The South Lambeth Road Practice

02076221923 1 Selway House, 272 South Lambeth Road , London, Greater London, SW8 1UL

Good care

So far I've had about 10 appointments at this clinic. I've been using their services for more than 4 years now.
They've always been professional, knowledgeable and respectful and I think I've received quality care here. Only on rare occasions has my appointment been delayed and, on the flip side, only rarely has my appointment been rushed, which is fine all things considered.
To the nurses, receptionists and doctors at the clinic: I thank you for being there, thank you for your dedication. I believe in the NHS.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 24 September 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 28 September 2018

A big thank you to this patient from all the staff for these kind comments. Brian Douglass. Practice Manager.

Ej gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

I have been with this surgery for around 30 yrs and overall have been happy only problem is trying to get appointment fully aware that it’s a busy practice as patients from other surgery’s go there when they can’t get seen by their own GP ! But to have be on the phone for over 30 mins and to be cut off twice then to be ask by receptionist what my problem was and that it a phone triage and that a doctor will call back WHEN ! Was not told how long I would have to wait and In all fairness I don’t want to be telling someone over the phone my medical issues that is why I wanted an appointment the only time I can attempt to get appointments is on my day off but it seems to be near impossible to do this now .

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 22 August 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 04 September 2018

I am sorry that this patient had such difficulties on this particular day. We always endeavour to answer the phone in a timely way and faults with our phone lines have greatly reduced since we recently had a new digital phone system upgrade. On some days we are trying to improve our appointment system further with the introduction of extra telephone consultations with one of our Senior doctors. This has generally been very positively received and has allowed us to offer a high number of same day appointments for our patients. Our receptionists should give an indication of what time the patient can expect a call back from the doctor and have been trained to ask sensitively what the consultation is about. This helps ensure the patient gets an appointment with the correct clinician. Of course, a patient is perfectly entitled not to disclose this information and if that’s the case the doctor calling back will do so with no prior information, which is fine. This patient could also benefit from our on-line service as they would be able to book appointments in advance with a doctor or nurse and could choose this to be on one of their days off.

Dean Burnell gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

Excellent. Worth the delay if appointments overrun.

The practice appears to be well run and facilities including public toilet is good. Seats a little uncomfortable - more for kids than adults they are quite small.
I have probably seen 5 different GP[s here at South Lambeth. Only one that I wasn't as impressed with. Seeming in a hurry to move you along. The others have all been very good, attentive, respectful and very open in discussing things with me and making me feel involved. One doctor is particularly excellent. She is down to earth, thorough and very warm in her manner. She is efficient when it comes to booking future appointments with hospital specialists and genuinely seems to care about her patients, I am impressed on how she obviously reads her notes about previous visits and you feel that you are not just a number.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 11 June 2018

A big thank you to this patient for these kind and constructive comments. We know we're not perfect but we will keep on trying. Sorry about the uncomfortable seats and the 'hurried' doctor. No excuse but, that doctor may have been a locum or just running late that day.

Anonymous gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

No concern for the patient.

I was given urgent appoitment and had to miss work and travel 40 minutes to get there. When I arrived, I was told the appointment was cancelled because they doctor hadn’t turned up. They had not bothered to notify me before hand. The receptionist made no apology and no effort to help me, even though I was in considerable pain.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 05 April 2018

I'm so sorry this patient was inconvenienced and received no apology at the time. We normally do apologise to all patients when a situation like this occurs. Unfortunately, at short notice, a doctor was taken ill that day and all of her appointments had to be cancelled or re-arranged. We believe we know the patient in question. We did endeavour to contact as many patients as possible to stop them having wasted journeys. Sadly it would appear that we could not contact this particular patient in time. However, I am pleased to say that the patient was seen the next day. Brian Douglass Practice Manager.

Lyndall gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

I have been a Patient of this Brilliant practice for several years and have always been treated with Respect and kindness. When I moved I decided to stay with this wonderful team of Doctors, Nurses and Staff. They are always willing and helpful and thorough at their work.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 07 March 2018

Friendly professional staff

Had a very positive experience at the clinic. Staff were friendly and professional.
Receptionist went out of her way to assist me with my appointment despite me running late which she didn’t have to do but it was really appreciated.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 17 February 2018

Anonymous gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great service and pleasant doctor

I visited today the surgery and the doctor was very pleasant and super helpful. The appointment was super in time. I’m very happy!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 February 2018

UNHAPPY

Receptionists are the patients first connection with the practice. They are very cold and at times rude. I felt as though I was inconvieniencing them.

On the latest occasion I took a repeat prescription into the doctors from St Thomas. It took three days to finally be sorted. I phoned there for two days running with different excuses as to why it was not handed to th he chemist.

They do not seem to be very thorough and abit too laid back.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 20 February 2018

I'm very sorry this patient is not happy with our service. We always try to be polite and professional. Our practice policy with prescriptions is to deal with them within 2 working days. This is sometimes difficult with hospital prescriptions as the instructions are frequently unclear. Judging from the patients comments above and the fact that it took 3 days to sort out the matter, this must have been the case on this occasion. Brian Douglass, Practice Manager.

Appointment was 3 hours later than scheduled, no information

I waited for 3 hours without any information, the doctor was running so late. I then finally had an appointment and the doctor prescribed me medicine that no longer exists. So i had to go back, but I just couldn't bare to wait another 3 hours. It's like a 3rd world country at that practice.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 29 January 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 30 January 2018

No doctor or nurse has ever run that late and, in normal circumstances, we nearly always keep patients informed when this does occur. I invite this patient to come in and see me and we can discuss these issues. Brian Douglass, Practice Manager.

Poor reception staff

This surgery has very unhelpful reception staff who made signing up to the surgery an unpleasant experience.

I approached the reception and had to wait for the reception staff to finish what was clearly their non-work related personal conversation before they greeted me. One particular member of the reception staff who dealt with my query was rude and reticent. I asked if I could sign up and that I needed to book an appointment with a doctor. They waited till I had completed a three page form before telling me that it takes them a week at least to process your registration application before you can be considered for booking an appointment. I was then informed that they will not treat you as a temporary patient in the interim period or take walk-ins. I had also tried to call in advance and did not get through.

I am very disappointed to be treated with this kind of attitude and poor communication. I am well aware that the NHS is busy and over stretched but if the staff had chosen to greet me professionally and communicate key pieces of information about processing registrations I would have felt treated better, not wasted their time and received the care I needed. More importantly when people visit their GP they may well be vulnerable. Treating patients as I was could mean people are put off from seeking care and don't receive it. Reception staff need to be aware that they are crucial to a GP's service.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 19 December 2017

I am very surprised that this has happened, following fairly recent changes in reception staff personnel and training. There are some procedural inaccuracies mentioned in this patient's comment but I would like to apologise to them and would invite them to contact me so that we can discuss this further. Brian Douglass. Practice manager