Hindon Surgery

01747820222 High Street, Hindon , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP3 6DJ

Simon Addy gave Hindon Surgery a rating of 5 stars

My appreciation of Hindon Surgery.

I have been a patient of the Surgery for approximately four years. Until June 2017 my visits consisted mainly of control and monitoring of two medical problems. However, in June it became clear that I required bilateral full knee replacements. My doctor, in addition to advising as to what this would entail, referred me to a surgeon in London, where I had both knees replaced on 6th November.

Whilst the operation was very successful I had clearly underestimated the physical and mental effect the surgery would have on me on my discharge from hospital and return to Hindon. The staff at the Surgery have been truly exceptional in their post operative care for me. In particular I should like to mention my doctor and the two Practice Nurses who demonstrated, not only skill but compassion and encouragement that has assisted my recovery enormously..

I would also wish to commend the other staff; the receptionists, always so helpful with making appointments and friendly; the dispenser, who never grumbles with late prescription repeats and the phlebotomist . To all staff thank you from me.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 06 December 2017

Hindon Surgery has not yet replied.

Valfrank gave Hindon Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Two years of Hindon surgery

My husband and I came to the Hindon surgery two years ago from a London surgery.
We were very impressed with everyone who worked there and astonished that we could easily book an appointment even for the same day if needed. The staff are caring and we have always had such help and attention from doctors, nurses and reception staff.
Whenever we have been in real need the doctors have referred us immediately to the relevant person even when we had to have other help, i.e. physio, ambulance and special furniture.
We are very impressed.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017

Hindon Surgery replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for these kind comments that we have copied to all our staff. We try to provide a same day service all the time for everything and work with excellent local services and hospitals to meet the needs of our patients. It is lovely to get this comment that suggests we are achieving what we are trying to do and gives us great encouragement to keep doing so.

margaret miles gave Hindon Surgery a rating of 5 stars

caring in a positive way

I have been a patient at hindon surgery for over 60 years and have always had a positive and caring attitude to anything i have gone to the surgery for. The doctors and all the staff are wonderful nothing is too much trouble and your mind is put at rest in a way you never feel you are wasting there time. Thankyou all for being there for me and keep up the good work

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 August 2016

Hindon Surgery replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you. We often get compliments from new patients who have experienced general practice struggling to meet their needs so it is lovely to hear from an established patient who will have had care from us and several previous village GPs and experienced huge change in general practice. One of the GPs has also been a patient in this area on and off for almost 60 years and can remember some of these former doctors practicing from a back room of their family home. It has always been our aim to provide caring family medicine to the highest modern standards but delivered by a small team of doctors, nurses and staff embedded in the local community. Keeping all the things we all value from the past like continuity of care, ease of access and holistic medicine plus all the advances in clinical care. It is what we would like to have when we are patients and it is kind of you to spare the time to report back your good experience of your care from Hindon Surgery.

Paul Spiller Wilkins gave Hindon Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Hindon Surgery Really Cares For The Carers!

Hindon’s Surgery Just Keeps Getting Better & Better!
”Emily, my wife, and myself have not exactly had the best of health over the last few years – I have had major heart surgery following heart attacks and am still recovering from a lacunar stroke and the effects of other quite unpleasant disorders, while Emily has major problems with her eyesight, involving two macular holes, lens replacements plus goodness knows what else.
Wrecked, but still always happy and optimistic, we have sort of ended up as carers of each other as we reach our elderly years.
I have often asked myself, who cares for the carers?
That question was answered on Thursday when our wonderful Surgery at Hindon* had a Carers’ Clinic.
This was a brilliant idea, which was incredibly well received by everybody who attended, but was particularly relevant and amazingly reassuring for both Emily and myself.
Not only are we continually impressed with the Surgery’s practitioners, but all the nurses, receptionists, administrative and pharmacy staff, are always friendly, cheerful, helpful, efficient and very, very supportive.
It is perfectly obvious as to why Hindon was recently voted by its patients as the best surgery in Wiltshire and the special view it takes in calming as many patient anxieties as possible, is exemplary. Their Carers’ Clinic emphasises this and it really helped us so much:
First you meet the lovely new nurse, for a health check over; they immediately put you at ease before you have a chat with the kind and charming support worker from Carer Support Wiltshire, a charity backed by Wiltshire Council and one which is very pro-active and genuinely caring, with many more ways to advise and help look after carers than you would ever imagine. Finally you meet the the Surgery’s Health Trainer and they honestly could not do enough to help us with expert advice on everything to do with healthy eating, keeping fit and changing your life style if need be.
Like Emily and myself, you are sure to be impressed!
The Hindon Surgery Carers’ Clinic was a terrific and very worthwhile experience which really opened up our eyes to the many ways the NHS, the Surgery, Charity and Wiltshire Council are genuinely trying to help carers, as well as support the way in which loved ones themselves are cared for.
We both know that if it had not been for the terrific treatment and the speedy efficient way our illnesses have been looked after by Hindon Surgery, I would probably have been dead and Emily would be blind.
From the bottom of our hearts - Thank you for all your help!“

Emily & Paul Wilkins

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Hindon Surgery replied on 10 May 2016

Thank you for this very kind comment. Hindon surgery wants to help our carers as much as possible and work with Wiltshire Carers Support, Wiltshire County Council (health trainers) and the local community team and other local organisations to achieve this. There is a section for carers on the surgery website ( www.hindonsurgery.co.uk ). If you are a carer please let us know and tell us about anything we can do to make it easier for you to access health care from the surgery (like having appointments at certain times). Emily and Paul came to one of our carers clinics which we hold twice a year. Our new practice nurse (Bernadette Watson) does a medical check-up, makes sure you are doing all the preventative things to keep yourself well (like having an annual free 'flu jab) and has lots of information about local and national services and advice on health care planning. Someone from Wiltshire Carer Support spends time telling you about how they can help and a Health Trainer gives you advice on lifestyle that helps keep you healthy. We try and invite carers who have not been to a previous clinic. If you have any advice to help us be even more helpful please let us know.

Mark and Sadie Lott gave Hindon Surgery a rating of 5 stars

excellent service

We have been with the Hindon surgery for the past six years.
During this time we have always found them to be totally professional, friendly, thorough, respectful, truthful and quick acting in their approach to our health needs especially when I had Cancer. They are a credit to the NHS .

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 10 January 2016

Hindon Surgery replied on 11 February 2016

Thank you for this kind comment.

One of our priority areas is the care of patients with cancer. Unfortunately cancer is becoming more common but most of our patients have been diagnosed early, had excellent hospital treatment and are fit and well. Our five year survival for all cancers is almost 80% (UK average is just over 50%). We feel this is because our patients know about worrying symptoms and come and see us early and we are getting better at making an earlier diagnosis. Our patients also attend screening tests when invited and generally have good lifestyles that reduce cancer risk. The most important being to not smoke and our rate of around 14% is below the national average of over 20%. We are very keen to help patients with advice on lifestyle and how they can reduce their risk of cancer and other long term conditions. Our nurses do much of this and we can refer to other services like weight reduction, exercise and health trainers provided by the Wiltshire CCG or Council.

As we are some way from any hospital we are very happy to work with the specialists to do whatever we can for our patients - like blood tests or monitoring cancers once the initial treatmnent is completed. We also have an excellent community nursing and palliative care team that we work closely with should a cancer become advanced and are able to provide end of life care in our patients' location of choice.

Anonymous gave Hindon Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Hindon surgery review

I would just like to state what a marvellous surgery they run and how happy I (and my family) are to be patients. All the staff are fantastic, polite and friendly, and the doctors without fail are good listeners who respond with compassion and intelligence. We are always seen in a timely manner and the doctors are happy to discuss the bigger picture in terms of why certain vaccines (for example) are given above and beyond simply saying it's a government mandate. Happy to recommend Hindon Surgery.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 09 February 2016

Hindon Surgery replied on 11 February 2016

Thank you - this comment has been passed on to all the staff. It is what we as the GPs try and achieve and what we also think about our staff and this endorsement is very gratifying. We try to provide a service that we would like to have ourselves and for our family and do do so as a partnership with our patients.

We aim to see any patient for any problem on the day of their request and in the past year have increased the number of GP surgeries from eight to ten with two extra sessions for patients with complex problems. We also run eight 'never-full' surgeries at the end of the normal sessions (at 1130 every morning and 1700 three afternoons a week) where anyone ringing that day finding the normal surgery fully booked can come and be seen (for as long as they need). There are also three extended hours surgeries between 1830 and 1900 for working patients.

In April we are increasing the amount of practice nurse time as well so the treatement room can be open every morning and four afternoons a week (we also provide a minor injuries service). Our nurses will start doing some home visiting to patients just home after a hospital stay and routine preventative visits to the housebound. They are already doing a lot of preventative work for patients able to come to the surgery and we will be extending this into the comunity and helping take the load off the district nursing team.

Thank you again for recommending Hindon Surgery.