Penn Manor Medical Practice

01902575142 Manor Road , Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV4 5PY

wassa gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Urine sample

I took in urine sample on Wednesday 8th of May I called on Friday the 10th May and was told they had sent it and to ring on the Monday when they said they could not find the sample and could I supply another one so I pose the question what happened to my first one this as caused some worry as I wanted my result

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 13 May 2019

Lisa Williams gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The nurse is excellent!!

Following an accident whilst abroad where I had to have 25+ stitches. I tried to get an appointment but phone rang out continually so I eventually gave up! The following day I tried again from 8:30 and eventually got through on the afternoon at 4:30!!! I asked to see a Dr but no appts were available and I was told it would be the following week and I would have to call on the Morning each day!! I said I needed help immediately and she said I could see a nurse. She redressed my wound and gave me antibiotics. However, when I had to later visit another nurse I was finally treated with respect, kindness and professional efficiency. I was seriously considering changing Drs. however, this nurse renewed my faith in the practice. Please hold onto her.. she is a credit to Penn Manor!

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 28 May 2019

Pat price gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I had cause to ask for an urgent appointment. I was given an appointment to see a doctor in the afternoon. He was brilliant, listening skills were very good. No complaints at all.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 27 April 2019

Anthony Faulkner gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Recent appointment

Recent appointment with the doctor. Very helpful, reassuring and timely. Excellent advice on next course of treatment.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 24 March 2019

tim marple gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

alcohol consumption

Had to have appointment today 4/12/18 for blood pressure check. The doc I saw told me to cut alcohol consumption down. I found that odd because I average in a year about One unit per week. sometime dont have a drink from one week to another and never have more than one. I had to explain what a shandy was as I cannot drink neat beer. I personally dont think the understanding of English was very good. therefore my blood pressure rose.

She did not seem to want to accept my alcohol consumption is virtually nil.
Other than that I have further tests to have done which I accept. But would like to pick a doctor in future.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 04 December 2018

Anonymous gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

terrible Admin!

I am finding each time I call there is an excuse why the administration resource cannot help, call back in a week, call back in the morning!

Given doctors that I have specifically asked not to see! Some of the Locums are shocking!

People answering the phone and Fobbing me off because it’s nearly 6pm and you want to go home, this is the second time it happened, the first time I called at the request of 111 and was told that no one could speak to me, this is in direct breach of the duty of care.

Today I just wanted to chase a referral and now I have to call back tomorrow when I’m at work, it’s too much trouble to send an email get the receptionist to chase! It’s not like you rush to answer the phone!

Not happy at all!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 20 November 2018

Thank you for your comments today, I am sorry that you feel that he service you are getting from the admin team here is not up to scratch. Please can you take the time to write into me with more detail of your concerns so that I can investigate further and improve the service. My email is Helen.ryan3@nhs.net and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Helen Ryan (Practice Manager)

Wayne gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Not happy

my Appointment was for 10.50 and I wasn’t seen until 12.00. The reason was that the computers had gone down. Maybe a regular hard copy back up should be made to plan for these occurrences as they seem quite regular. Clearly non of the doctors were sure who they should be seeing and it felt like a free for all.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 20 November 2018

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you at this appointment. The phones and computers were down for 3 days and we were trying our very best to manage patient consultations. We had no access at all to see who was booked in or to see medical records. We tried to manage things acutely and made plans to manage other work from local Practices. I am hoping that this will not happen again, and I appreciate your patience at this difficult.
Best regards
Helen Ryan, Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

First class GP

Both my family and I have attended Penn manor for nearly 20 years and in all that time have received very good medical care. However the addition of another Dr has taken the practice to another level, She is what everyone wants in a family GP. She is obviously technically brilliant ( as are all the GPS ) but what she has is an outstanding ability to make patients feel as if they are valued and important and that she is there for them. She is an exceptional GP and I along with all who I come into contact with ( both elderly as in my case but also people with children ) are so pleased that she is with us and value her as a trusted and loved GP

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 28 September 2018

Tim Marple gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Plenty of doctors on duty

I have always got an appointment on a day that I wish to see a doctor. Although they also run a call back service so a doc calls you to discuss why you need to see them and an appointment is given following that phone consultation.. The practice is roomy and kept in good condition.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 17 October 2018

Ian G gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Extremely happy with Penn Manor

Having been a patient at Penn Manor for over three years, I could not be happier with the service I have received, both over the telephone with receptionists and doctors alike and in person. I have had numerous call backs from various doctors over the time that I have been with them and all have been satisfactory, with those times that I needed an appointment, being processed the same day.

Some of the doctors are new but I have always sen one Dr, honestly, she is great and has a wicked sense of humour, I have really grown to like her very much over the years and she genuinely cares for her patients.

Overall, Penn Manor is a great surgery.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 13 August 2018

Thank you very much for leaving such positive comments for the team here at Penn Manor. We value all feedback and take on board positive, negative and constructive criticism fully. I will ensure that the whole team get to see your feedback.
Helen Ryan