Yardley Green Medical Centre

0121 773 3737 Yardley Green Medical Centre, 77 Yardley Green Road, Bordesley Green , Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 5PU

Juliea gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Amazing!

My doctor is amazing.

I can always get an appointment if I queue in the morning. Not always an option especially for the elderly or those with no transport but it is an excellent service for many people.

I can book online if I need an appointment and it can wait. I am always able to get the advice and help I need which is crucial when you have general poor health.

The staff on reception are friendly and so helpful. What's also impressive is their level of professionalism even when people get cross or are disagreeable. They work very hard to help and are always welcoming.

I prefer to see a specific doctor and generally I get that one. This consistency of treatment is vital to me with my health history.It's simply easier if the doctor knows your medical history and saves time because you don't have to go over everything..

Yes it's impossible to get through on the phone. I know they constantly review this but that really is my only criticism.

My doctors is simply incredible. Huge numbers of people go through their doors and yet I still feel I get an individual service, that meets my needs and is responsive to further treatment s I need.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 08 December 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 17 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. We will share your comments with the surgery team who I know will be thrilled. Thank you for the constructive feedback regarding the telephones. We are always viewing our telephones to help improve patient experience. Thank you once again.

john rayner gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

visited surgery today 12th Oct

Saw an excellent doctor who treated me very well, informed me of my test results and gave me sound advice.I cannot fault the consultation.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 12 October 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 15 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. We will share your comments with the surgery team.

Anonymous gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

An excellent and comprehensive primary healthcare provider

This is a busy practice, but the staff will treat you as an individual with patience and dignity. My only criticism is that it is rarely possible to book as same day appointment by telephone - one has to go to the surgery at 8:00 am a join the queue outside.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 26 November 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 05 December 2018

Regarding the difficulty in booking appointments via telephone we are always looking at ways to improve our access so constructive criticism is always well received.

We are also always looking for patients to join out Patient Participation Group (PPG) to help improve services here at Yardley Green Medical Centre - if this would interest please ask to speak to Randeep (Practice Manager) when you are next in the surgery.

Thank you once again for your kind words.

Anonymous gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Best practice I have been with

I came to see a particular doctor for the first time and he listened to what i had to say he didn't judge me, he went through all the choices available and made me feel comfortable the ladies on t front desk are really helpful can't fault them

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 09 July 2018

Anonymous gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful receptionists

I have been a patient of this surgery for around 20 years and am very unhappy with the service provided. I have been suffering with back problems since Saturday but as I was due to start a new job on Monday I attended the surgery after work at around 5.50pm. I was surprised to see that the car park and surgery were empty. I told the receptionist that I needed to see a Doctor and explained my symptoms. The receptionist then asked how long I had been suffering so I told her. She then said 'why wait so long to be seen?'. I told her that I had started a new job that day which is why I came when I did. Her reply - the doctors won't be able to see you today, you'll have to call in the morning for an appointment. Her attitude was rude and unsympathetic. I was in severe pain even standing and tried telling her this but she wasn't moving. I ended up at the Badger clinic later that evening.

I am really unhappy with the way I was treated, not even an apology, just a cold 'jobsworth'. I have worked in a front line role for over 20 years, dealing with difficult situations but I have always had to treat customers respectfully.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 21 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you have had this experience. If you would like to discuss this further please speak to the Practice Manager when you are at the surgery or email your contact details to yardleygreen.appointments@nhs.net so that she can contact you directly. Apologies once again.

Stockers gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Got a lot better

Here is a copy of my email sent to the practice manager

Good morning

I am writing to thank you, the reception staff, nurses and Doctors for the great service I have received over the last 9 years or so.

The process of making appointments is so much easier these days and the online system really helped too.

I've noticed a much friendlier reception team over the last few years as well.

I have recently moved over to Yardley and I'm just outside your area so I'm having to move to another surgery.

I would appreciate it if you could feed this back to all concerned.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 October 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 30 October 2018

Care received by a Dr

I was delighted to have been seen by a Dr today. I have a debilitating back problem which has had me see many consultants and specialists.

However it is not always the case that you get an expert dedicating such time, attention and care to the problems of a patient. The Dr has always demonstrated this to the needs of me and my family.

The NHS is under huge strains and I feel this has led to varying degrees of treatment and care that patients are receiving. The Dr however remains determined to deliver the best care to her patients as possible and not seeing a patient as just another number. Proof of this is the fact that I had to wait longer than other patients to see their allotted GP as I feel its impossible to keep every patient to a 10 minute window. Once seen however I left satisfied that the objective of my visit was fully satisfied by the Dr.

She is a credit to her profession and keep up the great work.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 26 February 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 05 March 2018

G Robinson gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Failure of answering telephones.

Yet again I've tried to book an appointment via telephone. This time it only took 43 minutes to get through...you are are caller 6,3,1...6,5,2, 1,6,3,1,How!!.If I'm caller 1 no one is in front of me. When I get through and ask for an appointment I'm told a time ..then I'm told sorry that appointment has gone. How? I'm the caller speaking to the receptionist booking the appointments. Sorry the Dr has just taken the last appointment for today. When is the next available appointment 10 days time...The worst part of this if the phones were answered in order and promptly I would have been given an appointment 40 minutes before the Dr took the last appointment. This is not the first time this has happened and the staff have been told about how long it takes to get through but still no change.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 26 January 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 29 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you have had this experience. If you would like to discuss this further please speak to the Practice Manager when you are at the surgery or email your contact details to yardleygreen.appointments@nhs.net so we can contact you directly.

Anonymous gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Never answer the phone!!

Lets use today as a perfect example. I have phoned 10 times, I've been 7th in the queue, 5th, 6th and even 1st, but hung up everytime after 10 minutes of just ringing.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 26 January 2018

Yardley Green Medical Centre replied on 29 January 2018

Lisa gave Yardley Green Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great experience, worth leaving a decent review!

I rang for an appointment Tuesday at 8.30am, got straight through and was told the doctor I wanted was on a short day but could fit me in at 11, was seen on time and after the recurrence of a slipped disc with no physio and alternative treatments working was booked in for an appt with a consulatant to discuss surgery, I needed to go back for another appointment for a scan to be arranged and was offered 10.30 this morning, again I was seen on time and scan request test sent off along with blood tests to be arranged. At the desk the receptionist said they could probably fit me in while I was there and a few minutes later I was called to get done. In the past the phonelines have been a nightmare to get through to and wait times have been long. Not sure what changes they have made to their system but it seems to have worked brilliantly for me, hope it stays like this!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017