Abbey Road Medical Practice

02085342515 28A Abbey Road, South West Newham, Stratford , London, Greater London, E15 3LT

Absolutely awful

Been waiting for Dr to call about test results and after using the C word been calling (trying) regularly to see what the outcome was but receptionist keeps saying not received yet (still) however I was taken Ill Wednesday and had to visit a&e where I was told all my tests were sent back the same day as they had urgent labels on them. I've been trying to get through to the Drs all day today being 1st in queue most times and still taking up to an hour before I've given up. This surgery is disgusting and the receptionists are like computer says no...

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017

Neil Rodwell gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Avoid this surgery at all costs

Rude,incompetent and unhelpful reception staff, as you might tell just by looking at most of the other reviews on here. I don't know if it is down to bad staff or bad management, but this place really needs to be investigated into as it it is a complete shambles, there is no quality of care to there patients. I have now just started my second complaint to the Parliamentary Health Ombudsman within 12 months. Do not even bother with this surgery, it is sickening.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 January 2018

Anonymous gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Bad communication

The communication level between Drs and staff to patients is now appalling. Prescription being stopped without consulting patients. Reception staff, one in particular does not know how to talk to patients. Constantly cuts me off before I can explain, queries me about my medical condition and Dr's decisionss and is just plain rude and abrupt. This receptionist has no customer service yet alone patient interactions skills. I cannot how she makes ederly patients feel as I have witnessed the same interactions! Never had one bit of an issue with any off the other staff, they actually made you feel like a human being!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 10 January 2018

This surgery is appalling

Attend the surgery at 8.20 am so as to get an emergency appointment to see a doctor since its been very difficult to get one as I've always been told there is no slot until 3weeks ahead. I was given 9.00am waited 30mins only to be told that the doctor is running late. I found this very annoying.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 17 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I have read your concerns and clearly remember the day you came to see a GP in emergency clinic. You were first on the emergency list and the clinic was due to start at 9am. Unfortunately the doctor who was doing emergency clinic that day was stuck in the traffic as A13 was closed. Most of the staff arrived late that day, only those who live locally managed to arrive on time.

Reception staff has apologised to patients for the delay and offered to reschedule the appointment. You were also offered the option of Telephone Consultation with GP, wait to see another GP as a last patient (who was running a pre-booked clinic) or to come back to see the GP in the afternoon same day as you were unable to wait.

You have also mentioned that you have difficulty booking appointments. We have appointments available online you can register yourself on https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk to book appointments yourself.

If you need to request your repeat prescription or a brief summary of your record you can ask reception staff to give you a linkage key for patient access.

Caution undependable

This surgery is undependable but appears to be the opposite with modern buildings and facilities. I have had reason to complain on a number of occasions and try to be brief and accurate with my business so they can't make a mess of it. They defeat me let me tell you. Caution caution caution.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 17 November 2017

Thanks for taking your time to give us a feedback. I would really appreciate if you could be clearer in what your concerns are. Criticism is good if it is done in a positive way. Only writing 'caution' is not helpful.

I would like to discuss this further please call me on 0208 534 2515 or book an appointment to see me. We aim to improve our services and always welcome comments and suggestions from our patients.

Al gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

This GP centre will need a top down review

Registered as new patients (my wife and I), booked a pre-check up clinic with nurse on site.
Came for appointment a week later (on time) to realise they do not have us in their system, despite appointment in writing and via text alert. Front office staff remain incompetent and disrespectful. Not apologetic for their mistake and does not appear to have a cohesive teamwork. Front office staff/administrators asked us, as patients, about our knowledge about their team and members. Questioning us about which members constitute administrative team - due to their lack of awareness. This is worrying even from an institutional standpoint. They appear to have no idea about who works there or their respective roles.

Asked to complete new patient forms again which consequently lead us missing our initial appointment. No apologies. Thereafter, we were informed the nurse finished work at 6pm and had to go. As patients, we were left with no professional consultation (as previously booked) or professional advice, a member of the team (failed to introduce them self) and asked us to seek help from mainstreet service providers.

In summary: I believe this GP service will need a CQC review. I anticipate there are many other problems with this GP service that remains uncovered. From our personal encounter, we were hugely disappointed with their mannerisms, lack of professionalism and overall poor provision of service (even at the point of requesting advice).

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 25 October 2017

Thanks for your comment, I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied and unhappy with our services. Reading through your comments my understanding is that you had an appointment booked for registration check as a new patient with our Health Care Assistant. The day you came for your appointment you were informed there was no appointment booked. You mentioned you received a text reminder on your phone, usually only registered patients receive text reminders. If you were a new patient registering than unfortunately you would not receive a text reminder but instead a call reminder is made a night before if you have provided a correct number on the time of form filling. I am not very clear on how you had received a text reminder from the practice?

Staffs work according to shift rota, front desk staff may have wanted to find out which member of staff was dealing with you and what went wrong. I myself would also like to know from you the time and date of that incident.
I would really like to investigate this matter, please contact me on 02085342515 and speak to me as I would need further details from you. We aim to provide satisfactory service to our patients however there is always room for improvement, your positive comments and suggestion will help us to achieve this.

shiney gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Rude and unhelpful secretary. No doctors.

Been here numerous times and can never get seen by a doctor.
Been sent to wrong place for simple skin tag removal. This place needs doctors!!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 17 November 2017

Thanks for your feedback; I understand you are having difficulties booking appointment. We have varieties of appointments available e.g. Pre-booked appointments (can be booked 4 weeks in advance), daily telephone consultation, on the day emergency (daily), extended hours (for those who are unable to attend during core hours), online booking (patient can register on https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk) to book appointment themselves.
If you wish to discuss your personal experience about not being able to book an appointment or concerns regards to our customer service, please do not hesitate to call me on 0208 534 2515 or to book an appointment to come and see me or leave your contact details for me to call you.

absolutely appalling

have to wait 4 weeks for an appointment. ive never been so disappointed in a practice. reception staff are quite rude!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Thanks for your brief comment about our services. We have appointments available every day, any patient that cannot wait or book a pre-booked appointment can come to see or speak to the doctor in our on the day clinic or book a telephone consultation on a daily basis.
If you should wish to discuss your personal experience about our services please do not hesitate to call me on 0208 534 2515 to book an appointment to come and see me or leave your contact details for me to call you.

Vanessa Goncalves gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Amazing help on over hours call

I called over hours and the help provided was great. Also it was one of the best calls in my life! The doctor was very kind and helpful. If you cannot go to an appointment for any reason, you might drop a call. :)

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you very much for this very positive comment.

Betsy Gudgeon gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment.

I would like to say the doctor is the best doctor I have ever had.

The doctor is thorough and really takes into account my diabetes and helps me to maintain it.
The doctor explains very well any symptoms I may be showing and steps in quickly id something is not right.

I could not ask for a better doctor.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 27 April 2017

Thank you very much for your valuable comment. All the practice staff appreciate that you have taken the time out to give us your positive feedback.