Readesmoor Medical Group Practice

01260276161 Readesmoor Medical Centre, 29-31 West Street , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 1JP

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Appointment system

Tried to get an appointment for my daughter. I don't get any phone signal in work and certainly don't want to have a discussion with a GP when I work in an open plan office. On Thursday I stood outside my office building on my break and held on the phone for 12 minutes but didn't get through. I tried again on my lunch break and couldn't get through. I tried again on my drive home (hands free). I got through and I was told to "call back tomorrow". I explained how difficult this system was for me, finally the receptionist said they would get the GP to call me back. It is Saturday now and I have not received a call. I am quite concerned about my daughter she needs to be seen. I think this appointment system does not work for everybody and a bit of flexibility is needed. So i guess I will be holding on the phone on breaks and lunch again next week, getting increasingly frustrated

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your comments.
Please accept our apologies that you have not been able to get through to the Medical Centre and that the GP did not call back.
Please contact the Practice Manager to discuss this further.

Als 2017 gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Receptionists who think they are doctors!!!!

Whilst the majority seem helpful, it’s the minority that I have had the unfortunate experience of dealing with!
Call backs not honoured and trying to get a copy of a referral letter is like trying to borrow the Crown Jewels.
I will be lodging a formal complaint with the practise manager...in writing...as when I have asked to speak to them previously I was told they would call...however they never did, and when I’ve asked to speak to them today low and behold they've already left for the day.
They make the whole experience of having to attend the doctors even more stressful and believe me I am experiencing a lot of stress already trying to get a diagnosis for my 2 yr old son.
I have also had experiences of referrals not being done and also incorrect referrals which have then meant longer nhs waiting times. I am now in the situation where I am paying for a private consult, but the receptionist sorry I mean consultant, can’t give me the referral letter to take with me.
The receptionists also need to be consistent in the information they give. To spend 15 minutes waiting to speak to someone to then be told to call back tomorrow as they can’t answer your query is not acceptable. To then call back the following day to then be told you need to call at a different time again is just ludicrous.
Get your act together readesmore, your rating is at 2.5 and that speaks volumes as to the operation you are running and the problem starts with your front line staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Carl gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

General practice

Absolutely disgraceful, under no circumstances register with this joke of a practice, receptionist think their the doctors and make it impossible for you to make an appointment, the doctors themselves don't seem to care and I'm not being funny but have real difficulty speaking and understanding English, my girlfriend ended up being treated and getting medication when she went back home to Poland after being wrongly diagnosed here!!! You have been warned.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Good But Could be Better

The appointment system is better than it was as is the repeat prescription system, the one thing lacking though is the some of the reception staff, some of them are quite short with you, in that they will cut you off while you are explaining something to them as if they want you off the phone quickly.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Helen gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Very helpful, friendly nurse for my appointment.

I had an appointment a couple of days ago with the nurse for routine cervical screening and managed to get the appointment on the same day that I rang. The nurse was very friendly and helpful and really put me at ease. Very important screening that all women should regularly attend as my friend died from cervical cancer last year and the test itself is very easy and quick. Would definitely recommend.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive comments. These have been shared with the Nursing Team and the wider Medical Centre team.

We have Nurse appointments which are able to be booked in advance with some availability on the day.

Sarah-Jane gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Positive Changes

For the last few years I have rarely had cause to visit the Drs, save for regular health checks. This year however, I have had several health issues which have required many appointments with GPs and nurses at the practice. I was initially sceptical about the new appointment system and felt quite anxious that I would be unable to see a Dr when needed. I have been pleasantly surprised however, and have found that the new system has actually made it quicker for me to see a Dr, usually on the same day.

Additionally, I have always found the receptionists to be polite and respectful - I imagine it is a difficult job at time to deal with people who are unwell and upset & frustrated as a result. I have always found the Drs at the practice to be thorough and provide an excellent standard of care. I will continue to be a practice member here and recommend it to family and friends.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive comments.

The appointment system was introduced in September 2017 to enable more patients to directly access the GP's on the day they call. This new system has given an additional 200-300 patients access to the GP's per week compared with our previous system.

These comments have been shared will all the teams at the Medical Centre.

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

the new appointment system is awful!

your new system is terrible. i just want to make a routine appointment with a doctor, whether its in 2 weeks or 3 weeks. i dont want to discuss it over the phone whilst im in work, or at home infront of my husband and kids, or outside whilst im walking. I want to be able to get a routine appointment off the receptionist without discussing any of the details over the phone. it has completely put me off ringing for an appointment which i keep being told by people i need because there is never a time suitable for me to speak to a doctor without it being at night when my kids are in bed and my husband is at work. it is ridiculous. i did have a phone consultation once, but i felt i was unable to discuss it properly as i was in the middle of picking my kids up so had to go outside..in the street and talk about a very personal problem. i was sent for a blood test, these came back normal, yet i still have the problem and was not given a follow up appointment or call to find another possible source of the issue, ive just been forgotten about!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

On calling into the Medical Centre, please ask for the GP to call you back at a specified time (if required/where possible/where informed) and the GP will endeavour to do this. Hopefully this will assist in the future.

Catrin Thomas-Cadd gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent appointment system, care and follow up

I travel a great deal with my job and the recent change to the appointment system has given me great comfort that I can discuss and/or be seen about my medical condition on the same day. This allows me to be able to plan my busy schedule accordingly.
Additionally the recent care I received exceeded my expectations and I was pleased that there was follow up to the treatment suggested, including comprehensive testing.
The doctor was both professional and approachable and put me at my ease over several appointments.
I have already recommended and discussed the practice with friends and family and will happily continue to do so.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive comments on the appointment system. This feedback will be shared with the teams.

Mrs Julie Jervis gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

pleased

We have always managed to either see or speak to a doctor, especially when there is an urgent need. The new system, while not perfect, is far better than the old one. And it must mean that fewer people fail to turn up for appointments.Everyone has always been helpful and polite, and when we speak to a doctor on the phone it is always reassuring to know that if we need to be seen then we will be. It is a shame that up to now only negative comments have been made, maybe more of us satisfied customers should say something!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 29 January 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 30 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments in relation to the new telephone consulting system we now operate. This system enables 1,300-1,400 patients per week to directly access the GP’s. This is an extra 200-300 patients per week based on our previous system.
This new system has also dramatically reduced the number of ‘wasted’ appointments where patients fail to turn up.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback. Your feedback will be shared with the teams at Readesmoor Medical Centre.

Anonymous gave Readesmoor Medical Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Satisfied customers

We have been registered at this Practice for many years. Despite the uncertainty of the new appointment system we have been pleasantly surprised by its efficiency. To date we have been pleased to be able to see the doctor of our choice which we consider to be extremely important. The GP has been patient, a good listener and responsive to our questions and needs. We have found reception staff to be pleasant and very helpful, as are the nursing staff. The signing in system is straightforward. The flu clinic was efficiently organised. We have been happy with the service we have received.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 30 January 2017

Readesmoor Medical Group Practice replied on 31 January 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your comments on NHS Choices.

We are pleased that you have found our new appointment system efficient and that you are able to be seen by the Doctor of your choice.

We will be sharing your feedback and compliments with all of the team.