Park Green Surgery

01625429555 Sunderland Street , Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6JL

Derek gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

IMacclesfield's Best GP Practice?

My family and I moved to Macclesfield in the 1980s, and we have all had to visit our GP practice many times over the last thirty odd years. The receptionists are friendly and helpful, and we feel that the GPs know what they are doing and explain about the treatment they prescribe.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 23 December 2017

Anonymous gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Helpful receptionist, doctors provide fantastic care

We have been with this practice for appx 15 years, and this doctors surgery offer the most amazing care for my disabled son, and our whole family.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

J.Thorpe gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Practice

I have been with this practice for 20+ years and the reception team have always been professional and helpful. I have always been able to get an appointment when I needed one and I have always found the Doctors to be very committed to patient care and extremely professional. A wonderful practice.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 17 March 2017

Joan Gaddas gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great GP

We have recently moved to the south east after being registered with the practice for 14 years. I have had nothing but great service from any GP i have seen. I usually saw a doctor in relation to a long standing condition and they always treated me with respect, as an intelligent adult, and involved me in any decision making about my treatment. I hope we are as well treated in the new practice!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Anonymous gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great medical practice, we are lucky to have them.

I and my family have been patients for many years, my elderly relatives have always been treated with kindness and respect. For myself I think myself lucky to have access to such superb doctors.
My only worry is that I'm finding increasingly difficult to see my favoured doctor, they are obviously very popular! But I've always been able to get an appointment on the day if the problem is urgent.
Well done to all the staff for five star service.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

dav3yboy79 reviewed Park Green Surgery

Receptionist is aweful!!

I have been registered at this surgery since before i can remember, even when it actually was on Park Green. I am now 36 years old and am seriously looking to moving surgeries. I know nothing will happen from this review but at least i have a chance to vent some frustration regarding the receptionists, or in particular one of them
Every time i ring for an appointment i am asked what the medial problem is, i do not wish to discuss this with a receptionist. I get told that appointments cannot be made more than 2 weeks in advance but no appointments available that week?
This particular receptionist is rude on the phone, dismissive and generally doesn't look like they enjoy their public facing profession.
My children are registered with another surgery because of my frustrations and i am finally going to move on...

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 31 May 2016

Park Green Surgery replied on 06 June 2016

I am sorry you have had a sub-optimal experience on more than one occasion with our receptionists. They are trained for the demanding role they have as first point of contact with our service and we do endeavor to make this as professional as possible.
We have asked them to enquire what type of problem you have to aid assessment of urgency and also to triage you to the most appropriate member within our team. Often a Practice Nurse may be able to help you and their appointments are more available than the doctors.
If a patient doesn't want to reveal details they are trained to respect privacy and confidentiality.

Contrary to your expectations that nothing will come of this review, we will be discussing it at our next staff meeting and reviewing professionalism at the front desk. Equally we would be more than happy to discuss this with you face to face if you contact our Practice Manager Trudy Roberts.

Pressure on appointments for GP's is a national problem at the moment due to unprecedented demand and limited resources and locally we are looking to address this through a locally agreed Caring Together Contract which is looking at new ways of delivering care in the future. You might like to have a look at their website for more information about this .

Matt gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Tried to register - unhelpful staff

Having recently moved into the area i tried to register with this surgery. I did the pre-registering online thinking this might speed things up. A couple of days later i then went into the surgery with my ID. I was told that unfortunately they couldn't print off my forms "because the person who normally does this isn't in". I said, surely someone else might be able to print them off and got a terse reply "no they're the only one who can do it".
The receptionists were dismissive, thoroughly unhelpful and frankly rather rude. I suggest you learn to do the basics like print off online forms.
It's put me off registering with this doctor.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Park Green Surgery replied on 16 March 2016

We pride ourselves on our experienced , and well trained staff and we have met the rigorous standards of the Investor In People award and the Customer Service Excellence Award where customer service features highly.
We are sorry if you felt your experience fell below our usually high standard of professionalism.'

Eileen Roddy gave Park Green Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Blood pressure diagnosis

The lack of support for blood pressure checking for a professional based in Manchester is very poor indeed - there is no point requesting a weekly reading with no late appointments.
The reception staff are particularly unhelpful and seem to resent professionally based requests.
Feedback for my February hospital retina tests is not yet provided.
I am changing practice because of this.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 03 March 2016

Park Green Surgery replied on 16 March 2016

'We are sorry to hear that you felt unsupported in the management of your high blood pressure and the practical difficulties you faced in getting the required measurements done.

If we are aware of such difficulties we can give BP monitors to patients on short term loan or alternatively they can be purchased nowadays from most chemists . This means that 'home readings' can then be discussed on the telephone with your doctor and a management plan formulated thus negating the need to attend in person.

The surgery is open from 8 -6.30 pm Mon to Fri and doctors appointments are available from 8.40 to 17.40 and Practice Nurses appointments are 8am to 6pm. We also have a Hypertention specialist Nurse
We also provide some telephone consultations morning and afternoon with Doctors and Nurses although not all problems can be dealt with in this way.