Akerman Medical Practice

02030496500 Akerman Health Centre, 60 Patmos Road , London, Greater London, SW9 6AF

JOHNSON OBILANADE gave Akerman Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

I am satisfied with the quality of service I receive

I get prompt response to my enquiries.

The reception staff are friendly, courteous and polite.

The Doctor provides exceptionally good care and support. He is very helpful.

I am satisfied with the quality of service I receive from Akerman Medical Practice.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

Akerman Medical Practice replied on 21 September 2018

Dear Service User,

Thank you for leaving such a positive response - This will be feedback to all staff at our next meeting.

Kind Regards,

Terrible Service

I have never found it so difficult to ask for help. Processes change, and patients are not informed, which leads to submitting requests which are both not actioned, and the patients are not informed that they have not been actioned, so in the end, nothing happens and nobody knows nothing has happened. This has resulted in, more than once, me running out medication, and having to get special requests for emergency prescriptions. It is stressful, and I am left worried about my health.

I am so grateful that I am an able bodied, non vulnerable, confident adult - I believe if I was anything other than that, I would be in serious danger of being denied access to critical healthcare. I need to be in contact with this practice very rarely, and for something relatively straightforward, yet every time I try, it frequently takes up to a MONTH to resolve the (non) issue. It is an unacceptable way to run a doctor's surgery.

The doctors, however, are fantastic - very knowledgeable, and willing to help where they can.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018

Akerman Medical Practice replied on 21 September 2018

Dear Service User,

I would firstly like to apologise for any dissatisfaction you have experienced throughout your use of our service. The practice updates it website regularly with changes in process and a newsletter that is sent via email and text message to all our patients on a quarterly basis.

We also have an active Patient Participation Group which meets every 3 months. The aim of this patient group is to improve care and services we provide to our patients. We would like to invite you to join Patient participation group and work with the practice to improve patient care . Please email the practice to enrol yourself to the PPG

We as a practice are always very keen to learn on how systems can be improved to benefit our patients. We would be very keen to learn from your experience and see how we could adapt the system to improve care. I look forward to hearing from you.

I hope this response is to your satisfaction.

Akerman Medical Practice

Friendly and accessible

Always very accessible and I like the amount of work done via the phone - saves a lot of time

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Akerman Medical Practice replied on 20 August 2018

Thank you for leaving such a positive response - This will be fedback to all staff at our next meeting.

The last straw

Today I have called, it took them 15 minutes to answer. Once they answer they say the doc will call me in 2 hours. The doc never called, a pharmacist called me after 4 hours. I had spoken to the same pharmacist a month before and her advice was to take ibuprofen! I have asked to speak to the doctor and they said they will try to call me in 3/4 hours!
This is not the first time this happened. I will change doctors today, I have not done it yet simply because they used to be good and though they were having a rubbish phase! They been horrible for 2+ years now so time to change!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 23 July 2018

Akerman Medical Practice replied on 25 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you have had in arranging a consultation with the practice. Akerman Medical Practice has been providing care through telephone triage for more than 10 yrs now , this has significantly improved access to our service users . We return all telephone calls within 24 hours and if necessary a face to face appointment within 72 hours . Our current appointment system is supported by many service users and Patient participation group. Telephone triage system has reduced appointment waiting times from 2-3 weeks to 1-3 days.

If service users are unable to make or receive telephone calls, they are able to email the doctors via our website, carryout email consultation , just send us an email we respond to all emails within 24hrs. Frontline staff have been trained to use their discretion to offer face to face appointment if service user makes a specific request for a long term condition.

We as a practice are always very keen to learn on how system can be improved to benefit our patients. We would be very keen to learn from your experience and see how we could adapt the system to improve care. I look forward to hearing from you.

Maisie gave Akerman Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Thank you !

I have spoken to a number of differentembers of staff at the surgery but I always find one person professional and very helpful. She goes above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and always follows though with what she promises to do. Whenever I have spoke to her I have had confidence she will do what she says she will.

I think she is a real asset to the surgery and I wanted to pass this on.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 August 2018

It used to be good

I have been going for a few years but only in the last few years it has become appalling!
Some of the receptionists are so rude it feels almost like a comedy sketch.
I am ok with phone consultations but sometimes you just want to be seen and it is far too difficult.

Also prescriptions never turn up at the pharmacy when you are expecting them.

I am definitely leaving this surgery!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 June 2018

Akerman Medical Practice replied on 08 June 2018

Good morning, I apologise for the experience you have had. We aim to improve our service and your feedback is important to us. Please contact the practice and ask for the manager. We would like to learn and make changes to serve our patients better

Wholly professiona;

A scheduled telephone consultation was followed by an immediate appoinment the same morning. The doctor examined my symptoms carefully and arranged for a scan and follow-ups. He was quick and answered all my questions fully and courteously.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Anonymous gave Akerman Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

How do you talk by phone to someone who does not hear?

A year ago, I began to have pains in the ears and a lack of hearing.
Eight months ago I tried to book an appointment for the doctor and did not succeed.
I tried a lot to book an appointment by: By the Patient Access portal or phone.
I failed to book an appointment with Dr., the clinic does not accept medical disclosure face to face with the doctor. FIRST telephone consultation, .
How to consult a person who does not hear?
I almost became deaf because of my lack of reception at the clinic.
Sad or funny!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Akerman Medical Practice replied on 10 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you have had in arranging a consultation with the practice. Akerman Medical Practice has been providing care through telephone triage for more than 10 yrs now , this has significantly improved access to our service users . We return all telephone calls within 24hrs and if necessary a face to face appointment within 72 hrs . Our current appointment system is supported by many service users and Patient participation group. Telephone triage system has reduced appointment waiting times from 2-3 weeks to 1-3 days.

I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty in booking an appoint with a clinician using several of these methods.

I would also encourage you to join our patient participation group to help us improve the way we provide care to our patients .

Anonymous gave Akerman Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Seen on weekend, good surgery

Seen by the doctor on Saturday. Initially was just supposed to be telephone consultation but kindly managed to fit me in for an appointment on the same day at short notice. Was very professional, diagnosed problem straight away. Highly recommended.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 14 April 2018

B Stajic gave Akerman Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Akerman Medical Practice is the best Practice in SE London

I have been with the Akerman Medical Practice almost 28 years! My son too. All the doctors are very COMPETENT and HELPFUL especially one Dr. He goes far beyond his duties as doctor and has been extremely helpful in every health situation.

One member of staff is always helpfull and has managed to give advice with any questions I had about the blood tests or any other diet questions.

Staff in general - reception is VERY BUSY AT ALL TIMES but friendly and helpful on the phone and in person.

I highly praise and recommend this Practice. For me and my son all the negatives that other people say are I believe lies! This is my experience through the years and encounter with all the doctors and staff at this Practice is only positive!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 April 2018