Woodhouse Medical Practice

01132953510 Woodhouse Health Centre, Cambridge Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2SF

Victoria gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing care

I cannot thank the surgery enough. Unfortunately we have had to use them a fair bit the last few years with my young family but they always make you feel so at ease. Right from the start, when you phone the secretaries are lovely, yes they ask you questions but only so they can ensure you get the right help. We always get appointment when needed especially for the children but for us as well. The first contact practrioners and nurses do an amazing job and are great with the children. We have had to see the doctors on a number of occasions and they are so caring. They really are interested in your well being. My daughter has had a number of issues and when we have seen the doctor she has asked how I am! I couldn’t reccomed them enough.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 17 November 2018

We are delighted you have taken the time to give such positive feedback.
It is especially pleasing to hear you recognise it is a team effort and to know we have achieved our aim of providing excellent patient care from every member of staff.
Thank you.

Roy Wall gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

The practice appears to be run by a bureaucrat

There is no GP-service, as such. No single doctor is concerned-with one's overall heath. One has great difficulty in obtaining continuity-of-treatment because one is given-the-runaround if one asks for an appointment with a specific doctor, i.e., one is told to phone again, often at some inconvenient time.

It appears that a bureaucratic manager runs-the-show, i.e., it is run primarily for their administrative-convenience rather than the health-needs of patients being a primary-concern.

Patients appear to be completely denied-access to any decision-making. Doubtless the practice is doing nothing illegal -- but this is just not good-enough. There needs to be willingness to care -- by management.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 27 August 2018

We are truly sorry that you are feeling so frustrated.
We are a group Practice and as such, any of the GPs should be able to manage your health care needs. However, if you wish to book an appointment with a GP of your choice, we recommend you sign up for our on-line booking service. Ask at Reception for more details.
If you would like to arrange a further conversation with our Practice Business Manager Andrew Stephens, please call the surgery.

Anonymous gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

I couldn’t ask for any better care. Thank you Woodhouse!

At the core of Woodhouse Health Centre is a range of very caring and professional people – from Health Care Assistants to GPs to secretarial staff. Recently I had a medical review with a Health Care Assistant at Woodhouse (21/8/18). Not only was she very friendly and professional in carrying out all the necessary tests (blood pressure, blood tests, weight) she also listened to my concerns about the long-term medical conditions I am managing. This was very reassuring. She then arranged for me to see a GP at the practice (23/8/18) to discuss those concerns. I had a very useful meeting with the GP for whom I have the highest regard. – she always treats me with respect, listens, passes over relevant information and works with me to sort out a plan of action. Again, this is very reassuring. The following week as I begin taking steps to carry out that plan of action, the Secretary at the Centre phoned me about my prescription and the results of my blood test. Her call is professional, friendly and good-humoured.. I couldn’t ask for any better care. Thank you Woodhouse!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 28 August 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 03 September 2018

Thank you so much for such lovely comments. It is really important to us to hear when we get it right. We are thrilled that your comments mention the whole team, it will give them all such a boost to hear such positive feedback.

WHY MY RECOMMENDATION WAS LOW

Normally I would give a high recommendation because I normally see a doctor who is absolutely brilliant with my treatment. I had an appointment with a different doctor instead because my doctor was on holiday. I was 15 minutes late due to having hot flashes (menopausal) and fatigue caused by hot weather and radiotherapy from having previously having breast cancer. He agreed to see me after he marked me as DNA. His first words to me were 'YOU'RE LATE'' and he proceeded to give me a lecture on how being late causes a 'knock on effect'. My first words to him were I'm sorry and I explained by circumstances advising that I am aware of the 'knock on effect'. He had no empathy considering my condition and being an ex-cancer patient suffering from fatigue and hot flashes He was abrupt, patronising, and condescending which resulted in me storming out. He spoke to me like a child which is annoying considering I am 52 years old and have been with that practice all of my life. He had no people skills at all which is contrary to how his colleagues view him. If you check your records you will see that I was under a doctor from a baby who passed away many years ago. I wanted to complain and spoke to a manager who apologised for my distress and who was very professional, understanding and informative. I did not put official complaint writing as the manager's apology was sufficient. I made an appointment on the same day to see my doctor the following week. She is always caring, understanding and very professional. If it was not for one doctor I would have given the practice 5 stars.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 12 July 2018

We are sorry about your experience. Your doctor was happy to see you. We have a responsibility to inform our patients about the processes to ensure we deliver an efficient service. We are glad you saw your preferred GP and also had time with our Practice Business Manager.’

Andy R gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service and great patient care

Great treatment by the doctor I see, kind, courteous and informative

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 28 July 2018

Thank you for leaving positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time and your comments have been shared to the team.

Sue L gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery I've ever had

The staff at this surgery are without exception efficient, kind and professional. Making an appointment is usually easy online, by phone it is a little more difficult as the line is very busy. Reception is always busy but staff are pleasant and helpful.

The GPs all have a good manner with patients, no matter what background or ethnicity they come from - this is a very multinational area. Professionally, they appear up to date in treatments available, they are knowledgeable about the different strengths in the local hospitals and hospices, and because it is possible to choose which GP to see, one can build an on-going relationship with one doctor if one wishes.

My late husband was supported through his final illness with care and dignity. I have never met such kindness and support from a surgery before.

I heartily recommend this surgery to anyone living within the catchment area.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 27 June 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 02 July 2018

We are always thankful for people taking the time to report when we get it right.
It is so good to hear that the effort of all our staff make is appreciated.
It is certainly a team effort and we are all thrilled to read your comments. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A great doctors with wonderful staff

A busy doctors as all are, but really helpful reception staff and honest and upfront doctors who treat you with care and dignity. Great to be looked after by this crew.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 22 May 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 28 May 2018

It is so refreshing to hear from patients who appreciate the difficult job our reception team have and to hear comments on how well the clinical team are performing.
Sadly we usually only hear from patients when they have a complaint so the whole team are delighted to hear such positive comments - thank you so much for taking the time to post.

MD gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Not a Bad Surgery

I've used here and Chandos for a long while and always have a positive experience. If you call at the beginning of the day you usually get an appointment the same day. Other times of day are more hit and miss but you can register online to book appointments.

I've seen a succession of doctors over the years and have never had any issues with them or indeed other staff at the surgery.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 29 May 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 02 June 2018

Booking online means you have access to the appointment system earlier than the telephone lines open. We have had positive feedback about the online booking system.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments, it means a lot to the whole team.

Anonymous gave Woodhouse Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

The doctor appointments call centre are all bad

The doctor will not give you the right help often. Call centre is the worst in of the surgery. You calling 8:30 In the morning put you in waiting for 15 minutes or more than will tell you no appointments available said you most call 8:30 which I did. Because of the doctor wrong treatment my cold chest infection left tell i sinusitis and living that without antibiotics I lost my sense of smell and alots of other problems.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 30 May 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 09 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you have not been able to get an appointment by calling the surgery. An alternative method of arranging an appointment is online which you may find is quicker and easier. Whilst we cannot comment specifically about medical queries on this portal, the medical team will always give you the best advice when seeing you. We would always encourage you to see us if symptoms should worsen or not resolve.

Poor appointment system

I tried to get through to the surgery by phone on 5 consecutive days , it took between 30 minutes and 50 minutes to get through. On each occasion i was told there were no early or afternoon appointments available. The surgery does not provide sufficient appointments for people who work or have caring commitments. I was told i could queue to book an appointment from 8:00 am. This is not always possible for patients with dependents and jobs.the one day the surgery stays open late, Tuesdays, is always booked up.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Woodhouse Medical Practice replied on 17 March 2018

I am sorry you have had trouble getting the appointment you require.

The majority of our appointments are released for booking on the day, which is termed an ‘on the day booking system’, a system which suits the majority of our patients.

Like all other GP surgeries we have very busy periods, but our phone lines are open for appointments between 0830 – 1300 and 1400 – 1800 Mon to Fri except on Thursdays when we close at 1200. You can also make an appointment in person during these times. Our telephone system will automatically ask you to call back at a less busy time if you have been in a queue for 30 minutes or more.

May I suggest that the option to book on-line with Patient Access would better suit your circumstances. These appointments are available at the earlier times of 07:30 and 13:30 respectively. Please call into the surgery with some photo ID to request an on line access account.

Please contact me, Andrew Stephens, Practice Business Manager, if you need further advice.