Bennetts End Surgery

01442263511 Gatecroft, Bennetts End , Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP3 9LY

Bad reception

I rarely visit the surgery but everytime I do the reception area is rarely manned and you can see staff behind in the office. They do not seem off concerned that there may be a queue.
Today I was waiting about 5 mins whilst in full view of staff whilst the reception lady was having a chat and saying hello/ hugging another member of staff. When she eventually came to the desk no apology for keeping us waiting.
I am a little disappointed with this as it let's a lovely surgery down.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 06 September 2018

Thank you for your helpful feedback. We are really sorry for keeping you waiting and we are working with our team to improve our service to all patients within our new reception layout.

Christine Bennett gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 1 stars

On Line Appointments

I booked an appointment on-line for 31.7.18 with one particular doctor. On arrival no appointment had been made. After waiting a while for someone in reception to come out of the office to deal with me, I might add, she did see me standing there and chose take her time in coming out. After explaining what had happened she looked on her system and said that the appointed hadn’t gone across and flippantly said two other people had had problems with prescriptions on-line that morning. There was no apology. I find the attitude of your reception quite beyond belief.
I have been coming to this surgery for 65 years and have never been so disgusted with the practice as I am now
I have high regard for the practice doctors who I am more than grateful to,over the years,for what they have done for my husband and myself.
Please sort the attitude of your rude staff out and the worse than useless on-line system. It worked before beautifully, why change a working system for rubbish!!!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 31 July 2018

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 06 September 2018

We are sorry to read your feedback and apologise for any misunderstanding. Thanks to your feedback, our IT system has been reviewed and we would be pleased to discuss this with you in detail, if you would like to contact our Patient Services Administrator.

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Rarely get through to appointments

Trying to get through to appointments is ridiculous. I've spent so much time hanging on the phone which usually ends up by being cut off & if I am lucky enough to get through I'm told there are no appointments and I have to call back later or tomorrow. The GPs, when you do get to see one, are generally very good.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 July 2018

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 1 stars

LOVE MY GP BUT NOT RECEPTION STAFF

My gp is the best there is but trying to get to her is a nightmare because you have to battle against the reception staff! They are rude, unhelpful and don't answer the phone and a whole new set of reception staff should be brought in along with a new telephone system. They definitely can't cope with the nearly 17000 patients that they have.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 May 2018

Chloe gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Had to leave surgery

The 1 good thing about this surgery is that the doctors are quite good.
However in the past I have called the surgery over 40 times to get my call answered. Today I called from 8am until 10:35 and called 54 times
To only be told there were no available appointments and that I would have to call back again tomorrow morning. I then said I didn’t have to see a doctor and could I get a call back to then be told there were no telephone appointments left.
I explained that I had taken today off work to get an appointment and couldn’t stay at home again tomorrow as I might not get an appointment then either.
I saw another review that people may have the same problem at other surgeries which I’m sure is true but 54 phone calls is ridiculous. I then asked to speak to the practice manager which I was told no and had to put it in writing!!! I asked my fiancé if he has this problem at his surgery and he couldn’t remember the last time he couldn’t get through or was put on hold.

I was also told that they have been busy this morning due to the bank holiday but I’m sorry I do not agree this happens every time I call up. This is not just due to the bank holiday.

I wonder how many of these appointments are taken up by people not working and have all day to get to the doctors and those of use that work don’t get a look in.

I am absolutely appalled with this surgery which is a shame as some of the Doctors seem extremely good there.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Dr's are great but some Receptionists are awful

Really rude, snappy, and often appalling customer service is what I regularly witness and receive by some of the receptionists at the surgery.

Some of the receptionists really need to be told by the practise manager what good customer service actually is and then provide it to all patients and not pick and choose who to be nice to.

As a receptionist if you are unable to work in a busy environment and treat all patients equally with respect and a tiny shred of compassion then simply don't work there. Being 'understaffed' is not an excuse for being rude to patients - there is no excuse for rudeness in a customer facing role.

I believe the care that all the Dr's and Nurses provide in the surgery is excellent and I cannot fault their professionalism during appointments.

The Dr's and Nurses are great in this surgery but the appalling service offered by some receptionists really needs to be addressed.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Anonymous reviewed Bennetts End Surgery

Receptionist

After seeing the dr I went to reception to make further appointments , not only did the receptionist not listen properly to what I said they then got very defensive by saying I'm only human ,this I didn't find helpful just rude .

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very helpful. Always caring.

We have been registered with this practice for nearly three years and, thankfully, have always found them extremely helpful. The doctors are thorough and caring and, unlike some, never talk down to you. They are efficient in emergencies and we have great confidence in them. All you could want in a GP.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Eve reviewed Bennetts End Surgery

Home visit

A doctor came out on a home visit for my husband. They came out very quickly was extremely thorough and their care was excellent. I would like to say Thankyou to them for first class care

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

kim E gave Bennetts End Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Great help!

Really pleased with the GP's at this Surgery, as they responded very quickly to an urgent request for a prescription. From explaining the situation to the Receptionist to a call from the GP and an urgent Prescription provided was completed in just over 2 hours. This, was a fantastic service and helped me greatly.
I would recommend making appointments online, which is easy once registered. I also see the same GP where possible but patients are able to see any Doctor available.
The only, real negative is that is now impossible to make an appointment via the telephone and I have waited in excess of 50mins to speak to a Receptionist, only to find that all appointments are taken.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Bennetts End Surgery replied on 10 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive experience at our Practice recently.

Your comments will be shared with the whole team.

We are sorry to read your feedback regarding the waiting time you have experienced using our telephone system. We would be pleased to discuss this with you in more detail if you would like to contact us.