SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE

01923224424 37A St Johns Road , Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1LS

Olivia Scott gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

Extremely unhelpful receptionist and insble to get appt

Extremely unhelpful receptionist, very silly appointments protocol and seem like they don’t care at all. Just came back from uni and called to get an appointment and just because of a change of address (within Watford) They told me had to reregister all over again (although every other detail is the same and all my family are registered there and I’ve been registered there since I was a child) and that there was no way they could give me an appointment (didn’t tell me how to reregister by the way) and then I was told to see a nurse at the beginning of July or go to Hemel urgent care. Really disappointed and will be moving to a different GP surgery.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 2 stars

No appointments throughout the day

Poor management.
So I tried to book appointments to this surgery through their online portal and it always shows no appointments are available. calling them was not helpful as well as they said that they release appointments on a daily basis and if you want an appointment after a week or after a few days then you need to call on the same day when you need appointment to get one.
Calling on the same day needs to be done very early in the morning otherwise all the slots are booked up. This sound quite ridiculous and the people who take the call have no compassion to patients.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

At a loss

Our experience with Suthergrey very much reflects the other (numerous) negative comments posted on this site. This surgery is hopelessly under resourced and over subscribed. It is virtually impossible to get an appointment and this is a cause of great concern and frustration for us as a family. Between us, my wife and I have spent many hours holding on the phone to try and book an appointment only to eventually get through and be told that there are none to be had. The new online booking system is a completely joke. Appointments are IN THEORY released at 8am every day for online/telephone or face to face booking. I have been poised in front of my computer at 07.55 many times and on the dot of 08.00, guess what, no appointments available to book. Telephoning at 8am is pointless and I think you pretty much need to camp out over night to be anywhere in the queue to book in person.
We are at a loss to know what to do next. We don't want to go to A&E and add to the pressure there (and wait 5 hours to be seen) but I wonder what choice we have when one of us is ill?

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Shocking Surgery.

It is impossible to get an appointment at this surgery. I rang over 81 times this morning and when I finally got through I was told there were no appointments for over 2 weeks. It is disgusting that you can never get an appointment or just book to see the nurse. The telephone staff are patronising and rude!!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 20 March 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

GP's are wonderful - when you can get in to see them!

Would prefer if everything noted below would be acknowledged.

I have similar if not all of the same complaints. The staff is unbelievably rude. They desperately NEED to be talked to.

I’ve been hung up on – then when FINALLY getting back through have a voice raised at me, treated me like I’m stupid. In all my years, I have never come across attitude. Obviously I’m not alone in this.

I think its time to look into a change in staff, or perhaps the management who seems to be doing nothing to rectify this! I will be looking into a way to complain further.

I’m currently trying to work out how to change surgeries. A complete pain but perhaps you’d have some relief once all of us who complain relocate.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Poor access to services

I am mindful about resources and therefore only ever seek a walk-in or regular appointment when absolutely needed. Sadly, the walk-in service at this practise no longer exists so I was turned away at 8:30am this morning and informed that I need to dial in at 8am for 1 of 12 available appointments and that too is dependent upon how many GPs are likely to be in. With none available, I was told try again tomorrow. I took the morning off from work for this. If I go to A&E, like many others in my situation, it would be impacting urgent care needed for those in critical condition and Id be stuck there for 5 hours for an assessment that ought really to be carried out by my GP. I have complex autoimmune conditions so really needed this appointment. Whilst the GPs are good at this practise, it is a mad battle just to get 5 minutes with them. Prescriptions are now to be discussed over the phone. How do I achieve this when I am deaf? It just adds unnecessary anxiety and uncertainty. For the amount I pay in taxes, I am very disappointed that even health matters are now potluck. Staff at reception were very dismissive. Appointments in general are weeks away and the same applies for blood tests, even time-critical ones for fertility treatment. Do we now have to seek treatment privately?? Its an absolute disgrace.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 03 January 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

I have been using this surgery for many years and have always found the practice doctors and nurses to be very good and helpful, the reception staff can be rude and abrupt. Unfortunately it has become virtually impossible to get an appointment at this clinic and I have found out that they now don’t do walk in appointments anymore. This surgery is massively over subscribed and it is clear that they cannot cope with the massive influx of patients, this problem is being compounded by the over development of Watford town centre with new apartment complexes. This surgery needs more funding to expand as this is a public health crisis and people’s health and lives are being affected. It is not right to turn people away and send them to Boots as there may be underlying issues that only an expert can identify

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 03 January 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 3 stars

Great care, inconvenient appointment system

I have met 4 of the GPs and the practice nurse and all have provided excellent care, were friendly and polite and treated me with dignity and respect.

Like many others reviewing this surgery, I feel that the appointment system is rather unusual. You can only book an appointment in advance exactly 2 weeks before the date you want. Or you can turn up/ring up on the day at 8am for a morning appointment on the same day. I think this system needs re-jigging.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 January 2018

Non- professional Service

Have been having a horrible experience with this clinic/ surgery.

From appointment point of view, it is almost impossible to get an appointment. I have called multiple times exactly at 8AM and still haven't been able to get through. Sometimes when i do get through, i have to wait a further 15-20 minutes to speak with someone. They had a walk in but even that is stopped. So if you miss calling at 8AM on the dot there is pretty much nothing you can do for that day. Alternatively, you can try booking an appointment for a later date, but they have this system wherein you can only get an appointment 2 weeks to the date of calling exactly (not even a day before or after). And this too runs out within the first hour. Also, they also don't even take the least of effort to even try and get you to see the same doctor. (even if the doctor you saw the last time is available they just assign you to any doctor - that is just a waste of the limited resource they have, as you end up sending the first 5 mins of the 10 mins explaining what you issue was the last time).
I have been told the "we have more than 10000+ patients registered", i don't see why that is an relevant / valid excuse (surely if the load can't be managed efficiently then shouldn't register so many people? (i have had that in other surgeries where they have said they can't register new people cause they are full).

Regarding the doctors, some are nice and professional, but others aren't (they are nice but don't seem to care and are in an rush to move to the next patient). I understand the time constraint and am happy to come back, but they should just state that (book another appointment if you would like to discuss this further) , instead they just rush it, which is very evident. You leaving feeling like they can't be bothered, which is not the feeling you want to be having. They use to have 5 min appointment slots for the walk in, i don't really understand what can you explain in 5 mins (unless you have something as simple as a cold or wound etc..)? Had the same experience with the nurse (one is great, the other was getting visible agitated because a test wasn't going as planned, i don't know what was expected of me there)

I also had a bad experience of being told my blood reports were normal on the phone ( i was instructed to get the results on the phone), only to learn a few months later that they actually showed that i had a deficiency. Though not serious, that incident doesn't fill me with any level of confidence. Also the GPs don't seem to want to spend time and be informative. They are more in a rush and don't want to explain the condition. Previous GPs i have been registered with took the time to do the same and generally gave reading material, along with guidance and options.

All in all, i think extremely poor service and no professionalism, they are just adding more stress and uncertainty to people who are already going through health issues.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 08 February 2018

David gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

Quite Simply the Worst Practice I've Ever Used

I have never had problems using online repeat prescriptions for 3 years. However since switching here it is now harder than ever to get the equipment essential to my autoimmune disease.

Firstly repeats take up to 4 days. So any problems (which happen very often here) can take weeks to sort if you have to request another repeat. I have had doctors reject repeats that are necessary without them calling me to tell me why and find a suitable alternative. One excuse was that the NHS no longer does this type of needle. The pharmacist was baffled when I told them this as they were still seeing repeats come in with exactly what I had asked for.

Now I am being told that the NHS doesn't allow the type of needle that they have switched me on to be sent electronically to the pharmacy of choice. Again, the pharmacist was confused as he's never had any problem with people doing this.

I have had doctors reject repeats for other illnesses, again with no call to me to discuss it. This should never happen!

All I want is for anything requested using the online repeat service to be sent to a local pharmacy for me - apparently this is too much for them!

Good luck ever getting an appointment here to suit you. They are released only on certain mornings and are gone very quickly. Last month I had an appointment booked using their online booking service (I guess I was lucky?) only to turn up and wait 45 minutes. I asked reception why my appointment was running so late when the surgery was basically empty. After a few minutes they realised that my appointment was booked in error and they said that someone had called me in the morning to let me know that it was cancelled. No call was ever made to my phone, no message left. no missed calls, period. How on earth was I ever allowed to sign in at the terminal without a prompt for me to speak to reception?

You need to realise that just because it is a free service you cannot continue to treat patients this way. It should be your goal to make peoples lives, who live with what can be very difficult diseases, as easy and as comfortable as possible. Little things like online prescription services going smoothly and me not having to chase you up asking why my items haven't been requested at the pharmacy but are shown as accepted online make a massive difference.

What let's this place down is the way it is run as the doctors I have visited are very good.

Sort your practice out or I'm sure your rating will continue to be poor.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017