The Falcon Road Medical Centre

02072283399 47 Falcon Road, Battersea , London, Greater London, SW11 2PH

Nicola. gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Reliable Quality of Care.

I have been a patient at Falcon Road for over thirty years, and have always been very well looked after (thank you!)
Recently, I've been going through a very traumatic time, mostly relating to difficult conditions at work, and have been extremely stressed and very unwell. Over the last two months I've been treated by two Doctors in particular and I have to say they have both been super kind, totally professional, empathetic and supportive. They have given great insight, care and understanding - I felt very well looked after and that I had received appropriate treatment to aid my recovery. I would like to express my kindest thanks and gratitude for their amazing care - thank you so very, very much!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 08 November 2018

Jermaine Kevin Newby gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Nurse

I am compelled to write this genuine feedback and review about my sessions with a nurse and her positive professional support in assisting me with stopping smoking. I've been visiting this nurse for roughly 3 Months - possibly more... and she has always given me valuable advice, navigation, and confidence. I'm always uplifed once our session is finished, and I look forward to evaluating my progression between my appointments, she's a REAL Asset to Falcon Rd Medical Centre - keep her, and keep her happy.

Jermaine K Newby (a happy patient...)

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 14 November 2018

Mr and Mrs B gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Competent Doctors, Speedy Referrals.

I can honestly not rate the doctor highly enough I would give 100 stars. My husband had been suffering for years (on and off) with an undiagnosed condition. So we called Falcon Road Medical Centre and was able to get an appointment with the doctor we wanted very easily. This doctor was the first person to suggest doing a test and referred him immediately to hospital. Within a week he was finally diagnosed with Colitis and admitted to hospital for treatment.
Now we know what it is we are able to manage it better with the correct medications and my husband is back to his old cheerful self. If it wasn't for the competency of this amazing doctor, I dread to think how bad he might have got.

We still visit the clinic regularly for my husband and also take our daughter for check ups with the nurse. Everyone here is professional and just naturally kind. They make you feel instantly welcome, really listen and honestly do everything they can to help. If you are a human being that likes being treated with kindness, dignity and respect then I would highly recommend a visit to Flacon Road Medical Centre.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Anonymous gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Competent Doctors, Speedy Referrals.

Went to the doctor after suffering for 4 months with stomach pains and diarrhoea. Had already been to the hospital A&E department who brushed me out the door with the typical "it's probably a virus". I knew something wasn't right and as soon as I saw the doctor I felt at ease. She really listened to me and did an in depth examination before referring me for blood tests, stool samples and a hospital referral for a scan. She was fantastic. Within 2 weeks I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and put on steroids. Whenever the hospital was taking a bit long to respond with appointments and results, the GP was straight on the phone and chasing up with emails. I honestly can't say enough good things about this doctor. If it wasn't for her, god only knows what might have happened to me. From the start I have been able to book appointments on the same day with the same GP, which is wonderful as she already knows all about my case.
If you want an appointment just call at 8am and ask for the doctor you want. If that person is off then reception will let you know and you can call back on the morning they are back or if your desperate you can opt to see someone else. But I always manage to see the same GP, so I am over the moon with the service.
Thanks to that doctor, I am now on the mend and am monitored regularly. I feel I am in the best of hands and highly recommend this practice.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 04 October 2018

brian james gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Always great

I've attended surgeries in Scotland, Manchester and London and Falcon Rd Medical Centre is the best. The reception staff are awesome and can't do enough to help. The main GP's and Nurse have been there for years and my experiences is always positive. Appointments are easy to book. Call in the morning 8-9am and I can usually see a GP on the same day or via a one week in advance booking system for non-urgent

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

The Falcon Road Medical Centre replied on 23 January 2018

Thank you for your positive comments.

Charlotte gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Respectful and knowledgeable treatment

The biggest testament to this practice is its clinical staff. I have been seen by three different clinicians at the practice, each time recommended due to their speciality, and their treatment cannot be faulted. The women's health Dr LISTENS and treats with respect and consideration, the travel nurse was excellent for recommending and delivering my travel vaccinations (to a needle phobic who subsequently had the best injection experience yet with this nurse), and the other Doctors seen were respectful and professional. I have never felt uncomfortable, rushed or dismissed. All of the staff have also gone above and beyond to ensure that my overall health is paid attention to beyond the initial complaint.
As with almost every practice, booking appointments can be lengthy but I trust the reception staff to assess where urgent care IS required and I accept that some things may be further down the priority list with such an under-pressure NHS. The practice website is informative and user-friendly and the online repeat prescription service and appointment booking is excellent.
I would highly recommend this practice.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 17 January 2018

The Falcon Road Medical Centre replied on 23 January 2018

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Excellent practice

Can usually get an appointment on the day, friendly and kind staff, both reception, doctors and nurses. Would highly recommend.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 July 2018

Thomas gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Useless - use another surgery

I'm sure if you're unemployed a student, a shift worker, or so ill that you can't work a 9-5 job, you'll be able to sit around waiting to arbitrary times of the day to get an appointment. For the remaining poor suckers who use this surgery - getting an appointment is an exercise in the futile and requires taking a day off work. Which you know, some people can't afford to do. You get different answers from the staff depending on who you speak to, all of which seem incentivised to get you off the line as soon as possible whilst avoiding actually helping a patient review medical results. The booking system is antiquated, if you get lucky and manage to speak to someone between 08:01 and 08:20 then you may get an appointment on the day. You'll need to book that day off of course, just in case you do luck-out with an appointment. Of course if you don't, lets hope your work hasn't temporarily covered your work for the day. As someone who has been registered with this surgery for over 8 years and has used it vanishingly few times each year - on average less than once a year, the service is abysmal.

If you can avoid this place - don't be a patient here.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

The Falcon Road Medical Centre replied on 14 December 2017

I am sorry that you feel that the practice is no longer providing you with the service that you require. We welcome all feedback and strive at all times to maintain a high standard of care and make improvements where necessary.

We have devised our appointment system to manage the resources that we have available and optimize access for our patients. All of our GP’s have scheduled appointments which can be booked in advance although these do get booked up quickly. Our patients also have access to GP appointments at a hub at other nearby practices. Our reception staff will always offer the hub appointments to patients to be seen by a GP when all our available appointments have been used for the day. The other alternative is to sign up to our online service which means you can book routine bookable appointments online rather than having to try and contact the practice. There are details on our website as to how to sign up, or speak to a member of the team.

I am happy to speak with you directly if you wish by calling 020 7228 1619 and asking to speak to Linda Banks.
I hope you feel that further discussion regarding this would be helpful for you and we can work towards restoring your confidence in the practice.

Linda Banks
Operational Manager

David McGiveron gave The Falcon Road Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Turned away by phone

I went on www.nhs.co.uk to find out about how to get a GP appointment if I'm not living in the area, and was informed that I can register as a temporary resident with any GP clinic listed on their website. I found this GP, (closest to my temp. address) and called them up, only to be told "we don't take temporary residents. You have to be registered with us." I tried to explain the situation and the guidance, but I was told "we don't do that. why would we do that for people who don't live here?" Totally dismissive and clearly didn't want to help.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 January 2017

The Falcon Road Medical Centre replied on 10 January 2017

The Practice is sorry that you have had an unsatisfactory experience and finds the quotes you mention difficult to understand, indeed we believe there may have been a misunderstanding in this case.

Our list of open and we register regular patients. It is true that the Practice does not normally register temporary patients here, but that is as there is a walk-in centre very close by in Grant Road (near the Station) which was opened a few years ago by NHS Wandsworth to meet this very need.

I have spoken to several members of the reception team and, while they confirm that they have had several conversations of this type recently, they do not remember the conversation that you detail.

They also have confirmed that their normal practise is to offer regular registration to a patient. However if the patient can not comply with our registration policy, or insists in registration as a temporary patient, it is suggested that the patient attends the Grant Road Walk-in centre.

Exceptional visit.

I had visited various clinics and GP surgeries and observed the service they provide as a patient , Falcon Rd centre provided superb service from the team at the reception to the main team Doctors ; especially one doctor, what an excellent doctor.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 21 December 2016

The Falcon Road Medical Centre replied on 10 January 2017

Many thanks for your kind words. We are pleased that you have found a GP that you are comfortable with and hope that we will continue to meet your medical needs for some time to come yet.