Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC

01202587111 Holdenhurst Site, 199 Holdenhurst Road , Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 8DE

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 1 stars

Very disappointed

I had great pain in my foot and had to go to the night shift,
where I am always in motion and have to run around.
After I was in the treatment room, the doctor just pressed once on my foot,
complaining about their own feet.
Said in two three weeks, the pain will be gone
I should take painkiller, good bye.
that's it
I am still in pain

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC has not yet replied.

Prescription patient gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 1 stars

Very disappointed

It's such a shame that I have to write this! I've been registered with the surgery for around 20 years and could never fault the service I've got in the past...until today when I tried to do my repeat prescription online (as I usually do). I couldn't order as usual and then realised it said it needed to be reviewed by a GP or nurse, no problem, it's obviously slipped through the net somehow! I thought the easiest way would be to call, so went through the bizarre menu options until I got to prescriptions, pressed 5 and waited...and waited...and waited...the first time for 20 minutes, decided to hang up and try again and waited and waited and waited, this time after waiting another 25 minutes gave up. There's no option to call 'reception' and I can't understand why the 'prescription line' is only open for an hour between 11am and noon! There was no recorded message to say sorry staff are busy and will be with you shortly, you're just left hanging. To say I'm extremely disappointed with this 'new' service is a bit of an understatement!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC has not yet replied.

Bonnie Hicks gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I have recently had several visits to the surgery to see one of the Nurse Practitioners. I can honestly say that it is a pleasure to been seen by this member of staff. They are so friendly, helpful and obviously a very experienced member of staff. The surgery are very lucky to have them. The reception staff are always very willing to help, even under ever increasing pressure and I have not found it hard to get an appt when I've needed one. The only gripe I have is the lack of parking.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC replied on 04 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback which is very much appreciated by all the Doctors and staff who strive to do the very best for all our patients.

Anonymous reviewed Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC

Why is online prescription renewal so difficult?

I normally renew my prescriptions online to the surgery BUT sometimes it is very difficult to find and do online as you get to the surgeries overview. There is a section saying "Electronic Prescription renewal" but it only says what service it is. Sometimes there is a section that you click on and that normally takes you to the ordering. Like I say it is there sometimes, and again it is missing. Like today I cannot find it to order my prescriptions.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC replied on 21 August 2017

so sorry you have had difficulty - we will look into this for you and do our best to fix this problem asap. Thank you for letting us know. In the meantime please pop a slip through the door with your requirements or come to the surgery and complete a repeat request form. Apologies once more

Anonymous gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 2 stars

Repeat prescription requests not being honoured

I have used this surgery for many years and have been very happy with everything, including repeat prescription services, until August 2017. My request was not acted upon and no message as to why. I attempted to call but to no avail and finished up having to go directly to the surgery to find out what was going on. As a result of my visit, the request was acted upon. However, although I receive medications for two months at a time and because I almost ran out of medications ( in part because the pills are supplied in multiples of 28; this means that there are potentially thirteen requests in a year), I needed to re-order in September to ensure that I had sufficient to see me through for two complete months, (I run a spread spreadsheet to calculate this). Imagine my surprise when I went to the chemist to collect my partner's request (from another surgery) and discovered that my request was again not fulfilled. I attempted to contact the surgery by phone and as of 16.30 was not able to speak to anyone, as the phone system appeared to have gone into a loop, and nobody would answer. The secondary issue for me is that I have to collect a large prescription for my partner on a monthly basis and I do not wish to spend all my time chasing prescriptions and visiting the chemist

My experiences over the last two monthsdo not put the surgery in a very good light especially as there has been no communication with me about the requests and my attempts to communicate with it have been nex to impossible.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC has not yet replied.

Elaine Cudsi gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 1 stars

Mobility Problems

I suffer with severe arthritis in my knees and hips and find walking even a few paces extremely painful. After several years of this I decided that as I had not seen my orthopedic surgeon for at least two years, and having noticed a marked deterioration in my condition I would ask for a referral from the surgery. Despite having had previous home visits, this time I was told it was not an option, and that they wanted to see at their 'Joint Clinic', so I struggled onto my mobility scooter and went to the surgery. Because I had to walk from my scooter into the surgery, I was already in extreme pain, I then had to sit for 45 minutes until I was called. Apparently they have to tell you if the waiting time will be longer than 30 minutes but no-one bothered to tell me anything. After being sat for 45 minutes I was extremely stiff and in great pain when I was called and the doctor that led me into the consulting room had to wait several times for me to catch up. The doctor looked bored and unsympathetic. I said that I would like a referral to see my orthopedic surgeon for an update on my condition as they had told me on my previous visit that if my condition got worse then they wished to see me again. There was two doctors in the room and both told me that I would need to see a physiotherapist and a nutritionist before they would refer my anywhere. I was very upset by this especially as I was obviously in extreme pain by this time and had already told them that my quality of life was now very poor. The said if I really wanted an x-ray then I could make an appointment and 'pop' along to the hospital for one. I explained the 'popping' along to the hospital meant my husband taking half a day off work but they were just so unsympathetic that I gave up and left in tears. Now I have to make another appointment to try and find a doctor who will be understanding enough to do what I asked for in the first place and it may mean another painful trip to the surgery. I will be transferring my registration to another medical centre as soon as possible, in the hope that there is a doctor somewhere that will listen.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC has not yet replied.

Michael Kensington gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service- courteous staff

Despite "difficult patients" your reception staff are very patient (sorry for that !") try to be helpful at all times. Absolute respect for their attitude - do not rise to aggravation, - sometimes personal. They are the first line of contact, if the "first impression" applies,
I do not understand the negative comments sent in by "people". Sometimes verbal abuse is met by controlled understanding (often undeserved)

In all, 5 stars for all known services from nurses to doctors and everyone in between.
My wife and I are pleased to belong to this surgery, and the help and advice and service which is provided.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC replied on 04 August 2017

Anonymous reviewed Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC

Depends on which doctor you get

Getting an appointment at the surgery can be relatively easy, however, getting an appointment with your preferred doctor is almost impossible. Some of the doctors are rude and uninterested and do not take symptoms seriously enough i.e. refer to specialist or order x-rays, however, one doctor in particular who isn't part of the regular team, is absolutely excellent and exactly what I'd expect from a doctor - takes a genuine interest, prescribes appropriate medication, referals for x-rays etc. This should be the norm not just pot luck though, so all things considered I would not rate this surgery very highly.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Disappointing! Avoid it

This place has disappointed me most of the times. Some doctors are good but some are horrible. Went for my back pain few months ago and the doctor didn't even check me properly. I m 26 and the doctor said back pain happen with age! I am 26 not 62! Went in emergency today for stiff neck and same doctor said they can't do anything about it. It takes couple of weeks to recover and they try to educate people they shouldn't go to emergency for such things. Really? Such response is like an insult and is unacceptable. I am in horrible pain and I have all the rights to go and take treatment. (Prescribed me with a gel as a treatment and told me to take ibeprophin) I was advised to go to emergency by 111. I am not going there for fun! The appointments take forever and it's waste of time. Receptionists are grumpy and they think they are doing you favour by booking you in.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC has not yet replied.

Bonnie Gray gave Holdenhurst Site of Shelley Manor & Holdenhurst MC a rating of 1 stars

Very annoyed!

I have been trying to arrange an appointment for the last few weeks, I have explained it is a urgent matter and I keep being put off and asked to call next week. I have had them cancel on me without reasoning and made no attempt to better the situation or offer a alternative. I have now been forced to find some kind of treatment elsewhere

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 11 January 2017