Giffords Partnership

01225896630 Spa Road , Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 7EA

Gary gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Hello I have suffered with a heart issue for around a year now with not much support from my doctor until last week when I saw two new drs who are very nice and helpfull and one dr went above and beyond to help me, I am so greatfull to her I was not sleeping and was in so much discomfort, this doctor gave me the time I needed and the treatment I needed which has helped so much I only wish more drs could be as helpful and consider you as a real person like this one such a good dr. I would also like to say one of their recepiontist who works there is really helpfull and tries her best to help you every time you go in.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 18 June 2018

Dear Patient,

I am glad that the new doctors were able to help you, thank you for your feedback, I will circulate this to the team.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Andrea Coupland gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Always professional, friendly and understanding

I have lived in Melksham just under 2 years and I’ve never enjoyed visits to the doctor but the doctors at Giffords Surgery have looked after me better than any other surgery I have been registered with. They have listened been empathetic and helped me.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 27 June 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will ensure the rest of the team see your comments.

Outstanding Service

I contacted Giffords (who was not the family's registered surgery) due to my 10 year old daughter being quite poorly with what I believed to be Tonsillitis. Her usual surgery could not see her due to being busy! I was able to register my daughter as a temporary patient and she was seen within a very short space of time without me having to leave the surgery and bring her back.
The Nurse Practitioner was outstanding with how efficient she was and my 10 year old daughter came away with a prescription for antibiotics and commented on how lovely the Nurse Practitioner was.
Well done Giffords.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Dear Temporary Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this onto the Nurse Practitioner and the rest of the practice team. I am glad we were able to help your daughter and I hope she is now feeling better.

Speedy, efficient and courteous

For various logistical reasons I arrived almost half an hour early for my appointment with one of the practice nurses. Due to the existence of the computerised appointment system, rather than having to wait around for ages, the nurse was able to call me in when a gap arose. My appointment was friendly and efficient and I was out and on my way before my appointment time.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass this on to the rest of the practice team.

Rodney Summers gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Professional and efficient.

I saw one of the GPs on Thursday and after examining me decided I needed immediate action. I went to the RUH and after further investigation found that I had a gastric bleed caused by ibuprofen. Treated successfully, along with other various treatments was able to come home after five days.
My understanding is that this type of bleed could have caused more serious problems had it not been picked up by the GP.
From prognosis to successful treatment the process was conducted very professionally and proficiently bu all concerned.
My thanks to the GP and all the other staff who were involved in my case.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will share this with the rest of the practice team.

New, happy patient

Just moved to the area and registered with Giffords. So far I have found the whole team extremely helpful, friendly and professional. I called up for an appointment on the morning I needed some advice and my own GP kindly ‘squeezed’ me in when they could the same day. They were very respectful and understanding- I really felt like I had been listened to! I was referred onwards with lots of information too.
Really impressed with the efficiency of Giffords. Well recommended.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I will forward your comments to the rest of the team.

Glen Smart gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 4 stars

Worried about a colitis flare up

I got an appointment on the day i phoned and was asked to bring a urine sample that was tested that day and got an appointment for a blood test the following day, that evening i discovered a worrying lump so phoned the doctors again the following morning and was seen within a couple of hours where my mind was put at rest, also i got the results of my blood test which thankfully all clear.
So within 48 hours i felt all had been done to totally put my mind at rest.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 05 June 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated. I will pass your comments onto the rest of the practice team.

Anonymous gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Never had a problem with this surgery

I've used this surgery for 18 years and have always been able to get an appointment and have always had very good service .
The practice in my opinion is very good and very thorough with its service provided to me

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 17 April 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 18 April 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your positive feedback, I will make sure the practice team are aware of your positive comments.

Anon gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Overall improvement

Over the many years, I have had to visit the surgery for the many - and rising - amounts of ailments I have (I'm not a hypochondriac. I don't want that as well!). Gone are the days I would sit with one particular doctor for ages and he would discuss my parents who left Melksham decades before! After, I thought the standards and services had dropped a little. But things are back on track.
It is a shame that some patients have had bad experiences. Alas, the modern NHS is having to do more with less money and there may be glitches with certain services. Also technology moves on and after the initial shock of having to re-order meds on-line, I approve. I hope that the telephone prescription service becomes as user friendly as on-line.
I think the call-back service is a good idea, as sorting ailments out over the phone, frees up valuable time for both doctors, support staff and the patient.
Of late, I have been rather poorly and have had a large amount of contact with Giffords. The service I received was exceptional.

Keep up the good work!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 26 April 2018

Giffords Partnership replied on 26 April 2018

Dear Patient, thank you for your positive feedback, I have passed this onto the staff at the surgery.

Andrew MacLachlan gave Giffords Partnership a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic surgery

My family and I have been with this practice for 13 years and have always found them to be excellent. Granted, we don't usually need to visit that often, but in the last two months I have had one thing after the other and they have been superb! Phone up around 0830 and you are speaking to or sitting in front of a GP within hours. I really cannot recommend them enough! At a time when the NHS is in crisis, I think they do an excellent job. Oh, and parking is easy as they have a huge car park!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will pass your comments onto the rest of the practice team.