Lovemead Group Practice

01225759850 Polebarn Circus , Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 7EH

LynnA gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Extremely well run Medical Practise

I have been a patient at Roundstone Surgery for many years. Yes, sometimes there may be a longer wait for an appointment if you want to see a particular GP but most of the time you can see a GP in a relatively short period of time and, whilst I have not met all the GP's, I have been seen by a few and they are all thorough, pleasant and caring. I cannot fault this practise

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Usually good

99% of the time this practice gets it right. I as a carer have no problems getting appointments. My doctor always treats me with compassion and respect. Yea you do sometimes have to wait on the telephone. No surgery answers straight away, unless they have not patient's. As with all surgery they are overstretched but they usually get it right. Treat people how you expect to get treated and you will find a smile. My family is very happy with lovemead/roundstone.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Peter Moorcroft gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Reception staff could be more helpful!

I registered as a new patient in May but only found out today the name of my doctor. I asked why, out of courtesy to the patient, the Practice didn't welcome me and advise of the name of my doctor when I joined, by email or even text. I have now had telephone conversations with both the registration assistant and the reception manager. Apparently I should have been welcomed by the former but they must have been off work on the day that I registered. There is no alternative provision in that event, the new patient is registered but not informed. When I asked the reception manager why the Practice couldn't just send an email I was told go practices don't do that but if I wanted to try another surgery I was welcome to move!

Thus, my attempt to give feedback on my experience as a new patient was rebuffed by a comment that meant,"If you don't like the way that we do things, go somewhere else".

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 27 July 2017

We are sorry you have been dissatisfied with our registration process. You should have been informed of your named GP at the time of registration and we apologise that this didn't happen on this occasion. We hope that your next contact with the practice will be much more positive.

L, C gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Reception staff, let surgery down

It's hard to believe that the reception staff are still so un-helpful, I understand that the doctors are extremely busy, but the receptionist seem to make their priority to prevent you from seeing a doctor, I feel that if receptionists are going to be making medical judgments on whether you need to see a doctor, then they should at least, advise you on where to go for medical advice, offer telephone consultations, have a nurse see you etc instead it's just a flat out no, basically get off the phone. This could potentially be very dangerous! ( I called 111 who were extremely helpful.) I am very lucky and am no longer registered with this surgery, where I am now have been amazing, the staff are lovely, helpful and knowledgeable.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 23 June 2017

We are sorry to hear about your recent contact with the surgery and that you felt the reception staff were unhelpful. Receptionists are trained to ask relevant questions to ensure that patients are booked with the correct clinician. If you would like to discuss this matter with us further, please contact the management team at the surgery.

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Good surgery

Just made an appointment for a family member,the staff member was very helpful,even though could not give much information,they were very understanding,and managed an appointment with doctor of choice,very helpful

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Terrible, use a different surgery

Terrible service! Receptionist are very stuck up and seem to think they are medically trained. I phoned to get an emergency appointment, the receptionist was very rude, condescending, and stuck up. They told me they didnt think i was unwell enough to have a doctors appointment and that they refuse to give me one. 2 hours later i am rushed to hospital by ambulance with pneumonia and tonsilitis..... made a serious conplaint to the surgery and was told something will be done about it, nothing ever was, the same receptionist still work there

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 17 December 2016

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 19 December 2016

We are concerned to read your comments and would like the opportunity to investigate your complaint. Please can you contact the practice in order for us to do this. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very good surgery

I have been a patient at this surgery for many years. I find the staff to be professional and caring and my GP is excellent. The reception staff are polite and helpful. The nurses are very good. I do not usually have difficulties in getting an appointment and would recommend this surgery to anyone.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 18 January 2017

Sarah JOY gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 4 stars

Good surgery for families.

I've usually been able to get same day appointments, particularly if you're someone happy to see a practice Nurse or whichever doctor is doing general appointments. The staff (receptionists, doctors and nurses) are helpful and patient with children (stickers abound when my little one goes in). I've been in numerous times for checkups, routine vaccinations, travel vaccinations, pregnancy advice and to generally ask questions about my health or that of my child - I have always been treated kindly and with respect. The surgery is particularly good at staying in touch regarding seasonal vaccinations and scheduled appointments.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 27 September 2016

Anonymous gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 1 stars

Thought the reception staff on the phone were rude

Thiught the staff were rude and not helpful and said to my partner after my mither had hip op and had a job to walk and i wanted someone to come out to her house to change her dressing and we were told there is no after care policy and if sge got in a car to go home she can jump in taxi and get herself to the doctors i think its absolutely appalling i thought everyone was intitle to 6 weeks after care i think this service should be reviewed

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 23 September 2016

We are sorry to hear about your recent contact with the surgery and that you felt the reception staff were rude. The community team (who provide the home visiting service) can only visit patients who are housebound and there is strict criteria around this. This means that all other patients need to attend the surgery for treatment. We are sorry if the receptionist came across as rude when informing you of this. If you would like to discuss this matter with us further, please contact the management team at the surgery.

Janine Webb gave Lovemead Group Practice a rating of 5 stars

very pleased with surgery and the staff

The surgery and staff are excellent. They are very kind and compassionate. My doctor is an excellent g.p. Very kind and caring. Very dedicated to their job and patients. Other doctors are also extremely good.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 25 April 2016

Lovemead Group Practice replied on 03 May 2016

Thank you for your kind comments on our service and staff. We always strive to provide the best care possible for our patients.