Three Villages Medical Practice

01384322501 Stourbridge Health And Social Care Centre, John Corbett Drive , Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 4JB

Wonderful Practise

Simply the best practice I have ever belonged to. Staff are kind, helpful and go out of their way to help. Appointments are available when needed.

I have always been encouraged to be completely involved in decision making and have been supported fully when I have needed help to make a decision.

The reception and admin staff deserve a special mention. It is rare a practice reception team is so helpful, friendly and good humoured.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Martin Davies gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

bad appointments and availability of a regular Dr

Having had problems with some GPs in the practice I have had to give my consultants direct instructions to be very directive and specific with the actions they require the GP to take on my medical care. This is because I have found GPs marking consultants letters that require actions as 'no action required'.

The closest a male Patient can get to any prime lead on urology is the Gynacology lead GP. Fortunately they have been excellent but accessing their expertise is very difficult.

How a Practice can be in such a mess and yet still say they are taking new patients onto the books in this app is rediculous.
Appointments are impossible beyond four weeks because rota management is poor. And yet they can tell you a Dr will have one emergency appointment vacancy on x date, which was in two weeks and one days time.
It feels like patient access to a Dr is the last thing on the mind of this practice unless you go for a stranger who has no idea of your history or how you work with your regular practice GP to keep your medical conditions under control and you still in employment. They will happily leave employed patients stuck with catheters fitted because they can't get to see a urologist, when the catheter needs to be removed sooner rather than later a trying to access preventative training out of these GPs is appalling.

Antibiotics given to patients need monitoring, too often urology issues remain unresolved because GPs scrimp. Any old time GP will resite the need for a months worth of a medication to fully flush the systems out whilst healing takes place yet this has become a consultants level of decision??!! What a waste of a consultants time.

Some new GPs are displaying a God complex and need taking down a peg or two. Others show an incapacity to assimilate a two minute summary of a patient they have never met before without flapping and throwing the 10 minute appointment statement in the patients face then wonder why patients have zero trust and respect for them.

It is good to see a better patient scoring system in place unlike the first years in the SHSC where receptionists gave score sheets out to friendly old regulars and new patients who hadn't even used the practice to score before seeing the GP.

Given GP salaries start in the region of some £80K upwards pro rata I would expect better quality employees of this partnership.
Dr's appear ignorant of who and where (which hospitals) can provide NHS Service these days such as private hospitals subcontracting an NHS list service to supplement the main hospitals.

It feels like the practice has focused on playing the numbers game not quality in their GP hiring.

Over 25% of the GPs that I have accessed I will never use again!!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Amrit gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to all Gps + staff at 3 villages GP surgery

my 6 year old son was very unwell with sickness and diarrhea, going to toilet every hour.
I was quiet worried and rang my GP surgery, the receptionist kindly booked him for emergency (urgent call) with duty doctor.
The duty doctor was very helpful and gave me excellent advice which was very re-assuring. As my son was loosing too much fluids, they arranged for another call in the evening.

The evening duty Doctor rang twice to make sure my son was on the mend.
Another call was received in the morning to check that my son was not dehydrated and his waterworks were fine.

I am very grateful to the entire team at Three Villages Medical Center.
Each and every one of you is doing an outstanding job.
Thank you so much for the care you provide ongoing.

I work in 2 Gp surgeries my self and i do understand the amount of work.
But you all went above and beyond to demonstrate excellent patient care.
Thank you again. I am so glad that my family and i are registered as patients here.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 18 August 2017

Liz Cormell gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Poor ongoing care for a long term illness

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is managed by an excellent specialist at Russell's Hall. I repeatedly have to fight this surgery, and its operating procedures, to gain the medication this specialist recommends. One medication a GP at this surgery refused to give me so I had to travel to the hospital every time to receive it. Every month there is something missing from my repeat prescription request and I have to make repeated phone calls to chase it up. I have even missed treatments due to having run out of medication despite requesting the repeat prescription a week in advance of running out.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 19 August 2017

Great Doctors

I receive to lots of medication through repeat prescriptions sometimes having to see a doctor to check on my continued well being. I have no complaints with any of the doctors or reception staff, even though it is a very busy surgery with a little planning I have no problems seeing someone and always receive good advice. Love the investment in technology to make life easy, from checking in at appointments to ordering new prescriptions.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

1st class Surgery

I had no problem getting an on the day appointment the receptionist was very pleasant.In fact I never have had any problems with the staff or getting through to the surgery at any time of the day. Patient access and online booking system are also very good. The doctor I saw too was very helpful and professional, all I will say from reading the previous negative comments if you are not satisfied change doctors but 10 out of 10 from me

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017

Neil gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

First time to the doctors in years. Easy on screen self booking system. Short waiting time during school holidays and peak time. Great service from doctor very professional. Easy access for prescription.

Overall extremely happy! Recommend to all.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017

TinaP gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Going above and beyond

I called one Friday morning and was desperate for an appt, unbeknown to me that whilst on hold to book an appt all the system 'went down'! After waiting 45mins on the phone I was disconnected, so I jumped in the car and went up to the Wollaston branch to book in person.
On arrival, I was informed by the receptionist that indeed the computers and telephony had all gone down. The receptionist could see I was quite distressed and used their personal mobile to contact SHCC to see what they could arrange. I waited in waiting room for about 5 mins when the receptionist came back in and advised me that the doctor would see me straight away but to be aware that they wouldn't have any of my medical hx.
On greeting the Dr and explaining what was going on, I was given a thorough examination and was then advised that sthe doctor thought I ought to go to hospital. I was asked to wait in the waiting room again whilst sthe doctor called ahead to speak to the orthopaedics Team to save me waiting around in ED. I was greeted again by the receptionist who came across as very caring and compassionate whilst trying to put me at ease whilst I waited for the Dr to bring my letter.
It's true, you can't always get an appt on the same day, but nine times out of ten those receptionists work damn hard to help you out. I'm always pleasant on the phone and never rude as at the end of the day the receptionists are not personally trying to prevent you seeing a Dr!
From personal experience with this practice, I feel like I've been treated extremely well and from my extensive back problems I can put my hand on my heart and state that the doctor went above and beyond their call of duty on more than one occasion and for that alone I am truly thankful.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Three Villages Medical Practice replied on 15 August 2017

Thank you for your very kind comments and for taking the time to add them to the NHS Choices site.

It is always nice to know that our staff are appreciated and likewise that they do also go over and above to provide a high level of care and service to our patients. I will ensure that this feedback is circulated around the whole practice.

With many thanks.

Natalie Smith gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Awful doctors surgery.

Awful surgery. You can never get an appointment when you want, the staff answering the phones are abrupt and rude; always in a hurry to get you off the phone. If they are that unhappy in their job, go and get a new one so I can speak to a pleasant voice, and someone who actually wants to be there. Whenever I have visited in the past (mostly with my son, whom was finally disgnosed with phneumonia after visiting this surgery 8 times and being told he had a viral infection and being made out to be some kind of neurotic mother and after me demanding an xray on his chest when it previously was declined, I am just happy I used my own instincts as Mother knows best, always, as this could have been a much more serious outcome. anyway!!!!) Back to my point, you are left waiting atleast 15 mins after your appointment slot everytime.

Think twice before signing up to this surgery. You can never get an appointment. Staff are rude. And if you have a child, be prepared for everything to be a viral infection. I hate visiting here.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Three Villages Medical Practice replied on 15 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are aware that at times it can be difficult for patients to get an appointment at a time that is suitable for them and are looking at ways of addressing this issue. One way that patients can have a better choice of booking an appointment to suit their needs is by registering for on-line patient access which is easy to do and gives you the advantage of being able to book an appointment when it suits their needs.

We are sorry that you feel that the Reception staff come across as being rude and unhelpful. We do encourage our receptionists to obtain as much information as they can before booking an appointment to ensure that patients are signposted in the right direction. We do not intend for patients to feel that the reception staff are being rude.

We acknowledge that at times the doctors do run late particularly if they have had to deal with an emergency or a previous patient has asked raised more than one ailment during their consultation time. We do encourage patients to only raise one issue per 10 minute appointment and if patients feel that longer is needed would always suggest that they book a double appointment.

Should you be unsatisfied with the particular care that your son has received please do feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss and look into any particular issues that have.

Corinne Wood
Practice Business Manager

Anonymous gave Three Villages Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful

Agree with all the comments about appointments... never been able to get an appointment less that a week from when I first called, despite calling at 8 every day and sitting on hold for 30 minutes like they suggest. This time the first available slot was a phone call from a doctor two weeks later. Heaven knows when next available appointment was!

Reception staff are blunt, unhelpful and seem to think they themselves are doctors.

I've given up before actually seeing a doctor here in a lot of cases but when I do it seems to be hit and miss. Some are very, very good others a little patronising and gave advice contradicting later advice I had from specialists.

Overall a dreadful surgery and I'm desperately trying to find another I can register with... strongly recommend others do the same!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Three Villages Medical Practice replied on 06 April 2017

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced in trying to get an appointment. We acknowledge that at times it is difficult to get through on the telephone and as an alternative would recommend that you register for on-line patient access. Many of our patients that do use this service say that it is easy to use and gives them the flexibility and choice of being able to chose a specific timed appointment that suits them. I would encourage anyone that has access to a computer or smart-phone to register for this service.

In respect of your comments in relation to the staff at the Practice, I am sorry that you feel this way. When speaking to patients on the telephone, especially those requesting either an urgent appointment or home visit, our receptionists are encouraged to gain as much information as they can to ensure that the patient is signposted in the right direction and ultimately receives the correct care that they need. Likewise I am sorry that you feel that the treatment you have received from some of the doctors has been, as you describe 'hit and miss'. We will take on board your comments regarding staff and look to improve on this.

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of these issues.