Carlton House Surgery

02083704900 28 Tenniswood Road , Enfield, Middlesex, EN1 3LL

Very ANGRY Patient gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Getting through on the telephone

I understand it is a Monday Morning and Surgeries are busy. However, I called the surgery today for a "General Enquiry" which the choice of five options stated to press option three.
I called at 10.05 am as this line is opens at 10 am and waited 11 minutes and put the phone down because no one answered. I called again at 11.15 and waited another 12 minutes which I also put the phone down because no one answered. I have just called again and waited 15 minutes and no answered. In total I have called three times, waited 38 minutes and no one has bothered answering their "General Enquiry" Line. I then called the appointments line who did answer and told me they would transfer me to the General Enquiry line. I did try and speak to receptionist to advise them that I have called three times and have already waited 38 minutes and not spoke to anyone. The receptionist was so rude and said "this is the appointments line". I waited for 5 minutes after being put through by the rude receptionist and still no one has picked the phone up to speak to me. What is the point of having an enquiry line if no answer's it.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Be Nice gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Getting Better!!

Never had any complaints whatsoever over treatment by Doctors or other staff in over 20+ years at this surgery, but as many others have experienced, the past 12 months have been difficult for those of us on repeat prescriptions, either by online or handing/posting in our requests. I have left it a couple of months before posting, but success! The online system works beautifully with collection straight from Lloyds in Baker Street. Also, the online appointment booking system is up and running amazingly well too. Very well done Carlton House!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

A.J gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Bad repeat prescription service

Now having to allow 2 weeks for repeat prescriptions to be done. Both parents house bound but irratic system as to prescriptions being sent from surgery to designated chemist for delivery.
Chemist and parents often have to phone repeatedly to find out if prescription done and where it is. Often just left at surgery In a box. Staff have to spend lots of time looking for them .

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 August 2017

CRG gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Positive Experience

I have recently had two telephone appointment's and one face to face appointment this morning. All three experiences have been positive. The GP I have seen this morning was so thorough and supportive of my needs. I have felt like I was listened to at every stage and given a very professional and polite response. I cannot speak highly enough of how this interaction has left me feeling back in control of my well being. Well done to the fantastic GP that I saw this morning, not only are you professional and knowledgeable but you struck the right chord with me in regards to emotional care and well being. Keep up this great work.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Lynne Thornton gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Doctors and Staff

I'm sad to see this practice does not always get the best reviews. In my experience, I have always been treated very well by everyone at the surgery, from the receptionists to the GPs. If I have not been able to see my requested doctor, I have always been impressed with the given alternative. I have been listened to with empathy, been examined thoroughly whenever necessary, and I have been involved in discussions about treatment.

I have several friends and colleagues who have nothing but grief with their surgeries, so I am extremely grateful to have Carlton Lodge. A big thank you to everyone at Carlton Lodge.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Good practice

I have been overall pleased with this practice. There are a good number of GP's including many female GP's which I wanted. It does take some time to get through on the phone in the morning for an appointment but if you persevere you do get through and generally I get an appointment when I want. I have also found waiting times are usually short.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Eleanore Honey gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The surgery is shocking!!

I find the surgery reception staff to be shockingly unhelpful & damm right rude. when your not feeling well you do not need someone on the other end of the phone being rude intimidating you as if you do not need a doctor. i would not call for a doctors appointment unless it was necessary.
i find the doctors to be helpful when they want to be i feel more insulted after leaving.
The only thing i would say is i had a screening & the nurse was fantastic

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Friendly GP Service

I know this Surgery is not considered the best however I have to say that I think its one of the better ones in the area. I managed to make an appointment on the day after coming down at 8am rather than calling. which I must say I found easier as usually you can never get through on the telephones. I know others will find this difficult with work but again I manage to make an evening appointment when I do have to work.
straight away I came to the front desk and was greeted with a lovely smile from a receptionist. I made my appointment and had to wait around 10 minuets then was seen by a lovely doctor.
now for the negative points.
never enough appointments for the main Doctors. always been seen my salaried but im okay with that as all doctors are doctors and can see your records.
would like to say a massive thank you again for the receptionist on the front desk as their smile was a good start to the morning.
keep up the good work Carlton but maybe change a couple of things i.e more appointments, better telephone system.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Amy gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Poor services & false economy.

I was sent away by the receptionist when repeated prescription for my disabled husband was not signed - even though it was handed in a week ago & I was told to colle t it 10 am 2 das ago. Another fragile gentleman came in, must be in his 90s with walking stick & breathless was also sent away by another receptionist without even asking when he submitted his prescription. I later found him waiting at the bus stop nearby. He must live a distance away. It's appalling & no sympathy shown to patients who need a little help.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Anonymous gave Carlton House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Staff went out of their way to help

I can't thank the reception staff and doctors at Carlton House enough for the speed at which they provided me with a referral letter. After realising I was eligible for an ultrasound under my private health cover, I required a referral letter at very short notice to be able to attend the appointment. The reception staff were very understanding and tried to print one off for me but when that didn't work they then made a special note for the doctor asking if they could provide me with one. The doctor did so that morning allowing me to attend the ultrasound the same afternoon. I can't thank them enough for helping me at a very stressful time.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Carlton House Surgery replied on 04 August 2017

Thank you for posting a positive comment. It was very much appreciated.

Best wishes.