Giffords Partnership

01225896630 Spa Road , Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 7EA

malcolm barber gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

i discovered a mole on my head

On discovering this mole on my head, my wife told me to contact the giffords surgery.
I phoned at 10.30 am, to be told a gp would phone me back at 11.20am , which they did.
The gp asked me to come straight over, which I did.
Within 30mins of talking to the gp,who told me some good news I was on my way home.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 31 October 2018

Dear Patient, thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will pass this back to the practice team, it is always encouraging to let the staff know when they have helped a patient.
If you were able to let us know your name I could let the staff know who were directly involved with your care.

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Positive experience at Giffords

I have always received the best care and attention from Giffords surgery. My GP is amazing in many ways. Very professional and caring. Both my husband and myself have health challenges and our GP has see us through some dark days.
I recently had a hip replacement and our GP sorted the whole process out for us from beginning to end. It was seamless.
The appointment system works well for everyone although it can be a challenge getting through to them.
I have also noticed a really positive change in the team at Giffords. Everyone is helpful, they always try to resolve issues and support you in every way. Polite and courteous.
Very happy with Giffords especially with my GP. Thank you everyone.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Mental health

I have recently had to see a doctor because my anxiety and depression got really bad. I was struggling with everything. I had a phone call with a really nice nurse and she asked me to come in to the surgery. I couldn't come that day so she found time to see me later that week. When I saw her she was really kind and understood what I was telling her. I wasn't rushed and she took extra time to listen to me. It's very hard to talk about my anxiety but she made me feel looked after and listened to. She explained everything to me and booked another appointment to check on me in a few weeks. I think this is a new person at the surgery and having struggled with my mental health foe a long time I wish I could have seen her before. I don't know if changes will help me but it really helped that someone talked to me about it and she seemed to know what to say to make me feel better. I feel like I can talk to her and make some changes. It's really good that the surgery has someone like this.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 09 November 2018

Giffords Partnership has not yet replied.

Celia Jennings gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Thank you Giffords staff for giving me a new lease of life!!

After months of self medicating for a painful knee I rang Giffords for help.I spoke with a doctor who listened to my symptoms and suggested an X-ray.I attended the walk in X-ray at the hospital.There was a message on my answerphone two days later inviting me to an appointment that day. I met my doctor who diagnosed the need for a possible replacement knee operation and very patiently and thoroughly offered other options in the meantime. It was arranged for me to have a steroid injection that afternoon. The following day I walked at least two miles around Dorchester which I would have been unable to do a week ago.I know more treatment is necessary but to be virtually pain free after months of discomfort is like a miracle.
I would also like to say how well I have been helped by your diabetic department, the staff are so supportive and encouraging....you are a great team!! Thank you.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 26 September 2018

Ian mackay gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professionals and staff support for recent health problems

I had several health problems caused by a fall I was able to access appointments when I needed them the doctor was very efficient and supportive of my of my needs whilst being treated for the above I then had two other health conditions at the same time which were also dealt with effectively I found the practice as a whole to be very efficient I appreciate all the staffs support

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Giffords Surgery

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 3 stars

Excellent care, shame about the appointment system

I have been with the surgery many years, and I have always received excellent care. The doctors, nurses and nurse practitioners have always been kind, patient and thorough taking time to help and answer my questions, which is always so comforting as I have some serious long-term health conditions.

What lets this practice down is the appointment system. Since it changed to 'on the day' it is almost impossible to see a doctor. Very often I have had a call back and almost been fobbed off as I wasn't considered in need of an appointment, then a few days later as I worsen I finally get an appointment and have been told off for not coming in earlier! Also the appointment system penalises against those who work or have commitments, it is expected that I have to be at an appointment at the drop of a hat. I work an hour away, and I can't just leave at a moments notice, and I have been made to feel very bad about this almost every time and that I am nothing but an inconvenience. This only works for those who don't have commitments e.g. retired people. This whole system seems engineered to put patients off from making an appointment. It is a real shame as once you actually get in and see someone, the care is excellent.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 30 July 2018

Dear Patient

I am sorry that you have had difficulty obtaining an appointment with your GP. I would be more than happy to review this situation for you, if you get in contact with me at the surgery.

Not every problem a patient has needs to be seen in person; some things can be dealt with over the telephone and avoids patients having to attend the surgery if a face to face appointment is not needed. A patient should always get to speak to a Clinician on the day they telephone and the clinician will try and accommodate there working pattern if they need to be seen. I am sorry that you do not feel we have been able to do this for you so far.

The system is designed to deal with more patients each day by them speaking directly to a clinician. The clinician will try to deal with their problem that day rather than a patient having to wait 2-3 weeks for a face to face appointment. This method means that each clinician can deal with more patients in a day than just seeing all the patients face to face. The clinician will take into consideration that a patient works if they need to see them, they will book the appointment with the patient directly, and it will not be at a moment’s notice, because they have face to face clinics both morning and afternoon.

Please do get in contact with me at the surgery and I will do my best to resolve this issue for you.

Practice and Business Manager

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

FRIENDLY STAFF AND GREAT APPOINTMENT SYSTEM

The staff are very friendly and the appointment system is great.
When I need to speak to a Doctor about any concerns I have, they ring me back that day and if necessary I get an appointment to be seen on the same day

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018

Gary gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Hello I have suffered with a heart issue for around a year now with not much support from my doctor until last week when I saw two new drs who are very nice and helpfull and one dr went above and beyond to help me, I am so greatfull to her I was not sleeping and was in so much discomfort, this doctor gave me the time I needed and the treatment I needed which has helped so much I only wish more drs could be as helpful and consider you as a real person like this one such a good dr. I would also like to say one of their recepiontist who works there is really helpfull and tries her best to help you every time you go in.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 18 June 2018

Dear Patient,

I am glad that the new doctors were able to help you, thank you for your feedback, I will circulate this to the team.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Andrea Coupland gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Always professional, friendly and understanding

I have lived in Melksham just under 2 years and I’ve never enjoyed visits to the doctor but the doctors at Giffords Surgery have looked after me better than any other surgery I have been registered with. They have listened been empathetic and helped me.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 27 June 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will ensure the rest of the team see your comments.

Rodney Summers gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professional and efficient.

I saw one of the GPs on Thursday and after examining me decided I needed immediate action. I went to the RUH and after further investigation found that I had a gastric bleed caused by ibuprofen. Treated successfully, along with other various treatments was able to come home after five days.
My understanding is that this type of bleed could have caused more serious problems had it not been picked up by the GP.
From prognosis to successful treatment the process was conducted very professionally and proficiently bu all concerned.
My thanks to the GP and all the other staff who were involved in my case.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 24 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will share this with the rest of the practice team.