Becontree Medical Centre

02037473020 641-645 Becontree Avenue , Dagenham, Essex, RM8 3HP

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and caring surgery

I moved to this practice from another one in the local area. The phone service is efficient at dealing with busy periods and you are usually spoken to by a doctor on the phone the same day if necessary- this saves a visit if it is not necessary to come in. I can usually book an online appointment with ease either for a phone consultation or for an in person visit. Staff are caring and considerate and reception staff are very helpful.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for your comments. We try our best to offer an efficient and friendly service at all times and try our best to learn from all these comment whether good or bad.

Rude receptionists

The receptionists are very rude, especially a few. They talk over you when you are trying to explain yourself. They call you or you call the surgery and they do not even wait for you to talk, as soon as they have said why they called, they hang up. So rude and disrespectful. I'm only with that surgery because its closer to me.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very rude the all thereceptionist!

The staff from reception are very rude. They don't respect the patients and they don't care.
It's very difficult, almost impossible to book an appoiment. And if is emergency..pray for you!

I don't recomand!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Anonymous reviewed Becontree Medical Centre

Very poor customer service. Arrogant and rude.

Very poor quality staff !! I have had to phone three times already for the same medicine to be prescribed, still the wrong one. They can't be bothered to take the right information to pass on to doctors so that mistakes do not get repeated. I do not sit st home wanting to phone in your surgery all the time. It's because of your faults that I have to find time to be on the phone with you. I have better things to do rather than talking to rude staff who cannot provide good communication service. If this continues, I have to take my concerns straight to CQC. It is good to say ' not to abuse NHS staff ' but sometimes you do not leave any choice. Working behind an NHS desk means to give best quality care for your patients and not listening to loud radio and chat about your private lives. You must understand when someone comes to your surgery, not well does not want to listen to loud music and your gossips.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 07 September 2017

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience . We endeavour to provide a safe , effective ,caring , well lead service that is responsive to peoples needs. I would like to invite you to contact the practice to discuss your concerns. Please contact 020 3747 3020 and speak to the practice manager. Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Very disappointed

I have been with this surgery for 3 years, I have two little ones all under age, I myself I rarely use the surgery but when it come to my kids I always need a professional advice. I thanks God my kids are of good health and also rarely see the doctor but on occasions when I have needed a doctors input there is never appointments dispite call at 8am on the dot you have to wait in queue by the time they get to you all appointment are gone. I think this surgery needs to prioritise verbal groups of patients atleast a telephone call from the doctor will go along way for a worried working mum. Receptionists are very quick to dismiss you off the phone stating they have been advised by the supervisor not to issue anymore appointments. GPs need to me more transparent about issued face to face and telephone appointments issued at this surgery. Overall not happy with the service.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Anonymous reviewed Becontree Medical Centre

Incomplete repeat prescription and poor communication

I am on certain medications for life due to some health conditions. Every time i collect my prescription, either some meds are missing or I get told to fill another form, which delays me for another 48 hours. At times I completely run out of meds due to their faults.
At the reception some of them treat us as if they have seen aliens ! Each time when asked why this is happening they simply say that it's not their fault, it's the doctors. They are rude and unprofessional. I wish I could complain to the CQC about your service.
My consultant sent a letter to my gp six months ago to ask them to prescribe a new drug for me. Nothing has been done up to now. I even came in the practice physically myself and was told to wait for a phone call that never happened. I am waiting to see my consultant again and will certainly raise this issue again.
I work and pay for my meds. I even pay for my NI to get the best care service from you. But each time you treat people as if we have to beg you for something.
Our lives are at the sake of your safe hands in this surgery where no one can be trusted.
The receptionists are either busy listening to radio or busy on their mo Ike or talking about their own problems. We don't come in your practice to disturb you !!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 11 May 2017

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced. The practice endeavours to provide a safe and effective repeat medication service to it patients. We ask patients to allow 48 hours for these requests to be processed by the GP. If we have failed to do this I apologise, but it is impossible for me to comment on this sequence of events without knowing the medication you are requesting.

I apologise if the receptionists have upset you in any way, we are here to help.

If you could let us know the details of the medication you are requesting I will gladly look into this for you.

Please either come into the practice in person or if you would prefer to put this in writing mark it for my attention PRACTICE MANAGER GEORGIA FRANKLIN.

Do not register here

absolutly useless doctors surgery can't get appointments when you need one they tell you to ring up at 8 am to get one for that day and then don't pick the phone up.

they don't care if it's an emergency they give you appointments for 2 weeks time even though you need to be seen now.

they don't do referrals properly send you to the wrong specialists which mean you have to go back to the waiting lists.

the main doctor in the surgery does not listen to your concerns about your health or your children just ignores you and so then you have to book another appointment and hope that you don't get her again.

I wouldn't take any member of your family here if you want them to get descent medical care !!!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 19 May 2017

I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately this morning we experienced a problem with the telephone lines which were out of action for nearly one hour. The system is up and running at the moment but we do still have a fault on the line that BT are working towards resolving.

The practice policy for booking appointments in advance at the present time is-:

1 week for doctors appointments
2 weeks for nurse appointment

50% of the weekly appointments are on-line access, by signing up to this scheme patients are able to electronically book appointments and request repeat medication. If you are interested please register on the PATIENT ACCESS website or come into the practice and one the receptionists will be happy to help you.

I cannot comment on the referral issue as I would need more information. If you would like to bring this into the practice and speak to the Secretary of Practice Manager they will gladly look into this for you.

Miss Noor gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best Practice i have been

Excellent practice lovely staff
always get appointments
Fab doctors especially one doctor.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your comments we would like to invite you to join the PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP. If you are interested in joining the practice PRG please come and speak to reception.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery in Barking & Dagenham

I have several health issue and whenever I go to surgery I get looked after. The reception staff are nice. GP s are brilliant and nurses too. If you want a good Dr go here. This is a honest feedback of the surgery and will never change.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

Thank you for your comments. If you are interested in joining the practice PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP please come and speak to reception.

Pool Elderly Care

The latest CQC report backs up my views http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-487154104 of this surgery, with care for the elderly being rated as 'Inadequate' and the surgery as a whole being rated 'Improvement Required'.

My elderly parent is not being given the care they need or deserve with telephone diagnosis being given when face to face diagnosis should be given for ailments that require a visual diagnosis. Also long term conditions are fobbed off with no regard for the wellbeing of the patient and just told to 'keep taking the tablets' with no new review of their condition.

Appalling service to elderly care!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 22 March 2017

I am sorry to hear of your experiences with this practice. Unfortunately I am unable to comment on individual patients on this site but if you would like to contact the practice , the manager would be happy to discuss any issues with you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience which may have been caused to you.

The CQC report you are referring to took place in March 2016. Since then we were revisited in November 2016 by CQC and have received a GOOD rating in all domains. This report is due to be published very soon.