgery to join.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 22 March 2017

We are very sorry to hear of your experience at our Practice.

You are right to point out that the service you received was unacceptable however, there has been a change in the national patient record dispatch system whereby some records are taking up to six months to reach us.

If you would like to contact the Managing Partner at the Practice to discuss this further and your other concerns, we would be pleased to try and help you further.