Idle Medical Centre

01274771999 440 Highfield Road, Idle , Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD10 8RU

Care When Needed

I have had depression for a while but lately felt things getting worse. I also had anxiety which I had never suffered from before. Right from the very first appointment, the GP I saw was so incredibly kind, understanding and actually cared. The second GP sent me helpful information on services that I could access to help me and provide additional support. Each GP after we’re just the same. They sat and listened to my worries and fears, even when most times I was crying. I was continually provided helpful advice and information which I did use and accessed. These helped me enormously and will continue to do so.
Without the help of the GP’s at Idle Medical Centre, I don’t know what I would have done. A special thanks to my doctors. I am and shall always be great for their help.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 16 October 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 18 October 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this message. I am so pleased that our care and support has helped you on the way to overcoming your condition.

Lovely doctor

I have been a patient at this practice for many years, I find all the doctors and nurses very good, but just recently I have been visiting a doctor who is an exceptional doctor very caring and a gentleman, I hope this doctor is here to stay and join the many good doctors they have there, he has helped me such much in the past months with treatment and information on my illness, he’s such an amazing doctor.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 16 May 2018

Thank you very much for these lovely comments. They are much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Same as others

Appointments are a nightmare if you do not get through by 08.40 forget it and online even worse no appointments for the next 3 weeks, useless!
Most doctors are very nice but time is of the essence and if you have more than 1 problem forget it another appointment needed.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 July 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 04 July 2018

I am sorry that you have had difficulty in getting an appointment. The demand does vary hugely day-to-day. Monday and Friday are always the busiest. We have had days recently where there have been spare appointments so it is definitely not the case that we never have appointments available. Our on-line appointments do go very quickly. We will always give you the option to speak to a GP and if they feel that the matter is urgent then they will arrange an appointment for you. Alternatively you can book up to 4 weeks in advance.
Along with all GP surgeries, we do specify that 1 ten minute appointment is to deal with 1 issue. Whilst the GP may try to deal with more than 1 it is not always possible and you may be asked to book another appointment.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

I am an employee at Idle Medical Centre, and would like to say Thank you, to all my work colleagues, for their help with my son when he had a seizure, outside the surgery 3 weeks ago. Although my son is not a patient at Idle Medical Centre, the nurses and gp's did all they could to help him and keep him safe until the ambulance arrived. I cannot Thank you all enough. Your fast response and help were fantastic.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Cheers.....its what we're here for.....

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Excellent GP

My husband had an appointment with the doctor regarding severe swelling to his knee. After been thoroughly examined he made an appointment for the next day to aspirate the fluid and suggested that my husband may want to partake in his research pertaining to knee arthritis. We couldn't have asked for better care, would certainly recommend this GP.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 March 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2018

Many thanks for your kind words. They are much appreciated. Hope the knee gets better soon!!

Excellent care

I am an elderly patient with multiple health issues that old age often presents. The G.P.’s have always treat me with respect and have always been happy to discuss any issues that I have or do not understand. If you are promised a callback they always call. Considering the time restraints that are put on them I think they do a wonderful job. I hVe always felt that they are willing to go the extra mile. The only issue I have ever had is with trying to get scan results from the hospital shich I understand is not under their control. I would hate to have to move to another practise and hope that the current medical staffcontinue at Idle Health Centre.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you very much for these kind words. It is much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

No Confidence

One of the doctors decided to stop a repeat prescription of pain medication which i have used for the last 4 years after an accident. No consultation was offered or phone call made to say they were doing this and i have now instead been prescribed an anti inflammatory drug Naproxen, which i know will be ineffective and suspect will also disagree with me. Also, after reading about Naproxen, It seems it doesn't react well with another medication i use, Sertraline. I wonder if the doctor in question has actually read my notes?
Needless to say, i am extremely unhappy with the way this has been dealt with and i fully intend to take things further.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 06 February 2018

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the way we have handled your repeat prescribing. If you contact me directly then I am sure we will be able to resolve this issue.

Anonymous gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

treatment of a family member

A member of my family has had several health issues which came to a head recently we were concerned that initial gp contact would be difficult given the time allocated to each patient, however we were seen by the doctor who was absolutely amazing (our family members words!) he gave almost an hour of his time and really listened to what his patient had to say, after which time he made a diagnosis that made so much sense to everyone concerned and since that appointment our family member has made some very dramatic and life changing decisions! we still have a long way to go but will be forever grateful that this dr took the time to listen.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 07 February 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 08 February 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments and I am glad we were able to provide excellent healthcare.

Regards,

Kenneth Hook gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Terminals ill mother

My 90 year old mother passed away peacefully early in the morning of February 14th due to multiple organ failure.
During the final years of her life she suffered with all the heath problems associated with Type 2 diabetes and received daily home visits from the district nurses.
The standard of care that she received right up to the final moments of her life was beyond reproach. Myself and my family will always be truly grateful to local doctors and nurses for her care. Our National Health service is a national treasure.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 17 February 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post these very kind comments. I am delighted that our standards of care were of the highest order which we do strive hard to achieve.

Tony Green gave Idle Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Doctors who genuinely care.

I don't usually write reviews but for the decisive and thorough care I received, I'm willing to make an exception. One Dr is, in my opinion an absolute asset to the practice. His diagnosis of my condition was spot on and his referral made sure I received the treatment I needed quickly. He was direct and to the point and explained things in a way that really hit home. I am very grateful to him and the practice for the excellent service. 10/10

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 April 2018

Idle Medical Centre replied on 17 April 2018

Thank you very much for these positive comments. They are always great to receive.