Queens Road Surgery

02076391133 136 Meeting House Lane , London, Greater London, SE15 2UA

Joe gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Really bad recent experience

The doctors have generally been fine, although I agree that it's very difficult to get a timely appointment. However, a recent debacle has forced me to leave a negative review.

I called last week to get an emergency prescription filled. I find out over the weekend that they ordered the wrong medication. I phoned yesterday (Monday) morning to get another emergency prescription issued; they tell me to call back at about 5pm to check if it has come through. I try calling for about 20 minutes and the line is busy every time. Incidentally, when you do get through you have to wait in the holding system for about 5 minutes, so I don't understand why most of the time you don't even get the holding system and the call just disconnects. Eventually I go to the pharmacy and obviously the prescription hasn't come through.

I call back today. I'm told to call back at about 3pm, where no doubt I will have to call multiple times before I can speak to anyone. If my prescription is ready it will be about 30 hours after I requested it. For a regular prescription you're supposed to give 48 hours' notice so the advantage of getting the emergency prescription seems pretty negligible at this point. I'm having the worst withdrawal effects of my life, thanks to their error, and they don't seem in any hurry to fix it.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Queens Road Surgery has not yet replied.

Patient gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Need to be realistic about setting expectations

They often say they will call me back for ex. about a prescription or a phone appointment, and I will have to follow up day after day to make sure that happens. If I am told I am getting a call that afternoon thats what I will expect, if they would just tell me I wont get a call for 3 days - or at all - at least then I know what to expect.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Queens Road Surgery replied on 11 November 2018

Dear Patient

We are sorry that you have had such a negative patient experience. We recognised that this was an issue within the team and would like to reassure you that we have now put steps in place to reduce the risk of this occurring again in the future.

Please note that the entire reception team has changed since you have left your review, this new team shows significant promise and we are confident that these issues have been ironed out. If you feel this is not the case please contact the practice and speak with the Practice Manager Danielle Bagley to discuss further.

Patient feedback is invaluable and we appreciate you taking the time to leave yours.

Anonymous gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Best surgery, deserves more funding

I have various long term physical and mental health conditions, as does my partner. Every GP we've seen has been very nice and professional, and has put our needs first regardless of costs. It is fully wheelchair accessible and you can get blood tests there.

I usually see one particular doctor but when he's not been available the other doctors have been amazing too. They've never said no to any request I've made. Only issues are lack of immediate appointments but that is a government funding issue.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 17 August 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the above positive feedback. We are so pleased that we have been successful in providing you with the care that yourself and your partner need, care that is most appropriate for you as an individual.

With regards to your comments around immediate appointments, I just wanted to make you aware of our telephone triage service that is available every day from 8am. If a patient has an urgent issue they are welcome to call the practice from 8am to request a call back from a clinician (this may be either a GP or our Practice Pharmacist), possible outcomes of these calls are; a face to face appointment, referral to the local extended primary care centre (Lister EPCS), electronic prescription, electronic referral, test request or simply some self management advice for the patients presenting problem. We have found this service to be a very effective way of managing our patients more urgent needs. Although we hope you never find cause to use this service we would like you to be aware of the offer should you need it in the future.

Thank you again for your lovely comments that have been passed on to the entire team at the practice.

Best wishes,

Polly gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Very Helpful Staff

Very helpful staff and good treatment.
Sometimes it take a while to book an appointment but good urgent care.
The text reminders are good and the late evenings are extremely helpful

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Queens Road Surgery replied on 08 July 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above lovely feedback, it has been passed on to the entire team. As a team we work hard to provide high quality care for our patients and feedback is always welcome. We are pleased that you had a positive patient experience.

If you would like to be more involved in the services offered at the practice please see our website for more information on our Patient Participation Group https://www.southwarkgp.co.uk/patient-reference-group/

Lizzie gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Professional and Courteous

I find a particular doctor very professional. I like coming to see this doctor. The staff at reception are always polite and courteous

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Dear Patient

We are very pleased that you have found a GP that your have build such a relationship with. We are also happy that you have found the reception team to be polite and courteous. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which has been shared with the team at the surgery.

Thanh gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Good Staff

Nice space, good clean surgery.

Good Doctors.

Polite Receptionists and they are very polite

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above kind feedback regarding the staff at our surgery and the atmosphere created for patients.

We are pleased that you are a happy patient and appreciate your experiences with us.

Afusatu gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Execellent Service

I called this morning to book an appointment to see the doctor or nurse.

The receptionist was so polite and helpful.

The service I received was excellent.

Dear Patient

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave the above lovely feedback. Your kind comments have been passed on to the entire team and we are pleased that you have had a positive patient journey.

M.Bennett gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Friendly staff

Friendly staff, well explained treatment. One thing for new patients is that they let patients know when they will be sent into the room via the monitor.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Dear Patient

We are please that you have a positive patient experience with us at the surgery. We value your feedback and it has been shared with our team.

Ekudiyio gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Great Surgery

This surgery is great.

I have known this surgery for 18 years as an on and off patient

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above positive feedback, your comments have been passed on to the entire team.

Devon gave Queens Road Surgery a rating of 4 stars

More Patient Friendly

Briefly, its more patient friendly since its relocation.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to leave the above feedback, we are pleased you have seen an improvement to the service that we provide to patients since the relocation of the surgery.

Not to mention the much nicer premises, clinical rooms and waiting area! We really appreciate your feedback.