Woodhouse Medical Practice

1. Review titled Screening & Vaccination Service - Excellent

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 October 2019

Myself and my partner registered with this practice as our own GP practice does not provide non-NHS travel vaccinations. We received a full course of treatment at times that were suitable for us after work. The service provided by the Pharmacist Independant Prescriber was excellent, knowledgable, professional, informative, clear and no question was left unanswered. I would highly recommend this service.

Visited October 2019

Replied on 21 October 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. We try to provide a high quality service for all patients coming to the practice and are pleased you experienced this. We wish you a pleasant and safe trip and once again, thank you for your kind review.

2. Review titled Excellent Patient care

by Ann Salama - Posted on 10 April 2019

My husband and I have been registered at the Woodhouse Medical Practice ( Chandos being our local surgery ) for over 30 years and have always been treated with consideration. From receptionists to GP's we have been impressed with the professionalism and care, from the well organised yearly 'flu injections to appointments with a doctor or health practitioner obtained online, by telephone or at the surgery. We feel we are extremely well served by this practice.

Visited April 2019

Replied on 10 April 2019

We are delighted to receive such a positive review and appreciate the time you have taken to do so. The whole team are always thrilled to receive such comments. Thank you.

3. Review titled RUDE UNPROFESSIONAL RECEPTIONIST

by Anonymous - Posted on 13 March 2019

Firsty would like to state all reception staff apart from 1 are helpful and lovely. On this occasion I spoke with someone was I can only call very unprofessional. I called for adivse, did not understand the answer I was given so I asked them to explain in more detail to which they turned around and said I've already explained it to you do you not understand to which I replied no sorry and they became really aggressive huffing and puffing down the phone so I apologised and asked for their name, point blank refused and said "who do you think you're talking to I have a son older than you" which made no sense as that had no relevancy to the conversation. I asked for their name again and they slammed the phone down. I have great difficulty understanding and communicating so it was alot for me to even ask them to explain it further so the response caused me major anxiety and stress and now I don't even want to have to call up again in fear they may be like this again. That should not be a way to deal with vulnerable customers who are asking for help. I could of been somebody with severe learning difficulties and it worries me that they had no idea and still behaved in that manner. I called back to ask for a managers name and they told me that the person before was in the right and have no need to speak with a manager. I will be taking this further as it needs to be taken seriously. My health is important and a result of this I do not feel comfortable contacting my surgery. Woodhouse health centre staff need adequate training on how to communicate.

Visited March 2019

Replied on 13 March 2019

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. It will be discussed with the Patient Support Team and if you care to contact us directly we will be able to advise you of the outcome. Kind regards

4. Review titled Amazing care

by Victoria - Posted on 06 November 2018

I cannot thank the surgery enough. Unfortunately we have had to use them a fair bit the last few years with my young family but they always make you feel so at ease. Right from the start, when you phone the secretaries are lovely, yes they ask you questions but only so they can ensure you get the right help. We always get appointment when needed especially for the children but for us as well. The first contact practrioners and nurses do an amazing job and are great with the children. We have had to see the doctors on a number of occasions and they are so caring. They really are interested in your well being. My daughter has had a number of issues and when we have seen the doctor she has asked how I am! I couldn’t reccomed them enough.

Visited November 2018

Replied on 06 November 2018

We are delighted you have taken the time to give such positive feedback. It is especially pleasing to hear you recognise it is a team effort and to know we have achieved our aim of providing excellent patient care from every member of staff. Thank you.

5. Review titled The practice appears to be run by a bureaucrat

by Roy Wall - Posted on 15 August 2018

There is no GP-service, as such. No single doctor is concerned-with one's overall heath. One has great difficulty in obtaining continuity-of-treatment because one is given-the-runaround if one asks for an appointment with a specific doctor, i.e., one is told to phone again, often at some inconvenient time. It appears that a bureaucratic manager runs-the-show, i.e., it is run primarily for their administrative-convenience rather than the health-needs of patients being a primary-concern. Patients appear to be completely denied-access to any decision-making. Doubtless the practice is doing nothing illegal -- but this is just not good-enough. There needs to be willingness to care -- by management.

Visited August 2018

Replied on 15 August 2018

We are truly sorry that you are feeling so frustrated. We are a group Practice and as such, any of the GPs should be able to manage your health care needs. However, if you wish to book an appointment with a GP of your choice, we recommend you sign up for our on-line booking service. Ask at Reception for more details. If you would like to arrange a further conversation with our Practice Business Manager Andrew Stephens, please call the surgery.

6. Review titled I couldn’t ask for any better care. Thank you Woodhouse!

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 August 2018

At the core of Woodhouse Health Centre is a range of very caring and professional people – from Health Care Assistants to GPs to secretarial staff. Recently I had a medical review with a Health Care Assistant at Woodhouse (21/8/18). Not only was she very friendly and professional in carrying out all the necessary tests (blood pressure, blood tests, weight) she also listened to my concerns about the long-term medical conditions I am managing. This was very reassuring. She then arranged for me to see a GP at the practice (23/8/18) to discuss those concerns. I had a very useful meeting with the GP for whom I have the highest regard. – she always treats me with respect, listens, passes over relevant information and works with me to sort out a plan of action. Again, this is very reassuring. The following week as I begin taking steps to carry out that plan of action, the Secretary at the Centre phoned me about my prescription and the results of my blood test. Her call is professional, friendly and good-humoured.. I couldn’t ask for any better care. Thank you Woodhouse!

Visited August 2018

Replied on 28 August 2018

Thank you so much for such lovely comments. It is really important to us to hear when we get it right. We are thrilled that your comments mention the whole team, it will give them all such a boost to hear such positive feedback.

7. Review titled Brilliant service and great patient care

by Andy R - Posted on 13 July 2018

Great treatment by the doctor I see, kind, courteous and informative

Visited July 2018

Replied on 13 July 2018

Thank you for leaving positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time and your comments have been shared to the team.

8. Review titled WHY MY RECOMMENDATION WAS LOW

by Anonymous - Posted on 11 July 2018

Normally I would give a high recommendation because I normally see a doctor who is absolutely brilliant with my treatment. I had an appointment with a different doctor instead because my doctor was on holiday. I was 15 minutes late due to having hot flashes (menopausal) and fatigue caused by hot weather and radiotherapy from having previously having breast cancer. He agreed to see me after he marked me as DNA. His first words to me were 'YOU'RE LATE'' and he proceeded to give me a lecture on how being late causes a 'knock on effect'. My first words to him were I'm sorry and I explained by circumstances advising that I am aware of the 'knock on effect'. He had no empathy considering my condition and being an ex-cancer patient suffering from fatigue and hot flashes He was abrupt, patronising, and condescending which resulted in me storming out. He spoke to me like a child which is annoying considering I am 52 years old and have been with that practice all of my life. He had no people skills at all which is contrary to how his colleagues view him. If you check your records you will see that I was under a doctor from a baby who passed away many years ago. I wanted to complain and spoke to a manager who apologised for my distress and who was very professional, understanding and informative. I did not put official complaint writing as the manager's apology was sufficient. I made an appointment on the same day to see my doctor the following week. She is always caring, understanding and very professional. If it was not for one doctor I would have given the practice 5 stars.

Visited July 2018

Replied on 11 July 2018

We are sorry about your experience. Your doctor was happy to see you. We have a responsibility to inform our patients about the processes to ensure we deliver an efficient service. We are glad you saw your preferred GP and also had time with our Practice Business Manager.’

9. Review titled Best surgery I've ever had

by Sue L - Posted on 27 June 2018

The staff at this surgery are without exception efficient, kind and professional. Making an appointment is usually easy online, by phone it is a little more difficult as the line is very busy. Reception is always busy but staff are pleasant and helpful. The GPs all have a good manner with patients, no matter what background or ethnicity they come from - this is a very multinational area. Professionally, they appear up to date in treatments available, they are knowledgeable about the different strengths in the local hospitals and hospices, and because it is possible to choose which GP to see, one can build an on-going relationship with one doctor if one wishes. My late husband was supported through his final illness with care and dignity. I have never met such kindness and support from a surgery before. I heartily recommend this surgery to anyone living within the catchment area.

Visited June 2018

Replied on 27 June 2018

We are always thankful for people taking the time to report when we get it right. It is so good to hear that the effort of all our staff make is appreciated. It is certainly a team effort and we are all thrilled to read your comments. Thank you.

10. Review titled A great doctors with wonderful staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 May 2018

A busy doctors as all are, but really helpful reception staff and honest and upfront doctors who treat you with care and dignity. Great to be looked after by this crew.

Visited May 2018

Replied on 22 May 2018

It is so refreshing to hear from patients who appreciate the difficult job our reception team have and to hear comments on how well the clinical team are performing. Sadly we usually only hear from patients when they have a complaint so the whole team are delighted to hear such positive comments - thank you so much for taking the time to post.