01132303470 Iveson Approach , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 6FR

prescription

I requested a prescription which was sent to pharmacy 2 u but returned as the tablets were out of stock.I rung the surgery and informed them of this and requested another prescription but asked them not to send it to pharmacy to you as i would collect it from the surgery.The receptionist said this would be fine.I then recieved another email from pharmacy 2 u to inform me that they had the prescription but the alternative tablets were out of stock.I rung the reception again and told the reception all of this and she said she would request another prescription and send it through to ireland wood chemist.I went to collect the prescription and the chemist told me that they have not recieved one for me.I still do not have my prescription and will have to ring again on monday.3 phone calls and 3 prescription later and i am about to run out of tablets.Thanks guys

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 03 February 2019

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 04 February 2019

Please note that any complaints/feedback in relation to the weekend service should not be left on the Ireland Wood Surgery NHS Choices Page. The weekend service is run by a different organisation, with a different management structure. To complain/send feedback about the weekend service, please contact the Ireland Wood Hub.
Thank you for making the surgery aware of this situation. I cannot look into this matter unless you contact the surgery directly as there is no surname on the feedback you have provided. Please contact the management team if you would like to make a complaint as we cannot investigate via NHS Choices.

janice gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 1 stars

update on requesting a prescription

This is a follow on from my last review.I have just spoken to the receptionist at the surgery who was very unhelpful.When i asked about my prescription she did not know what had happened to it.She had to ask a colleague where it was.I informed her that it was not at the chemist like i was told as i had called to collect it yesterday.After she had spoken to her colleague she said it was at the chemist.I asked if she could check that it was there(it is only 6 steps away from her desk).She said she was too busy.Thanks again guys

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 04 February 2019

update on prescription

Hi again,I rung the chemist who told me there was no prescription so i rung the doctors back and was told yet again it had been sent on friday.I was told by the receptionist that (sometimes they dont look properly)her exact words.I rung the chemist again and miraculously the prescription had appeared.I told the chemist what the receptionist said and i was informed that the prescription had been taken to them by a receptionist since my last phone call.I think people skills training would be a good idea for these receptionists and jobs involvement skills as they all seem to be lacking in them.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 04 February 2019

Danielle gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 1 stars

I suffer with bad kidney stones and LPHS and whenever I try to call for an appointment I can never get one told I have to wait till next week which isn’t sufficient considering I am in and out of hospital all the time and need pain killers to be able to manage daily. It’s an absolute joke the receptionists are so rude and don’t even give any support or try to come up with a soloution. When being told there are no appointments till next week not even emergency appointments is ridiculous and the fact they told me to go to the surgery to request a repeat prescription for codeine although they usually don’t provide it on repeat prescription is even worse! I have seriously mobility issues when it comes to the LPHS and I have chronic pain 99% of the time.
So disgusted with the service offered by Ireland wood, by far the worst surgery in the area. Not to mention it took them 3 years to find out I have kidney stones and LPHS which a urologist found not the surgery or through any help of the surgery.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 25 February 2019

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 26 February 2019

Thank you for leaving these comments about the practice.

Please contact me as soon as possible to discuss your experience. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please write to me at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice with excellent staff

This is an excellent practice staffed by excellent people.

The reception staff have one of the hardest jobs as they act as a bridge between a patient who is often ill and anxious and the doctors and nursing team. In my experience they are always friendly, helpful and supportive and deserve a pat on the back for their tact and forbearance.

We have never had a problem with seeing a doctor, whether it is for a pre booked appointment or via the triage service. Therefore, our immediate problems are resolved quickly and our continuity of care is dealt with by our doctor of choice.

The Practice takes notice of what its patients say and issues, like the telephone system, are addressed.

The Pharmacy is well run and stocked and the staff are all friendly and helpful.

We are very happy to be registered as patients here.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 21 January 2019

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 06 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review of our practice. It really is appreciated when patients take the time to send their feedback, and I will ensure that the practice team see this review.
Our staff, whether clinical or non-clinical work tirelessly in an incredibly challenging environment to provide the best possible care to over 25,000 patients. I am so pleased that you have had such a good experience, and I hope that you continue to have such a good relationship with the practice.

Many thanks and Kind Regards

Anonymous gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Disgraceful

Came in to the surgery today I was 20 minutes early for my appointment as I am always early or on time , The appointment was 10 minutes late & when leaving the surgery car park the barrier was down , I had to turn round & go back into the surgery & see the receptionist, I waited at the side where nobody was waiting only to be told to get into a queue of 6 people , therefore waiting another 20 minutes just for a code to get out of the car park , the receptionist was extremely rude telling me to get in the queue even though all I asked for was a code , there were other receptionists in the back talking about Christmas not noticing the queue at the front desk , absolute joke , the place has just got worse .

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 17 December 2018

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 06 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback of our surgery.

I am sorry that your appointment was late; it may be that someone seen prior to you had an urgent problem which required more than the allotted time of 10 minutes. Our GPs must assess the needs of each patient as they present, and as such cannot predict if a patient may require extra time for their appointment. Whilst we appreciate that this can be frustrating, we ask that patients recognise that should they themselves require extra time, they would not be denied this by GPs and might therefore cause a delay to others through no fault or intention of their own.

With regards to the barrier. The barrier was installed after patient complaints regarding parents from the local school using the practice car park. After several attempts to involve the school in this issue, the practice was forced to install a barrier system, which has now been in place for over a year. There are numerous signs on the back of clinical doors and in the waiting areas that clearly state when patients will need a token to exit the car park. There is also a sign outside the car park as you enter the premises and another above the electrical box by the barrier itself. We also made patients aware of this at the time by posting information on our website and social media account.

I understand that you were frustrated at having to wait at the front desk, however, our receptionists have a very challenging job and must attend to patients in turn. I apologise if you feel that the receptionist who spoke with you was rude, please contact the practice if you wish to make a formal complaint.

Anonymous gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Doctor not prescribing the immunosuppressants I need

I need immunosuppressant drugs to ensure my renal transplant keeps working. The doctor keeps denying me of the drug I need despite the hospital and specialists prescribing them. Very disappointed in their service.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 29 December 2018

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 06 February 2019

Please contact the practice about this matter. We cannot action anything left on NHS Choices with regards to clinical content. Please contact the surgery directly rather than going through this website for a clinical problem.

We understand patient frustration, but we are unable to do anything unless you contact the practice directly and speak to a clinician. If you would like to make a complaint please write to the surgery.

Alan Bramley gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Eye clinic satisfaction.

Visited the eye clinic Friday 26/10/18.
Totally satisfied with everything from checking in with the receptionist to the treatment I received from the doctor I saw and the nurses in theatre. The procedure was explained thoroughly and carried out very efficiently.
Thanks to all.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 06 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

We are extremely proud of the Eye Clinic at Ireland Wood, and I will be sure to pass this feedback onto the team.
The eye clinic administrators and clinicians work extremely hard to provide an excellent and well rounded service, and I am so pleased that this has been your experience.

Many thanks and Kind Regards

Anonymous gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 1 stars

RUDE STAFF AGAIN!

I will now be officially taking this complaint further as I am so disgusted!

I have always called and cancelled appointments or change appointments for my husband if needed and today I was told I am unable to do this due to confidentiality, I am not discussing his health problems am I.
The matter is I have called numerous times and certain staff members do what's asked.
All staff members tell you something different!
I can go into much more but I will not as this is not going to be taken higher!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 28 September 2018

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 08 October 2018

Thank you for leaving this feedback - please contact me at the practice and I can investigate further.
I notice that this review was left on a Saturday, to confirm, if you have encountered a problem over the weekend, your complaint needs to be addressed to the Ireland Wood Surgery Hub Manager, as this service is not run by practice staff and has a separate management structure.
Please write to me or call the surgery and I will immediately investigate this matter.

B Newsome gave Ireland Wood Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Can't get through on the phone

Waited for 14 and a half minutes for someone to answer the phone in order to make an appointment. Listening to a message on repeat telling me how important my call was and that someone would be with me as soon as possible. My call is clearly not that important. I gave up in the end. I called at 3pm which should be a relatively quiet time. Why is it so difficult to get through on the phone? Poor service.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Ireland Wood Surgery replied on 26 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback.

We are aware at the practice that our telephone system has been a huge cause of frustration to our patients, but unfortunately we were tied into a contract with our current telephone provider which should have expired in 2020. Fortunately, we have this year managed to buy out of the current contract and a new telephone system is due to be installed in October 2018.
The system has been designed around patients, and we have had input from the Patient Participation Group (PPG) at the practice about how we can make this new system work for our patients. We hope that this resolves the problems reported by our patients, and there is much flexibility in the new system so we will be in a position to consider patient ideas for improvement of the system going forward. Please feel free to contact us if you have any ideas.

Once again, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback, and to assure you that we have been working hard in the background to resolve this problem for our patients. Please do contact the practice once the new phone system has been installed, and let us know what you think.