Spring Terrace Health Centre

01912961588 Spring Terrace , North Shields, Tyne And Wear, NE29 0HD

Anne K gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Prompt, efficient and caring

brought my very elderly father to Spring Terrace today. The waiting was clean, bright and inviting. We were seen very close to our appointment time with minimal wait. The GP was great. Warm, caring and concerned - treated my dad with dignity and compassion. He had been concerned about the appointment but came away full of praise. Top marks

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Dear Anne K,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I will look forward to sharing your feedback with the whole team.

mr&mrs j whellens gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

the worst surgery we have ever had

we have had many doctors surgeries but i would not recomend this surgery the reason is that we were at the surgery for four to six weeks they got the perscriptions wrong even though we had put repeat perscriptions in they still got them wrong also youhad to wait twenty minutes on the phone for them to answer

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Dear Mr & Mrs Whellens,

Please accept my apologies for your recent experience when arranging your prescription at the practice.

I am unsure if you were aware that on the 29th August we moved to a new clinical system which as you can imagine is a very difficult and onerous task. Sadly the new system caused some delays with both access and prescriptions during the "cutover & go live" period which unfortunately covered the 6 weeks you were with the surgery. The system is now running more smoothly and patients should be able to make contact with the practice more easily with fewer frustrations.

I am very sorry to hear that because of the problems you encountered you have felt the need to leave the practice however please accept my sincere apology on behalf of Spring Terrace Health Centre.

Kindest Regards,

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

no contact to say i needed antibiotics

after visiting the doctor I was asked to supply a urine sample ,I waited a week before contacting the surgery only to find that an antibiotic had been prescribed and had been sent to my chosen chemist, I had no contact from either the doctors or the chemist to say that I needed an antibiotic ( I must be a mind reader) I have no Idea why I need the antibiotic and the receptionist in their wisdom told me I must have an infection, I was under the impression that it was a doctor who diagnosed conditions. this surgery is a joke

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and share your experience.

I would like to reassure you that the experience of our patients is extremely important to each and every one of the practice team and I know they will disappointed to know that you have been made to feel that you are not cared for. Generally patients are requested to call the surgery to request the results of any tests themselves and I apologise if you were unaware of this. I will make sure that our clinicians are advised to reiterate this during consultations at our next meeting.

Unfortunately as this post is anonymous we are unable to provide any further feedback. In order for us to address individual issues we ask that that patients contact us directly should they wish to discuss anything in more detail.

Kindest Regards,

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

No complaints

Having never visited my GP surgery for many years I was not sure what to expect. I've been a cancer patient with no previous ill health. Wonderful care and empathy from the whole team, from the lovely member of staff on Reception to the nurse to the GPs I've seen. Thanks to the whole team

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The whole team will be delighted to hear that you have had such a positive experience.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Fantastic reception staff who get treated terribly by some patients

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to feeding this back to the rest of the team.

Sue Pell gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Try to get someone to answer the phone is a joke

Trying to get someone to answer the phone and not have to wait 20 minutes each time and then being fobbed off is an absolute joke. You don't know whether you are through to a receptionist or a call centre who is picking up calls. How an older person gets through this minefield is beyond me - yes I do know they change provider which is exactly what I am going to do.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience with the practice. We are aware that some patients have experienced some difficulties when attempting to contact the practice via telephone.

We have recently introduced a new telephone system to the practice and have been working hard with our provider to rectify some of the issues that arose when the system was installed. As well as this we are currently making some proactive steps to cut telephone wait times for our patients.

The anonymous nature of a post on NHS Choices can make it difficult to respond to individual issues. I would be very happy to look into the cancelled consultant appointment as I fully understand how frustrating this must have been for you. If you feel this would be helpful please do not hesitate to contact me at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Letters from hospital advising on treatment not folowed upl

No appointment system in place Just ring up between 8am and 8-15 and chance your luck if you ever get through.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 24 August 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have recently introduced a new telephone system to the practice and have been working hard with our provider to rectify some of the initial issues that arose when the system was installed. I do appreciate that we are not always able to provide a routine appointment as quickly as some patients may like and this must feel very frustrating for some. However, all patients who request an urgent same day appointment will receive an initial telephone call from one of our GP’s. For some patients (not all) this will mean that a telephone consultation prevents them having to take time out their day to attend the surgery for an appointment. Alternatively, patients who require a face to face consultation are provided with one that day.

The anonymous nature of a post on NHS Choices can make it difficult to respond to individual issues. I would be very happy to look into why/if a hospital letter was not followed up as I fully understand how frustrating this must have been for you. If you feel this would be helpful please do not hesitate to contact me at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get an appointment in advance is ridiculous and you are constantly told phone the next day. I would just like to say that I work just like your staff do and im sure if they were trying to ring somewhere for an appointment and was constantly told try the next day I'm sure they would be hauled into the office by their manager to say why aren't you working when your at work. This is 2017 get real not everyone has the opportunity of being able to ring every morning at 8.15 to get an appointment in advance while holding on the phone to get through for anywhere from 10 mins up over. Shocking system. Also whenever you hand a letter in from a hospital make sure you photocopy it and get the name of who you hand it to as somehow it disappears not once not twice but 3 times in some cases. Finally your receptionist are like immovable objects you have to get past them first and half then don't listen?

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and share your experience. I am so sorry to that you have experienced the difficulties you describe when trying to make an appointment at the practice.

The anonymous nature of a post on NHS Choices can make it difficult to respond to individual issues. I would be very happy to look into the missing letters for you as I fully understand how frustrating this must have been for you. If you feel this would be helpful please do not hesitate to contact me at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Spring Terrace Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Gold dust appointments. shocking.

The misfortune of having your GP located at Spring Terrace; trying to get an appointment at this GP surgery is apparently like gold dust according to the very pleasant receptionist at the Spring Terrace Health Centre. Clearly having a poor rating from the CQC has made no impact on a surgery that only has 6.5 thousand registered patients.
No appointments are available even for 1 month in advance. Do we really care? Apparently not. Try tomorrow we are told. And likely you will face the same problem day after day. Do we care? Apparently not.
We understand the receptionist is at the mercy of a dreadful administration but to liken your need for health care to gold dust is demeaning and disrespectful. Sad situation. Take a look towards the private sector and see how it's truly well done.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

Spring Terrace Health Centre replied on 21 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and share your experience. I am so sorry to that you had experienced the difficulties you describe when trying to make an appointment at the practice.

I would like to reassure you that the experience of our patients is extremely important to each and every one of the practice team and I know they will disappointed that you have been made to feel that you are not cared for.

Waste of time

i don't think I can recall a time leaving spring terrace feeling satisfied with how things were dealt with, recently I handed my travel vaccination form in as I'm traveling in may, I handed them in 7-8 weeks ago, after I didn't hear anything after 5-6 weeks I rang to find out what was happening, the receptionist asked if I definitely handed it in there and said the travel nurse is on holiday so it hasn't been sorted (aka we've lost your form) which is funny as that's exactly what they said to my sister just a month earlier, and I still haven't heard anything, I understand that there may be a long waiting list but my girlfriend handed hers in at her practise and had her first injections within 2 weeks, now because of how long I have till I go I need to go privately which is obviously very expensive.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your comment. I would generally receive a notification on email when a comment is added to NHS Choices but for some reason this did not happen.

Thank you for getting in touch to share your experience. I am so sorry that it has not been a positive one for you. I understand your frustrations at the delays you have experienced waiting to be seen for your appointment and to speak to a nurse, please accept my apologies that this has happened.