Whitestone Surgery

02476 641911 82 Bulkington Lane , Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 4SB

Anonymous gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Recent appointment

My son was recently seen by the Out of Hours GP service , who advised my son to see his own GP ( and who had recommended him to get an ultrasound scan ) to rule out /confirm any problems , after experiencing pains across his chest. .After many phone calls , and explaining the situation we were finally able to secure an appointment. We turned up on time , and after a 20 minute wait my son was seen by a Dr.
My son was out after 3 minutes ~ I was surprised by the speed of this. When I asked my son about the scan he said that the Dr , had said he didn’t need one , but what upset me was my son coming out of his consultation feeling that he had wasted the doctors time , with no real explanation of what had caused his chest pains.
I know that doctors have different ideas on treatment , but the out of hours doctor had insisted my son had a follow up at his GPS who could take any treatment further ~ even if this turned out something that the Dr didn’t want to do , surely taking the time to explain why , or putting my sons mind at ease was the least that could have happened.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Whitestone Surgery replied on 25 June 2018

Dr Simon unreservedly apologises that, on behalf of your son, you have felt let down by the service. He believes these issues are much better resolved face-to-face, rather than by social media. He has asked that either you and/or your son book an appointment to discuss the various treatment options for his chest pains.

Rajni pruthi gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 5 stars

I am very happy with my dr.

My Dr. is very polite and helpful . I always come out from surgury with my answers. Staff is very polite . They always tries to help whatever they can do .
I go to phisio in the Whitestone surgury aswell . The phisiotherpist is excellent.
At the end , I am proud i am member of Whitestone surgury .
Thanks!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Whitestone Surgery replied on 26 June 2018

Thank you for such a kind and thoughtful review, which was shared with the practice staff. It is very encouraging to them to know that our patients appreciate their dedication and hard work. When you next see our physiotherapist, why not tell her personally!!!

Anonymous gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Painkiller

I was suffering from dreadful backache and the doctor found where the sore spot was and asked me to lean back onto his thumbs. I leaned back for two minutes and the backpain had gone. It was not a painless procedure but for two minutes of agony I was rewarded with a painfree back.

Not all conditions can be remedied in this way but I have received prompt care and attention for other ailments. I feel I am in safe hands here.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 May 2018

Whitestone Surgery replied on 24 May 2018

Thanks for this kind message. I'll make sure it is passed onto Dr Simon. I am sure he will be encouraged.

Anonymous gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Recent appointment

Recently attended the surgery for consultation. From reception , consultation, departure I was treated with grest respect and dignity. Nothing too much trouble for the competent dedicated staff. All to often negative comments can be seen lets give the praise thats deserved. Thankyou Whitestone staff pleased to be part of the Whitestone 'family'!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Whitestone Surgery has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Treat mental health like a joke

Attended the surgery to discuss a variety of issues, namely insomnia and low mood, limiting my life. I'd been advised to visit my GP to get a plan in order to help me deal with this.

Instead? I was told I was in no place to be sad, and recommended a self help book. It took months to work up the courage to go to the GP about my feelings, and I have never been so ashamed and upset in my life. This experience has left me helpless, with no where else to turn. There is only one GP, and so a bad experience means you're stuck with the same doctor.

Even a stomach infection was ignored and labelled as stress (despite getting better once I finally got antibiotics).

I fully do not recommend going here. I have never been so embarrassed in my life, and I am still picking up the pieces from this experience. I have still yet to seek out help again, and don't know when I will.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 25 April 2018

Whitestone Surgery replied on 27 April 2018

Dr Simon apologises for the inconvenience you experienced and that our service did not meet your expectations. He has asked that you book an appointment to discuss with him, or any other member of staff, the issues you raised. Perhaps this will help you resolve the problems you are currently experiencing. Your direct feedback to the practice will help improve our service so future patients can benefit.

Dave gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great GP practice

My experience of this practice has been nothing but good. I love the fact that the GP actually takes an interest in your health and lifestyle providing an annual 'MOT' and that you are involved in your own care. Too many people rely on others to decide on their care rather than make decisions yourself! Maybe using other more suitable services instead of a GP for minor ailments might be the way to go (that's why you have to wait a while for a non urgent appointment? Just saying . . )

Appointments are timely and the practice has always tried to get appointments quickly if felt I needed one sooner rather than later.

Reception staff are friendly and the facilities are good too..

I highly recommend this practice and I base my comments on my experience with 2 prior GP practices in the area.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 28 December 2017

Whitestone Surgery replied on 15 January 2018

Dave - thank you for such a kind and thoughtful review, which was shared with the practice staff. It is very encouraging to them to know that our patients appreciate their dedication and hard work. The receptionists would really appreciate it if you told them personally!!!

Not recommended

I would not recommend this surgery. it is difficult to get appointments when you want one, and when you do, i have mainly experienced having to wait up to an hour over my appointment time to see the doctor, with no apology when you do finally get in to see them. I have also experienced the receptionist telling a patient that they will have to wait until all the patients that were waiting in the reception room have seen the doctor, because they had turned up 5 mins late to their appointment, even though all the patients in the waiting area were all over 30 mins late for seeing the doctor at that point (so this person hadn't actually missed their appointment!).

I've sat waiting to see the doctor (who has been running over 30 mins late), to see them stroll casually from their room, into the reception area to make them-self a cup of tea (which you might think acceptable if you weren't always sat their waiting over you allocated time to see them, or if the doctor was trying to make the cup of tea with a bit of speed, but no - the doctor was in no hurry at all!). We then had to wait whilst the doctor made a second cup of tea, because the milk had gone off!

The reception staff are generally not that helpful and you feel like they are doing you some huge favour when you call. I don't think they have ever smiled when you go in. Customer service is not their strong point.

The doctor has failed to thoroughly check my son when I have taken him in, relying on me saying I think he has an ear infection, for example, and carrying out no examination of his ears before subscribing medication.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this practice.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 December 2017

Whitestone Surgery replied on 14 December 2017

Dr Simon apologises for the inconvenience you experienced and that our service did not meet your expectations. He has asked that you book an appointment to discuss with him the issues you raised and how to improve matters so future patients can benefit.

Tricia L gave Whitestone Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great Service

Drop in surgery for Flu Jabs is great! Called today and only had to wait 10 minutes. I have been extremely pleased by the updated access for repeat prescriptions, yearly medical reviews, convenience for appointments and the quality of the Nurse and their knowledge generally. The reception staff have been pleasant and helpful even occasionally when things have not gone according to plan! I also like the fact that my GP is prepared to talk over all options for treatment and is quite non-interventionist unless necessary. Most of us would rather not have to attend the Doctors Surgery, but when we need to it should be welcoming and efficient, and this surgery now is!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 27 September 2016

Whitestone Surgery replied on 20 October 2016

Our aim, "the patient first and always", is something we strive daily to achieve and we are happy that you are pleased with your care. We are very grateful for your comments regarding the flu service. We have specifically designed it on the basis of feedback from our patients last year.

Rude staff on the phone

one of the staff member is rude on the phone. When you call for an appointment in the morning, they are so rude and will make you think they run the whole of NHS. Its such a shame that we need to encounter these kind of people. Someone set it right or its going down sooner.....

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

Whitestone Surgery replied on 20 October 2016

We unreservedly apologise for this happening to you. This information has been fed back to our reception team. We are genuinely looking at practical things to improve our patients' experience during routine telephone communications. Dr Simon is happy to discuss this with you if you wish to book an appointment.