Woolstone Medical Centre

1. Review titled GP PRACTICE

by Valerie - Posted on 24 October 2019

I’ve been a patient for over 10 years. The doctors are generally good. However the receptionist lac any form of empathy. There seems to be no concern about the patients wellbeing. They blame everything on staff shortages.

Visited October 2019

Replied on 01 November 2019

I am very sorry to read your comment and hear that you are unhappy with how you have been treated by our reception staff. I am very disappointed that you have such a poor impression of the practice and would be really keen to find out a bit more about what has happened so we can put it right. Please can you contact the practice directly so we can investigate on 0208 6991062. Thank you.

2. Review titled Reception staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 October 2019

While generally fine, the service delivered by the reception staff is sometimes less than the expected standard. There is one member of staff who would perhaps benefit from training to improve her manner when interacting with the public. She comes across as quite brusque and somewhat rude, with quite a dismissive attitude. This is my impression formed from a few interactions, and I am open to evidence to the contrary. However, this has been my experience and I really feel that this is below the standard for any person in a public-facing role. It creates quite a poor impression and needs to be fed back to the staff-member for her sake and the reputation of the practice. Totally appreciate the challenges that Reception staff face and the important and effective role they play. My aim is to provide constructive feedback and hope it is received in this light. Regards P

Visited September 2019

Replied on 21 October 2019

I am very sorry to read your comments and hear that you have such a poor impression of our reception staff. I would be really grateful if you could contact the Practice Manager directly to provide us with some details about your experience so we can investigate what has gone wrong and seek to make improvements. Thank you, Woolstone Medical Centre 0208 6991062

3. Review titled Great service

by Anonymous - Posted on 14 January 2019

I love this surgery, for an inner London surgery it feels like a family practice& service is great.?today i went in for an energency appointment& was seen by the doctor. She was great, efficient bright& cheerful. Everything a doctor should be. Thankyou for your services.

Visited January 2019

Replied on 14 January 2019

Thank you so much for your comment which will be passed to the entire team. Kind Regards, Woolstone Medical Centre

4. Review titled Bad Service

by Leonard Onoberhie - Posted on 31 August 2018

I have found the communication at the GP to be fairly poor. I have had a leg ulser for almost a month now and not once it occur to them get me referred to leg ulser clinic. Frankly every time I have booked an appointment I was treated as if I was taking up there time.

Visited August 2018

Replied on 31 August 2018

I am very sorry to read your comments and hear that you have such a poor impression of the practice and our GPs. I would be really grateful if you could contact the Practice Manager directly to provide us with some details about your experience so we can investigate what has gone wrong and seek to make improvements. Thank you, Woolstone Medical Centre 0208 6991062

5. Review titled Excellent medical practice

by Emma Price - Posted on 01 June 2018

I have received excellent care for over 3 years at the Woolstone Medical Practice. I always got an appointment at the quickest available time, I was treated with respect and kindness, and was given the best treatment by doctors, nurses and reception staff. I am moving to the other side of London, and I am sad to leave behind such an excellent practice.

Visited June 2018

Replied on 01 June 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback. I shall passed the positive message to all concerned. Thank you, Woolstone Medical Centre

6. Review titled Good Team

by Anonymous - Posted on 07 November 2018

I have recently registered, and the first impressions are of a good team of receptionists in a well organised place. They seem to be doing a very stressful job. Thank you

Visited May 2018

Replied on 07 November 2018

Thank you very much for your comment. We do aim to be organised and offer the best care available to our patients. Kind Regards, Woolstone Medical Centre

7. Review titled The Brilliant Staff at Woolstone!

by Angela Hodgson-Teall - Posted on 22 May 2018

I was prompted to make this review when I attended another local surgery several times. The contrast with Woolstone, where the receptionists are polite, helpful, kind, reasonable (and able to share a joke with you if appropriate) was striking. I realised how lucky I was to have such a wonderful practice on my doorstep (I have been coming since 1988). It would be remiss of me not to mention the fantastic doctors and nurses who have looked after me over the years. Long may the staff continue to uphold these tremendous standards!

Visited December 2017

Replied on 22 May 2018

8. Review titled Lovely medical practice.

by Julie - Posted on 01 December 2017

My husband and myself can't fault this surgery whatsoever. We moved into the area in 1984 and have been with them ever since. Our children have also been registered here all their lives too. I remember having my first child and the doctor visited a few days after I arrived home from hospital (after me having an emergency c-section). Child clinics, check-ups, injections were all taken care of at the surgery. I can not fault my children's care at all. My husband and I have always had excellent treatment with this surgery and can't fault the centre at all. Sometimes you might have to wait in the surgery longer than you expected for your doctor to be free, but I have never felt rushed in a consultation, so I never mind waiting. I don't see this as a negative, just a simple fact that some patients needs need longer time with a doctor than others. The reception staff are very helpful too. Always polite and attentive. I like having the online access. If I know I'm going to need a doctors appointment I can do it all online and you can see which doctors are free and at which times. You can also see all your medical records, vaccinations etc. If you need an emergency appointment just ring the surgery at 8am (might need a few redials) and you usually do get one as they have a few morning and afternoon ones to give out. I have a few friends whose doctors don't offer on the day appointments, so I feel lucky this one does. I'm probably lucky that I've not experienced any problems here, but I do know they have procedures in place to follow up patients complaints and they hold regular patient forums too. So all in all an excellent practice which I do recommend when new people come into area.

Visited November 2017

Replied on 01 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive feedback about our Doctors and Reception staff. I am very glad you have had the kind of service that we aim to provide. Once again many thanks. Woolstone Medical Centre

9. Review titled Excellent family GP surgery

by Jill Purkis - Posted on 16 March 2018

Woolstone Medical Centre has been our family's GP Surgery for nearly 30 years. We have always found the service very efficient, friendly and caring. The reception staff are always polite and welcoming and will always try and solve any issue/query you may have. The clinical staff are very knowledgeable and treat you with respect and dignity and very much as an individual. I have every confidence in their care and treatment and am always given the opportunity to discuss my opinion .

Visited October 2017