North Laine Medical Centre

01273601112 12-14 Gloucester Street , Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4EW

Anonymous gave North Laine Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

We are both very satisfied

The doctors of this practice have cared for me for over 40 years, and for my partner for rather less than that time. We have always considered ourselves, and do now consider ourselves, to be really fortunate in having such dedicated, conscientious and capable GPs to look after us. We have found them always friendly and ready to listen, able to make accurate3 diagnoses and willing to explain our maladies and their treatments. Importantly, they appear interested in us as individuals, and we like the way in which they emerge from the consulting room to the waiting room to call us in, or greet us in the street

The practice manager runs the system in the background, but is friendly, and the practice nurses and phlebotomist are kind, thorough and very competent, and a pleasure to meet. Maybe we are fortunate, but almost always the receptionists have been welcoming and very helpful, only on a couple of occasions one allowing the pressures of her function to affect ger telephone manner or seeming to deter patients. Again, almost always there seems to be a genuine interest and concern for us. The repeat prescription service works like well-maintained clockwork for us.

We are very happy with this practice and with the way in which we are treated. Of course we would like to have far more appointments available, and the apparent suspension of the online booking system is a pity. Timekeeping of appointments has much improved, but then if a serious case needs more time than the allotted few minutes, resulting in knock-on delays, then so be it – next time that patient might be me!

We are grateful to the doctor we see and his colleagues, and think they do a great job.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018

shaun gave North Laine Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

receptionish

i Have been with this sugery since 2013, but in the last two years the service has nose dived,
for a whole year my prescription was always sent to the wrong boots, you leave notes for doctors in there pigeon hole, the receptionist dumps them somewhere and those not past the letter.

the service of the doctors is fine. but the receptionist are rude and poorly trained. the letter i left for the doctor was just left on a table under a pile of letters meaning when i came into pick up a letter in return the doctor knew nothing about it and had to start running about looking for the letter i left her under a pile of papers so she knew what i needed.

going bk to my prescriptions i was continually told it was being filled in the wrong place, i think they have become too busy instead of them to stop taking patients so they can work on there service they are taking more. meaning on average to see your doctor you have to wait 2-3 weeks.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

Anonymous gave North Laine Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Reception Staff Incredibly Rude & Condescending

I have used North Laine Medical Centre for in excess of 10 years in the past I have found the staff very helpful and polite recently the trend seems to be for the Receptionist(s) to treat the patients with as much disdain as possible. It may only be one member of staff I have the misfortune to speak to each time I ring but the response is absolutely shocking to the request for booking a routine appointment. They are rude discourteous, dismissive and impatient. Like most I fully understand the pressures on GP's and i am grateful for the NHS but to have a daily scrum of dialling through each time you need an appointment in excess of 3-5 times only to be met with rude staff who deny you an appointment is beyond frustrating. Like another poster said those of us who work and have a family life are not at all supported by the surgery the hoops they make you jump through just to get an appointment is shocking. You can only get an appointment if you ring at exactly 8.30am obviously as this is the same instruction given to everybody when you do the lines are engaged so when after numerous attempts you eventually get through you are either denied an appointment as they are all booked for the day or told you need to wait up to 3 weeks. Shocking. The Gp's are on the whole good one particular doctor is one of the most kind and conscientious Gp's i've come across but something has to give with how they handle bookings and their front desk staff need to be reconsidered or have some retraining in communication skills to treat their patients with a little more compassion. In short if you want to be made to feel like a pleb and a nuisance give them a call!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 25 April 2018

Fallon gave North Laine Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

North Laine medical centre review.

This is a wonderful family doctors, I’ve been with my doctor for years, the staff kind and friendly most of the reception staff are helpful.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Anonymous gave North Laine Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very Disappointing

I havent ever written a review before but I feel so incensed at this surgery. I have been using this surgery for years. It used to be very efficient with polite and professional reception staff. However, whilst the doctors are still dedicated and professional, the reception staff are intolerant, condescending and rude. When asking for an appointment it appears to be asking for a pot of gold. To ask a question for a simple answer I receive a snarky comment. This is just not good enough especially when the reception staff are dealing with unwell people! I appreciate that they may be extremely busy - Is this an excuse for such unpleasantness.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 20 November 2017

Anonymous gave North Laine Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

Can't get nurse appointment

Always difficult to get through on the phones - only appears to be 1 phone line so takes an average of 5 calls to actually get through to someone and there is no online appointment booking facility.

Trying to book a nurse appointment is nearly impossible and when you do manage to book they get cancelled (has now happened twice to me due to an unexpected prolonged bout of absence). If the nurse is off for a prolonged period then a locum should be employed. The nurse also doesn't work every day which makes booking an appointment if you work tricky.

The surgery is also closed over lunch so fitting an appointment in around juggling a family and working can be tricky. Also if you are only able to make phone calls at lunch time as is the case in my job then even booking an appointment can prove difficult.

When you do manage to get an appointment the GPs are usually very good, have excellent patient communication skills, are empathetic and are very knowledgable. There are often locum gps though and the standard of these can be variable. I have no experience of the other professionals working in the gp practice.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Anonymous reviewed North Laine Medical Centre

Shockingly rude

It seems to be common practice from the staff at North Laine Medical Practice to be unable to treat their patients with any kind of understanding that they have a life outside the practice and that comes first. The staff need to be aware that it is not ok to expect patients to always be able to bend their lives around the practice as much as the receptionists, for instance, would like. The doctors have misprescribed medication before and I was almost sent away when I had shingles with no diagnosis until I asked the doctor if they'd look at my rash. They have a terrible complaint procedure and their practice manager just does everything they can to avoid addressing problems and pass the blame on to the patient. Avoid if you can.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 10 December 2016