Becontree Medical Centre

1. Review titled Impossible to register

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 October 2019

I work from 8:30 to 4:30 so I'm not able to access the 10am-2pm window to re-register. I found this out by arriving at 3pm on a weekday to be told this. I would've been fine if this was the only problem I had faced. I'm now not able to take any more time off work until next year which means I'll have to wait 2 more months to register at the GP. I had taken some time off work before this to register within the time slot, only to be told that the Identification I brought was incorrect. The instructions on the registration form requires one proof of address and photo I'D. With a list of examples. I followed the list and brought my passport and new drivers license with a letter it came with that had my address. Only to be told I needed to bring a utility bill with my address on. As a recent student living at home, I do not pay utility bills so it brings me to a standstill where I also need to find a utility bill according to the receptionist who denied my I'D as sufficient. Now I'm having to wait 2 months for both the time off and to transfer a utility bill to my name so I can re-register. If the reply to this message could give me any other options available to register, I'd be more than happy to follow them. best regards, A returning resident to the area.

Visited August 2019

Replied on 06 November 2019

We are sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced when trying to register with this practice. We are happy to discuss this with you and hopefully resolve any problems. Please speak to the Practice Manager either in person or by telephone who will be able to assist you. Thank you

2. Review titled Good surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 April 2019

I have had good experiences with the surgery. Nothing is perfect but I have always been helped by the GPS nurses and reception staff. I have had quite a few health issues lately and they have done their best to help. I like the on line appointment system. Thanks to all the hard working staff.

Visited April 2019

Becontree Medical Centre has not yet replied.

3. Review titled Unable to get appointment

by Anonymous - Posted on 29 March 2019

Ringing them visiting them is of no use, getting an appointment is an mission

Visited March 2019

Becontree Medical Centre has not yet replied.

4. Review titled Best surgery in borough

by Colin - Posted on 19 February 2019

if you want a Drs that listen, diagnose and care this is the one for you. In my opinion the best surgery in borough. The receptionist are helpful and friendly. Go out of their way to help you. My wife had a complex operation recently and was discharged over weekend with no pain relief. On monday when Drs opened they sorted a prescription even though it can take 48 hours. The drs involve you in your care and tell you of their next step. Nothing is too much. This review is a honest account of our continuous experience. Ignore at your peril.

Visited February 2019

Replied on 19 February 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. The practice always strives to offer the best possible service to our patients and we are glad we were able to assist you through a challenging period.

5. Review titled Awful surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 31 January 2019

THIS IS THE WORST SURGERY I HAVE EVER KNOWN! If you think this is a excellent or even good surgery. ..you have NEVER been to a good one. To be honest from what I've gathered the surgeries in this area are no better than each other. To get better service you would have to be out of this area. BUT back to this one. None of the female drs any good,for a start (don't have any time for you) maybe with the exception of one male dr. But I must point out that the doctor who owns/runs this practice is the most ignorant, self important, haughty Dr, I have ever encountered. She does not want to listen or even except you have a problem, I could write a book on the issues iv had with her. I have chronic back problems among other things. .but the drs just treat me like a nusence..when I eventually get to see one! The receptionists are not very professional either, as stated in other comments I noted..rude,talking over you and contradictory ect. (With the exception of one helpful receptionist). I would not be at this practice if I didn't have to be...I've tried a better one elsewhere but unfortunately I was out of the catchment area. Oh and please don't bother with the reply of " sorry you feel that way or sorry you've had a bad experience ect ect" Or that contacting the practice manager would be of any use either. As I'm sure it's not meant!

Visited November 2018

Replied on 31 January 2019

I am very sorry to hear of your bad experience. If you would like to come and speak to the practice manager regarding your experience please so we can identify any improvements that may need to be made please call the receptionists who will make an appointment for you.

6. Review titled The worst experience

by Anonymous - Posted on 26 October 2018

The worst experience I ever have, the receptionist behave quite rudely if it’s not near to my place and my kid is a regular patient I will never go over there. A particular ladie who is at the reception gave remarks giggle in front of me just I was concern about my sons appointment If it’s the welcoming behaviour then no 1 could come and discuss our problem Plz change ur rude staff as patients get really disheartd when they visit at GP

Visited October 2018

Replied on 26 October 2018

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service the practice is providing. We welcome you to come and discuss your concerns with the practice manager, who is always happy to listen to patients views regarding ways to improve on what we currently offer. We also have Patient reference group. If you would like to sign up for this we can regularly liaise with 'how you think we are performing'. If you are interested please come and speak to reception Thank you

7. Review titled Fed up with the rude reception staff

by Anonymous - Posted on 09 August 2018

I visited the surgery for a repeat prescription. The waiting room was empty as it was early evening, I went to the desk and the reception staff didn't even look up to acknowledge me! I filled in my prescription and handed it in. The next day I got a phone call from one of the receptionists. She told me I could not have my prescription as I already have medication from my last visit. I informed her that I in fact did not as I was only given 3 months worth on my last visit, which was the reason for me filling in a prescription form. She said I was given 6 months worth so I wasn't having any more. I again said that the pharmacy definitely only gave me 1 box of 3 months worth of tablets. She said "the doctor's not going to give you any more as you already have some." I kept trying to explain, as she was talking over me, that I was only given 1 box. She then told me "well then you need to take it up with the pharmacist, or find something else to use"!!! In the end I got annoyed with repeating myself and hung up.

Visited August 2018

Replied on 09 August 2018

I am sorry that you feel you have had cause to complain. We do normally issue the contraceptive pill for 6 month at a time so would ask the patient to check with the pharmacy that the whole prescription had actually been dispensed. Although the waiting area may be empty this would mean that all the clinicians are running on time. If you would like to come and discuss this further so we can look into your prescription please make an appointment with reception. Thank you

8. Review titled Very good personal

by Anonymous - Posted on 31 August 2018

Service very good. A visit on the same day or the next. A very good doctor gives a referral for the results does not prescribe the drug when he does not know what is the patient. I am very happy.

Visited August 2018

Replied on 31 August 2018

Thank you for your positive comments and taking time to share your experience on this site. it is always good to receive positive feedback. If you would like to become part of the practice PRG please come in and talk to our reception team. Thank you

9. Review titled Rude receptionist they have absolutely no clue what they ar

by Anonymous - Posted on 20 June 2018

Rude receptionist they have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Disgusting.

Visited June 2018

Replied on 20 June 2018

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Please make an appointment to see the practice manager so this can be discussed. Thank you

10. Review titled Dissatisfied with this surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 May 2018

I don't visit the Dr's very often as I try to self medicate when I'm unwell, but when I do need an appointment it is almost impossible to get one. I'm on the phone before 8am trying to get through, when I do I'm 15th in queue and by the time I get to speak to someone all the appointments are gone. If by any luck there is an appointment available its always at an inconvenient time. I work mon-fri 9-5:30, so can only do evening appointments. All the Drs seem to go home early though. The receptionists then try to rush you off the phone and tell you to call the hub (whatever that is?!) go online, or go to a&e if its an emergency. When you go online there's never any appointments! You also can't book appointments with the nurses online, and my prescription disappeared after a week so couldn't order a repeat. There is a couple of nice receptionists but I find the others come across as rude. I have been in after work a few times and I stand there waiting for ages like an idiot while they have a chat. They don't even look up to acknowledge that you are standing there. When you eventually get an appointment to see someone, you have to sit about in the waiting room forever. On a couple of occasions the receptionist forgot to notify the Dr I was there! One Dr there has you in and out in 2 mins and I always feel like she's rude and fobbing me off. The last time I saw her I was worried about a lump in my mouth, she said there was nothing there and told me to just gargle with salt water and I'll be fine. I saw another Dr a week later and he referred me straight away to ENT (which is a rare thing as usually you are just put on antibiotics and sent on your way!) I saw another Dr more recently about a back problem, and she came across as caring and took the time to hear my concerns, then sent me for a scan. However, she couldn't give me a diagnosis when my results came back normal, so therefore couldn't suggest treatment. I've since had to find my own treatment from a sports therapist. The one thing I can't fault is the nurses, as they are lovely.

Visited February 2018