Torridon Road Medical Practice

02086985281 80 Torridon Road , London, Greater London, SE6 1RB

its unacceptable

i called my gp today as my hand hurts from beging of december, finally they found out after 4 months that its because of vitamin d , they gave me a discription i got home and on the paper it says do not take it if you have kidney stone!!! they know i do have!! what if i dont read everything??? i called them back wait on the phone as long as possible ,finally they picked up and said to wait a second, and than hang up on me , the receptionist was clever as i waited so long and of course after i couldnt call them back as they closed down. even if it was a mistake disconnection , they suppose to call me back at least!!! the worse gp surgery in my life!!! and i paid £10 for the medicine what they have to refund me as its their fault !

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 02 May 2017

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal.I am disappointed to hear you are unhappy with your experience at our practice. To discuss this further, please contact me on 020 8698 5281, so we can identify the problem and put this right. Please take note of any information, which may be necessary, i.e. receptionists names, etc so we can conduct a full investigation. I apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Mr P. Morgan gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Cannot understand so much negative review for this practise

I have been a patient at this practise for over ten years and though they have had a rocky road re technology and staffing I personally think the team do an excellent job. I cannot recommend the reception team enough for their help and kind generous manners to myself, who knows better than most I can be a trial due to the level of pain I endure on a day to day basis. I have found the reception team unfailing in their willingness to help. The doctors I have seen are always professional and polite with any information or help to assist my several conditions. Even the poor practise manager I have pulled to task on occasions over the years has always been polite and informative and helpful. Considering the lack of GPs that want to work with the public I think the men and women of this practise deserve more support from the local community rather than the level of sheer negativity I have read through the comments on these pages.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 15 May 2017

Reply from Practice Manager Raj Baranawal. Dear M P. Morgan Thank you for taking the time to leave positive feedback. This is greatly appreciated and will be passed onto the staff. Our Technology is provided by NHS, and we do not have control over this. We have employed many new staff members, in order to cater with the demand. We welcome patients to join our Patient Participation Group (PPG), so we can directly work with you to create an even better patient experience.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Totally Dispointed with the surgery

I have been a patient at this surgery for years, but not a frequent visitor. The visit to nurses have always been very professional and pleasant, I have no issue in this department. Visit with the doctors have more then twice been disappointing.
In January 2017 I saw a doctor who referred me for xrays, waited nearly 8 weeks for referral, then 5 weeks for xray results. Only to be told they lost an xray. The Stress ......

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 26 May 2017

Reply from Practice Manager Mr Raj Baranawal. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am sorry to hear you had stressful experience in regards to your X-Ray. Once we send the X-Ray requests, the hospitals are responsible for allocating appointments and sending back the results to the GP surgery. Unfortunately the time scale is out of our control.
In order for me to investigate this case further, please contact me on: 020 8698 5281.We welcome patients to join our Patient Participation Group (PPG), so we can directly work with the PPG members to create an even better patient experience.

Ridiculous

This surgery is a joke. Not only is it near impossible for the average working adult to get an appointment. But once they get an appointment, you best be ready to wait 30 minutes over the time of when you had booked said appointment. Several times I have had to leave because it's made me late for work.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 16 January 2017

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 14 February 2017

Reply from Practice Manager Mr Raj Baranawal.

I am sorry to hear that you have found it difficult to get an appointment.

There are circumstances which means doctors can run overtime, and I am disappointed to understand that you have experienced this several times as this shouldn't be the case. In order for me to investigate this further, can you please call me on: 020 8698 5281.

KC gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Online appointment booking

Just used the online booking system for the first time and it was so easy. I was able to get an appointment with the doctor I wanted at a time and date that was convenient for me. Also got a useful text reminder a day or two before.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 11 November 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 15 November 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am happy you have had a positive experience with our online appointment booking system; your feedback is much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Past and present experience

I have had mixed experiences in the past but mainly good. It is frustrating having to phone in and keep redialling but when you do get through there has only been one time I didn't get an appointment and that was because I phoned later than the start time to call. Having spoken to friends and colleagues getting a same day appointment is extremely rare, usually they have to wait, sometime a period of days, so am extremely happy with the eventual service. The receptionists are always friendly and helpful. The doctor has always been really good and the newer ones than I have encountered have made you feel as if they are actually listening and very supportive. My last visit with the doctor was particularly good as they made a follow up appointment for me which makes me feel as if the doctor is interested in my ongoing care, rather than just let's deal with this now and leave it at that. Other doctors I found very judgemental and disinterested. However, I have to say my late husband found one particular doctor very helpful, so maybe it's horses for courses!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 22 September 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 06 October 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I can understand there was an appointment issue before, however please be assured we have resolved this, as we have improved our telephone systems; we have added additional lines to handle to the call volume we receive during busy periods. An issue with the telephone system has also been resolved. We have employed more staff to attend calls during the busy hours; as a result the waiting time has significantly decreased. We have also employed more doctors to ensure there are sufficient appointments available each day for our patients. We are monitoring this on a regular basis and are taking action as required.

I really appreciate your feedback. If you could like to join our Patient Participation Group, so you can give suggestions and feedback on how the surgery can improve, please call the practice on: 020 8698 5281 and ask for myself, Raj Baranawal (Practice Manager). Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

abdallah gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

bad service

an extremely mismanaged practice with very rude staff and there are no exceptions which makes one believe that they are trained to deal with the public this way. could not get an appointment to see a GP for love nor money, even when i asked if i can book one in two weeks they are not able to give me an appointment of my choosing, it can only be a specific time of there choosing which is not convenient as i work 6 days a week.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 14 June 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 11 July 2016

I am sorry to hear you have issues with our staff. We aim to provide the best possible service for our patients, and this isn’t acceptable. I require more information before I can investigate this further, so I request you to contact me on 020 8698 5281 and ask for Raj Baranawal.
In regards, to booking appointments we offer different types of appointments; routine, urgent, telephone appointments and online appointment. However as you work 6 days a week it seems like our evening appointments are you for.
Evening appointments are available on Tuesdays – Thursdays between 18:30 – 20:00 and on Fridays between 18:30 – 19:30. These can be booked via phone or online.
If you would like to contact me to discuss this further, please call: 020 8698 5281 and ask for Raj Baranawal.

Jackie Layne gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceellent surgery

I have been at this surgery for many years, they treat me with respect and involve me in the discion making. I have a good GP who listens to me and takes the time to give me time to talk and feel like they care.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 17 May 2016

Reply from Practice Manager, Raj Baranawal. I am happy you have had a positive experience at our surgery; your feedback is much appreciated and will be relayed to our staff.

Anonymous gave Torridon Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

poor reception service. impossible to get appointment

I was in a lot of distress and found it impossible to get an appointment for days on end would try ringing at 8 in the morning, i would either get hanged up on or be on hold for 30 mins to be told no appointments. They would offer telephone but the doctor would say cant treat you over phone. Due to being a student ended up getting an appointment in my student town just walked into the surgery signed up and saw a doctor within 30 mins. They really need to sort this put because its not safe to have this level of service.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 11 July 2016

I am sorry to hear you have had problems getting an appointment on the telephone; our lines are usually busy between 08:00 – 08:30. However since 1st June 2016, we have added an additional 4 telephone lines and employed extra staff to answer calls during these periods.
I am closely monitoring our telephone system, and could see the longest waiting time is between 10 – 20 minutes. But as you have stated you have waited for 30 minutes, this is not acceptable.
There are many other methods of booking an appointment:
1. Routine appointments – can be made in advance.
2. Urgent appointments – can be booked on the same day for urgent medical problems.
3. Telephone appointments - if you want advice, and if necessary a doctor will call you in the practice and see you.
4. Online appointments – if you registered online, you have the option to book an appointment.

We have improved our telephone calling system to provide a better call waiting for our patients, as well as having more receptionists on the phone lines between these busy hours. If you need to discuss this any further, please contact me on: 020 8698 5281 and ask for Raj Baranawal.

GP feedback

Since moving to Catford I have had to call continuously to get through to someone and eventually when I do no appointments are available. I have never been to a GP like this ever. When your ill or if there is something wrong with you, you shouldnt have to go through all this agg. I am still on the phone waiting to get through. The doctors within the GP are ever so rude they just cant wait to get rid of you once you in there.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 28 June 2016

Torridon Road Medical Practice replied on 11 July 2016

I am very disappointed and sorry to hear you have had problems getting an appointment on the telephone; our lines are usually busy between 08:00 – 08:30; however there are many other methods of booking appointments:
1. Routine appointments – can be made in advance.
Our doctors have the patients best interest in mind, however if you could like to provide me with more details then I would be able to investigate this further for you. You can contact me on: 020 8698 5281 and ask for Raj Baranawal.