East Shore Partnership

1. Review titled Efficient, welcoming

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 June 2019

The practice is very efficient and staff are welcoming.

Replied on 14 June 2019

Dear Patient, thank you very much for your kind words. We have worked hard to transform our services to meet patient needs and this is very encouraging. I will pass on your positive words to the staff; they'll be delighted. East Shore Partnership

2. Review titled Friendly, easy to deal with

by Raymond H - Posted on 13 June 2019

Understood what was being said, very clear questions and a friendly person, easy to deal with.

Replied on 13 June 2019

Dear Patient, thank you so much for taking the time to provide positive feedback; it is very welcomed and much appreciated. I will pass on to the team and thank them on your behalf. East Shore Partnership

3. Review titled Very satisfactory

by Roger C - Posted on 13 June 2019

Last and on most occasions good to very satisfactory.

Replied on 13 June 2019

Dear Patient, thank you for taking the time to feed back your experience and I'm glad that it is in the good to satisfactory. We will continue to work hard to offer you the best services that we can. East Shore Partnership

4. Review titled So helpful

by Robert N - Posted on 07 June 2019

So helpful, I saw the paramedic, about an injury I got 3 weeks ago, I was rushed straight to Worthing hospital and let go with a bruised back, went on holiday in excruciating pain, came back got appointment with paramedic day I arrived, he referred me to QA turns out I fractured 11th and 12th rib, 12th rib is totally gone and L1 to L4 transversals process were sheared off, would have never know without you guys, Worthing hospital said it was a bad bruise had ct scan to to check insides got psoas haematoma.

Replied on 07 June 2019

Dear Patient, thank you for taking the time to feed back and I'm very pleased to hear that our services met your needs and expectations and that your injuries were dealt with appropriately following consultation with our staff. We wish you a speedy recovery. East Shore Partnership

5. Review titled Absolutely horrendous

by Anonymous - Posted on 17 October 2018

Trying to get an appointment is like pulling teeth. I have been trying to speak to an actual live person but rather than giving me an appointment to see a doctor, I can have a telephone consultation in a week and a half. Try to get hold of the surgery and you best be prepared for a 40 minute wait!!! It’s an absolute disgrace when people are already having a tough time.

Visited October 2018

Replied on 17 October 2018

Dear Patient, I'm sorry to hear that you have been unsatisfied with aspects of the services that we provide. We triage all of our new requests for services to ensure that patients are signposted to the most appropriate member of staff. We also offer e-Consults which you can find on our website and which allows you to contact the surgery by email, and enables us to answer your question and let you know by text, email, phone depending on the communication method you have chosen. This can be very helpful for queries and can result in appointments where the clinicians deem this necessary. I hope that you may find this useful in future. I apologise for the inconvenience and frustration you have experienced. The Management Team of East Shore Partnership.

6. Review titled E- Consult excellent

by Anonymous - Posted on 09 May 2018

I needed the advice from my GP at East Shore Partnership and was aware of the E-Consult a new process. I filled out the carefully constructed form online and submitted. I had an acknowledgment email by return and it showed when I’d be contacted by, actually I was made aware by email earlier than anticipated that my prescription was at my nominated Pharmacy. A wonderful service which I’d thoroughly recommend.

Visited May 2018

Replied on 09 May 2018

Dear Patient, thank you for this positive feedback in relation to our new e-Consult service; I'm very pleased to hear that it had a positive impact on your experience with us. Kind regards, East Shore Partnership.

7. Review titled Do not try and ring the surgery unless........

by Anonymous - Posted on 25 April 2018

you are prepared for a very long wait. I rang the surgery today circa 1pm to be greeted with an automated message saying I was 7th in line to be answered. After 1 hour 48 minutes I was down to "next in line to be answered." After a further 12 minutes it appeared my call was being answered but no, I was cut off. I then arranged for a taxi to take me to the surgery. I needed to collect a prescription for urgently required medication. Upon arrival, the doors are shut. Apparently, today the surgery is shut in the afternoon. Pity that no mention is made on their website nor Patient System Online of this fact. There was a small notice on the front door saying that today is a "Target Day". What does that mean? It means they are shut. So why not say so in order that customers/patients/ service users know. I only learned this when two health care workers who also tried to gain entrance told me the meaning of "Target Day". Shocking service in the above respects. Will the surgery be prepared to reimburse me for the wasted taxi journey £5.29 and telephone call seeing as there really want anyone working to answer my call? Thank you

Visited April 2018

Replied on 25 April 2018

Dear Patient, on behalf of the staff of East Shore Partnership, I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. All practices in Portsmouth close on x 10 Wednesdays per year, when our Clinical Commissioning Group sponsors our continuous professional development. The usual process is for the telephones to be transferred to a pre-recorded message to let you know that we are closed and how you can access care in an emergency. The reason this was done was human error. Can you please contact the Operations Manager or the Reception Supervisor in relation to this comment, explaining that you've been asked to call in connection with a comment on NHS Choices.

8. Review titled Receptionists think they are Doctors

by Anonymous - Posted on 08 January 2018

If you can actually get past the receptionist on the phone to get an appointment it would be a miracle. Some (not all) of them treat you like utter rubbish. I understand that they are to ask you about symptoms but they are not the ones that are supposed to be making a diagnosis that is up to a Dr. Recent experience with them on the 2 occasions that i have needed to ring for my family it has been an awful experience. The receptionists that i had spoken to on these occasions seemed to think that they could make a decision on treatment or diagnosis! I am now looking into changing surgeries!

Visited January 2018

Replied on 08 January 2018

Dear patient, I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced frustration with our system. We triage all new presentations to try to ensure that you are not waiting 4 weeks for an appointment if a condition is of a nature which needs to be seen more quickly. I'm not sure if your family members are children, but if not, we would need written permission from the patient whose notes you would like to discuss, as we are not permitted to discuss another patient without explicit consent. The receptionists are trained to ask the questions which the Doctors have instructed them to in order to actively signpost patients to the most appropriate and if possible, quickest way to obtain treatment for the presenting medical condition. This is different from the more traditional way that GP surgeries operate but we feel it is of real benefit to our patients.

9. Review titled Difficult to find anything good to say about this surgery!

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 January 2018

I have always been a member of this Drs and I have always found it difficult to get an appointment, however it was never too bad as I rarely needed an appointment and staff were pleasant. This has got worse and worse and recently the lack of care and choice and rudeness of the surgery is shocking. The surgery decided to change my medication without asking me first, when queried I was told it was the same just a cheaper brand. I had no choice but to try it as I had no other medication, however the hospital had placed me on the original medication for a specific reason so my medical records nor me had been consulted prior to this change. After a few weeks on this I realised they were not the same as it affected me really badly and I booked an appointment to get more of my old medication with the nurse as per my normal routine. The nurse told me I had to go via triage to have a dr consultation to change it back to what I had been on for years. I tried to call but at 8am on the dot I was 7th in the queue, same as many other people I have to work during this time do I was unable to wait. It is unrealistic. Eventually an appointment was booked and I was told I had to wait 2 weeks to see the doctor even though an appointment wasn't needed, just a prescription. I visited the surgery and was 'greeted' by a rude receptionist who wasn't interested in what I had to say and couldn't wait to get me out the door. When I asked what do I do with no medication for the next 2 weeks I was told I would be seen in 2 weeks. Such a shame that they will not take responsibility for their actions and I have had to go through this rigmarole to go back to my original hospital prescribed medication (for which I am still receiving hospital care) and still no outcome. It has been 3 weeks, 5 calls and 5 visits!

Visited January 2018

Replied on 03 January 2018

Dear patient, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us. I hope that this has been resolved now and you are feeling better. If you would like to discus this with our practice pharmacist it may help for her to explain why something like this may have been done. I'm sorry that it caused you problems and apologise on behalf of the Partnership.

10. Review titled I am livid with service.Tried to book my mum to see a doctor

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 November 2017

I am fuming.Tried to book an appointment for my mum who is asthmatic as she was coughing the whole night.The person on the phone so dismissive.Was told to ring the following morning and this is the third time l have been told the same thing every morning.Can you not prioritise patients with chronic illness.

Visited November 2017

Replied on 01 November 2017

Please can you call the surgery and ask to speak with the Business Manager to discuss this further. Please call in the afternoon if possible, as this is a quieter time on the telephone, and explain that I have asked you to call, in relation to a comment on NHS Choices.