Becontree Medical Centre

02037473020 641-645 Becontree Avenue , Dagenham, Essex, RM8 3HP

The worst experience

The worst experience I ever have, the receptionist behave quite rudely if it’s not near to my place and my kid is a regular patient I will never go over there. A particular ladie who is at the reception gave remarks giggle in front of me just I was concern about my sons appointment

If it’s the welcoming behaviour then no 1 could come and discuss our problem
Plz change ur rude staff as patients get really disheartd when they visit at GP

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 26 October 2018

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 14 November 2018

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service the practice is providing.

We welcome you to come and discuss your concerns with the practice manager, who is always happy to listen to patients views regarding ways to improve on what we currently offer.

We also have Patient reference group. If you would like to sign up for this we can regularly liaise with 'how you think we are performing'. If you are interested please come and speak to reception

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Fed up with the rude reception staff

I visited the surgery for a repeat prescription. The waiting room was empty as it was early evening, I went to the desk and the reception staff didn't even look up to acknowledge me! I filled in my prescription and handed it in. The next day I got a phone call from one of the receptionists. She told me I could not have my prescription as I already have medication from my last visit. I informed her that I in fact did not as I was only given 3 months worth on my last visit, which was the reason for me filling in a prescription form. She said I was given 6 months worth so I wasn't having any more. I again said that the pharmacy definitely only gave me 1 box of 3 months worth of tablets. She said "the doctor's not going to give you any more as you already have some." I kept trying to explain, as she was talking over me, that I was only given 1 box. She then told me "well then you need to take it up with the pharmacist, or find something else to use"!!! In the end I got annoyed with repeating myself and hung up.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 15 August 2018

I am sorry that you feel you have had cause to complain.

We do normally issue the contraceptive pill for 6 month at a time so would ask the patient to check with the pharmacy that the whole prescription had actually been dispensed.

Although the waiting area may be empty this would mean that all the clinicians are running on time.

If you would like to come and discuss this further so we can look into your prescription please make an appointment with reception.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very good personal

Service very good.
A visit on the same day or the next.
A very good doctor gives a referral for the results does not prescribe the drug when he does not know what is the patient. I am very happy.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 21 September 2018

Thank you for your positive comments and taking time to share your experience on this site. it is always good to receive positive feedback. If you would like to become part of the practice PRG please come in and talk to our reception team. Thank you

Tur gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Rude receptionist they have absolutely no clue what they ar

Rude receptionist they have absolutely no clue what they are doing. Disgusting.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 June 2018

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 21 September 2018

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Please make an appointment to see the practice manager so this can be discussed. Thank you

Ainafeaiel gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

A mixed bag

My experience with this surgery has been fairly good especially:

- Some pleasant reception staff- particularly one lady. There is one other good one, and the rest are just ok.

- Internet booking is so useful, although appointments are sometimes scarce. You can cancel appointments too, and add them to your calendar. Ask reception for a letter, but take a selection of address ID documents with you..!

- They phone when I need to book an appointment or collect something, and leave a message if I don't pick up.

Downsides:

- Only one of the doctors really works with you and stays neutral- I try to book appointments with him. I'm not bolshy or pushy, but cooperative and know a fair bit about medicine. I find another doctor imperious and haughty, interrupted me and said she would need to 'speak to' the other doctor who was doing some tests with a view to referring me.

- Like some of the other reviews, I think the admin staff gossip too much about their personal lives. It's awkward to listen in to, and not very professional.

- I feel there could be better care/investigation for non-life-threatening chronic conditions as they can become painful and create complications if left long enough, as is the case with me- I'm now costing the NHS a fortune because it wasn't dealt with when it was a bad (but less severe) problem.

- It's a little odd that only the patients who give 4 or 5 star reviews are invited to take part in the Patient Reference Group- surely it's best to have a range of experiences to avoid bias???

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 08 March 2018

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 13 March 2018

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the practice.

Our practice team endeavour to provide the best service and continuity of care to the patient population. Although the patient medical record is available to all clinicians from time to time they may confer with other doctors they may have been seen previously.

Our waiting area is very open and unfortunately conversation can carry in that area. I do apologise if any of the conversations made you feel uncomfortable, I will bring your comments to the attention of the Reception Manager .

We currently invite all new and existing patients to join the Patient Reference Group. We would like all patients to have a say regarding the services we provide enabling us to adapt and change to suit our patients.

We would welcome you to join us, please come in and talk to our reception team who will be happy to explain this to you.

Dissatisfied with this surgery

I don't visit the Dr's very often as I try to self medicate when I'm unwell, but when I do need an appointment it is almost impossible to get one. I'm on the phone before 8am trying to get through, when I do I'm 15th in queue and by the time I get to speak to someone all the appointments are gone. If by any luck there is an appointment available its always at an inconvenient time. I work mon-fri 9-5:30, so can only do evening appointments. All the Drs seem to go home early though. The receptionists then try to rush you off the phone and tell you to call the hub (whatever that is?!) go online, or go to a&e if its an emergency. When you go online there's never any appointments! You also can't book appointments with the nurses online, and my prescription disappeared after a week so couldn't order a repeat. There is a couple of nice receptionists but I find the others come across as rude. I have been in after work a few times and I stand there waiting for ages like an idiot while they have a chat. They don't even look up to acknowledge that you are standing there. When you eventually get an appointment to see someone, you have to sit about in the waiting room forever. On a couple of occasions the receptionist forgot to notify the Dr I was there! One Dr there has you in and out in 2 mins and I always feel like she's rude and fobbing me off. The last time I saw her I was worried about a lump in my mouth, she said there was nothing there and told me to just gargle with salt water and I'll be fine. I saw another Dr a week later and he referred me straight away to ENT (which is a rare thing as usually you are just put on antibiotics and sent on your way!) I saw another Dr more recently about a back problem, and she came across as caring and took the time to hear my concerns, then sent me for a scan. However, she couldn't give me a diagnosis when my results came back normal, so therefore couldn't suggest treatment. I've since had to find my own treatment from a sports therapist. The one thing I can't fault is the nurses, as they are lovely.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 03 May 2018

John Steward gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

A Practice that cares

I recently moved to this practice and I am very glad I did the reception staff are always helpful as are the Doctors and Nursing staff
Its good that to have a GP's who are interested in your health something lacking at my last practice

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 14 March 2018

Thank you for your positive comments we are happy that you are satisfied with the service provided.

We always welcome patients input good or bad, if you would like to join our patient reference group please call in and speak to us.

NotYourAverageMArk gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Customer services and appointment

I use to be able to get GP appointment in the evening which suits because of my job, but the last few years its always i have no space or go online and when you do go online its always morning appointments which affects my job. I have a reoccurring lower back problem which they haven't been able to give me a definite answer since i have been visiting. Also when your call is answered, they are always eager to get you off the phone or fob you off with one in adequate responses. This surgery use to be good but for whatever reason it's not anymore.

I appreciate the NHS is under funded, but considering. we work so we can be taxed to provide basic health cares. I find it hard that in a whole week , there is no available slot and sometimes the cancellation should be given to other patients. I am considering checking another local surgery closer to me.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 19 December 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 17 May 2018

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to book an appointment with us.

We do endeavour to offer a wide range of appointments but unfortunately sometimes due to demand this is difficult.

If you would like to discuss your issues with the practice manager please let us know, we always welcome ideas and comments from our patients on way to improve services.

Anonymous gave Becontree Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and caring surgery

I moved to this practice from another one in the local area. The phone service is efficient at dealing with busy periods and you are usually spoken to by a doctor on the phone the same day if necessary- this saves a visit if it is not necessary to come in. I can usually book an online appointment with ease either for a phone consultation or for an in person visit. Staff are caring and considerate and reception staff are very helpful.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for your comments. We try our best to offer an efficient and friendly service at all times and try our best to learn from all these comment whether good or bad.

If you are interested in joining the practice PATIENT REFERENCE GROUP please come and speak to reception.

Rude receptionists

The receptionists are very rude, especially a few. They talk over you when you are trying to explain yourself. They call you or you call the surgery and they do not even wait for you to talk, as soon as they have said why they called, they hang up. So rude and disrespectful. I'm only with that surgery because its closer to me.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Becontree Medical Centre replied on 17 May 2018

I am sorry that you feel you have received poor service from our practice.

if you would like to come in and discuss your concerns please do not hesitate to contact the practice manager.