Colville Health Centre

02077274592 51 Kensington Park Road , London, Greater London, W11 1PA

Efficient and Helpful

My daughter who had recently moved back temporarily needed to be registered quickly as she needed a repeat prescription. As she works unsocial hours I had to contact the surgery on her behalf. The receptionist was helpful and understanding and registered her that day. My daughter tells me that when she rang up to speak with a doctor she received excellent and helpful service from both the reception and the doctor and the prescription was ready the following morning which I collected for her. I have had occasion myself to use the telephone service a couple of times in the last year and I also have found that service efficient and effective, saving both myself and the time of doctors allowing more time to see more serious cases.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 23 March 2018

Colville Health Centre has not yet replied.

Ani Gigorian gave Colville Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

45 minutes waiting time

I have visited the Colville Clinic twice in the past 6 months and both times I was made to wait for over 40 minutes without anyone giving me any explanation as to the reason for the wait. Today, after a 45 minute wait I was told by a doctor (after I prompted them for an explanation) that they had an emergency they had to deal with, which was speaking to coroners for a patient. I am not sure why this is more urgent than my case, especially if it is not a life or death situation any longer. In any case, I was very stressed as I was late for meetings in a very demanding job while 7 months pregnant. I am unhappy, as I was not given an explanation as to the wait while I was waiting at the reception. The doctor should have taken a minute to come out and explain why I was waiting. I asked the receptionist 4 times and they had no answer. In summary, appalling service and extremely stressful, something one doesn't need when visiting a doctor, given the million other causes of stress in life one needs to deal with.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 16 November 2017

Dear Ani, please accept our sincere apologies for having to wait for over 40 minutes twice in the past 6 months and we agree that it is unacceptable. There are several reasons the doctor surgery can run late and liaising with other health care professionals such as the Coroner can be one of the reason as we are sometime restricted to their time availability. This is regrettable and we do try to organise these types of discussion to non surgery time but it is not always possible. The discussion yesterday took longer than the doctor was expecting. The doctor deeply apologises for the stress caused by the waiting time yesterday and we are in an agreement that some explanation to you would have been appropriate. We have discussed with the receptionist and will endeavour to notify patients if the doctor is running late.

Anonymous reviewed Colville Health Centre

I have been delighted with my treatment

Since I have been coming to the Colville Health Centre I have been delighted with my treatment. My doctor is wonderful at explaining treatment but when they have not been here and I have seen one of the other doctors they have all been similar in their attentions to me. The phone help is also really good and the reception staff are very polite and never intrusive. I would recommend this practice at the best I have ever been to and I would add that I had been to some other practices in this area before I came here.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 15 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is much apprecaited.

Mahendra Wijetunge reviewed Colville Health Centre

Access to a doctor not possible. Appear to be ignorant of IBS

Have found it impossible to secure a face to face appointment with designated doctor. I suffer from Irritable Bladder Syndrome. My Doctor appear to be quite ignorant of available treatments for this condition. I experienced the need to Void my bladder very frequently some 25 years ago. For this condition i have had 2-episodes of TURP, Augmentation Cystoplasty, 4 episodes of Botox at UCHL. UCH was happy to keep on offering me Botox annually in spite of my stating that benefit to me was practically nil, hence suggested an alternative course of available treatments. In response the consultant urologist, after Urodynamic tests suggested Artificial Urinary Sphincter was the best option. I was sceptical. I made discreet inquiries and discovered that almost all who underwent this procedure experienced extreme pain/ discomfort accompanied with bleeding. I was sceptical because i was able to control my sphincter function as i was able to hold on without leakage for up to 20 to 25 minutes after experiencing urge incontinence.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 15 March 2018

Dear Patient, I am sorry that you are unhappy with your experience. I would be grateful if you would contact me on 0207 727 4592 so that I can discuss your concerns further. We are grateful for any feedback that we receive to help us to improve our services.

Anonymous gave Colville Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thank goodness for the new triage system

Following a recent visit with you at the health centre, I am writing to offer a little feedback.
Thank goodness for the new triage system that meant I was able to make an urgent appointment and see you, all within less than an hour, last week. The efficiency of the system, not to mention the excellent consultation with you, and your decision to send me immediately to hospital, got me the urgent care I needed.
The reason for the note is that, in my experience, trying to make an appointment before the triage system was in place, no matter how urgent, was a painful, painful exercise, usually impossible to achieve. I am not sure what would have happened to me last Friday if the surgery had still been working to old methods.
Before the new system, on the various occasions I called to arrange to see a doctor, I wasn’t just met with – honestly – utter fury, but barriers, every which way – mostly, I was angrily told to call back but when I did, I was just told to call back again. If I were very lucky I’d offered an appointment days, or weeks away. I usually abandoned any attempt to see a GP. One particular occasion springs to mind: I remember, literally, begging to come in to discuss (and discover) test results for an ear infection following the doctor’s advice to do so. It was all made to seem so difficult, just to book in for a non-urgent appointment, that I had to hang up. I still don’t know those test results.
And so, you can imagine, it’s such a relief to know that everyone has access to a doctor again. I think the new system will please patients who are bound to have had experiences similar to mine. But most crucially, this all allows urgent cases to be given priority while non-urgent receive reassurance over the phone. It absolutely works.
Thank you again for your care and expertise.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 15 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is much apprecaited.

Anonymous gave Colville Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

Doctor response

Still not able to book an appointment online as stated in blurb. Phoned in the morning and was promised call back in the morning. No call back happened in the morning. Don't go there if you require emergency help. Very poor service.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 June 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 22 June 2017

Dear Patient, I am sorry to hear that you have not been contacted yet. The GPs are still going through their lists and they will contact you. If you have an urgent problem to discuss, please do mention at the time of leaving the message for a GP so the GP can contact you before calling other patients.
As far as online appointments are concerned, all patient appointment requests are triaged by a GP so this facility is not available for the GP appointments but you can book online appointments with the practice nurse and you can request your repeat medications online. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact me on 0207 727 4592. We are grateful for any feedback that we receive to help us to improve our services.

Anonymous gave Colville Health Centre a rating of 2 stars

Delayed referral

My wife was referred to St Mary's 16/5/17 however when I rang st Mary's beginning of June they had not received the referral.
My wife rang the practice & the GP rang back later that day. The GP was quite abrupt and said that they made us aware there would be a wait for an appointment.
The GP confirmed they made the referral and to wait for appointment letter.
I rang st Mary's to check they had received the referral and they had not, I rang back and asked for the referral to be resent and to confirm when this had been done.
I rang st Mary's the next week and they still have not received a referral, I rang GP practice and receptionist told me it's on today's to do list and we would be called to confirm.
Sadly have not heard anything.
I appreciate we have to wait for an appointment at the hospital but for a referral to be delayed by a month is just an unnecessary wait on top of any hospital waiting list.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 20 June 2017

Dear Patient, I am sorry that you are unhappy with your experience of the surgery and I would be grateful if you would contact me on 0207 727 4592 so that I can discuss your concerns further. We are grateful for any feedback that we receive to help us to improve our services.

Anonymous gave Colville Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Clinic and level of care

I have been a patient of this practice for many years and highly recommend it. Despite the funding cuts that have obviously impacted the team there and made making an appointment a slightly longer process, they continue to provide excellent care and treatments.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 23 May 2017

Many thanks for your comment.

Gohar

Genevieve S gave Colville Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Best Doctor ever

After 17 years of being a patient at this surgery, today I met a new doctor. I was at the surgery last week and overheard another patient talked about the doctor. I phoned up this week and requested to see them. From the doctor's initial telephone call to meeting them in surgery, this is 'the" perfect doctor. The doctor listens, asks questions, makes suggestions. The doctor made me feel so comfortable I felt like i was in a private clinic. What i like about the doctor most is their listening skills. From now on I will only request to see this doctor. I need someone who listens to me and treat me with respect, not someone rushing to get me out of there. Well done, doctor. Keep up the hard work.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

Colville Health Centre replied on 23 May 2017

Thank you for your comment. It is very much apprecaited.

memarr reviewed Colville Health Centre

These is by far the worst dr's ever seen

I would not put your health in the hands of this highly inefficient health centre.
I have not come across such ignorant dr's,especially two in particular.
You never see the same dr,mainly due to a high turn over of doc's.they know its rubbish and leave fairly quickly.
Do yourself and health a favour,walk on by,find another medical centre,this place WILL NOT HELP YOU,RATHER THEY WILL HINDER YOUR HEALTH
Worst dr's i ever come across in London..

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017