SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE

01923224424 37A St Johns Road , Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1LS

Agree with everything below / Not a good surgery

This surgery is v.hard to reach. Even when you do reach them, you are never given a resolution to any issue. I've currently had 4 appointments with no diagnosis as to why I'm losing significant weight and whilst they've told me I am down for further consultation, I'm still yet to be contacted regarding next steps whilst my condition is progressively worse. I am not alone in this experience, my severely ill father has to attend walk-in's just to receive basic medical apt in regards to his progressive neurodegenerative disease.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 2 stars

Appointments System

It is about time someone sorted out this surgery's telephone communication system. For anyone feeling ill it is wicked the delay one has to go through trying to speak to someone by telephone. I am convinced the office relies on people ringing off to keep the queues down.
The communication and appointments system at this surgery is an absolute disgrace.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

TERRIBLE

TERRIBLE

This surgery is an absolute joke with appointments, where you ring the lines are busy. You are told to ring st 8.00 but never get through. By the time you do get through there are never any appointments left and you are told to call back the next day at 8.00. Or YOU GET CUT OF!!!! Very rarely get an appointment with your own doctor so what is the point of having your own doctor.
Reception staff are rude and abrupt.
The manager really needs to look at the appointments system and protocol because it REALLY IS NOT WORKING. Sadly I feel like have no choice but to change surgery or go private. I do not want to as generally when I do get the of chance to see my own doctor he is amazing one of the best doctors I have ever been to. So please please if the manager actually reads these comments please do something about the system as it really is disappointing.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 16 July 2018

Olivia Scott gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

Extremely unhelpful receptionist and insble to get appt

Extremely unhelpful receptionist, very silly appointments protocol and seem like they don’t care at all. Just came back from uni and called to get an appointment and just because of a change of address (within Watford) They told me had to reregister all over again (although every other detail is the same and all my family are registered there and I’ve been registered there since I was a child) and that there was no way they could give me an appointment (didn’t tell me how to reregister by the way) and then I was told to see a nurse at the beginning of July or go to Hemel urgent care. Really disappointed and will be moving to a different GP surgery.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

Extremely poor service

Really no care at the Surgery. A number of issues, receptionist are rude and abrupt, everything is just too much effort for them. Appointment system is a joke! Takes 30+ mins to get through only to be told to call back at 8am the following day as all urgent and routine appointments have gone. Cannot get a routine appointment anymore, by the time I get through they have all gone or if there is one it’s usually with a Locum. I’ve not seen my Regular GP for over 2 years! If I have to leave a message regarding medication/letter request I don’t hear back for 7-10 days or it’s been lost! ( I was told this today) GP’s are reluctant to prescribe medication, after trying everything over the counter. I suggested a medication she told me my son was too young to have that, I had to do the research and call the surgery with the suggested medication and evidence it can be prescribed for children from the age of 6 years and my son is 12! And a week later I’m still waiting to hear back from them. Which is totally unacceptable especially when it’s your child suffering. Really disappointed, cannot trust the GPs and certainly would not recommend this surgery. We will be registering at another practice.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 2 stars

No appointments throughout the day

Poor management.
So I tried to book appointments to this surgery through their online portal and it always shows no appointments are available. calling them was not helpful as well as they said that they release appointments on a daily basis and if you want an appointment after a week or after a few days then you need to call on the same day when you need appointment to get one.
Calling on the same day needs to be done very early in the morning otherwise all the slots are booked up. This sound quite ridiculous and the people who take the call have no compassion to patients.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018

At a loss

Our experience with Suthergrey very much reflects the other (numerous) negative comments posted on this site. This surgery is hopelessly under resourced and over subscribed. It is virtually impossible to get an appointment and this is a cause of great concern and frustration for us as a family. Between us, my wife and I have spent many hours holding on the phone to try and book an appointment only to eventually get through and be told that there are none to be had. The new online booking system is a completely joke. Appointments are IN THEORY released at 8am every day for online/telephone or face to face booking. I have been poised in front of my computer at 07.55 many times and on the dot of 08.00, guess what, no appointments available to book. Telephoning at 8am is pointless and I think you pretty much need to camp out over night to be anywhere in the queue to book in person.
We are at a loss to know what to do next. We don't want to go to A&E and add to the pressure there (and wait 5 hours to be seen) but I wonder what choice we have when one of us is ill?

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 27 April 2018

Shocking Surgery.

It is impossible to get an appointment at this surgery. I rang over 81 times this morning and when I finally got through I was told there were no appointments for over 2 weeks. It is disgusting that you can never get an appointment or just book to see the nurse. The telephone staff are patronising and rude!!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 20 March 2018

Anonymous gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

GP's are wonderful - when you can get in to see them!

Would prefer if everything noted below would be acknowledged.

I have similar if not all of the same complaints. The staff is unbelievably rude. They desperately NEED to be talked to.

I’ve been hung up on – then when FINALLY getting back through have a voice raised at me, treated me like I’m stupid. In all my years, I have never come across attitude. Obviously I’m not alone in this.

I think its time to look into a change in staff, or perhaps the management who seems to be doing nothing to rectify this! I will be looking into a way to complain further.

I’m currently trying to work out how to change surgeries. A complete pain but perhaps you’d have some relief once all of us who complain relocate.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Hemant goel gave SUTHERGREY HOUSE MEDICAL CENTRE a rating of 1 stars

would like to change my GP

I generally forget my problem rather approaching GP and book an appointment...this is what I feel as of now. You need at least few days planning which include to rescheulde your routine work to make a call for an appointment because you can only take appointment if you call at 0800 AM...call may take between 30-50 mins and call back count may go from 75 to 150...after that if you are lucky enough then will fall under appointment queue and then another 15-30 mins wait...finally if you very lucky then you will get chance to speak and may find that no appointment available otherwise if you face some network issue then call my disconnected and dialling back and waiting for the amount of time really needs to be daring. And staff is kind of adamant and dont want to accept calls for appointment after 0800 AM. I am really struggling with neck pain and having difficulties to do my office work properly but still not lucky enough to book an appointment.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018