Kingswood Health Centre

01173012080 Alma Road, Kingswood , Bristol, Avon, BS15 4EJ

Anonymous reviewed Kingswood Health Centre

Had an appointment this evening and was seen to on time.

Seen one of the doctors this evening for my appointment which was on time. Added bonus had excellent service they were very kind and caring put me at ease too. Couldn't of asked for better treatment.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Anonymous reviewed Kingswood Health Centre

Mole removal service

I would like to comment on the convenience and ease the mole removal option in my local gp was. I think it is great to be able to get a slot with someone you know and also was pleased with how quickly it was done. If in a hospital it would have taken buses and or parking charges and it meant I could have my son looked after for a shorter while rather than a whole morning or afternoon. I'm pleased to have this service at my gp.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 10 November 2017

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude reception staff, no appointments for 4 weeks

The reception staff have been rude and sarcastic since the moment I first called the surgery to enquire about registering. They speak to me as if I’m stupid, when I’m asking perfectly normal questions. The appointment booking system is a farce - I needed to see a doctor urgently on a Tuesday, but I was told there were no appointments available to pre-book, so I was told to wait until the Thursday at 8am to make an appointment for the Friday. I called at 8am to be told I cannot make an appointment for the Friday, I have to call that Friday at 8am. This is when I’m already on the way to work. The online booking system doesn’t have any appointments for 4 weeks.

The terrible customer service of the front desk staff makes the process even more unpleasant. You’re dealing with unwell people, a sympathetic approach wouldn’t go amiss.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Minor ops

Visited the surgery for a appointment in the minor ops unit for removal of a lesion the appointment was on time and was informed of the procedure and outcome by the doctor all the way through it was excellent service with utmost respect a gp surgery to be proud of thank you so much

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude dismissive reception staff

I had v bad experience with surgery to the point I'm taking my health care to another surgery. I found myself in urgent need of help & needed to see GP. The reception at time was extremely rude & unhelpful v v nasty & bossy for no reason, even when I said that I was feeling low & felt like ending everything & explained that the gp had told me that if I needed urgent appointment they would see me , the receptionist would not help just acting like a bossy control freak. I hung up as couldn't take the receptionist rude nasty attitude, rang again & spoke to the office manager, who agreed with me & offered me an appointment. Fine great!! The managers asked if I was happy with the service . I said happy got appointment but shouldn't have to go through this.. the manager then turned on me & said they wouldn't speak to the individual, but mention at staff meeting. I explained I didn't think this was right, then the manager decided to try to accuse me of getting them to go on a witch hunt for this individual, which was not the case, all I wanted was an appointment which I was entitled too without control freaks on the phone playing with the fact your vulnerable.. if the practice manager is like this ,,, expect no less from staff ,,, lead by example.. doctors nurses great ,

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Kingswood Health Centre replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback to our practice. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service provided on this occasion.
We take all comments seriously and endeavour to use the information to improve our service. However it is difficult to act on anonymous feedback. I would ask that should you wish me to look into this matter further, you contact myself, the Operations Manager at the surgery. This will enable us to investigate the points raised further and also pass on any feedback to the appropriate staff.

Anonymous gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

Great Doctors - rude reception

I have been a member of this surgery for 2 years, the doctors give great care and are very informative - however i dread calling for a appointment as the reception staff are rude and patronising. They talk down to you and make you feel stupid, they never smile and make you feel like they cant be bothered to help you.

They really need to learn some customer service skills or be employed somewhere which is not customer facing, I have never been treated with respect by the reception staff and they even sometimes make me feel embarrassed when asking questions.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Caroline Hopkins gave Kingswood Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

When I really needed help urgently

I attended my GP surgery as a sit and wait patient as a breathing condition I had seen a GP before had worsened. Dr assessed me, then put me on a nebuliser. When after some time I had not improved my Dr spoke with a Consultant at the hospital and I was then taken by Ambulance to the assessment unit. Following extensive tests a diagnosis was made and I was discharged the following night. I then returned to the surgery for medication and follow up appointments. I have always found the Surgery to be the best I have attended and on this occasion I received excellent care and am extremely grateful to Dr Hempton and the Health Centre team. I would recommend this Surgery highly.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Skin specialist

Excellent service from the skin specialist at this surgery, dealt with my mole I was having problems with immediately, whilst explaining to me the procedure and after care advice. Found this doctor to be very informative and accommodating. Would highly recommend this doctor. Impressed with the removal of the mole did an excellent job very clean and precise. Thanks so much!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 May 2017

Excellent Treatment

Today at 13.00 hrs my 18m old daughter woke from her nap and I noticed that she had a dark orange/red liquid coming from her ear. I thought I would ring the pharmacy as first option as advised on the NHS adverts and they advised ringing the GP. I rang the GP practice at 13.15 and spoke to the receptionist who advised there were no more appointments left but the on call GP could ring me back and triage over the phone. At 13.25 a Dr called me back - after explaining my daughter's symptoms Dr said they would like to see her and to come up straight away. I got to the surgery at 13.45 waited approximately 3 minutes before being called in. Dr was absolutely lovely with my daughter and diagnosed her and prescribed her medication. This whole episode from start to finish was under an hour and is truly exceptional service from Kingswood Health Centre and highlights why our NHS service is so valuable when not abused. I will never call unless I genuinely think myself or one of my family need to be seen and I have always experienced wonderful care from Kingswood Health Centre. I never seem to wait too long on the phone and when I do the receptionists are helpful in ensuring an appointment is made. I know it can be so hard for them to deal with the extreme volume of calls that come in each day but I feel I have always been dealt with appropriately and given an appointment or telephone call if necessary. When a routine appointment is required I don't feel the wait is too long and every doctor we have ever seen is lovely. Drs deserve special mentions and I would like to thank them for the continued care. To Kingswood Health Centre as a whole - thank you for being a lovely surgery who we feel lucky to be patients of - I know not all patients can say that about their GP surgery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 January 2017

Amazing treatment

I visited this surgery last week and was seen by the doctor. I had gone because a black mole had appeared on my neck. The doctor took one look at it and said that because of the appearance of it it was best that it was removed and sent away to be analysed. The doctor advised that this was something they could actually carry out in the sterile room of the surgery. the doctor then made an appointment for me. My appointment was today and the procedure was quick and painless and I cannot praise the doctor enough. This was 5* treatment in my own doctors surgery.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016