Becontree Medical Centre

02037473020 641-645 Becontree Avenue , Dagenham, Essex, RM8 3HP

Avoid

Lets just say if you are concerned about your health do not sharethe gp I saw was judgemental did not take my concerns into considerationits like shouting from the roof top to a deaf person.sanity is not important here as patients are judged fobbed off. Better to self medicate than go to them for help. They are time wasters. Had to go do my tests in a private centre but next time I have a health issue I don't think I would want to go there. Btw nhs is not free,we the tax payers contribute to it. I really don't know why we are treated like charity cases or worse. Bottom line avoid avoid avoid.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience . We endeavour to provide a safe , effective ,caring , well lead service that is responsive to peoples needs. I would like to invite you to contact the practice to discuss your concerns. Please contact 020 3747 3020 and speak to the practice manager. Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Mr & Mrs Sophocleous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Mr and Mrs Sophocleous

We have been registered with the Practice for 30 years. We have found the Doctors, Nurses and Staff professional, polite and welcoming which has been consistent throughtout our time with the Surgery. Thank you for your professional care and dedication.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 January 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. We would welcome your feedback through the PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP if you are interested in joining us. Please speak to reception.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

New Patient

I used to go to the Drive Surgery in Ilford but the GP there never gave my needs any importance. I joined Becontree Medical Centre last year and I have had a very positive experience. My GP is very professional and helped me receive immediate help and now I am able to deal with my condition. It is much easier to get appointments here and I love the way the gp put the radio on so your not bored in the waiting room. The receptionists are helpful and the waiting time has never been too long so far.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 10 January 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. The practice is continually recruiting for the PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP and would welcome your input into this. Please speak to reception if you would like to join us.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Some improvements needed

I have been registered at this practice since 2012 (approx.). Reception staff are not all experienced except for one receptionist who is very experienced and understands concerns. The GP's are usually very nice and understand concerns except one or 2 of them who try to rush you out if you have more than 1 symptom. Overall very good. Some improvements needed e.g. introduction of baby clinic, a phlebotomist who can take blood, reception staff not asking what your symptoms are, been given someone else's prescription more than once by reception staff who do not check details correctly, reception staff need to communicate with patients if a GP is running late with appointments. Perhaps a TV in the waiting room. Overall I am satisfied.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 16 November 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us. It enable us to deliver services that suit our patients . We would welcome you to join the PATIENT REGERENCE GROUP , please speak to reception if you are interested.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Good practice.

I seem to only read negative comments on this site. So as a patient I would like to add my positive comment. I have been registered at this practice for 15 years. The staff have gone above and beyond to help me. The receptionists are so friendly always eager to help. The doctors are lovely always having time to listen and explaining clearly in way that I can understand. I want to thank everyone for all the care they have shown me over the past years. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your positive response. Your comments are valuable to us and we would welcome you to join the practice PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP. Please speak to reception.

poor service

My appointment was at 10.30. I've been waiting an hour and 15 minutes. Spoke to receptionist after half hour of waiting to be told I'm next. Receptionist was polite. However an hour later I'm still waiting. Saw the receptionist again only to be told the doctor has left! I've waited an hour and a half to be seen. Absolutely unacceptable and disgusting. Receiptionist confirmed I'm booked in but the doctor just left! Clearly doesn't care about the health of their patients. Don't expect this level of poor service from a professional. I will be changing doctors after this.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 24 October 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

I am sorry to learn of your bad experience. Your feedback and comments are valuable to us in order to continue improving the service we offer the community. I would like to invite you to come and discuss these issues with us. My apologies again for any inconvenience caused to you.

Most unfriendly Surgery I have ever come across

I have recently move to area, and wanted to register with this surgery. I phoned in the morning and asked what documents they required. I was told to bring a photo ID and proof of my residence.
When I arrive there friendly enough member of staff gave me a registration form, but immediately another member of staff made their business to educate me, I can only describe as a hostile manner.
I was told that my driving licence was not good enough. When I told them that I phoned to check what was required and I left the work early to come and register, their response was. “I wasn’t the one told you what to bring”.
This member of staff also suggested that if I get sick I should drive back to Chelmsford or go to A&E.
Unfortunately I felt that they were immensely enjoying making everything as difficult as possible, especially as someone else serving me and there was no reason for them to get involved.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

Becontree Medical Centre has not yet replied.

shinoj gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Pathetic GP

I haven't been through all doctors but i can vouch about the pathetic reception and about admin who is the first point of contact for patients. The team doesn't have a same understating of policies. Unfortunately this GP is Worse from other worst services near our location based on other reviews

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 August 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 24 August 2016

I am sorry to read that you were unhappy when you recently visited the practice.

Please come and talk to us in the surgery so we can understand the difficulties you encountered.

Cant even get through

I have been calling the doctors for a solid 30mins with over 40 attempts and i still have not got through to anyone !!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 06 June 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 12 July 2016

I am sorry that you experienced a problem when trying to contact us. The telephones are manned daily from 8am until 18:30pm.
We would be grateful if you could come and discuss this with us so we can establish if there are any problems with our telephone system.

Jurgita gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Ridiculous "baby" doctor

Saw the wirst childrens doctor in this practice. Asked the doctor to book a blood test for a 6 month baby as she has some symptims that I am worried about, and all they said was "I am not convinced". How can a doctor say that?? Why would I lie about symptoms and put my baby through blood test pain?? How can I convice them to book this for me? This doctor was very rude, laughing whilst I was explaining my baby problems and they were not convinced! I am very upset, and will not be leaving this like this.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 25 April 2016

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your last appointment at the practice.

The practice has a robust complaint system in place , forms can be requested at the reception desk or alternatively should you wish to discuss matters please make an appointment to see the Practice Manager.