The Pulteney Practice

01225464187 35 Great Pulteney Street , Bath, Somerset, BA2 4BY

Anonymous gave The Pulteney Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appalling - "Just call the police and don't waste my time"

This surgery has adopted a new system with regards to making an appointment. This saves money and GP's time and on paper theoretically is generally a good thing.

This system has however the potential to be inhuman and unpleasant. You are not able to book to see a GP. You discuss your complaint (no matter how private your concern). The GP will then decide to see you or not.

If you are the doctor the answer is probably not. My wife was feeling chronically tired and low with feelings of depression feeling she could not cope with our energetic children

"Just call the police and don't waste my time" the doctor could be heard berating their receptionist in the background.

Imagine hearing this as a patient desperate to be seen by a doctor

When my wife finally demanded a blood test it was revealed that she had very low iron this contributing to her energy and mood.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 August 2017

The Pulteney Practice replied on 22 August 2017

I am very sorry you feel this way regarding our access. You can absolutely book to see a GP. We would never refuse an appointment. All that we ask is that you have a telephone consultation with a GP in the first instance. This works very well for most patients, although we are mindful that some people are not comfortable with speaking over the phone. This too if perfectly alright.

Regarding your comments on doctor/reception comments, I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss this matter further so I can investigate this further.

Mr Chris Clapp
Practice Manager

Charley Dunlap gave The Pulteney Practice a rating of 5 stars

Pulteney Practice has served me well

Over the last twenty years I have been very pleased with the Pulteney Practice. The doctors and nurses have been knowledgeable and open, have always listened, and indeed have saved my life. The only difficulty is the time in advance one must book an appointment. The problem is, of course, that one can't plan illness; it just happens. Then you would like to see a doctor while you still have the illness. This is why I have come to depend on the Nurse Practitioner, with whom it is much quicker to get an appointment. The Nurse Practitioner seems quite capable of doing anything a GP can do, they listen, and is very pleasant and non-judgemental. It does seems like there should be more Nurse Practitioners , then others might not have to wait days and days to get an appointment when they are ill. Otherwise, the surgery is excellent; computerisation and going online has helped enormously.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 23 January 2017

The Pulteney Practice has not yet replied.