Ashdown Forest Health Centre

1. Review titled Very Unhelpful Resceptionist

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 August 2019

I rang this morning to book an appointment and was told that this would not be possible as I am not registered at the surgery. As I am currently living in sussex caring for my mother it is not possibloe for me to go back to Cornwall for a doctors appointment. The resceptionist would have lead me to beleive there was no way for me to make an appointment and hung up, except that I knew I could register as a tempory patient and so had to argue my case. She reluctantly booked me one but I was very taken aback with her rude and unhelpful atitude. When you are ill and feeling vulnerable this is the last thing you need! She also was very unhelpful to my Mum (who has terminal cancer) on the phone telling her that she could not give her a piscription. I really beleive that it is essential for resceptionists at a doctors or hospital to have the headspace and energy to be as helpful as posible because of the sometimes emotional, vulnerable or suffering nature of the patients they are dealing with.

Visited August 2019

Replied on 05 August 2019

Many thanks for your comments and feedback. I am disappointed to read that you have been treated this way by a member of my team and will ensure that the receptionist team are made aware of your comments in order that we can prevent this from happening again. Andrew Cornell Practice Manager.

2. Review titled Good in general

by Anonymous - Posted on 16 July 2019

I like this GP as the doctors always seem friendly and professional. However, I almost never see the same doctor twice in a row, and the phoning up to book appointments on the day often takes a long time to get through to someone, before being told when you can book an appointment.

Visited June 2019

Replied on 16 July 2019

Thank you for your comments regarding our surgery, feedback is very useful. Regarding our appointment system, you may find it useful to apply for on-line services, this will allow you to book appointments in advance and on the day, as well as order repeat prescriptions and view some elements of your records. In order to apply for on-line services, you will need to visit the practice with ID. Regards Andrew Cornell - Practice Manager

3. Review titled Who's scratching who's back here then.

by Marmaduke - Posted on 24 May 2019

Asked for a two month prescription as can't afford paying every 28 days & spending 20 minutes in the pharmacy on most visits (previous surgery always gave two months for my ongoing condition). What I got was two prescriptions for the same thing so had to pay double the prescription charge. Also the surgery pharmacy will not dispense to you if you are local so you have to use the village pharmacy & once a month at that.. it took me a moment to work it out but I think I've got the answer & I'll leave the obvious there. I do however think that it is unfair if a GP has the choice on prescription intervals & it is not a fair treatment in non medical terms as some people equal to me have to do the journey, waiting & pay double.

Visited May 2019

Replied on 24 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding our practice. In general terms NHS England and our CCG state that we should be issuing monthly prescriptions for patients, this is of course dependent on the medication and I am more than happy to discuss your specific requirements. Regarding our Dispensary, we are governed by very strict laws that state we are not allowed to dispense to patients who live 1.6km away from a community pharmacy. I note that you have experienced delays in obtaining your medication, we do have on-line services available for you to order and you can select any pharmacy local to you to have your prescription sent electronically, this removes the need for you to collect from the Practice and take to a pharmacy. I would very much like the opportunity to explain these services to you by telephone. Andrew Cornell (Practice Manager) 01342 822131

4. Review titled Unfriendly staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 April 2019

Four days after getting to this surgery in person to book an appointment to have a word with the GP over the phone before have my blood test done, I called the surgery to confirm the day and time and for my surprise the attendant said there was no appointment booked whatsoever in my name! I insisted I had been at the reception the week before to have the appointment on the phone and she said there was nothing she could do for me and no apologies at all! This is unfortunately the only surgery located in the area I live so not easy to change for another GP. Not to mention that people at the reception seem to be always too busy to take a time to respectfully book your appointment properly. One feels as if we are bothering them whenever we need them. Their atitude demonstrates they are a not happy staff and they seem to not appreciate their jobs. Why did they chose to work with public then???

Visited April 2019

Replied on 08 April 2019

Dear Patient. Thank you for leaving your feedback and I am sorry to read that you received unsatisfactory service. We take feedback very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and take relevant steps to improve your experience. Please feel free to contact our Patient Services Manager on 01342 822131 to discuss further.

5. Review titled Excellent all round service

by Mrs C Howe - Posted on 01 March 2019

I have found this General Practice friendly, helpful, empathetic and efficient. My needs and those of my husband have been met in all ways. From the receptionists, nurses, office staff and of course from the excellent doctors, I have nothing but absolute respect and gratitude. The feeling that they are there for their patients and will do their very best for us is very reassuring and makes us feel we are in safe hands. A most important feeling for any age but especially for such seniors as are we.

Visited March 2019

Replied on 01 March 2019

Many thanks for your positive feedback, I will ensure that the entire team are aware of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Mr A Cornell Practice Manager.

6. Review titled Not good

by Sarah - Posted on 13 June 2019

Always problems, always unprofessional, always stress, manager seems to escalate the problem rather than try to fix it. Never known him to be so efficient until we moved 1 mile away. True to the style of Forest Row......not good experiences.

Visited February 2019

Ashdown Forest Health Centre has not yet replied.

7. Review titled Practice Visit

by John Durrant - Posted on 05 October 2018

I visited the practice today and was seen by a Dr. who was very reassuring in sorting out medical problem and giving advice. An excellent doctor. We are very lucky to have such a good practice in Forest Row with excellent staff.

Visited October 2018

Replied on 05 October 2018

8. Review titled Thank you

by Naomi - Posted on 24 August 2018

I turned up at the surgery late on a Friday afternoon having been directed to my GP for treatment, and the receptionist I spoke to was very helpful and understanding of the situation. The Duty Doctor then called me back extremely promptly and organised a prescription. He was also very helpful. I would certainly recommend the surgery, and appreciate very much the responsiveness of the service provided, along with my involvement in the management process.

Visited August 2018

Replied on 24 August 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we strive to offer the best possible service so to receive such positive feedback is appreciated.

9. Review titled The village are lucky to have such a good Doctors surgery

by Alice - Posted on 05 June 2018

The village are lucky to have such a good Doctors surgery and great friendly Doctors who are all amazing.

Visited May 2018

Replied on 05 June 2018

Many thanks for your feedback.

10. Review titled difficult receptionists

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 March 2018

Being a new patient here I’ve had nothing but awful encounters with the receptionists. I have found them to be abrupt, rude and as though we are an inconvenience to them by calling. We never ask to see a GP unless it’s urgent and we have exhausted all other options. However these receptionists couldn’t be anymore unhelpful, patronising and obnoxious. I wonder how they would feel if it was a family member of their own being treated his way?! Whilst registering reception insisted we provide proof of address. Which if I’m not mistaken is against NHSE registration guidelines where patients can now register where they wish and are not obliged to provide proof. We will be looking to register elsewhere unfortunately.

Visited March 2018

Replied on 28 March 2018

I am sorry read your comments about the service you received, comments such as this are used in staff training sessions to ensure we offer the highest level of service. As a practice, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further, our Patient Services Manager is available should you wish to. Regarding registration of patients. All GP practices have a catchment area that is contracted and agreed by NHS England and we are only able to register patients within that catchment area, it is for this reason that proof of address is requested to verify your address. NHS Choices state: Since January 2015 all GP practices in England are free to register new patients who live outside their practice boundary area, but it is for a practice to decide, at the point of registration, whether it is clinically appropriate and practical to register individual patients in that way. Some GP practices may ask for proof of identity when you register, especially when you register children in your care. This may be used to check your details match with the information held on the NHS central patient registry and that your previous medical notes are passed on to the new practice.