Handforth Health Centre

01625529421 Wilmslow Road, Handforth , Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 3HL

Paul Kershaw gave Handforth Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

A very good practice.

In my experience HHC is a well run practice with good facilities and some very good GPs.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 09 February 2018

Handforth Health Centre replied on 12 February 2018

Thank you for your kind comment. We really appreciate it.

Anonymous gave Handforth Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great!

I’ve been using the centre for 2 & a half years and have only praise. Every doctor and nurse has been brilliant, their time was offered and I always feel reassured.
I use the website for everything, I book appointments and find out all the relevant details I need their. A perfect local service in my experience.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 28 February 2018

Handforth Health Centre replied on 05 March 2018

Thank you for your kind comments. We really appreciate them.

Anonymous gave Handforth Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very rude reception staff

My wife and. I have waited six week for an appointment
That’s fine
Ifor our appointment we had few issues about our health condition
But to our surprise we were told you have moved address recently we no longer can treat you. you will have to wait until you joined new GP go your treatment
What I didn’t understand was at this moment in time you are my GP so why was I referred
To go and join a new GP and then have my self seen for sore treated
I spoke to the receptionist to speak to the practice manager I was told was nobody here I would have to come another time I did leave my name and telephone number for somebody to contact me I haven’t heard anything

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Handforth Health Centre replied on 09 October 2017

We are sorry that you feel you have had a negative experience here at HHC. Your name and number were passed to the Practice Manager who has phoned you several times and left messages.
All practices have a defined practice area which is agreed with our CCG. We therefore always ask patients to re-register when they move out of our practice area, in the interests of patient safety and care. Our Community staff (District Nurses, Health Visitors, Midwives) are unable to visit or treat patients who do not live in our practice area, and our GPs are also very unlikely to be able to make a home visit to a patient who lives out of area. There are further implications when it comes to making a hospital referral, both in terms of funding (if a different CCG is involved) and convenience for the patient (you are more likely to be referred to a hospital which is not near your home).
If you would like to discuss further, please contact the Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Handforth Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

Rude recptionists

Mum recently moved into the area so this review is purely on the rudeness of some reception staff - clearly proper training is required here.
I turned up to register my mother at the surgery as she is very sick. The surgery on this day was very quiet. The receptionist stood talking to their colleague, clearly looked at me and carried on their conversation about nothing !!! - talking about some personal day out. I stood there livid and thought no, let it go..... After they had finished their conversation I was attended to. Now then, I did let it go this once but I won't again, it's unacceptable.

I work in a customer service environment in a managerial role. If one of my team carried on like this I would be having a very harsh word with them. Note - the patients are your customers, don't be so ignorant and drop your personal conversations when you have a customer waiting for attention - it's the job, you are paid to do!

On a positive note, the gorgeous Dr was great with mum and she is delighted saying "what a lovely, lovely doctor"

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Handforth Health Centre replied on 25 April 2017

We are sorry you have had such a negative experience at our practice. Our Receptionists achieved a score of 94% for helpfulness in the last patient survey (July 2016), which is well above the national and the CCG averages. However, we take your criticism very seriously and will certainly discuss the matter with our Reception Manager and the Reception team. We are pleased to hear that you were delighted with your consultation with one of our GPs.

M Cowen reviewed Handforth Health Centre

Diabolical shambles

I wanted to speak to my mothers doctor regarding her health issues. I booked an telephone appointment to speak to the doctor who rang my father in hospital worrying him, when it clearly stated that I was to be contacted. A second phone call was arranged and I never received this, I had to ring the surgery for another phone call and was told there was a slot, I asked to come to the surgery and was told I'd be seen st about 10.45am now 45 mins later still sat in the waiting room. Absolutely shambolic surgery if it was a holiday or meal I'd ask for my money back. I have never written a review so damming but if this is the health service glad o am private.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

Handforth Health Centre replied on 02 February 2017

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you have had a negative experience here at HHC. I have spoken to the GP involved, and I believe he has apologised and explained the series of crossed wires that occurred.
Carey MacKenzie. Assistant Manager.

Anonymous gave Handforth Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and always helpful

Always excellent service and doctors always make you feel very welcome and not rushed. Feels very much like a family practice.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Handforth Health Centre replied on 14 December 2016

Thank you for your kind comments. They are much appreciated by all the staff here at HHC.