Glenlyn Medical Centre

0208 979 3253 115 Molesey Park Road , East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0JX

Frustrated gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Hello is anybody there?

So I cant comment on the actual GP's at the surgery as we haven't joined (and won't be). Its always a red flag to me that when you're trying to give your business to someone and they cant be bothered to even pick up the phone etc. I wouldn't have minded so much if I knew what the delay would be but it just rang and rang and rang. When I tried another phone option it essentially lied about when I could get through as I was well within the time specified but it cut me off. Eventually I got through and was put on hold only to be cut off. Woefully bad service and frustrating as its not like we have numerous options for GP surgeries when we really need a local one. If we had a privatised system these jokers wouldn't last 5 mins. No doubt we look in the car park and see the mercs and jags. Im not knocking the docs for high pay - they earnt it but maybe just spend a little extra on improving your systems and staff etc.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 08 November 2018

Over 65 ????? No flu vaccine

I was informed by text message 5 weeks ag that they had run out of vaccine and I would be updated on situation..... have heard nothing since . Have phoned several times and have always been in a queue of 15 plus ..... having hung on the line for almost an hour on 2occasions I was cut off . I was informed by the pharmacist that the reason was the practice now had 15 thousand over 65s on their register!!!! Guess that is why nobody can get and appointment..... this is a disgraceful situation and needs addressing.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 21 October 2018

Simon Stowell gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

A perfectly good service

I recently joined the surgery having moved into the area. I found booking easy and the reception helpful. I was seen on time at both appointments I have made. Altogether a good experience. Simon Stowell

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Go somewhere else if you want to see a doctor

I concur with the many, many 1-star reviews this surgery as been given, and all due to its unfathomably stupid appointment booking system. It really is impossible to get a non-urgent appointment. I once waited in the phone queue for 50+ minutes, only to be told there were no appointments available. Once I phoned on the dot, and despite being 8th in the queue, was STILL not able to get one - how on earth could 8 people have used up all the appointments? Other times I have not been successful for days on end. The only reliable way to get an appointment is to be there at reception in person, or have someone else there, when the booking system opens. If you can't do that, forget it.
I have to say the doctors themselves are wonderful, but the appointments booking system is so utterly dreadful I'm going to have to find a different surgery (perhaps that's their cynical aim?), because the stress it causes is bad for my health.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

No appointments

Today, 5th July - again no appointments at Glenlyn. I went online at 8am sharp and every minute for eight minutes - message on website was "Sorry, your practice does not currently have any appointment slots that can be booked online.” I therefore phoned Glenlyn - I was number 24 in the call queue. I hung on and on. After ten minutes I was number 22 in the call queue. This situation cannot continue.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Can’t get appointment at either Glenlyn or Gigg’s Hill

I have several health conditions and have been trying to book a routine, but essential, appointment. No appointments show online. When I phone Glenlyn the queue is so long (24, 28) and goes down so slowly, at a rate of about one call reduction every five minutes, that I am unable to wait. One recent problem is that Glenlyn has only two options to press on the phone, 1 for repeat prescriptions and 2 for appointments, whether those appointments are for an urgent care appointment, or a routine appointment, or a home visit or to speak to someone about anything else - all calls are going through the same option. Previously there were at least five options to press. How is a patient supposed to get any care at Glenlyn ?

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Glenlyn - awful service and getting worse

I have been going to this doctor for nearly ten years. It is so, so much worse than it used to be. It's incredibly difficult to get an appointment, the office staff couldn't be more rude, and in the past two months alone I've been given incorrect information from doctors which could have had a significant impact on my family's life, and have had prescriptions go missing. Communal areas seem dirty and wait times are long, without notice or apology. Avoid this surgery.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

My son’s ambulance paramedics couldn’t get him an appt! ??

My son had an ambulance come out to him this morning with suspected heart problem. They tried to call the surgery as they wanted to discuss his care and sort out an appt. when they called at 8.05am there were 25th in the queue!
They decided it would be quicker to drive down there and speak to a doctor. They said they would come back and let us know what is going on and check on my son again!
45 minutes later they returned frustrated and angry ... they didn’t manage to get a doctors appt for today ... and only managed a telephone chat! They mentioned that they have heard how appalling the service is at GlenLyn by other patients. I do not blame the support staff I totally blame the doctors who own and run this surgery. This surgery was a gem of a surgery and the best in this area until it was taken over by the two doctors and now all they seem to be doing is advertising for more patients and not looking after their patients who have been with them from birth... they need a management team who can ensure every patient feels important and cared for. I am bitterly disappointed with the surgery. Oh and they also gave both my son and myself the wrong scripts and if it wasn’t for the lovely lady on reception who said she’d ask them for my money back as wasn’t my fault! She got me the refund!!! I feel for the reception team as they must see patients battling for appointments, correct scripts and other issues. Please, please sort this surgery out! Stop expanding and step back and care again! Show your patients they matter.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Raymond Kirby gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

emergency visit

I visited the surgery Thursday evening at 17.15 as I had an extremely stiff neck causing painful seizures.
Reception told me to take a seat. After 5 minutes a lady who had been standing and chatting to the two receptionists came over and suggested I go to Teddingtom walk in centre..
The impression I got was that there was no doctor in the clinic or reception had not bothered to contact one. Or perhaps they did and no doctor cared.
I could not drive in my condition so I took a mini cab to Teddington hospital.
I did see someone presumably a doctor who made no examination and asked why I had not taken anything for the pain!
She left the room and after 5 minutes came back with a nurse who gave me a 5 page description of Torticollis which she said I had. She then told me to go to a nearby pharmacy t get some paracetamol. So, no interest in Glenlyn and very little in Teddington.
After 2 days. My problem is worse. Paracetamol is useless.
Many years ago I had similar problem and it took Codamol and diazepam to sort it out, both requiring a doctor’s prescription. Which is why I went to Glenlyn in the first place.
The clinic is closed on Saturday, no point going back to walk in centre, so must try again Monday to see whether I have any success to get reception to allow me to see a doctor.
Meanwhile must try another pharmacy for strong painkillers which do not solve the problem, only makes it hopefully more bearable.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

If you value your health - don't register here!

Booking system is awful. You need to ring every day at 10am and pray that there is an appointment available 1 week in advance - if you're unable to ring at 10am, well, it's tough luck. If you do ring at 10am though, good luck getting through! I've often spent 20 minutes on hold just to be told there are no appointments.

The receptionists and back staff as a whole are generally quite rude and unhelpful. There are 2 ladies who are genuinely very nice and very helpful.

The nurse's are rude if they deem your 'emergency appointment' not urgent enough. But I'm sorry, when I've been trying to get an appointment for a week, I'm just going to make an emergency one since the surgery won't give me one another way.

I've often had to chase up referrals because the doctors forget to send it or they have a big delay. You'll NEVER see the same Doctor - their turn over of staff is ridiculous.

Long story short - AVOID AVOID AVOID!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 24 July 2018