Carfax Medical Centre

01793541655 Swindon NHS Health Centre, 1 Islington Street , Swindon, SN1 2DQ

Anonymous gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Triage nurse behavior with patient is awful

A&E at Hospital has advised me to visit GP in order to get the treatment for Low heart rate and fatigue. I spoke to my practice to arrange appoint. Triage nurse has given me a ring on phone, When I tried to explain my medical condition with her, she didn't allow me at all saying 'it isn't new issue', I literally need to plead her to give the appointment with doctor. Subsequently, doctor has recommended few tests. I request staff to be considerate and sensitive towards the patients health condition.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

I am really sorry that you have found our system difficult to negotiate. The triage nurse responds to patients who have an urgent problem that requires attend that day. You should have been given a routine appointment with a GP when you telephoned. I will feed your experience back to the admin team and ensure that they ask patients more questions.

Refused a blood test as i was late by 5 minutes

I have Diarrhea since last few days and i was refused a blood test as i was late by 5 min.
Solely because i had to go the the toiled again before i was leaving from home.
There was queue of a couple of people ahead of me which led to me being further late.
I was refused to take the blood test rudely and the stool sample i was carrying was also refused. I somehow convinced them that i could not get it again and they reluctantly accepted it.
I am weak due to my illness since last 4 days and it was a lot of effort on my part to walk to the Carfax NHS center.
I am depressed and devastated at the sheer lack of empathy on the part of the staff.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 23 August 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

I am sorry that you did not get your blood test. Unfortunately we can’t see patients who are more than 5 minutes because they would be delaying the patients with appointments after them. If you had rung the practice to say that you were going to be late we could have found an alternative appointment for you.

We can’t accept samples that have not been requested by a clinician. The clinicians create a request form to tell the pathology laboratory what tests to carry out.

Anonymous gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Been to other much better and respectful surgeries than this

I'm a young healthy adult and going to the doctor's is my last resort. I went to the surgery for the first time in years for infected seeping wounds when I was suffering in unbearable pain.

At first the receptionists tried their best to send me to a nurse appointment and eventually when I got to see the GP the first time she also tried her best to get me out the door as quickly as possible. After a few more appointments and seeing a different GP every time I was eventually put on four a day antibiotics course for 7 day.

Another time I went there for a severe lingering abdominal pain. This time the doctor was nice and respectful and prescribed an urgent blood and other tests. One of the receptionists gave me the earliest appointment she could and advised to call back to check if any earlier appointments open up. However when I called back later another receptionist completely refused to change the appointment and without even checking the system said the appointment I have is the earliest one available.

I have been to other surgeries before and have been treated much more fairly and more so with respect. However I have not had the same feeling at this surgery after being registered with them for 5 years.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 26 July 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

It is extremely difficult to comment on your experiences without being able to investigate them. We are keen to improve our services so please contact the practice and speak to a manager.

Jane Bristow gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Blood test

I attended the above due to the fact that I couldn't get an appointment at my local surgery for a blood test which they need In order to renew my thyroid tablets. I gave in a printed form from my surgery but was ABSOULUTY STUNNED when I had to wait over 3 hours.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 18 June 2018

It appears you attended the Swindon Walk-in Centre for your blood test and not the Carfax Medical Centre, you might want to direct your comment to Great Western Hospital NHS Foundation Trust which runs the Walk-in Centre.

Anonymous gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Be ready to wait forever

My wife waited for over 5 hours yesterday, with a 5 month old baby. This relatively new surgery is worse than the old one. Receptionists are unhelpful, and there are nowhere near enough medical staff to deal with demand (needs to be at least 3x what it is now). This place is supposed to be for help those who are sick and in need, not just a quick pickup point for methadone addicts with an endless queue for everyone else.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

I believe that your wife attended Swindon Walk in Centre on the ground floor of Swindon Health Centre. This is not connected to our GP practice and has its own page on NHS Choices.

Receptionist are terrible!!!

Doctors there are ok but receptionist are terrible! Very rude no respect they literally argument with patients!
I tried check in for a doctor appointment no one was on the front but still took them while are they was busy chatting and laughing! When eventually she stop talking to her colleagues, lady told me “good morning how can I help you” it was 3.55 pm so even little thinks but make really bad impression. Again is receptionist what are damage Carfax !

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 11 April 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us about your experience. I will share your comments with the admin team.

Jonathan gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very bad costumer service.

Really bad costume service! This lady won’t even lessen what I have to say!! Very rude and shouting down the phone for not reason.
Very unprofessional!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 30 April 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

You have given your name as Jonathan and I have searched our patient database and we do not have a patient with that name. However, there are other services within the Swindon Health Centre that you may have visited.

Not worth 1 star. Extremely rude receptionist

Awful service from receptionist on ground floor. These women don't seem to have a clue about anything, they are rude, disrespectful and have no idea on how to deal with patients. I suggest they are retrained to deal with queries and complaints in a professional manner . One receptionist was on her phone while I was waiting to be served which is not acceptable. Came away feeling very frustrated, disappointed and angry.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 08 February 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 08 February 2018

Carfax NHS Medical Centre operates on the first floor of the Swindon NHS Health Centre, we do not have receptionists on the ground floor.

cliffc gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

lack of communication

got to say, been with this practice for a couple of months, and have been delt with by the doctors receptionist upstairs in a decent way so far, which is refreshing, but the doctors that i have seen so far, well, they leave a lot to be desired, arrogant, do not seem interested in your answars to their questions when asked, if you enquire about things to try and get more of an understanding of your situation, the doctors seem to be in to much of a hurry to get rid of you out the door, instead of giving any proper answars?, some of us have to put up with a lot of pain on a daily basis, and we try and help ourselves, so when going to see a doctor, we expect them to show a bit of professionalism, because its quite simple, if they cannot treat people with a bit of dignity and respect, they should not treat people at all?. went for 1 blood test, got cancelled because i had eaten,( no one told me not to ) next day went back blood taken, then went back a week later doctor told me that bloods bassically not checked for all they should have been, doctor just was not too concerned it seemed, started to lose faith in this practice, its more like the doctors are just going through the motions,and come across as not to bothered, so much for their policy about dignity and respect, someone should inform them that it goes both ways?. shame

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018

Carfax Medical Centre replied on 27 September 2018

It is really important that we understand the experiences of our patients but without knowing your name we are able to investigate. Please contact the practice to discuss this with us.

cliffyc gave Carfax Medical Centre a rating of 2 stars

commubication

it seems that what i put in my last review, is slightly wrong about carfax mc, it seems that who i thought was a doctor who i saw, was actually a part of the nursing team?, wish i had known that sooner, as i would have preffered to wait for an apointment at a later date for an actual DOCTOR, in future i think i will check online FIRST about their status instead of afterwards, the next person i got to see is not on their staff list it seems?,

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018