Middleton Health Centre

01616557434 Unit F1, Middleton Shopping Centre, Limetrees Road, Middleton , Manchester, Lancashire, M24 4EL

Paul whydall gave Middleton Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Woefully poor

Little to no chance to get a same day appointment. Abrupt staff. No more walk-in. Annoying phone system.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

unbelievable service

Unbelievable, 3rd says call to book appointment with doctor at 8.00 am and they telling me it's all appointments gone. If you going to A&E they look at you like animals and asking why are you coming ? Why you not go to your GP? This is just ridiculous. Paying NI and tax for treating like that.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Anonymous gave Middleton Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good but Busy

I've been registered here about 18 months and needed to visit a few times. Although it can be tricky getting through to them on the phone at 8am once you get an appointment the staff are always helpful and treat you with kindness and dignity. The reception staff in particular are a world apart from some GP surgeries I've used in the past.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Anonymous gave Middleton Health Centre a rating of 2 stars

Awful excuse of a medical centre!

Took my daughter to this walk in on a saturday morning to be told by the receptionist that they were "closed due to too many patients and the doctors need to catch up". As far as i was aware, children are not supposed to be turned away when it comes to medical attention. My daughter had had a severe allergic reaction that we now know had brought out hives. This was visible on her when this so called medical centre turned her away. Had to travel to the nearest one which was oldham, who then left her waiting for hours to then say they had forgotten about her. Took one look at her and advised a&e!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 20 November 2016

Terrible service

After finishing work this evening my mum went to the walk in centre at around half 6, and despite the advertised closing time being 8pm there was a notice at the entrance saying they were no longer accepting anymore patients this evening. Now if the waiting room was packed this would be understandable, however with 2 people in the waiting room and 1.5 hours before closure this is unacceptable... Further to this the receptionist was rude and wouldn't even look in our direction to explain. I feel this is a ridiculous service and I wouldn't visit this place again.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

Poorly thought out service

If you are a registered patient and take ill after 8 am in the morning you have to wait until the next morning before you can book an appointment. Although there is a walk-in, registered patients are not allowed to use it. Therefore patients not from this surgery have better access to seeing a doctor. The only option is to go to another walk in. A ludicrous situation.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

Awful! Avoid!

Three years and still not diagnosed! In constant pain unable to get an appointment. Reception are rude dont care and need to be retrained or let go. I cant stress enough to avoid this awful practise. The practise management are about as useful as a chocolate fire guard! Doctors refer you to see a specialist but you have to chase the results. Seeing the same doctor is near impossible .......even though the doctor has stated on your notes to see them only! Good point. This should never have been allowed to be a surgery with regular patients. To many people on the books and they only care about walk in patients! Got stuck in traffic and arrived at the exact time of my appointment to be told i was late and someone else had gone in my place........then a 2.5 week wait! Disgusting practice and staff.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Reception staff rude!

I rang up to get some test results, It took five phone calls to get through. When I did the reception staff answered the phone with for gods sake! Then was very sort with me on the phone, basically having a tone, and an over all bad attitude. When I gave them my name with no warning they continued to shout out my name and what tests I had done and the results. I could hear people laughing in the back ground and then half way through taking they just started talking to another member of staff. After which they shouted out what tests I had done and the results for a second time! They were rude and beyond un-professional. It's clear that they don't give a dam about how they treat people and I found the experience very upsetting. Their behaviour I would match too a bully's and the laughing and the way they spoke to me I can only stress again was disgusting. Overall the doctor I saw was great, what a shame they have staff like this working on reception.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 September 2016

Not the best doctors/walk-in

Ive booked appointments for past couple weeks for some bloods to be do, ive gone in on the day and when i was at the desk my appointment hadn't been put on. Im not happy about this has i suffer with really bad head aches and want to find out whats causing them. I wouldn't be recommending the walk-in to anyone.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Anonymous gave Middleton Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

generally happy with surgery

My husband and I live in Middleton & were previously registered with a GP in Blackley. After using the Walk-In facility at Middleton Health Centre several times we decided to register with them. We are generally happy with this surgery. It can be difficult - if not impossible - to get through on the telephone & to get an appointment, but every GP surgery has the same problem now. We have both seen most of the clinical staff & they have all been very approachable and helpful - we feel very comfortable with them all, & all the Reception staff are lovely. The fact that once registered you are unable to use the Walk-In centre (apart from weekends) is unhelpful given how difficult it can be to get an appointment but that - and the difficulty getting through on the telephone - are our only complaints. We would not hesitate to recommend this Practice to others.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016