Penn Manor Medical Practice

01902575142 Manor Road , Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV4 5PY

Anthony Faulkner gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Recent appointment

Recent appointment with the doctor. Very helpful, reassuring and timely. Excellent advice on next course of treatment.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 24 March 2019

tim marple gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

alcohol consumption

Had to have appointment today 4/12/18 for blood pressure check. The doc I saw told me to cut alcohol consumption down. I found that odd because I average in a year about One unit per week. sometime dont have a drink from one week to another and never have more than one. I had to explain what a shandy was as I cannot drink neat beer. I personally dont think the understanding of English was very good. therefore my blood pressure rose.

She did not seem to want to accept my alcohol consumption is virtually nil.
Other than that I have further tests to have done which I accept. But would like to pick a doctor in future.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 04 December 2018

Anonymous gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

terrible Admin!

I am finding each time I call there is an excuse why the administration resource cannot help, call back in a week, call back in the morning!

Given doctors that I have specifically asked not to see! Some of the Locums are shocking!

People answering the phone and Fobbing me off because it’s nearly 6pm and you want to go home, this is the second time it happened, the first time I called at the request of 111 and was told that no one could speak to me, this is in direct breach of the duty of care.

Today I just wanted to chase a referral and now I have to call back tomorrow when I’m at work, it’s too much trouble to send an email get the receptionist to chase! It’s not like you rush to answer the phone!

Not happy at all!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 20 November 2018

Thank you for your comments today, I am sorry that you feel that he service you are getting from the admin team here is not up to scratch. Please can you take the time to write into me with more detail of your concerns so that I can investigate further and improve the service. My email is Helen.ryan3@nhs.net and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Helen Ryan (Practice Manager)

Wayne gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Not happy

my Appointment was for 10.50 and I wasn’t seen until 12.00. The reason was that the computers had gone down. Maybe a regular hard copy back up should be made to plan for these occurrences as they seem quite regular. Clearly non of the doctors were sure who they should be seeing and it felt like a free for all.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 20 November 2018

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you at this appointment. The phones and computers were down for 3 days and we were trying our very best to manage patient consultations. We had no access at all to see who was booked in or to see medical records. We tried to manage things acutely and made plans to manage other work from local Practices. I am hoping that this will not happen again, and I appreciate your patience at this difficult.
Best regards
Helen Ryan, Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

First class GP

Both my family and I have attended Penn manor for nearly 20 years and in all that time have received very good medical care. However the addition of another Dr has taken the practice to another level, She is what everyone wants in a family GP. She is obviously technically brilliant ( as are all the GPS ) but what she has is an outstanding ability to make patients feel as if they are valued and important and that she is there for them. She is an exceptional GP and I along with all who I come into contact with ( both elderly as in my case but also people with children ) are so pleased that she is with us and value her as a trusted and loved GP

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 28 September 2018

Tim Marple gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Plenty of doctors on duty

I have always got an appointment on a day that I wish to see a doctor. Although they also run a call back service so a doc calls you to discuss why you need to see them and an appointment is given following that phone consultation.. The practice is roomy and kept in good condition.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 17 October 2018

Ian G gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Extremely happy with Penn Manor

Having been a patient at Penn Manor for over three years, I could not be happier with the service I have received, both over the telephone with receptionists and doctors alike and in person. I have had numerous call backs from various doctors over the time that I have been with them and all have been satisfactory, with those times that I needed an appointment, being processed the same day.

Some of the doctors are new but I have always sen one Dr, honestly, she is great and has a wicked sense of humour, I have really grown to like her very much over the years and she genuinely cares for her patients.

Overall, Penn Manor is a great surgery.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 13 August 2018

Thank you very much for leaving such positive comments for the team here at Penn Manor. We value all feedback and take on board positive, negative and constructive criticism fully. I will ensure that the whole team get to see your feedback.

Anonymous gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Thank you.

After experiencing some difficulty in obtaining an appointment for an ear syringe, the receptionist was most helpful and understanding of the difficult position we were in and was able to arrange an appointment for my mom within 3 days, rather than the initial month we had been told we had to wait.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding. It is much appreciated.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 13 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us some feedback. I hope that this shows that even under current pressures we are still willing to treat each patient as an individual. We strive to keep the high standards of care that we expect of ourselves and feedback like this helps us to see that we are doing so.
Thanks again
best regards

DW gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Surgery!!!

I called the Surgery this morning and although there are a few doctors on holiday at the moment the receptionist was friendly and very helpful. I had to call in to the Surgery again in the afternoon to order a repeat precription and again was treated with respect and a friendly professional attitude. The Doctors and Staff at Penn Manor are professional and even during busy times you are treated respectfully, I always feel valued as a patient. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 19 July 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 13 August 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback for the Practice and it's staff on this NHS Choices page. It is really helpful for us to learn from patients experience and we appreciate it. Thank you
Best regards

Brian O'connor gave Penn Manor Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

THIRD WORLD SERVICE

Today the 26th July 2018 I had an appointment with the diabetic nurse at 4.30pm, she will remain nameless. However the nameless nurse kept me waiting in a sweltering waiting room on the hottest day of the year until 5.00pm,without any indication of how long she would be, at that point I left the surgery to cool down.

What I find unacceptable is the nurse did NOT have a patient with her for at least fifteen minutes.

Nurses overworked, underpaid, but can talk about Love Island, whatever that is!

I decided to email the Manager, almost immediately i received an automatic reply from her email, informing me that she was out of the office until Monday 30th of June, which was last month. What has to be questioned, is the management capable of the basics?

No doubt cut backs will be blamed, but I think it's time Penn Manor gets the basics right. It didn't happen when the previous doctor was at the helm

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 26 July 2018

Penn Manor Medical Practice replied on 13 August 2018

Thank you for leaving your comments on our NHS Choices page. It is extremely important that we receive all feedback so that we may improve the service. The nurse in question was unfortunately off sick the day you attended and we did not have updated contact details for you on file. I am sorry that you were kept waiting, you should have been informed she was poorly and not in on your arrival at the surgery. My out of office did indeed say June and not July, that was human error I'm afraid however it did advise which of the staff to speak with in my absence should you need to do so. I feel that one error of date on an out of office should not bring in to question the capabilities of running a busy and dedicated Health Centre. Once again tough, I thank you for your comments, I have shared them with the team with hope that we can only improve our service and not replicate these errors in the future. In the meantime please ensure we have all current and up to date contact information for you on your records.