Giffords Partnership

01225896630 Spa Road , Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 7EA

Outstanding Service

I contacted Giffords (who was not the family's registered surgery) due to my 10 year old daughter being quite poorly with what I believed to be Tonsillitis. Her usual surgery could not see her due to being busy! I was able to register my daughter as a temporary patient and she was seen within a very short space of time without me having to leave the surgery and bring her back.
The Nurse Practitioner was outstanding with how efficient she was and my 10 year old daughter came away with a prescription for antibiotics and commented on how lovely the Nurse Practitioner was.
Well done Giffords.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Dear Temporary Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this onto the Nurse Practitioner and the rest of the practice team. I am glad we were able to help your daughter and I hope she is now feeling better.

Speedy, efficient and courteous

For various logistical reasons I arrived almost half an hour early for my appointment with one of the practice nurses. Due to the existence of the computerised appointment system, rather than having to wait around for ages, the nurse was able to call me in when a gap arose. My appointment was friendly and efficient and I was out and on my way before my appointment time.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this on to the rest of the practice team.

Rodney Summers gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professional and efficient.

I saw one of the GPs on Thursday and after examining me decided I needed immediate action. I went to the RUH and after further investigation found that I had a gastric bleed caused by ibuprofen. Treated successfully, along with other various treatments was able to come home after five days.
My understanding is that this type of bleed could have caused more serious problems had it not been picked up by the GP.
From prognosis to successful treatment the process was conducted very professionally and proficiently bu all concerned.
My thanks to the GP and all the other staff who were involved in my case.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will share this with the rest of the practice team.

New, happy patient

Just moved to the area and registered with Giffords. So far I have found the whole team extremely helpful, friendly and professional. I called up for an appointment on the morning I needed some advice and my own GP kindly ‘squeezed’ me in when they could the same day. They were very respectful and understanding- I really felt like I had been listened to! I was referred onwards with lots of information too.
Really impressed with the efficiency of Giffords. Well recommended.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will forward your comments to the rest of the team.

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Never had a problem with this surgery

I've used this surgery for 18 years and have always been able to get an appointment and have always had very good service .
The practice in my opinion is very good and very thorough with its service provided to me

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 17 April 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 18 April 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback, I will make sure the practice team are aware of your positive comments.

Anon gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Overall improvement

Over the many years, I have had to visit the surgery for the many - and rising - amounts of ailments I have (I'm not a hypochondriac. I don't want that as well!). Gone are the days I would sit with one particular doctor for ages and he would discuss my parents who left Melksham decades before! After, I thought the standards and services had dropped a little. But things are back on track.
It is a shame that some patients have had bad experiences. Alas, the modern NHS is having to do more with less money and there may be glitches with certain services. Also technology moves on and after the initial shock of having to re-order meds on-line, I approve. I hope that the telephone prescription service becomes as user friendly as on-line.
I think the call-back service is a good idea, as sorting ailments out over the phone, frees up valuable time for both doctors, support staff and the patient.
Of late, I have been rather poorly and have had a large amount of contact with Giffords. The service I received was exceptional.

Keep up the good work!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 26 April 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 26 April 2018

Dear Patient, thank you for your positive feedback, I have passed this onto the staff at the surgery.

Andrew MacLachlan gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

My family and I have been with this practice for 13 years and have always found them to be excellent. Granted, we don't usually need to visit that often, but in the last two months I have had one thing after the other and they have been superb! Phone up around 0830 and you are speaking to or sitting in front of a GP within hours. I really cannot recommend them enough! At a time when the NHS is in crisis, I think they do an excellent job. Oh, and parking is easy as they have a huge car park!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass your comments onto the rest of the practice team.

Angela Holnes gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Good support

I have been with Giffords for 20 years and have seen two doctors in particular, I found both to be very helpful and supportive. It Is good to be able to be seen on the day when you phone, I was impressed at the speed at which they got me a hospital appointment. My husband has also received excellent care.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 March 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 20 March 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback, I have shared this with the practice team.

Alice alexander gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

A service to be proud of

I recently suffered with heart problems and received fantastic care, support and advice from my Doctor at Gifford's. I was seen quickly and had everything explained to me. My Doctor liaised with the hospital and has since seen me regularly for follow up. I cannot praise them enough for my recent care.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 1 stars

Has gone down hill rock bottom now been with them 65 years

Try and see a doctor is a joke, all you get is a phone back, you cannot see a problem over the phone I have had a problem for 6 months, all I get from 2 doctors is that's getting older and take pain killers, not let's see if we can find the problem, I have no faith in new doctors at giffords now and fill let down,

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 20 March 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 20 March 2018

Dear Patient
I am sorry that you have had problems with the service offered by the practice. If you would like to contact me at the surgery, I will try to resolve your complaint for you.