Giffords Partnership

01225896630 Spa Road , Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 7EA

Ian mackay gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professionals and staff support for recent health problems

I had several health problems caused by a fall I was able to access appointments when I needed them the doctor was very efficient and supportive of my of my needs whilst being treated for the above I then had two other health conditions at the same time which were also dealt with effectively I found the practice as a whole to be very efficient I appreciate all the staffs support

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Giffords Partnership has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 3 stars

Excellent care, shame about the appointment system

I have been with the surgery many years, and I have always received excellent care. The doctors, nurses and nurse practitioners have always been kind, patient and thorough taking time to help and answer my questions, which is always so comforting as I have some serious long-term health conditions.

What lets this practice down is the appointment system. Since it changed to 'on the day' it is almost impossible to see a doctor. Very often I have had a call back and almost been fobbed off as I wasn't considered in need of an appointment, then a few days later as I worsen I finally get an appointment and have been told off for not coming in earlier! Also the appointment system penalises against those who work or have commitments, it is expected that I have to be at an appointment at the drop of a hat. I work an hour away, and I can't just leave at a moments notice, and I have been made to feel very bad about this almost every time and that I am nothing but an inconvenience. This only works for those who don't have commitments e.g. retired people. This whole system seems engineered to put patients off from making an appointment. It is a real shame as once you actually get in and see someone, the care is excellent.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 30 July 2018

Dear Patient

I am sorry that you have had difficulty obtaining an appointment with your GP. I would be more than happy to review this situation for you, if you get in contact with me at the surgery.

Not every problem a patient has needs to be seen in person; some things can be dealt with over the telephone and avoids patients having to attend the surgery if a face to face appointment is not needed. A patient should always get to speak to a Clinician on the day they telephone and the clinician will try and accommodate there working pattern if they need to be seen. I am sorry that you do not feel we have been able to do this for you so far.

The system is designed to deal with more patients each day by them speaking directly to a clinician. The clinician will try to deal with their problem that day rather than a patient having to wait 2-3 weeks for a face to face appointment. This method means that each clinician can deal with more patients in a day than just seeing all the patients face to face. The clinician will take into consideration that a patient works if they need to see them, they will book the appointment with the patient directly, and it will not be at a moment’s notice, because they have face to face clinics both morning and afternoon.

Please do get in contact with me at the surgery and I will do my best to resolve this issue for you.

Practice and Business Manager

Gary gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Hello I have suffered with a heart issue for around a year now with not much support from my doctor until last week when I saw two new drs who are very nice and helpfull and one dr went above and beyond to help me, I am so greatfull to her I was not sleeping and was in so much discomfort, this doctor gave me the time I needed and the treatment I needed which has helped so much I only wish more drs could be as helpful and consider you as a real person like this one such a good dr. I would also like to say one of their recepiontist who works there is really helpfull and tries her best to help you every time you go in.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 18 June 2018

Dear Patient,

I am glad that the new doctors were able to help you, thank you for your feedback, I will circulate this to the team.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Andrea Coupland gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Always professional, friendly and understanding

I have lived in Melksham just under 2 years and I’ve never enjoyed visits to the doctor but the doctors at Giffords Surgery have looked after me better than any other surgery I have been registered with. They have listened been empathetic and helped me.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 27 June 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will ensure the rest of the team see your comments.

Rodney Summers gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professional and efficient.

I saw one of the GPs on Thursday and after examining me decided I needed immediate action. I went to the RUH and after further investigation found that I had a gastric bleed caused by ibuprofen. Treated successfully, along with other various treatments was able to come home after five days.
My understanding is that this type of bleed could have caused more serious problems had it not been picked up by the GP.
From prognosis to successful treatment the process was conducted very professionally and proficiently bu all concerned.
My thanks to the GP and all the other staff who were involved in my case.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will share this with the rest of the practice team.

New, happy patient

Just moved to the area and registered with Giffords. So far I have found the whole team extremely helpful, friendly and professional. I called up for an appointment on the morning I needed some advice and my own GP kindly ‘squeezed’ me in when they could the same day. They were very respectful and understanding- I really felt like I had been listened to! I was referred onwards with lots of information too.
Really impressed with the efficiency of Giffords. Well recommended.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will forward your comments to the rest of the team.

Glen Smart gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Worried about a colitis flare up

I got an appointment on the day i phoned and was asked to bring a urine sample that was tested that day and got an appointment for a blood test the following day, that evening i discovered a worrying lump so phoned the doctors again the following morning and was seen within a couple of hours where my mind was put at rest, also i got the results of my blood test which thankfully all clear.
So within 48 hours i felt all had been done to totally put my mind at rest.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 05 June 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the practice team.

Outstanding Service

I contacted Giffords (who was not the family's registered surgery) due to my 10 year old daughter being quite poorly with what I believed to be Tonsillitis. Her usual surgery could not see her due to being busy! I was able to register my daughter as a temporary patient and she was seen within a very short space of time without me having to leave the surgery and bring her back.
The Nurse Practitioner was outstanding with how efficient she was and my 10 year old daughter came away with a prescription for antibiotics and commented on how lovely the Nurse Practitioner was.
Well done Giffords.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Dear Temporary Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this onto the Nurse Practitioner and the rest of the practice team. I am glad we were able to help your daughter and I hope she is now feeling better.

Speedy, efficient and courteous

For various logistical reasons I arrived almost half an hour early for my appointment with one of the practice nurses. Due to the existence of the computerised appointment system, rather than having to wait around for ages, the nurse was able to call me in when a gap arose. My appointment was friendly and efficient and I was out and on my way before my appointment time.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this on to the rest of the practice team.

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Never had a problem with this surgery

I've used this surgery for 18 years and have always been able to get an appointment and have always had very good service .
The practice in my opinion is very good and very thorough with its service provided to me

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 17 April 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 18 April 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback, I will make sure the practice team are aware of your positive comments.