Ashdown Forest Health Centre

01342822131 Lewes Road , Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5AQ

Naomi gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

I turned up at the surgery late on a Friday afternoon having been directed to my GP for treatment, and the receptionist I spoke to was very helpful and understanding of the situation. The Duty Doctor then called me back extremely promptly and organised a prescription. He was also very helpful.

I would certainly recommend the surgery, and appreciate very much the responsiveness of the service provided, along with my involvement in the management process.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 24 August 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 August 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we strive to offer the best possible service so to receive such positive feedback is appreciated.

Alice gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

The village are lucky to have such a good Doctors surgery

The village are lucky to have such a good Doctors surgery and great friendly Doctors who are all amazing.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 August 2018

Many thanks for your feedback.

difficult receptionists

Being a new patient here I’ve had nothing but awful encounters with the receptionists. I have found them to be abrupt, rude and as though we are an inconvenience to them by calling.
We never ask to see a GP unless it’s urgent and we have exhausted all other options. However these receptionists couldn’t be anymore unhelpful, patronising and obnoxious.
I wonder how they would feel if it was a family member of their own being treated his way?!
Whilst registering reception insisted we provide proof of address. Which if I’m not mistaken is against NHSE registration guidelines where patients can now register where they wish and are not obliged to provide proof. We will be looking to register elsewhere unfortunately.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 March 2018

I am sorry read your comments about the service you received, comments such as this are used in staff training sessions to ensure we offer the highest level of service. As a practice, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further, our Patient Services Manager is available should you wish to. Regarding registration of patients. All GP practices have a catchment area that is contracted and agreed by NHS England and we are only able to register patients within that catchment area, it is for this reason that proof of address is requested to verify your address. NHS Choices state: Since January 2015 all GP practices in England are free to register new patients who live outside their practice boundary area, but it is for a practice to decide, at the point of registration, whether it is clinically appropriate and practical to register individual patients in that way. Some GP practices may ask for proof of identity when you register, especially when you register children in your care. This may be used to check your details match with the information held on the NHS central patient registry and that your previous medical notes are passed on to the new practice.

Anonymous gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Lovely village surgery

Very impressed with this surgery.. can get appointment on the day I need one and the staff go above and beyond to help.. I always get to see my own doctor who I’ve built a relationship with which means I don’t need to repeat myself over and over.. she genuinely cares, you’re not just a name, you’re treated with respect..

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 16 May 2018

Many thanks for your feedback and kind words. I have printed you comments and will ensure the entire team get to see. A Cornell - Practice Manager

Valerie caffyn gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Superb practise,very lucky if this is your local Dr.

This is an excellent practice, we are very sorry to be leaving, try ning to find out if this is necessary as we have always had amazing care from , all of the doctors, and all of the rest of staff.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 05 January 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 05 February 2018

Many thanks for your kind words. It is always nice to read such positive comments, I will ensure the entire team get to view your comments. Practice Manager - AFHC

Jennifer Grice gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

What an amazing Surgery

My family have been using this surgery for over 20 years. We feel grateful to have such a brilliant selection of doctors, nurses and general staff. We appreciate how busy they are and how underfunded the NHS is at present.. This is not reflected in any way when we require medical help. However it should mean that we the patients need to be polite and considerate to the staff if we want the same treatment from them.

Thank you to everyone at the Clinic, you deserve five stars every day and I am sure most of your patients feel this way.

Jennifer Grice

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 July 2017

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 31 July 2017

Many thanks for your kind words, to receive such positive feedback is very much appreciated and I will ensure that the entire team are made aware of your comments. Many thanks

Always unfriendly and unhelpful

The receptionists who answer the phone are always behaving like you are causing a problem or disturbing them so calling the surgery is stressful. It's never convenient.... As requested I called at 08:30 to get an appointment in the morning no answer until 10 minutes later to be told to come at pm?? It's impossible that they had no appointments until 5 pm as I was one of the first ones to call.

They almost put the phone down on me too while I was still taking. Awful service when we are unwell and stressed in the first place.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 04 August 2017

We are sorry to hear you have received an unacceptable level of service. We would be happy to discuss this with you. Please contact our Patient Services Manager on 01342 822131 and she would be more than happy to assist you. Your feedback is valuable to us and will enable us to improve the service we offer to all of our patients.

Anonymous gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Well deserved praise for my GP and the service at Ashdown HC

I have seen my GP on a regular basis over the last 6 months. They have treated me each time with the utmost care and kindness. I have never felt a nuisance or rushed through any of my appointments even though I know I went over my allocated time slot. I have always had a v good patient experience at Ashdown HC. Last year I saw a GP who performed a small procedure. The procedure was explained and I was reassured. The GP and nurse talked to me throughout which made me feel quite calm. In fact I was in and out before my actual appt time! Myself and husband have recently seen the travel nurse who was informative and helpful. It's a very busy reception but the receptionists are always helpful and polite. Nice bright, clean and tidy waiting room with a good range of magazines. Thank you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 08 June 2017

Many thanks for your kind words and praise. Your comments will be shown to the entire team.

Anthony Hicks gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

We should be grateful for Ashdown Forest Health Centre

We have been patients of the practice for nearly 20 years and do not recognise many of the comments made by other reviewers. The practice is a centre for healing not confrontation. All doctors and nurses give their all in looking after us. They are kind, considerate and professionally respectful at all times. The practice is modern, offering health advice and services to many of those in need. The nurses provide excellent service in dealing with vaccinations and various tests.

We must be mindful as patients that all this wonderful service is mainly free as are many of the operations that the doctors recommend. To have the practice in the centre of town is itself another bonus. Compared to many patients at other practices, where many are waiting up to two weeks for an appointment, we can have an appointment the same day, sometimes within a couple of hours of making it.

The receptionists have a difficult and challenging job dealing with patients who can be stressed by their illnesses. We should recognise this before criticising them.

Let us respect and value our surgery. Without it our lives would be a lot more difficult and we would be a lot less healthy.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 08 June 2017

Practice is getting worse

My family have been patients here for 10 years and the practice has been getting worse - receptionists are rude and obstructive, its difficult to get appointments / get through on phone, appointments when you can get one are when its convenient for the surgery (not the patient) eg we only do ... childhood immunisations for example ... on a certain day / time. Doctor last week was dismissive and condescending, lost a referral for my daughter and fail to follow up. I've no confidence in the practice, or most of the GPs (one, maybe two exceptions). Poor service, poor systems and lack of respect for patients.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017