Ashdown Forest Health Centre

01342822131 Lewes Road , Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5AQ

Marmaduke gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Who's scratching who's back here then.

Asked for a two month prescription as can't afford paying every 28 days & spending 20 minutes in the pharmacy on most visits (previous surgery always gave two months for my ongoing condition). What I got was two prescriptions for the same thing so had to pay double the prescription charge. Also the surgery pharmacy will not dispense to you if you are local so you have to use the village pharmacy & once a month at that.. it took me a moment to work it out but I think I've got the answer & I'll leave the obvious there. I do however think that it is unfair if a GP has the choice on prescription intervals & it is not a fair treatment in non medical terms as some people equal to me have to do the journey, waiting & pay double.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 24 May 2019

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding our practice. In general terms NHS England and our CCG state that we should be issuing monthly prescriptions for patients, this is of course dependent on the medication and I am more than happy to discuss your specific requirements. Regarding our Dispensary, we are governed by very strict laws that state we are not allowed to dispense to patients who live 1.6km away from a community pharmacy. I note that you have experienced delays in obtaining your medication, we do have on-line services available for you to order and you can select any pharmacy local to you to have your prescription sent electronically, this removes the need for you to collect from the Practice and take to a pharmacy. I would very much like the opportunity to explain these services to you by telephone. Andrew Cornell (Practice Manager) 01342 822131

Anonymous gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unfriendly staff

Four days after getting to this surgery in person to book an appointment to have a word with the GP over the phone before have my blood test done, I called the surgery to confirm the day and time and for my surprise the attendant said there was no appointment booked whatsoever in my name! I insisted I had been at the reception the week before to have the appointment on the phone and she said there was nothing she could do for me and no apologies at all! This is unfortunately the only surgery located in the area I live so not easy to change for another GP. Not to mention that people at the reception seem to be always too busy to take a time to respectfully book your appointment properly. One feels as if we are bothering them whenever we need them. Their atitude demonstrates they are a not happy staff and they seem to not appreciate their jobs. Why did they chose to work with public then???

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 08 April 2019

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 08 April 2019

Dear Patient. Thank you for leaving your feedback and I am sorry to read that you received unsatisfactory service. We take feedback very seriously and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience and take relevant steps to improve your experience. Please feel free to contact our Patient Services Manager on 01342 822131 to discuss further.

Mrs C Howe gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent all round service

I have found this General Practice friendly, helpful, empathetic and efficient. My needs and those of my husband have been met in all ways.
From the receptionists, nurses, office staff and of course from the excellent doctors, I have nothing but absolute respect and gratitude.
The feeling that they are there for their patients and will do their very best for us is very reassuring and makes us feel we are in safe hands. A most important feeling for any age but especially for such seniors as are we.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 01 March 2019

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 11 March 2019

Many thanks for your positive feedback, I will ensure that the entire team are aware of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Mr A Cornell Practice Manager.

Sarah gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Not good

Always problems, always unprofessional, always stress, manager seems to escalate the problem rather than try to fix it. Never known him to be so efficient until we moved 1 mile away. True to the style of Forest Row......not good experiences.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 13 June 2019

Ashdown Forest Health Centre has not yet replied.

John Durrant gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Practice Visit

I visited the practice today and was seen by a Dr. who was very reassuring in sorting out medical problem and giving advice. An excellent doctor.

We are very lucky to have such a good practice in Forest Row with excellent staff.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 05 October 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 11 March 2019

Naomi gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

I turned up at the surgery late on a Friday afternoon having been directed to my GP for treatment, and the receptionist I spoke to was very helpful and understanding of the situation. The Duty Doctor then called me back extremely promptly and organised a prescription. He was also very helpful.

I would certainly recommend the surgery, and appreciate very much the responsiveness of the service provided, along with my involvement in the management process.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 24 August 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 August 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback, we strive to offer the best possible service so to receive such positive feedback is appreciated.

Alice gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

The village are lucky to have such a good Doctors surgery

The village are lucky to have such a good Doctors surgery and great friendly Doctors who are all amazing.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 August 2018

Many thanks for your feedback.

Anonymous gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

difficult receptionists

Being a new patient here I’ve had nothing but awful encounters with the receptionists. I have found them to be abrupt, rude and as though we are an inconvenience to them by calling.
We never ask to see a GP unless it’s urgent and we have exhausted all other options. However these receptionists couldn’t be anymore unhelpful, patronising and obnoxious.
I wonder how they would feel if it was a family member of their own being treated his way?!
Whilst registering reception insisted we provide proof of address. Which if I’m not mistaken is against NHSE registration guidelines where patients can now register where they wish and are not obliged to provide proof. We will be looking to register elsewhere unfortunately.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 28 March 2018

I am sorry read your comments about the service you received, comments such as this are used in staff training sessions to ensure we offer the highest level of service. As a practice, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further, our Patient Services Manager is available should you wish to. Regarding registration of patients. All GP practices have a catchment area that is contracted and agreed by NHS England and we are only able to register patients within that catchment area, it is for this reason that proof of address is requested to verify your address. NHS Choices state: Since January 2015 all GP practices in England are free to register new patients who live outside their practice boundary area, but it is for a practice to decide, at the point of registration, whether it is clinically appropriate and practical to register individual patients in that way. Some GP practices may ask for proof of identity when you register, especially when you register children in your care. This may be used to check your details match with the information held on the NHS central patient registry and that your previous medical notes are passed on to the new practice.

Anonymous gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Lovely village surgery

Very impressed with this surgery.. can get appointment on the day I need one and the staff go above and beyond to help.. I always get to see my own doctor who I’ve built a relationship with which means I don’t need to repeat myself over and over.. she genuinely cares, you’re not just a name, you’re treated with respect..

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 16 May 2018

Many thanks for your feedback and kind words. I have printed you comments and will ensure the entire team get to see. A Cornell - Practice Manager

Valerie caffyn gave Ashdown Forest Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Superb practise,very lucky if this is your local Dr.

This is an excellent practice, we are very sorry to be leaving, try ning to find out if this is necessary as we have always had amazing care from , all of the doctors, and all of the rest of staff.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 05 January 2018

Ashdown Forest Health Centre replied on 05 February 2018

Many thanks for your kind words. It is always nice to read such positive comments, I will ensure the entire team get to view your comments. Practice Manager - AFHC