The South Lambeth Road Practice

02076221923 1 Selway House, 272 South Lambeth Road , London, Greater London, SW8 1UL

Jar gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

We have been coming to the GP all my life but I just want to say that after a very delicate incident today that two staff members helped us so much. They were very discreet and had so much dignity with how they helped us. Thank you both. We really appreciated your efforts today.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Anonymous gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

'new phone appointments' apparently

So apparently there is a new method of appointments at this GP, which the GP forgot to inform their patients about, apparently now pretty much every other day of the week this general practice only takes phone appointments? This was very inconvenient to me as i had work the whole afternoon and needed to speak to a doctor urgently. I have been with this practice since 2008, and since 2008 new receptionist staff have come and gone, however, it seems maybe, at this practice all the receptionists must be trained to be completely arrogant and rude towards the patients, as this has been the case for last 10 years. It always seems like I am bothering the receptionists when I need to speak to them. Furthermore, lets not forget about the fact that you have to be calling non-stop from 8am in order to get an appointment, and God forbid you call any later than 8:40, as you will not have any appointments on that day.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 15 January 2019

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 24 January 2019

I’m sorry this patient was not aware of our new appointment system. We have several signs displayed around the surgery announcing the change and the system is regularly discussed with patients by our reception staff. We have included this in our telephone answer message and are also updating our new website with this information. It has been generally well received by our patients as it has contributed to more appointments being available and we can use our face to face appointments for patients that need them the most.

A patient will be given an appointment on the day if necessary, once the doctor has spoken to them on the telephone. We don’t believe our reception staff are arrogant or rude

I am happy to meet this patient to discuss their issues in person and explain the system more fully, if necessary. I would suggest that perhaps this patient would benefit from applying to be an on-line patient if possible, as this would give them the option of booking an appointment with a doctor or nurse in advance. Brian Douglass. Practice Manager.

Good care

So far I've had about 10 appointments at this clinic. I've been using their services for more than 4 years now.
They've always been professional, knowledgeable and respectful and I think I've received quality care here. Only on rare occasions has my appointment been delayed and, on the flip side, only rarely has my appointment been rushed, which is fine all things considered.
To the nurses, receptionists and doctors at the clinic: I thank you for being there, thank you for your dedication. I believe in the NHS.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 24 September 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 28 September 2018

A big thank you to this patient from all the staff for these kind comments. Brian Douglass. Practice Manager.

Kate Garratt gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

I have been a patient at this surgery for over 30 years and have rarely had cause for complaint. Sadly everything seems to have gone wrong just when I need care and support the most. Diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer (Guys Cancer Care) 18 months ago, the surgery have been great providing the various drugs I have needed to treat the condition. However a request from my Nurse Specialist at Guys for a different pain relief was dealt with by your pharmacist who consulted a GP (evidentally not the one I normally see and have been seeing for some years) and the request was refused and referred back to the Nurse Specialist. I will now probably have to use Palliative (a word I am allergic to!) Care at Guys, so disappointing as I had hoped that I could continue working with the GP. I feel as if I've been handed over as an incurable and that's not a nice feeling at a time when cancer is beginning to be seen more as a chronic disease than a life sentence.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 29 April 2019

Ej gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

I have been with this surgery for around 30 yrs and overall have been happy only problem is trying to get appointment fully aware that it’s a busy practice as patients from other surgery’s go there when they can’t get seen by their own GP ! But to have be on the phone for over 30 mins and to be cut off twice then to be ask by receptionist what my problem was and that it a phone triage and that a doctor will call back WHEN ! Was not told how long I would have to wait and In all fairness I don’t want to be telling someone over the phone my medical issues that is why I wanted an appointment the only time I can attempt to get appointments is on my day off but it seems to be near impossible to do this now .

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 22 August 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 04 September 2018

I am sorry that this patient had such difficulties on this particular day. We always endeavour to answer the phone in a timely way and faults with our phone lines have greatly reduced since we recently had a new digital phone system upgrade. On some days we are trying to improve our appointment system further with the introduction of extra telephone consultations with one of our Senior doctors. This has generally been very positively received and has allowed us to offer a high number of same day appointments for our patients. Our receptionists should give an indication of what time the patient can expect a call back from the doctor and have been trained to ask sensitively what the consultation is about. This helps ensure the patient gets an appointment with the correct clinician. Of course, a patient is perfectly entitled not to disclose this information and if that’s the case the doctor calling back will do so with no prior information, which is fine. This patient could also benefit from our on-line service as they would be able to book appointments in advance with a doctor or nurse and could choose this to be on one of their days off.

Dean Burnell gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

Excellent. Worth the delay if appointments overrun.

The practice appears to be well run and facilities including public toilet is good. Seats a little uncomfortable - more for kids than adults they are quite small.
I have probably seen 5 different GP[s here at South Lambeth. Only one that I wasn't as impressed with. Seeming in a hurry to move you along. The others have all been very good, attentive, respectful and very open in discussing things with me and making me feel involved. One doctor is particularly excellent. She is down to earth, thorough and very warm in her manner. She is efficient when it comes to booking future appointments with hospital specialists and genuinely seems to care about her patients, I am impressed on how she obviously reads her notes about previous visits and you feel that you are not just a number.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 11 June 2018

A big thank you to this patient for these kind and constructive comments. We know we're not perfect but we will keep on trying. Sorry about the uncomfortable seats and the 'hurried' doctor. No excuse but, that doctor may have been a locum or just running late that day.

Anonymous gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

No concern for the patient.

I was given urgent appoitment and had to miss work and travel 40 minutes to get there. When I arrived, I was told the appointment was cancelled because they doctor hadn’t turned up. They had not bothered to notify me before hand. The receptionist made no apology and no effort to help me, even though I was in considerable pain.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

The South Lambeth Road Practice replied on 05 April 2018

I'm so sorry this patient was inconvenienced and received no apology at the time. We normally do apologise to all patients when a situation like this occurs. Unfortunately, at short notice, a doctor was taken ill that day and all of her appointments had to be cancelled or re-arranged. We believe we know the patient in question. We did endeavour to contact as many patients as possible to stop them having wasted journeys. Sadly it would appear that we could not contact this particular patient in time. However, I am pleased to say that the patient was seen the next day. Brian Douglass Practice Manager.

Lyndall gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

I have been a Patient of this Brilliant practice for several years and have always been treated with Respect and kindness. When I moved I decided to stay with this wonderful team of Doctors, Nurses and Staff. They are always willing and helpful and thorough at their work.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 07 March 2018

Friendly professional staff

Had a very positive experience at the clinic. Staff were friendly and professional.
Receptionist went out of her way to assist me with my appointment despite me running late which she didn’t have to do but it was really appreciated.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 17 February 2018

Anonymous gave The South Lambeth Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great service and pleasant doctor

I visited today the surgery and the doctor was very pleasant and super helpful. The appointment was super in time. I’m very happy!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 February 2018