Cassio Surgery - E82630

01923226011 Colne House,First Floor, 21 Upton Road , Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0JP

D Gray gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 5 stars

Good experience

I have had only good experiences with the surgery, from when I enter the building to when I leave. Everyone is polite and caring. My doctor is so professional in her work and always greets me with a smile, which comforts me straight away. Cassio Surgery should be very proud of their team

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Christine McNulty gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 3 stars

Hospital/GP Practice/Consultant communication

Communication - e.g. transfer of X-rays and medical records between hospital, GP surgery and Consultant - appears to be an ongoing problem.

My GP says that the protocol has recently changed. My GP doesn’t appear to have enough information to be able to liaise with the professionals at the new Musculo Skeletal Unit.

Having referred me to a Consultant a month ago, my GP had not been told, apparently, that the MSU facilities had been reorganised and that I would not receive my letter of referral.

I happened to make my own enquiries, found out about the changes and that I would not be seen by a Consultant but by a less qualified practitioner in a Triage capacity. They would need to have my X-rays and a medical report. My GP says that the hospital holds my X-rays. My GP, apparently, was not able to see my X-rays or arrange for them to be transferred to the MSU. My GP has to rely on the opinion of the hospital orthopaedic specialist. I understand that a patient can ask for a second opinion. Has this option been rescinded?

Please confirm that my medical report and X-rays will be forwarded to the MSU in time for my appointment next week.

Christine

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 28 June 2018

Cassio Surgery - E82630 replied on 28 June 2018

Unfortunately we cannot deal with such requests via this forum - please contact the surgery directly.

Anonymous gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 1 stars

Really fed up with this surgery

Booked an appointment for contraception came only to be told that the dr isn't here for some reason and even if she was she wont have appointments for a while.. so I can't book an appointment with her... As i was leaving the surgery I saw the Dr attending to another patient!!!! So why lie??? The dr that i saw gave me a number for family planning clinic and said to call them! So this meeting the doctor and discussing options was a total waste of time!!!! I'm soo furious as lately u can never get an appointment on time or get and appointment at all! Absolutely disgusted with the service since the other dr and her partner left this surgery has really gone downhill!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

Cassio Surgery - E82630 replied on 16 May 2018

I am sorry you felt the need to write a negative comment without first discussing your concerns with the Practice. The Practice has introduced a policy of only allowing patients to book appointments two weeks ahead as we have found that if patients book more than two weeks ahead - they are more likely not to attend - we have over 400 missed appointments per month.
We have made many positive changes to the practice over the last twelve months - employing two clinical pharmacists and an advanced nurse practitioner.
We have also introduced new services - NHS health checks. latent TB testing, prostate cancer annual reviews

Lucy Dillingham gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 5 stars

Excellent GP

Had my first experience with a Dr today- very approachable and made me feel at ease and gave great advice

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Cassio Surgery - E82630 replied on 21 May 2018

Thank you very much for your very positive comment. Th GPs work extremely hard at the surgery ensuring all patients receive the best care and advice possible.

Maria De Filippo gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 5 stars

Recommend

I nearly always manage to get an appointment at short notice.if I can’t then I leave a message for the doctor and they call me back . One doctor especially is so easy to talk to, takes time to listen to your concerns and will ensure there is a plan to make things right.
The surgery is very busy and the team are rushed off their feet but will always endeavour to help if they can .
They have a patient group too so they can listen to patients concerns and suggestions for ways to further improve their services .

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 07 April 2018

Anonymous gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 1 stars

Avoid at all cost

My experience with dealing with the surgery has never been satisfactory. The staff are rude , unhelpful and have a teflon (non-stick) attitude. Basic processes of ordering medication is like banging your head against a brick wall. They constantly change their processes from one month to the next.

Not a great shock to read that the surgery was voted the worst in Watford.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Cassio Surgery - E82630 replied on 10 May 2018

I am very sorry that you have felt the need to write such a negative response. The article you are referring to was based on no more than 5 patient comments. Every year there is a national patient survey and Cassio Surgery score very highly. The CQC inspection of the Practice again rated the surgery and it's care of patient very highly. The process for ordering medication has changed only once during the last 6 months and had to change due to the recent guidelines from the CCG whereby OTC medication can no longer be prescribed by GPs and patients are directed to their local pharmacies- some patients are very unhappy about this however we must adhere to the guidelines. We have over 150 requests for repeats prescriptions every day and to our very best to deal with them within five working days. if patients forget to order their medication in time we do try to accommodate urgent requests however it is not always possible and patients should take responsibility for their medication.

M.P.Mills gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 5 stars

the best surgery ever

I have been a patient at Cassio since I was born in 1938 & as man & boy have never had cause for complaint I was the youngest of nine children & went on to have two children of our own & form that first day I can honestly say that the service & treatment we have received from Doctors , Nurses & reception staff has always been of the best quality & the time taken by everyone from top to bottom of everyone concerned with any treatment or services received is exemplary. The follow up after any referral is always as fast & efficient as the system allows & you are kept informed of any progress or information that will serve to give you peace of mind at all times. In my humble opinion they all do as much as is humanely possible to combat any problems that may arise.
Sad to say I have seen with my own eyes that some times the problems arise from the patients themselves with the disrespect that I have seen dealt out by people who think that because they pay tax's they own the N.H.S. & I have seen them demanding rather than asking for what they think are their entitlements & never giving a thought to how much it all costs. But I have never seen any member of the team at Cassio Surgery rise to the bait & be disrespectful to any patient & I have come to the conclusion that my wife & children would not be where we stand today without the care & attention shown to us all by the Doctors & Staff at Cassio Surgery & long may it continue.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 21 April 2018

Anonymous gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 2 stars

25 years and im mooving my whole family to a different one.

I have been with this surgery 25 years, my parents and grandparents beforehand. Until the past few years we were all happy with the service,unfortunately since a few years ago we have watched the service on offer severely decline. The main trusted doctors have all left and have been replaced by some rude impatient staff and reception is no different.
As a chronic illness sufferer and a disabled person I regularly visit the surgery but my visit on Thursday left me in tears which in turn flared my illness with the stress, so I left the surgery in a worse state than I entered.
Firstly there was a man in the room with the doctor but we were not introduced (unprofessional) so I shared my information with I don't know who, second the doctor was abrupt and rude with no time to listen to me (his words). Thirdly after the doctor agreed to write a letter with out making me wait the usual 7 days as there are unusual urgent circumstances for the request the receptionist rudely argued with me about it. I proceeded to explain the doc said it was fine to do it the way I was explaining as it was extremely important and urgent but even after allowing other patients to hear my personal business she was arrogant and rude.
I left in tears and ended up in a fibromyalgia flare and my back so tense through the stress. It's hard enough to deal with my illnesses without going to the GP to leave worse and more stressed.
You have had some brilliant GPS through the years but not any more. There is only one decent doctor there now but I don't get to see her. I question why there has never been a care package in place for patients such as myself. My whole family will leave the surgery this week .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 18 March 2018

Cassio Surgery - E82630 replied on 29 March 2018

We are sorry you feel you did not receive a good service from the Surgery. Two GPs recently retired and it is very difficult in the current NHS climate to recruit new GPs. The Surgery has a number of long serving GPs who are doing their very best in very difficult circumstances to offer the best service to all patients.We are working very hard to improve systems to benefit all patients.

Joana Alves gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery. Best doctor

Facilities are great, everything is always looking really clean and staff are really friendly.
But the reason I am writing this review today is because of the doctor I see and how lovely and such a big smile they have every time I come to see them! I had a stomach infection for a couple of months and after seeing two doctors they were the only one who actually paid me attention and made me have every possible exams to try to find out what was wrong with me! I am so greatfull for this as I am fine now and this is thankful to them.
This doctor is very very kind and does their job as it's best!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 27 October 2017

Anonymous gave Cassio Surgery - E82630 a rating of 2 stars

Very rude and unprofessional physiotherapist

The service of the practice has sadly gone down hill. I had been waiting for an appointment to see physiotherapist for months. First app was cancelled by the practice which sadly can happen. On the second date given, I ran late for my appointment, I called the practice to inform so. I was told to get there as soon as I could.
On arrival, the person on the reception desk just raised their hands on air, didnt speak to me, turned to their collegue and exclaimed " Miss you are late, only 9 minutes left, cant see you" and just walked off. Their collegue followed her.
They didnt even have courtesy to look at me. No greetings, no empathy.
Later I found out this was the physiotherapist. I am a health professional too and I have patients who run late but there is a manner to communicate that to the patient that they cannot be seen. I respect importance of running on time and patient who need to be seen straight after me.
On high side, third person on desk kindly took my number and said they will get back to me with next available app. I kept my cool throughout, they must have had a bad day but I left feeling glad I was not seen by a physiotherapist who lacks empathy, ability to listen and care about their patients.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017