Bellbrooke Surgery

01138879565 Bellbrooke Avenue, Harehills , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 6AU

Anonymous gave Bellbrooke Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent standard of care

Firstly, I'm not a patient of this surgery but my partner is,as someone that deals with his medical appointments, I'm the one that will call the surgery.
Yes, sometimes the lines are busy and you have to wait, no different to any other service you may use, but the calls are answered and always professionally and politely, the reception staff always have dealt with me without rushing and allowing me time to complete my query.
We are always offered the next available appointment or given the choice to call the next morning if that's more appropriate to our needs.
My partners medical care has been second to none, sympathetic, thorough and correct advice/treatment every single time.
The NHS is not the same as we remember from many years ago, the population and demographic changes are huge in comparrison and I think this surgery has a lot to be proud of, every single one of the staff I have personally encountered have been an asset.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Anonymous gave Bellbrooke Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Bronhitus

I have to my one year old daughter to this doctors 4 time for a cough that would not go away. The doctor gave me different things to 'try' when i feel that she should have investigated more but all she did was agree with what ever treatment i suggested. After she had the cough for over 7 weeks i was due to go on holiday before that i visited the doctor one last time as the cough was still not going away. While i was on holiday my daughter got a really high temp over 39° and the cough was still there so while i was on holiday i decided to take her to the emergency room as the temperature would not drop. They comfirmed she has bronhitus that has been there for quet some time and also an infection that has been there for a while too. If i didnt take my daughter to the emergency room when i did it could have ended alot worse just because the doctor did not do their job properly. I feel like the doctors at the surgery should investigate alot more and not just try different things and give inhalers or antibiotics without knowing what they are giving it for.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

Gina Long gave Bellbrooke Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellant surgery with great Drs

Have been with this surgery nearly 6 years. The drs and nurses that work here are great. Very friendly, thorough and do anything they can to help. The reception staff do a great job especially with the amount of patients that are at the surgery.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!!

I’m absolutely fuming! I rang exactly at 8am to hear a message saying the surgery is closed. I then rang a further 56 times!!! Yes 56 times- before I eventually got through where I then waited a further 5 minutes before speaking with a receptionist. I was asked if my appointment was urgent as only medical emergencies were being accepted. I advised not that urgent so agreed to book another day explaining the only day I get off work is a Friday but could book an evening appointment through the week. Well guess what...there are none available only appointments throughout the day which means losing time/money off work.....absolute joke!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 11 May 2018

Anonymous gave Bellbrooke Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Terrible staff and waiting time on the phone.

My 16 year old daughter had went in for an emergency appointment as she was getting serious pains that need urgent attention and they told her it wasn’t an emergency because she had her uniform on. The staff are terrible and very rude. I don’t recommend this gp at all.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

mfenton14 gave Bellbrooke Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Perhaps the worst doctor sugery in Leeds

I was with this surgery since birth, but I was forced to leave due to their absolutely deplorable standards.

1. The manager of the surgery is a horribly rude man - I went in with a complaint with my mother, who has been with the surgery over 25 years, and he became irate and even had the cheek to grin and make sly comments about my mother's pronunciation of words.
2. The receptionists are a joke. Whenever I am in the surgery, all I see are 5 or 6 receptionists stood chatting. I don't understand why the surgery hires the most rude and obnoxious staff to answer the phones - that is, if they answer! Whenever I ring for an appointment, I am waiting at least 15 minutes to get through. The receptionists are unbelievably rude and can't get you off the phone fast enough.
3. Misinformation - a recurring phrase is "the only appointments are book on the day". However, on the days I have waited until 8am to book an appointment that day in the surgery, I am told there are no appointments left? On one occasion, I rang at 8am that morning to be told that there were no appointments, only urgencies. I actually went into the surgery at 10:30am to be asked what time that day would I like! As someone who works in the NHS myself I find this disgusting, as what happens to individuals who cannot leave their house freely to make an appointment and are forced to call?
4. Doctor turnover is a huge issue and every time I have gone, there are new unfamiliar doctors and they're often rude and unhelpful. I went once with debilitating tonsillitis, I was vomiting in the waiting area and my partner had to help me walk because I was so weak, only to be told "there was a study years ago that proved it only takes a couple days more for the infection to go by itself than it would with antibiotics". There was no option for me to agree or disagree, I was just told no antibiotics, despite me telling the doctor I have a job to attend and a history of medicated tonsillitis. It seems they just say whatever to get you out of their hair.
5. Running times are shocking. To say they are so quick to get patients out of the door, every single appointment I have been to has been at least 10/15 minutes behind. I was once waiting forty minutes for my appointment, which was at 9:30, and I spoke to a patient seeing the same doctor as me and she said her appointment was at 9:45, yet she was called before me!

Avoid this surgery at all costs. I am now with a fantastic practice and I never struggle to get an appointment and I no longer have anxiety about ringing or coming into the surgery. It seems the practice manager's bad attitude has rubbed off onto everyone else that works there because the surgery is a completely unprofessional shambles.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 11 May 2018

Chris E gave Bellbrooke Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Lovely surgery

I am a regular user of this surgery and they have always treated me exceptionally. The waiting time on the phone is the only issue I have but when I do get through the staff always help me as much as possible. The doctors I have seen are also very caring and I love having a doctors I feel confident will listen to me especially one. This surgery has large volumes of patients and also a lot have trouble communicating in English, I have watched a receptionist take the time and care to help these people where I don't know if I could have been as patient. Fantastic doctors as no organisation is perfect but they are doing a great job under difficult circumstances.

Thank you.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 08 January 2018

Terrible surgery

Some of the doctors are good (Not many). The reception staff are the worst iv ever encountered...

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 January 2018

lack of care

me my self are on the same medication and because they neglected my partner of his medication he had to take mine, and when i rang for my medication they neglected myself of it! i had 2 doctors call me which was both was very unhelpful the first one said they would give me my medicaion and then didnt and prosponed it for a week, then the second phone call from a different doctor was so arrogant basically told me to suffer for a week, and ended the phone call on me i was so upset , i left a really good doctors to go to this practice and to get through on the phone on a morning is absoloutelt rediciulous i think the only decent thing in this practice is the receptionist there the only friendly people.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 December 2017

Poor Service

The telephone service is so poor it's absolutely ridiculous. The receptionist don't answer the phone line and the calls get cut. It's disgraceful!! Something needs to be done!!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 20 November 2017