Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre

01513008200 45 Everton Road, Everton , Liverpool, Merseyside, L6 2EH

David gave Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unfortunate

Getting through on the phone always been terrible here, that's not changed. I've always been seen on time. Facilities clean.

Previously had good experiences with the doctors but all the regular doctors bar one have left. Locums not reading previous medical histories, unable to provide some services (such as Fit Notes) then regular doctor not completing. Not getting called when told I would. Disappointed something simple which would be done immediately with a permanent doctor has taken over a week and still not sorted.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 25 November 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 27 November 2017

I am really sorry your patient experience has not been a positive one, thank you for your comments. The Nurse Practitioners are unable to provide sick notes but we always ask the locum doctor to complete a sick note and always hope it is ready on time for you, I am sorry this has not happened. I will speak to the staff and doctors to try to prevent this from happening again. I am also sorry you were not called back when you were told you would be this is a vary rare event but we will look into this also. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help you. Once again thank you for your comments

Anonymous reviewed Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre

Impossible to get an appointment

I called for a few times for the past couple of days and i have been told to either call at 8 am or 2 pm to get an appointment. I called at 1:50 pm and the robot answered. At 1:58 pm when finally the receptionist picked up I'we been told to call back after two minutes wick I did but the phone was busy and I couldn't get in touch with nobody anymore. It's disgusting

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 12 December 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

Poor bedside manners

Doctor addressed me like I was stupid (I have a PhD in the medical field) and did not listen to me when describing my symptoms. The Doctor continually cut me off when I was speaking and showed no evidence of actually caring for me as a patient. I would expect a medical professional to have better bedside manner instead of rushing me out the door 10 minutes later with no physical exam. I will be changing gps and will be telling everyone to avoid this practice. I intend on filling a formal complaint based on my experience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 16 October 2017

We are really sorry to hear your patient experience has not been satisfactory. We like to think we treat all our patients with dignity care and respect and offer support in whatever way we can. Please do not hesitate to contact the surgery if you would like to discuss this in depth. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience.

jessica gave Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

rude receptionist

trying to get an appointment in advance as i work full time i don't have the time to be ringing up daily.... i was on hold for 20+ minutes!
the rude receptionist again put me on hold to check for an appointment for 5 minutes came back on the line and asked if i still wanted an appointment, when i replied yes nothing has changed in the time of them looking for one, they just told me to ring up on the day that i want and they will check then, i questioned this as like i said i don't have the time to keep ringing in the hope that i get through and they just replied saying they wont look and put the phone down.
this particular receptionist is as rude in person from past experiences and phone calls. disgusting service!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 01 November 2017

I am really sorry your patient journey has been a difficult one. Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your difficulty. We always take patients comments very seriously. All our reception staff go on regular customer care training and I will bring the points you raise to our staff meeting. Rudness should never be tolerated. We do have some appointments available for patients to book in advance - but we also embargo some appointments for patients with urgent problems to be seen on the day. if your problem is urgent we have a telephone triage system where the doctor can ring you back and offer you some advice.

Please do not hesitate to contact us further if you would like to discuss this in person.

Certain receptionist and Doctors are so rude!

The receptionist I dealt with a few times is very rude and body language is not at all approachable looks miserable and makes you feel worse when speaking to them. Actually feel on edge asking the receptionist a question. They might of left haven’t seen them for a while ... thankfully.

And literally every doctor has left ? I can never get any consistency to discuss my health, and I’m having to repeatedly discuss my health issues over and over again with different Doctors who are there for 2 weeks maybe and then they go and you’re left with terrible care.

When you do get a doctor who actually is still there.. again very rude and won’t let you get a word in!

I have got to the point where I feel going to that doctors about my mental health is pointless.

Doctors leaving... rude staff... no constancy, no care plan and no clue.

Needs a big change...

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 November 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 24 November 2017

I am really sorry your patient journey has not been a positive one. All our team are encouraged to be polite and helpful to all patients they come into contact with and to make them feel at ease. All reception staff have attended customer care courses - there is never any excuse for rudness, I can only apologise - this matter will be discussed at our team briefing. It is only when patients let us know they are not happy that we can try to put things right.

Unfortunately doctors move on, we do have a regular doctor on a Monday and Tuesday which may be more beneficial for you to see that particular doctor if you would like some continuity of care.

If we can be of any further help to you please do not hesitate to come in to discuss matters further.

Thank you once again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Thomas gave Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

What do the receptionists actually do here???

I have been phoning this surgery since last thursday and im getting nothing but a line busy tone!! Not even given the chance to be put in the que because you cant get through!!!...absolutely disgusting as ive now gone 4 days without my heart medication...

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre has not yet replied.

Appalling attitudes from reception to the doctors

When you arrive you are not greeted by helpful staff happy in their roles you are confronted with presenteisn - that is people there who don't seem to want to be there! You then have to book yourself in and guess which set of seats to go to unless you want to embarrass yourself by making a polite cough noise to attract attention from whoever is hiding in the back to confirm your query. If that's not enough I was confronted with a not polite member of staff clearly unexpectedly as she had smoke bellowing out of her nostrils and mouth when answering me. Disgusting. If that's not bad enough by the time you get to see the doctor you then have to deal with an overworked attitude that has little time to want to care never mind finding the right words to communicate a caring service for members of the public. Indeed I've been met with bias, predjudice and been misdiagnosed a number of times all for failing to listen to me. You see I have ptsd and generalised anxiety and everything that presents itself to me is being incorrectly assigned to stress. I went private after attempting suicide for not being listened to or believed and it was discovered I have serious issues with my spine and ultimately need surgery which has serious risks. The doctors attitudes are all knowing, assuming, condescending, passive aggressive and overpowering. I dread going even though I'm very ill at the minute. Hope your experience is nicer than mine 💫

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you for your comment. I am really very sorry your patient journey has not been a satisfactory experience. We ask patients to book themselves in as it stops them having to wait at the reception desk which sometimes can be quite a while if there are a lot of people waiting at the desk. It is hoped it will stop the patient having to wait awhile. The staff should always help you if you are not too sure who you are booked in with. I am disappointed about your comments concerning staff attitudes. The staff regularly have customer care training and are always taught to be polite and helpful to our patients.

The comments you make concerning the staff and doctors will be discussed at our next team meeting - you are more than welcome to come in to discuss your points if you feel it would help you further.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention.

Awful

Staff do not answer the phone. I had to physically go down there just to speak to someone after trying for weeks to get through on the phones.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 10 July 2017

I am so sorry your experience has not been a positive one - we have not long changed our telephone system so no patient should be put on hold for any length of time unless the team are dealing with a query for a specific patient. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, this will be discussed at our team meeting and at team appraisals - we are always grateful to patients who take the time to tell us when things have gone wrong so we can hopefully try to put matters right.

Anonymous gave Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre a rating of 3 stars

Repeat Prescription

When ever I need a repeat prescription I need to either send a letter in the post to request a prescription, which is very antiquated, whats wrong with emails?

Alternatively I have to go in person to the medical centre to request a prescription which means making a second visit when the prescription is prepared in a day or two. There have been times in the past and rang up to ask if my prescription is ready to be told yes, but when I arrived to collect my prescription it was not there because I need to do a review of medication with the doctor before I receive a repeat prescription.

The only alternative is to make an appointment to see the doctor for a repeat prescription which is taking up necessary time with the doctor.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 28 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your problem. If you require a repeat prescription perhaps it may help you to fax your request through - our fax no is 0151 300 8201 alternatively if you go into a pharmacy of your choice you could ask them if they could order your repeat prescription for you when it is due each month and to collect it for you to save you coming into the surgery. It is always safer for us not to take prescriptions over the telephone as we need to have an accurate record of patients medication. The doctors when they sign patient's prescriptions decide if a medication review is necessary this is a procedure carried out from time to time in the practice for patient safety. I really am sorry your patient journey has not been satisfactory but I hope this information will help you in the future

Absolute joke

Wish I could attach an image of how many times I called, 75 between 8am and 8.10am. 75 times! Either "user busy" or phone call just ended, they should at least just have a waiting list were you can wait to be put through. When you finally do get through obviously there are no appointments and you have to call back at 2, when you attempt to do this you cannot get through again, then if you do no appointments and the worst thing is, the people on the phones seem to make you feel like it's your fault! Extremely rude and need a course in customer service considering there clients are often vulnerable patients. Would not reccomebd this practice to anyone!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 April 2017

Everton Road Surgery And Merseyview Walk In Centre replied on 03 July 2017

I am really sorry your experience has not been a positive one - our telephone system has not long been changed hoping that patients are not put on hold for any length of time unless the team are dealing with a query for a specific patient. Our receptionists do undergo customer care training from time to time but these comments will be discussed at our team meeting and at appraisals, we are grateful you have brought them to our attention. If appointments are not available we do have a telephone triage that is monitored daily by GPs so if an appointment is not available our patients can in the first instance speak to a GP.