Idle Medical Centre

01274771999 440 Highfield Road, Idle , Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD10 8RU

Rene Wood gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

GP's approaches to patients

My last two appointments were conducted by a very caring and considerate GP, who appreciated that continuity of contact with a patient by the same GP is very important. He phoned me about my specialist and results and also made an appointment to see him again to follow up after my visits to see specialists. As we are not able to name people I'm not at liberty to say which GP this was, but I can honestly say that this was a refreshing approach, as my experiences up to then have been the opposite. Patients should feel confident that they will see the same GP for ongoing conditions as opposed to being seen by others to whom this doesn't matter so much and can give the patient the feeling of being patronized.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 07 May 2019

Idle Medical Centre replied on 09 May 2019

Thank you very much for these positive comments. We do understand the value of continuity of care and whenever possible we try to ensure it happens. However, it is not always possible due to timing of appointments, GP holidays, etc . I would hope that our staff would never make a patient feel patronized!!

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Prescription service

After putting mine & my wife's prescriptions in the boxes provided in Wednesday before Easter. Called to collect prescriptions from chemist in same building on Tuesday 23 April. Was told that the chemist had not received prescriptions. Was told to go to reception to find out where our prescriptions are was told they have not received any prescriptions. How do loose prescriptions from the post box to office what 10 yards.then for told from chemist that computer not working please go to reception to make paper prescriptions. Got told at reception that they can't do that.it all electronic it down to chemist to sort out. Not very happy.what would happen if computers were down for few days. YES GO BACK TO PAPER.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 23 April 2019

Idle Medical Centre replied on 24 April 2019

I am sorry that you had difficulty in collecting your prescription yesterday. However, I need to clarify what you were told by the pharmacy. They were unable to process your request because of computer problems. As we now send the vast majority of prescriptions electronically to pharmacies this means that if they experience difficulties then the only option is to ask us to reprint the prescription but this is difficult and time consuming.
At no point was your request mislaid or lost. We had processed it on time and correctly.
We did lose our computer systems last year and were still able to function and see patients as we have back-up systems. When prescriptions are produced on paper, they are printed out via a .......COMPUTER.
I am sure you would agree that returning to paper for all our systems is simply not practical. Just as returning to an era before the internet is not practical. Indeed, if it were not for computers you would not have been able to post this complaint!!
I hope this clarifies what happened and that we are able to meet your needs in the future.
Regards,

DavidW gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Professional and personable

A recent lower back pain issue led to three separate visits to the surgery to see a doctor and one of the nurses for a blood test. On each occasion I was treated with dignity and respect, and knew that my issue was being thoroughly investigated. One final telephone call from the Dr served to reassure me I was on the right track medically as well as to reinforce the view that I was being very well looked after. Thank you.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 23 April 2019

Idle Medical Centre replied on 02 May 2019

Thank you for your kind words. I very happy that we have been able to help and that you are on the mend.

Best Wishes

Care When Needed

I have had depression for a while but lately felt things getting worse. I also had anxiety which I had never suffered from before. Right from the very first appointment, the GP I saw was so incredibly kind, understanding and actually cared. The second GP sent me helpful information on services that I could access to help me and provide additional support. Each GP after we’re just the same. They sat and listened to my worries and fears, even when most times I was crying. I was continually provided helpful advice and information which I did use and accessed. These helped me enormously and will continue to do so.
Without the help of the GP’s at Idle Medical Centre, I don’t know what I would have done. A special thanks to my doctors. I am and shall always be great for their help.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 16 October 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 18 October 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this message. I am so pleased that our care and support has helped you on the way to overcoming your condition.

Lovely doctor

I have been a patient at this practice for many years, I find all the doctors and nurses very good, but just recently I have been visiting a doctor who is an exceptional doctor very caring and a gentleman, I hope this doctor is here to stay and join the many good doctors they have there, he has helped me such much in the past months with treatment and information on my illness, he’s such an amazing doctor.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 16 May 2018

Thank you very much for these lovely comments. They are much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Same as others

Appointments are a nightmare if you do not get through by 08.40 forget it and online even worse no appointments for the next 3 weeks, useless!
Most doctors are very nice but time is of the essence and if you have more than 1 problem forget it another appointment needed.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 July 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 04 July 2018

I am sorry that you have had difficulty in getting an appointment. The demand does vary hugely day-to-day. Monday and Friday are always the busiest. We have had days recently where there have been spare appointments so it is definitely not the case that we never have appointments available. Our on-line appointments do go very quickly. We will always give you the option to speak to a GP and if they feel that the matter is urgent then they will arrange an appointment for you. Alternatively you can book up to 4 weeks in advance.
Along with all GP surgeries, we do specify that 1 ten minute appointment is to deal with 1 issue. Whilst the GP may try to deal with more than 1 it is not always possible and you may be asked to book another appointment.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am an employee at Idle Medical Centre, and would like to say Thank you, to all my work colleagues, for their help with my son when he had a seizure, outside the surgery 3 weeks ago. Although my son is not a patient at Idle Medical Centre, the nurses and gp's did all they could to help him and keep him safe until the ambulance arrived. I cannot Thank you all enough. Your fast response and help were fantastic.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Cheers.....its what we're here for.....

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Excellent GP

My husband had an appointment with the doctor regarding severe swelling to his knee. After been thoroughly examined he made an appointment for the next day to aspirate the fluid and suggested that my husband may want to partake in his research pertaining to knee arthritis. We couldn't have asked for better care, would certainly recommend this GP.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 March 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2018

Many thanks for your kind words. They are much appreciated. Hope the knee gets better soon!!

Excellent care

I am an elderly patient with multiple health issues that old age often presents. The G.P.’s have always treat me with respect and have always been happy to discuss any issues that I have or do not understand. If you are promised a callback they always call. Considering the time restraints that are put on them I think they do a wonderful job. I hVe always felt that they are willing to go the extra mile. The only issue I have ever had is with trying to get scan results from the hospital shich I understand is not under their control. I would hate to have to move to another practise and hope that the current medical staffcontinue at Idle Health Centre.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you very much for these kind words. It is much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

No Confidence

One of the doctors decided to stop a repeat prescription of pain medication which i have used for the last 4 years after an accident. No consultation was offered or phone call made to say they were doing this and i have now instead been prescribed an anti inflammatory drug Naproxen, which i know will be ineffective and suspect will also disagree with me. Also, after reading about Naproxen, It seems it doesn't react well with another medication i use, Sertraline. I wonder if the doctor in question has actually read my notes?
Needless to say, i am extremely unhappy with the way this has been dealt with and i fully intend to take things further.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 06 February 2018

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the way we have handled your repeat prescribing. If you contact me directly then I am sure we will be able to resolve this issue.