Dr N A Turner & Partners

01621816475 Church Road , Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0HB

Roy Treloar gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 3 stars

On the Ball The NHS can be fast when it needs to.

Getting an appointment at short notice is very hit and miss. However where you can plan for it things seem to work. Anyway I was very impressed lately. I attended a planned appointment and the Dr was concerned for me and demonstrated this with outstanding professionalism. I was complaining of a sore throat which I had for several weeks. Knowing I was concerned he guaranteed that I would be seen by a specialist within 2 weeks and also sent me for an X-ray. Fortunately it was all clear and the specialist consultant did his search as well. So Yes the NHS does work when it needs to and it was very fast in tackling my problem. Well done to you all.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 06 August 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners has not yet replied.

Jayne Gibson gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 5 stars

skin cancer diagnosis

I went to the surgery to be advised on a raised mole and was given an appointment for 5.8.19. The receptionist mentioned this in passing to the GP on call who has a special interest in dermatology and I was offered an immediate appointment at 4.30 pm today 17.8.19. I was seen within 15 minutes of arrival and was made to feel very comfortable and at ease when I received a diagnosis of skin cancer. The GP was extremely thorough and explained the prognosis and eventual outcome with sensitivity and humour. He then dictated a referral letter immediately and informed me that I should hear from the hospital within 2-3 weeks and if I hadn't heard to come back and it would be chased up. I cannot not speak highly enough of this dedicated man and his very astute receptionist for their care and attention. Tiptree surgery does not deserve negative reviews I have always been happy with the service provided. Thank you again for your care,concern and initiative which I thoroughly appreciate.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 17 July 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 25 July 2019

Dear Patient,
Thank you for taking the time to feedback your pleasant experience at our surgery. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your consultation with the doctor and that you found the doctor to be kind, considerate, understanding and that you were listened to regarding your health, also the care and attention given by our receptionist. We very much concentrate on good patient care and try to ensure that your experience with the practice is always a positive one. Your comments will be shared with the team, which is a great boost to morale. Thank you.

Diana gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 5 stars

Quick treatment when its needed

The telephone system is much improved at Tiptree Medical centre and I was able to get through on my 10th attempt of redialling. I was immediately put into a telephone queue and arranged an appointment within 4 mins of the practice opening for the morning. I was seen by a nurse practitioner and home with my medication by 9.15am.I generally find if I really need to see a nurse or a doctor Tiptree Medical Centre will put themselves out to make it happen.Yes this practice is exceptionally busy but the staff are always helpful and cheerful, which at peak times, must be difficult.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 24 July 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 25 July 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to make such positive comments it is truly appreciated. It is a huge boost to the team when our efforts are recognised, I will ensure these are shared with everyone at the Practice - thank you again.

Positive review of Tiptree Medical Centre

We as a family moved to Tiptree Medical Centre as we were most dissatisfied with our existing surgery. This was an excellent decision, as the service we have all received has been very good. I have been prompted to write this review as I have recently had a stroke from which I am making a good recovery. The effects of the stroke have been made less server by the advice and medication which I had previously received. Also my wife is becoming deaf and recently needed new hearing aid. These replacements were supplied through the surgery, where previously this would have necessitated a visit to a hospital in either Colchester or Chelmsford.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 07 June 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 15 June 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to make such positive comments it is truly appreciated. I will ensure these are shared with everyone at the Practice - thank you again.

Beverley and Nick gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 5 stars

We have nothing but praise for the staff

We wanted to record our praise for the hard-working, caring and helpful staff team at the Tiptree Medical Centre. The doctor and his staff provide a very responsive service. They receive what we regard as unfair criticism on many occasions and this criticism masks the reality. Tiptree is a fast-growing village (still called a village but with a population larger than many towns). There are increasing numbers of retired people moving here and as a result the GP service can get stretched, sometimes seemingly to near breaking point. However, in the face of this pressure together with a reduction of funding in real terms and a continued increase in the size of its list, all members of staff make every effort to provide the surgery’s crucial services. Although we recognise that the world of primary care is changing, when the surgery provided services to an elderly relative for whom we cared, his major need and wish was to receive consistent care from people he knew. This is a common need for people that new systems. The surgery staff were excellent in recognising this and making every effort to respond to it. THANK YOU TO THE DOCTOR AND ALL YOUR HARD-WORKING STAFF

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 26 May 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 11 June 2019

Very many thanks for your lovely words of support and taking the time to review your experiences at our surgery. We are all pleased that our hardworking, caring and helpful team efforts are recognised and our dedicated team are greatly appreciated. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff it really is a great morale booster - thank you.

Anonymous gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 4 stars

Open day

This practice held an open day recently to consult with registered patients about issues that had been raised recently. The partners explained measures they had put in place to improve accessibility to all, especially those who work. Other members of staff were available to show and explain the current access system. All staff listened , invited questions and explained everything clearly. They invited ideas and suggestions. I was impressed with all the staff and felt they genuinely cared with a passion about patients and the service they provide, despite all the constraints that are forced upon them financially, politically and geographically. I, for one, am very grateful for this.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 31 May 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 11 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at our surgery. I am delighted you enjoyed the Open Day, it was a great success giving our patients the opportunity to meet with Doctors and staff, allowing our patients to observe what goes on ‘behind the scenes’ at the practice and understand the processes in place for providing primary care to the local community, this was followed by a question and answer session with the Partners.
I couldn’t agree more, we are all passionate about our patients and the services we provide despite the constraints you have identified and are pleased know that our dedicated team are greatly appreciated. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff it really is a great morale booster - thank you.

Scary chest pain

Many thanks to Tiptree Medical Centre for prompt help recently. I had a scary chest pain and received prompt appointments and tests. Everyone was really professional and kind.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 01 June 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 11 June 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to make such positive comments it is truly appreciated. I will ensure these are shared with everyone at the Practice - thank you again,

Anonymous gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 5 stars

I felt I had to write and thank you for the great service has been given to my husband following two operations, one at the end of December and again more recently. After his first operation he was advised on a Friday night that it was imperative that he had his wounds looked at on the Monday and after explaining this to the receptionist on the Monday morning he was offered an appointment that day. Following his second operation the same thing happened and again we were given appointments on the day. Today I was concerned that one of his wounds may have an infection and he was offered an appointment this afternoon. The care and attention given by the nurses are second to none. I would also add that the receptionist were very helpful on each occasion.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 17 May 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 11 June 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your positive feedback. We are all pleased that you received great service and are satisfied with the care our GP's, clinical staff and receptionists gave to your husband following his operations. Its always good to know that our dedicated team are greatly appreciated, your comments will be shared with the team.
Thank you.

LC gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 5 stars

excellent team

For a GP practice with around twice the number of patients per doctor it should have the care received by the team is always excellent. It can sometimes be a challenge to get through on the phone but the reception team are understanding and helpful. The nursing staff are very compassionate and kind and I cannot speak highly enough of all four permanent doctors as well as some pleasant locums.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 18 April 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 03 May 2019

Thank you for your lovely words which I have shared with the team, they are delighted that you find the care received by them excellent. Its always good to know that our dedicated team are greatly appreciated. We have recently increased our line capacity which should assist you in accessing the surgery, and also offer online appointments which may benefit you.
Once again thank you.

Anonymous gave Dr N A Turner & Partners a rating of 4 stars

Great Service

My dads condition took a turn for the worse recently and since his hospital discharge the surgery have been extremely supportive and helpful.
My dad has had 2 home visits to check on his progress, community matrons have been arranged for bloods and the surgery care coordinator has been on the phone and was great at advising regarding carers that are now required.
As the main point of contact for my dad I can honestly say I have been kept in the loop regarding all decisions.
Special thanks to a receptionist and nurse who have always treated my dad with care and respect.
As for all the people that moan about the phone systems and appointments, this is a nationwide issue and all surgeries are experiencing the same issues.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 07 March 2019

Dr N A Turner & Partners replied on 17 March 2019

Very many thanks for your lovely words and taking the time to review your experiences at our surgery. We are all pleased that you are satisfied with the care and respect our GP's, clinical staff, care advisor and receptionist have given to you and your father. Its always good to know that our dedicated team are greatly appreciated. I have passed your kind comments onto the staff it really is a great morale booster - thank you.