Riverside Medical Practice

02030494500 Hobart House, St Georges Wharf, Wandsworth Road , London, Greater London, SW8 2JB

Anonymous gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Worst receptionist I have ever experienced

Other reviews have mentioned the disorganised nature of the surgery post the merger with Hurley clinic (which we were not notified of) which is my experience also. In addition the receptionist is breathtakingly rude and unhelpful. I've never left a negative review in my life, especially of the NHS who I recognise are mostly hard working professionals, but being treated with such contempt and disinterest when asking for a repeat prescription (as mentioned below they have lost all our medical records in the merger) has shocked me. I Ieft the surgery without being able to order my lifesaving medication and with no interest or concern about how I would cope until being able to book (a completely uneccessary) appointment with a doctor to request my repeat prescription.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 15 July 2019

Deborah gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Lost medical records

We received notice saying this practice Riverside Medical Centre merged with THE HURLEY CLINIC on 1st April 2019 and since then, it is worse than ever before -- and they are actively advertising for more patients.
Since the 'merger' we cannot get access to online services such as Patient Access and Electronic Prescription Services, I no longer have any access to my medical records and I do not now know where they are, who can see them or who now can access my information.
I have lost all confidence in Riverside Medical Centre and am taking steps to leave. Frankly, I do not feel my personal, sensitive information is safe with this organisation and I have contacted the Information Commissioners Office to find out how to get access to my personal information. This is not a safe situation.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 02 May 2019

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 11 May 2019

I understand we are dealing with your concerns direct but for the sake of other patients/viewers of this forum I will address the matter in a general manner.
The process of amalgamating the two practices was complex, and of the highest importance was ensuring the security and integrity of the clinical records. This has meant certain access elements were temporarily interrupted, but we gave prior notice of this with apologies for any inconvenience. As some one who clearly values the safe management of their personal details I hope you will accept the actions taken are in yours, and all our other patients, best interest.
The merging of the two services was motivated by wanting to improve the patient experience at all levels and I know you will start to see evidence of this shortly. In the meantime you have our apologies for the teething problems. What I can say is there is no risk to anyone's records and they are, in deed, in safe hands.

SM gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

An Unorganised Medical Centre with Disinterested Doctors.

This review is based on my experience over the past 7 years as opposed to a single visit. Overall I am exceptionally disappointed with the surgery. There was a period when Riverside Medical Centre was actually good which is why I stayed with them for so long. However, the service has rapidly declined to the point where I have no choice but to consider leaving. On average it can take between 20 - 60 minutes to get an appointment. Today for instance it took me well over an hour which is beyond ridiculous. The individual who answered the phone was impolite and exceptionally disrespectful which sadly now tends to be the norm with the centre. And to make matters worse they made a terrible error when processing my prescription today which is yet another example of how disorganised Riverside Medical Centre have become. In regards to the doctors I will say it is very difficult to build a long lasting relationship with a specific doctor because the turnover is extremely high - doctors don't seem to stay there for long. The doctor that I have been seeing for the past few years is not only inattentive and disinterested but also quite insensitive and on numerous occasions has encouraged me to leave the practice and go private which I find very disconcerting. Firstly I can't afford to go private and secondly by insisting I go private the doctor is indirectly undermining the NHS and the brilliant services that they offer. I write this review because I don't want others to be subjected to similar treatment and on that basis I would most certainly not recommend this surgery to anyone.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 09 May 2019

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 11 May 2019

Thank you for posting details of your experiences, albeit we are very sorry to note they have been negative of late. Although we encourage patients to use this forum, its anonymous nature makes it difficult to address a specific persons concerns and reach resolution. If you feel comfortable to do so, please call my direct number below and I will be happy to go over the issues and hopefully change your mind re leaving.
I will answer some of the points, in general terms, both for yours and other viewers benefit. I am surprised you are finding it so difficult to get through on a regular basis. Although there are high traffic times, in general the pick ups at Riverside are 3-6 mins. I monitor them regularly, along with all our facilities, because we treat access as a high priority. We also provide other avenues for booking/cancelling appointments, ordering prescriptions and having a consultation. Our Emis Access and E-Consult services are very popular with Vauxhall patients due to their 24/7 availability. If you want further details I will be happy to supply.
I hope to hear from you soon

M07872992501

Terrible since merge.

This surgery used to be fantastic. Since its merge with The Hurley Group, I haven't been able to get through to someone on the phone for a MONTH! E-patient access has been blocked. I can't get my repeat prescription. Just awful, awful, awful, not to mention dangerous. I'm hoping that there is some way to reach them in the next five days, otherwise I'll run out of medication and go into withdrawal. Which is far from IDEAL! I am driven to distraction by how bad this practice has become.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 24 June 2019

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 29 June 2019

Thank you for posting your comments, albeit you have had some bad experiences lately. There have been some teething problems with the merger but we are sure it will prove beneficial to patients in the long-term. In the meantime if you call me on the number below I will endeavour to resolve your current issues.

Senior Business Manager

Sacha Previn Kumar gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Unresponsive, Insensitive and quite Unprofessional

There have been numerous occasions where I have specifically requested a phone appointment with a doctor and instead mistakenly be given a face to face appointment. As for the actual doctors I find some of them to be exceptionally unresponsive, insensitive, inattentive and unprofessional. For instance, instead of paying attention to me there was an instance where a specific doctor was reading and replying to a text message. On another occasion a different doctor was more concerned about telling me about his travels and his personal life than hearing about my ailments. It is quite shocking really. I've been with Riverside Medical Centre for over a decade, however, I'm extremely disappointed with the new batch of doctors and have finally decided to change surgeries.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 16 April 2019

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 11 May 2019

Although we actively encourage patients/carers to post their comments to this forum, whether positive or negative, its anonymity makes addressing certain issues impossible as they are so specific. Yours is a case in point, and I would welcome the opportunity to look into your complaints in detail, even if it doesnt help change your mind about leaving.

We have a very robust selection process for all staff, but doctors, in particular are of highest priority. However, there are no cameras or recording devices in the consulting rooms so our only way of knowing if the interaction between doctor and patient was to the latter's satisfaction is from feedback, and we would thoroughly investigate and act on any allegations of doctors using the appointment time inappropriately eg. texting or talking about themselves rather than the patient! I sincerely hope you will contact me on the number below so I can identify the individuals concerned and investigate their actions.

Anonymous gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Thank you!

A big thank you to a particular member of staff for sorting out issues promptly and for being always very professional!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 15 March 2019

Anonymous gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Thank you!

A big thank you to a particular member of staff for all his help and for being nice to my Mum who does not speak English!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 15 March 2019

Steve gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always great service

Always had great service at riverside . It’s generally quick to get an appointment and staff are friendly and helpful

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 25 January 2019

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 06 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on NHS Choices

Thank you for your positive comments which we greatly appreciate and will share with the team.

We are proud of our patient service and review our processes regularly

Could be a lot better

I don't understand why there is so many good reviews this doctors is a nightmare don't get me wrong once you get an appointment it is usually not bad
but just getting an appointment is awful the telephone and booking system is a joke
you can be waiting over a month just for an appointment and are told to phone everyday around 8am to see if can fit you in which is a nightmare especially if you work
this doctors is far to big with to many patients to deliver a decent service
and some of the staff treat you absolutely with no respect when on the phone but nice to your face at reception

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 10 March 2019

Anonymous gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great gp’s

The gps here are very knowledgeable

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 15 December 2018

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 23 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to comment

We appreciate your feedback