Giffords Partnership

01225896630 Spa Road , Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 7EA

Emma Guarisco gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

apprehensive..

I have been with the surgery from mid May 2019. I haven't had the need for an actual appointment, just repeat medication. The first time I got my prescription was very straight forward as I ordered it when I joined. When trying to get my next prescription it was looking like it was going to be impossible. I used the details given to get securely online to order them and it wouldn't give me access so I rang the 'pod'. it was there they told me I wasn't registered at this surgery. I had to ring the surgery and spoke to a rather blunt receptionist who said I had told them I left the surgery when I definitely hadn't. I was told I needed to come on again and register and the option of getting my much needed meds could only get sorted when id been registered. now desperate for meds that I hadn't had for 2 days I rang again and spoke to a different receptionist who had obviously been there longer and had a much more empathetic and caring nature. they managed to let me to register by sending a new form via email and booked me a phone call appointment to sort out the meds side. this person made me feel listened to and was actually prepared to get things sorted. a call from the doctor happened shortly after. all I have to do now was take in the hard copy of my registration forms and my prescription would be waiting for me. The 2nd person who I spoke to that as per instructions on this page id love to name but i'm sure they know who they are: thank you for restoring my faith in the NHS.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 12 August 2019

Giffords Partnership replied on 12 August 2019

Dear patient, I am sorry that you have had problems with the service offered by the surgery, regarding your prescription and registration. I would be more than happy to deal with your complaint if you would like to get in touch with me at the surgery.

I am glad that on the second encounter with the reception team you were given the assistance that you needed to get the problems resolved for you.

Thank you for your feedback.

Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 1 stars

Not impressed

Can never get through on the phone, be prepared to be on the phone for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. Terrible admin, I have monthly repeat prescriptions which they manage to get wrong every single time, and there is no contact from them. I would avoid, only register d and staying due to spa not taking new patients on.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 31 August 2019

Giffords Partnership replied on 05 September 2019

Dear Patient

I am sorry that you have had problems getting through to the surgery on the telephone, no one should be waiting 20 minutes for the phone to be answered and that you have had problems with your monthly repeat medication. I would be more than happy to review these issues for you if you contact me at the surgery with the specific details.

Practice Manager

Our recent experiences at Giffords

The care & help that has been given to my wife & I is always extremely good. The telephone/triage system arrangement system works well and it is rare that we cannot see our nominated Doctor. This gives us confidence as we have a rapport with this person If we need urgent attention we do not mind seeing another doctor if our nominated doctor is not available. I also attend the surgery for regular blood tests, my appointments are dealt with on time with little or no delay. Staff are invariably courteous and helpful

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 30 July 2019

Giffords Partnership replied on 05 August 2019

Thank you for your feedback I have passed this onto the staff at the surgery.

Practice and Business Manager

A Mac gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Incredible surgery!

My family have been registered at this surgery for over 15 years now and have never had cause to complain. Luckily, we don't need their services too often, but when we do, it is always an easy process to get through to the surgery and to get an appointment. When I read about the poor experiences people have with their surgery, I feel very lucky to be registered at Giffords. The receptionists are always polite and efficient and the quality of GP's and nurses has always impressed me. If only other practices could copy this example, there would be happier patients! Well done Giffords - keep it up!

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 19 July 2019

Giffords Partnership replied on 05 August 2019

Thank you for your positive feedback I will pass this onto the staff at the surgery.
Mandy Gurr
Practice & Business Manager.

malcolm barber gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

i discovered a mole on my head

On discovering this mole on my head, my wife told me to contact the giffords surgery.
I phoned at 10.30 am, to be told a gp would phone me back at 11.20am , which they did.
The gp asked me to come straight over, which I did.
Within 30mins of talking to the gp,who told me some good news I was on my way home.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 31 October 2018

Dear Patient, thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will pass this back to the practice team, it is always encouraging to let the staff know when they have helped a patient.
If you were able to let us know your name I could let the staff know who were directly involved with your care.

Positive experience at Giffords

I have always received the best care and attention from Giffords surgery. My GP is amazing in many ways. Very professional and caring. Both my husband and myself have health challenges and our GP has see us through some dark days.
I recently had a hip replacement and our GP sorted the whole process out for us from beginning to end. It was seamless.
The appointment system works well for everyone although it can be a challenge getting through to them.
I have also noticed a really positive change in the team at Giffords. Everyone is helpful, they always try to resolve issues and support you in every way. Polite and courteous.
Very happy with Giffords especially with my GP. Thank you everyone.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Mental health

I have recently had to see a doctor because my anxiety and depression got really bad. I was struggling with everything. I had a phone call with a really nice nurse and she asked me to come in to the surgery. I couldn't come that day so she found time to see me later that week. When I saw her she was really kind and understood what I was telling her. I wasn't rushed and she took extra time to listen to me. It's very hard to talk about my anxiety but she made me feel looked after and listened to. She explained everything to me and booked another appointment to check on me in a few weeks. I think this is a new person at the surgery and having struggled with my mental health foe a long time I wish I could have seen her before. I don't know if changes will help me but it really helped that someone talked to me about it and she seemed to know what to say to make me feel better. I feel like I can talk to her and make some changes. It's really good that the surgery has someone like this.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 09 November 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 05 August 2019

Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure this is passed onto the staff involved in your care. I hope things are continuing to improve for you.

Celia Jennings gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Thank you Giffords staff for giving me a new lease of life!!

After months of self medicating for a painful knee I rang Giffords for help.I spoke with a doctor who listened to my symptoms and suggested an X-ray.I attended the walk in X-ray at the hospital.There was a message on my answerphone two days later inviting me to an appointment that day. I met my doctor who diagnosed the need for a possible replacement knee operation and very patiently and thoroughly offered other options in the meantime. It was arranged for me to have a steroid injection that afternoon. The following day I walked at least two miles around Dorchester which I would have been unable to do a week ago.I know more treatment is necessary but to be virtually pain free after months of discomfort is like a miracle.
I would also like to say how well I have been helped by your diabetic department, the staff are so supportive and encouraging....you are a great team!! Thank you.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 26 September 2018

Ian mackay gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professionals and staff support for recent health problems

I had several health problems caused by a fall I was able to access appointments when I needed them the doctor was very efficient and supportive of my of my needs whilst being treated for the above I then had two other health conditions at the same time which were also dealt with effectively I found the practice as a whole to be very efficient I appreciate all the staffs support

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Giffords Surgery

FRIENDLY STAFF AND GREAT APPOINTMENT SYSTEM

The staff are very friendly and the appointment system is great.
When I need to speak to a Doctor about any concerns I have, they ring me back that day and if necessary I get an appointment to be seen on the same day

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018