Glenlyn Medical Centre

02089793253 115 Molesey Park Road , East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0JX

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Non urgent aoppintment service

Having had cholesterol blood check advised to make non urgent apt to discuss further with GP. Telephoned 10.10am Monday 9th Oct and was 20th in queue. Had to hold on for 46 mins before speaking to receptionist who was apologetic. Appointment booked for one week ahead as per the current system for non urgent matters. I feel having to hold on for 46 mins is rather time consuming and an expensive phone call.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Calling at 10am to get an appointment for the following week

I find it hard to be believe that you have to call at 10am to get an appointment for the following week. The majority of us are at work and are unable to call on the dot. 2 days on the trot told that there are no appointments available. I don’t class my symptoms as urgent and believe they should be left available for someone who is very unwell. However I know I need to see a Dr. The medical center has gone through many changes over the years and they seem to just get worse!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Incompetent

It's taken a whole week just to register! Appalling service and attitude from receptionists giving incorrect information. I have never (in all my years of moving house and registering with various doctors surgeries all around London) had to wait an entire week to register, and then have to wait another week to see a doctor. Aweful system! I'm so frustrated as this is my only option for a local doctors surgery. Bitterly disappointed.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

System doesn't work

The system of phoning at 10am to get an appointment simply doesn't work. The practice needs to get more GPs and come up with a more practical way of enabling patients to see their GP.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

P.H gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Appointment access

Appointment system now works!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on NHS Choices.

We are happy to hear you are satisfied with the appointment system.

Robert gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Spent 35 mins on hold this morning (18/9/17) to book an appointment only to be told after waiting on hold so long that there were no appointments for next Monday and to call tomorrow for next Tuesday, I am a teacher so cannot just take time off when ever.
What is the point, this surgery is failing its patients, this is not the first issue I have had with them. This will just fall on deaf ears again.
I will end up making an emergency appointment just to get to see someone which defeats the object of those appointments.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feed back on NHS choices.

We are very sorry to hear that you were unable to book an appointment today for next Monday. We have adjusted the appointment system in order to make appointments more readily available and we are sorry to hear that this has not worked for you today. We appreciate that this morning must have been very frustrating and, having waited so long, we are sorry that we were not able to offer you what you wanted. We are monitoring our appointment availability and your feed back is helpful and is not falling on deaf ears.

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Difficult again to get a routine appointment

Now that the summer holidays/honeymoon period is over the new system of pre-bookable appointments a week in advance is showing its failings. Pre-bookable appointments for when you need to see a doctor rather than an advanced nurse practitioner, disappear very quickly after 10am - you have to be very quick before they all go. In addition there are usually only two doctors working at Glenlyn each day - this is in a practice with over 16,000 patients which is shocking and also explains why all the appointments go so quickly as there are not enough doctors employed by Glenlyn. I know the excuse will be given that this is a general NHS problem but I know there are other GP practices which do not have this doctor shortage issue.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 02 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on NHS Choices.

We are very sorry that you have had difficulty obtaining a pre-bookable appointment. We do have some days when the appointments are booked more quickly than others. Demand is sometimes difficult to predict and we also do not want to have appointments going unused (as was the case back in the summer).
We do have another full time GP joining us on 17 October and this will provide us with additional appointments.

GPs are supported by an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) who has received sufficient training and assessments to be able to take on extra clinical assessments, including history-taking and physical examination, so they can safely manage patients presenting with undiagnosed conditions such as minor illness. Therefore, to ensure we utilise our appointments and skillsets efficiently, depending on the nature of your ailments, you may be offered an appointment with the ANP who will be able to:
•Prescribe any medicine for any condition within their competence (including some controlled medicines.
•Make treatment decisions, including ordering necessary investigations.
•Refer patients to secondary care, although this varies on a local basis.
These appointments are offered on the day in our urgent care clinics.

mmb2100 gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

GP Request but still unable to make appointment

I telephoned to make a routine appointment with a GP who had specifically asked me to make an appointment to see them. I telephoned at 10am - I was number 17 in the 'call queue'. I hung on and by the time I got through all the appointments had gone. I had already waited over a week to make this appointment so now I’ll have to wait again until this GP is working. I reiterate that this GP had asked me to make an appointment to see them.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Fantastic Nurse Practitioners

The recent changes to urgent care are brilliant and the nurse practitioner service fantastic. Two nurses in particular.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feed back on NHS Choices.

We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with the care you received from our Advanced Nurse Practitioners. Advanced Nurse Practitioners are playing an ever more important role in primary care and it is encouraging to receive your positive feedback.

Michael pollard gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Excellent service

Despite previous poor experience of years past, Glenlynn has improved dramatically, my issues were resolved, nice staff, an excellent Doctor I saw. Well done.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017

Glenlyn Medical Centre replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feed back on NHS Choices.

We are happy that you are satisfied with the service you have received.