Chingford Medical Practice

02085240900 Chingford Health Centre, 109 York Road , London, Greater London, E4 8LF

A Nice Surgery

As a long term patient I thought the surgery deserved a good review after a recent visit to see my GP. I was dealt with very professionally at reception and in my appointment my GP listened and explained everything in detail.

I understand the surgery will be opening on a Thursday afternoon for things like booking appointments, prescription collection etc. This can only be a good thing for patients and as a patient this is good to see the surgery is extending its hours to further assist it's opening times.

For me, what you see is what you get with the surgery, a good service.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Sarah gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Much better than previous surgery

I was with another surgery and was treated with very little respect and compassion so I changed. I am so glad I did. Ok so like all surgeries the phones are very busy I don't think that, that can be helped with the volume of calls and amount of staff but I believe they do their best. Receptionists have always been very polite and have been as helpful as they can which I appreciate. The head of reception is such a great example of how receptionists should be as their manner on the phone and in person is so helpful, respectful and kind.
The doctors and nurses are all also very nice and helpful. Yes there are things that are not perfect in the surgery but I am sure there is no such thing as perfect but they seem to do the best they can with what they have.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

GP feedback

I was a patient at the practice for approximately 1year & 3mths.on my very first I was spoken to abruptly by one of the receptionists. I could believe what I was hearing. There were 4 people behind in the queue, the receptionists was speaking so loud, I asked them to please speak quietly as I did not want the patients behind to hear everything. Not only did everyone hear my name but what medication I was talking, the doze and my address. I was so upset! I complained to the reception but after 3 months of complaints, I headed nothing. My gp had to be the most arrogant, rude, obnoxious, sarcastic doctors I've ever met. I suffer from sever depression and my meds should be on repeat but I had to verbally fight for my meds to be given to me, if thou the meds were 5,sometimes 6 days late. I have never been so insulted in all my life. I've written so many letters regarding my experiences when at the surgery, but all my crys have fallen apon deaf ears. I would never recommend anyone to register with chingford medical practice!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Very satisfied

My husband and I have been with this practice since it's formation and were with these doctors for many years before.. Although getting through to reception first thing in the morning can been a little tedious, staff are usually helpful and the doctors have always been attentive, helpful and will refer to hospital if appropriate.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Pointless

I have tried to call multiple times for appointments on a number of different occasions and the staff are usually unhelpful and like many others I have been told to call at 8am, when the phones lines are completely busy and when I have finally got through all the appointments are busy. This has happened to me the last 3 occasions I have had been unwell to the point where I have started to give up on ever going. I have just called for an appointment and had to push the receptionist to look on their system and actually check for pre bookable appointments to which they informed me I can only book 4 days in advance (which were obviously all booked), which is awful and they were completely unhelpful, I then asked if there were appointments online, they informed me there was. So I cannot book an appointment with a receptionist I must do this myself... Its an awful service and there seems to be far to many people registered compare to what the service can handle.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Can't get appointment when I need

When ever I call for appointments I don't get them not for me not for my 3 years old daughter either. Also when I get an appointment there are always late for minimum 20 min. I had an appointment yesterday as I wanted to get referral for maxilofacial because I am having problem with my jaw I am keep dislocating while I sleep or when I am yawning sometimes and when ever I dislocate it am passing out as well from pain which is becoming a big problem for me, but the Doctor told me that's normal problem which I don't agree because if my husband it's not next to me I could die as I am unconscious on that time and also vomiting on same time. So I could say they don't listen to the patients at all they just want to get rid of the patients as soon as they can instead of listening what we are telling them I had MRI for my jaw in June this year but they don't have my results yet and there are not interested of chasing the hospitals instead they are giving us phone numbers so we can waste our time. Also when I visit them yesterday I asked if they can check on my daughter as she is been coughing for 3 weeks now but the GP said no as she didn't have appointment but there are no appointments available until January on intranet and when ever you call they are saying please call later, I can't understand how there are booking the appointments,when I call in the evening they are saying please call 8am and when I call at 8am there are saying we are fully booked for today. Unfortunately I would say not helpful at all and would not like to visit them again. Looking to change them soon

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 December 2016

So helpful !

My elderly father is a patient at this practice and I have to contact them from time to time on his behalf. The reception staff could not be more helpful. They are always willing and able to sort out any queries we have , they try their best to give Dad appointments with the nurse or GP as soon as possible. They return calls to me to within a short time. When Dad attends they help him with the car park number plate system which he finds difficult. When I have attended GP appointments with him they listen to our concerns and explain clearly . The GP will contact me by phone with test results or medication changes rather than bring us into the surgery if not necessary. I have nothing but good things say about this practice,

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 16 January 2017

Anonymous gave Chingford Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Newly disabled and to the Area.

Came to this surgery part by default.Am disabled rehabilitating and new in Area.Very glad I have signed to this go practice.Yes I do always get treat with the utmost respect dignity and very courteously.Well pleased I am not used to being patronised or overly sympathised with and that's what I do not get.Staff agree the computer needs reviewing,though right input from patients and all shall be tickety boom!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

We welcome your positive comments and thank you for your time.

I will ensure that your comments are shared with all practice staff. It is great encouragement to staff to receive positive feedback from patients. It is always our intentions to provide excellent and responsive care for our patients and when we receive positive feedback it is very rewarding.

Good Surgery

Me and my family have been using this surgery for the last four years and have no complaints. We always get an appointment if we need one, reception are lovely, the Doctors are great (there is only one I have come across I was not keen on). I feel I am always listened to, taken seriously and onward referrals are made when needed and handled well. I really can't complain about this surgery or any other health provision I have accessed while living in Waltham Forest. Its great there are additional services offered there too such as blood testing, child health clinic, midwifery, podiatry to name a few.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

On the ball

Over the last six months I have, regrettably, had a 'season ticket' to the Chingford Medical Practice. The problem I have been faced with is one of a cardiac nature and doctors at the CMP have played a blinder. I can't thank them enough for the care and attention they have afforded me. It is extremely reassuring to know that, when one has to visit his/her GP the doctor will discuss and explain the problems that you are faced with. My wife and I have been with CMP for many years but, on reflection, it is head and shoulders above any previous practice with which we have been associated. I am hopeful that 2017 will be a much better year for me from a health point of view, thereby freeing up a few spaces for other patients.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 November 2016