Glenlyn Medical Centre

02089793253 115 Molesey Park Road , East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 0JX

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Go somewhere else if you want to see a doctor

I concur with the many, many 1-star reviews this surgery as been given, and all due to its unfathomably stupid appointment booking system. It really is impossible to get a non-urgent appointment. I once waited in the phone queue for 50+ minutes, only to be told there were no appointments available. Once I phoned on the dot, and despite being 8th in the queue, was STILL not able to get one - how on earth could 8 people have used up all the appointments? Other times I have not been successful for days on end. The only reliable way to get an appointment is to be there at reception in person, or have someone else there, when the booking system opens. If you can't do that, forget it.
I have to say the doctors themselves are wonderful, but the appointments booking system is so utterly dreadful I'm going to have to find a different surgery (perhaps that's their cynical aim?), because the stress it causes is bad for my health.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

No appointments

Today, 5th July - again no appointments at Glenlyn. I went online at 8am sharp and every minute for eight minutes - message on website was "Sorry, your practice does not currently have any appointment slots that can be booked online.” I therefore phoned Glenlyn - I was number 24 in the call queue. I hung on and on. After ten minutes I was number 22 in the call queue. This situation cannot continue.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Can’t get appointment at either Glenlyn or Gigg’s Hill

I have several health conditions and have been trying to book a routine, but essential, appointment. No appointments show online. When I phone Glenlyn the queue is so long (24, 28) and goes down so slowly, at a rate of about one call reduction every five minutes, that I am unable to wait. One recent problem is that Glenlyn has only two options to press on the phone, 1 for repeat prescriptions and 2 for appointments, whether those appointments are for an urgent care appointment, or a routine appointment, or a home visit or to speak to someone about anything else - all calls are going through the same option. Previously there were at least five options to press. How is a patient supposed to get any care at Glenlyn ?

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Glenlyn - awful service and getting worse

I have been going to this doctor for nearly ten years. It is so, so much worse than it used to be. It's incredibly difficult to get an appointment, the office staff couldn't be more rude, and in the past two months alone I've been given incorrect information from doctors which could have had a significant impact on my family's life, and have had prescriptions go missing. Communal areas seem dirty and wait times are long, without notice or apology. Avoid this surgery.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

My son’s ambulance paramedics couldn’t get him an appt! ??

My son had an ambulance come out to him this morning with suspected heart problem. They tried to call the surgery as they wanted to discuss his care and sort out an appt. when they called at 8.05am there were 25th in the queue!
They decided it would be quicker to drive down there and speak to a doctor. They said they would come back and let us know what is going on and check on my son again!
45 minutes later they returned frustrated and angry ... they didn’t manage to get a doctors appt for today ... and only managed a telephone chat! They mentioned that they have heard how appalling the service is at GlenLyn by other patients. I do not blame the support staff I totally blame the doctors who own and run this surgery. This surgery was a gem of a surgery and the best in this area until it was taken over by the two doctors and now all they seem to be doing is advertising for more patients and not looking after their patients who have been with them from birth... they need a management team who can ensure every patient feels important and cared for. I am bitterly disappointed with the surgery. Oh and they also gave both my son and myself the wrong scripts and if it wasn’t for the lovely lady on reception who said she’d ask them for my money back as wasn’t my fault! She got me the refund!!! I feel for the reception team as they must see patients battling for appointments, correct scripts and other issues. Please, please sort this surgery out! Stop expanding and step back and care again! Show your patients they matter.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Raymond Kirby gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

emergency visit

I visited the surgery Thursday evening at 17.15 as I had an extremely stiff neck causing painful seizures.
Reception told me to take a seat. After 5 minutes a lady who had been standing and chatting to the two receptionists came over and suggested I go to Teddingtom walk in centre..
The impression I got was that there was no doctor in the clinic or reception had not bothered to contact one. Or perhaps they did and no doctor cared.
I could not drive in my condition so I took a mini cab to Teddington hospital.
I did see someone presumably a doctor who made no examination and asked why I had not taken anything for the pain!
She left the room and after 5 minutes came back with a nurse who gave me a 5 page description of Torticollis which she said I had. She then told me to go to a nearby pharmacy t get some paracetamol. So, no interest in Glenlyn and very little in Teddington.
After 2 days. My problem is worse. Paracetamol is useless.
Many years ago I had similar problem and it took Codamol and diazepam to sort it out, both requiring a doctor’s prescription. Which is why I went to Glenlyn in the first place.
The clinic is closed on Saturday, no point going back to walk in centre, so must try again Monday to see whether I have any success to get reception to allow me to see a doctor.
Meanwhile must try another pharmacy for strong painkillers which do not solve the problem, only makes it hopefully more bearable.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Appalling service

About 1month ago I saw a nurse for a repeat prescription. I requested to have a particular type of blood test due to my mother's history. The nurse advised she would send a request to Glenlyn to book a blood test.
About 3 weeks later, I called Glenlyn as I still hadn't heard back from the practice. The receptionist I spoke to in the morning apologised. She said that the nurse had put a request but no blood test was booked as it needed to be checked by a doctor. I explained that I would not wait for a doctor's appointment as I've been waiting for months already to book one for my husband (despite calling at 10am on the dot I am usually 15 in the queue and by the time someone answers all appointments have gone). She says she will ask the admin doctor today and ask me to call back at 1pm. I call back around that time and speak to another receptionist who says that there is no need to ask the doctor as the nurse's notes on my file are sufficient. She books me an appointment for my blood test for the following week.
Now today is the day before my blood test. I was left a voicemail on my phone this morning asking to call back because I need to see a doctor before my blood test!!!
I call back and after waiting 15min on the phone I'm being told I have to he seen by a doctor before having this blood test. I explained how appalling this is as getting a doctor's appointment will postpone my blood test for weeks. I am being offered some appointments for Wednesday but they are during work. I explain this and I'm being told it is my fault if I'm not available! In the end I have been given a phone call appointment with a doctor which mean I have to wait all day for my phone to ring but at least I can finally explain my symptoms to a doctor. I really hope that this is going to work as it is extremely stressful and upsetting.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Anonymous gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unable to get an appointment to see a Doctor

They tell you to ring at 8 am for appointments released a week in advance.. today there are no appointments released. So their message system says ring back at 1 but the receptionist tells you to ring at 12 or 2.. It took 10 minutes to get through to them this morning.. by 12 I will be into a busy day at work so how hard will it be to get through and get an appointment then?
This is no service at all, I can't believe how poor they are. I have been coming to this surgery for 28 years.. I really ought to change instead of giving them yet another chance to improve.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

Anne gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Imposible to get an appointment

Impossible again to get an appointment at Glenlyn. I have been looking online for the past week and there have been no appointments available to book online. When I phone the surgery I am 16th, 12th and so on in the queue so that by the time I get through there are no appointments left.

On Wednesday (27th June) I got through to a clerk on the phone and complained about the lack of online appointments. The clerk assured me that at 8am the following morning there would be appointments there. At 8am I checked: no appointments, I checked again at 8.01, 8.02, 8.03, 8.04, 8.05, 8.06 and so on but there were no appointments. I then checked again at various times throughout the day as the appointments are meant to be released hourly. No appointments appeared at all.

The following day, which is today (Friday 29th June) I checked again online at 8am and soon after - no appointments.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

Rita jones gave Glenlyn Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Your desk staff

When trying to book an appointment in person I was asked ‘urgent?’ When I said no but painful I was told I could not see a doctor for ten days. I suggested perhaps they had an appointment a little soon. I was told, quite aggressively, that if I wanted an appointment earlier i should go to a private practice not NHS. No customer service here.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018