Abbey Road Medical Practice

02085342515 28A Abbey Road, South West Newham, Stratford , London, Greater London, E15 3LT

West Patient gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

This is why NHS has bad reputation out there

The clinic is awful but my doctor was good. Was able to book an urgent appointment with my doctor due to my condition but was running late for my appointment. Tried to call the clinic for the last 30 minutes and wasn’t able to get through, when I finally got through after 4 tried the receptionist was just absolutely rude and snobby.

At the end I was turned away even though I was only 15 minutes late with no alternatives offered. I understand they run on a schedule but when the doctors are running late and you waited 45 minutes it’s never their fault, how can there be double standards like this?

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you very much for your comment, any patient who is running more than 10 minutes late is on doctor’s discretion to see them end of the surgery or advised to book another appointment. Doctors are schedule for a 10 minute appointment slot, and most patients come on time or just before their time. Any patient who is more than 10 minutes late the receptionist can only inform the doctor and it is on their discretion whether they can see the patient end of the surgery or not. As they have to do home visits, prescriptions and urgent referrals so it depends on the availability of their time on that day.
Doctors run late due to the fact that some days they have patients with complex health issues and require more time.
You also have some concerns regarding staff behaviour and conduct please call or come to the surgery to discuss this.

Anonymous gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Online Booking

I use the online appointment booking system, and I've had nothing but good experiences with it. It means I can book appointments around my working hours. I see the same doctor every time who knows my issues and I have had nothing but support from them. It feels like a consultation not a fob off!

I've had previous issues with telephoning and found the online system doesn't make me feel like I'm being a burden.

Thank you for all support you are still giving me.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 25 May 2018

Thank you very much for you comments I am happy you are using our online service and you are satisfied with the service. We are prompting and encouraging patients to use this service for booking appointments as nowadays most of our appointments are online to book.

LiamB gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I have had many visits to Abbey Road MP. I have always found them to be interested in my condition and my wellbeing. I have received nothing only encouragement and advice whenever I visit. I hear horror stories about other practices with the length of time needed for a consultation.
I have been looked after by three particular doctors. I have no problem in recommending any of them.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 13 February 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is really kind and encouraging.

Appointment

I called Gp to make a appointment for my 4 weeks baby and unfortunately I was told to wait another 4 weeks for appointment this is unacceptable so I guess we should we use our emergency service now . Why the receptionist Believe they are doctors.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 February 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 27 February 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback, the practice appointment system has regular on the day appointments and telephone consultations available, we offer pre-booked appointments within 48hours or 2-3 weeks’ time. In your case if you feel you have not been offered an emergency appointment kindly come and see me personally or call the surgery to speak to me.

Absolutely awful

Been waiting for Dr to call about test results and after using the C word been calling (trying) regularly to see what the outcome was but receptionist keeps saying not received yet (still) however I was taken Ill Wednesday and had to visit a&e where I was told all my tests were sent back the same day as they had urgent labels on them. I've been trying to get through to the Drs all day today being 1st in queue most times and still taking up to an hour before I've given up. This surgery is disgusting and the receptionists are like computer says no...

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 13 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience. I need more information to investigate this. Please call and speak to me

Neil Rodwell gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Avoid this surgery at all costs

Rude,incompetent and unhelpful reception staff, as you might tell just by looking at most of the other reviews on here. I don't know if it is down to bad staff or bad management, but this place really needs to be investigated into as it it is a complete shambles, there is no quality of care to there patients. I have now just started my second complaint to the Parliamentary Health Ombudsman within 12 months. Do not even bother with this surgery, it is sickening.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 January 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 27 February 2018

Thank you for still being registered with the practice and telling us how dissatisfied you are with the service.
In order to help, it would be much more productive if you would come and discuss at the surgery. We are more than happy to accommodate so that we can all work to improve the service ultimately you will benefit from.

Mason gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful. Really undervalue patients

This surgery has receptionist who have no idea how to show empathy. Their customer service skills are poor. Their mannerism is appalling. I called to get an appointment regarding my heart (suspected cardiomyopathy) after been told by a doctor i am high priority, i assumed i woulnd not have to wait a month to get seen to. I finish my pills today and guess what the person on the otherside of the line could not help. Guess its gna be a month till i can control any heart palpitations.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 January 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 13 February 2018

Sorry to hear your concerns, I do apologise you were not offered an appointment on time.
From your comment it is not clear that you have requested urgent or routine appointment. Every day we do 2 emergency sessions and emergency call back unless you requested to see a GP of choice. Our routine appointments are available 2-3 weeks wait and if the GP of choice is on leave then it could be 4weeks wait.
If you would like me to investigate this matter please contact and speak to me.

Anonymous gave Abbey Road Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Bad communication

The communication level between Drs and staff to patients is now appalling. Prescription being stopped without consulting patients. Reception staff, one in particular does not know how to talk to patients. Constantly cuts me off before I can explain, queries me about my medical condition and Dr's decisionss and is just plain rude and abrupt. This receptionist has no customer service yet alone patient interactions skills. I cannot how she makes ederly patients feel as I have witnessed the same interactions! Never had one bit of an issue with any off the other staff, they actually made you feel like a human being!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 10 January 2018

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 13 February 2018

I do apologise that you have received poor customer service from one of our receptionist. I would like to look into this matter if you could please contact the surgery and speak to me.

This surgery is appalling

Attend the surgery at 8.20 am so as to get an emergency appointment to see a doctor since its been very difficult to get one as I've always been told there is no slot until 3weeks ahead. I was given 9.00am waited 30mins only to be told that the doctor is running late. I found this very annoying.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 17 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I have read your concerns and clearly remember the day you came to see a GP in emergency clinic. You were first on the emergency list and the clinic was due to start at 9am. Unfortunately the doctor who was doing emergency clinic that day was stuck in the traffic as A13 was closed. Most of the staff arrived late that day, only those who live locally managed to arrive on time.

Reception staff has apologised to patients for the delay and offered to reschedule the appointment. You were also offered the option of Telephone Consultation with GP, wait to see another GP as a last patient (who was running a pre-booked clinic) or to come back to see the GP in the afternoon same day as you were unable to wait.

You have also mentioned that you have difficulty booking appointments. We have appointments available online you can register yourself on https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk to book appointments yourself.

If you need to request your repeat prescription or a brief summary of your record you can ask reception staff to give you a linkage key for patient access.

Caution undependable

This surgery is undependable but appears to be the opposite with modern buildings and facilities. I have had reason to complain on a number of occasions and try to be brief and accurate with my business so they can't make a mess of it. They defeat me let me tell you. Caution caution caution.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Abbey Road Medical Practice replied on 17 November 2017

Thanks for taking your time to give us a feedback. I would really appreciate if you could be clearer in what your concerns are. Criticism is good if it is done in a positive way. Only writing 'caution' is not helpful.

I would like to discuss this further please call me on 0208 534 2515 or book an appointment to see me. We aim to improve our services and always welcome comments and suggestions from our patients.