Riverside Medical Practice

02030494500 Hobart House, St Georges Wharf, Wandsworth Road , London, Greater London, SW8 2JB

Benke gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Rehearsed over and over about what to say to the Dr.

I didn't even want to be called in as I was sitting in the waiting area! I'm nervous. Embarrassed. Broken. Weak. Loser. The last thing I needed now was to be judged and lectured...
But how wrong was I?!? I was made to feel totally at ease, unjudged and totally comfortable within seconds after blurting out my problem that I needed help with.
Pure dignity and respect!
Oh yeah... and there was a cure for my problems as well. I know I will get better. (maybe most importantly...)

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 18 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on NHS Choices

Thank you for your positive comments which we greatly appreciate and will share with the team. We are proud of our patient service and review our processes regularly.

Great experience

I made an inquiry online and the doctor called me the next day and scheduled an appointment at the time I wanted. The staff are friendly and professional.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 22 December 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 27 December 2017

We are proud of our patient service and review our processes regularly.

Brilliant surgery

The receptionists are always welcoming and friendly and the Medical staff listen to the issue in a sympathetic and understanding manner.
Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 06 November 2017

Wonderful service

I registered and the staff at reception was so lovely, they helped me with any questions and even booked me an appointment for the same day. The doctor was super nice, professional and respectful. I would recommend this to anyone!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 December 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 11 December 2017

Anonymous reviewed Riverside Medical Practice

Excellent GP

Love the online system - so easy when busy at work to just quickly write my complaint, then get quick phone call from GP to form a plan - very time efficient for me and for GP surgery. Love it.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 November 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 30 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices for our Practice.

We greatly appreciate your positive comments which we will feedback to the whole team.

We are proud of our patient services and we review our processes regularly.

Nanadoku gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

All's well that ends well

This morning, Tuesday 12/0917 I made sure I was at the door of the Riverside Medical Practice at 8am as I wanted to get a same day appointment. Two people tried to gain access to the door and as they went to, presumably, a side entrance as they passed the queue they said good morning and assured us that someone would be down immediately to let us in although they could not. I recognized one of them as a member of staff. No sooner had they finished speaking when a receptionist came down the stairs and let us in. I found this a very welcoming start to my attending the surgery.
I was immediately offered an appointment with a doctor within the next half hour. I had made the appointment because two of my friends had been diagnosed some days ago with shingles, and had impressed upon me that it was an extremely unpleasant and condition which was causing them pain and discomfort.

The doctor explained that people aged 70 and 79 were eligible for a free vaccination against shingles. I'm 71 and expressed surprise that I had not been informed of this last year. The doctor scrolled down my medical records and said that not only had I been informed but that the Riverside Practice had actually given me the vaccine last year when I turned 70. I was highly embarrassed by this memory lapse (wasting the GP's precious time ), but my relief at learning I'd been vaccinated soon covered this embarrassment. I'd wanted an early appointment because I'm part of a knitting circle that meets at the Durning Library, Kennington Lane to knit 'Twiddle Mitts' to help people suffering from dementia for the King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. I suffer from high anxiety and depression for which I have received ongoing excellent treatment from the Riverside Practice for many years. Hearing that I'd already received the shingles vaccine allayed my anxiety and allowed me to attend the morning's knitting circle. Good for my peace of mind, good for the sufferers of dementia, good for the Durning Library and good for King's College Hospital. I truly felt part of a virtuous circle, contributing not only to my own health and well being but also towards that of the wider community. Practice. People who carp about the NHS, a service funded by us for us should practice being more grateful. Gratitude we are constantly advised is very good for our health and well being. Thank you Riverside Practice for constantly giving me reasons to be grateful.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 13 September 2017

hank you for taking the time to write a comment on NHS Choices

We appreciate all reviews and feedback from our patients, as it helps us to improve our services to enable us to continue to provide the best service we can for our patients.

James gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Patient Experience

I have been registered at a number of practices all over the country. This one is by far the best -- extended opening, very accommodating, friendly team of professionals and support staff.

Keep up the great work!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 22 September 2017

K. Williams gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Cancel my appointment without explanation?

Few hours earlier, they sent a reminder about my appointment tomorrow. Few hours later, they sent another text to tell me that they have had cancelled the same appointment.

The worst part of the whole thing is, they didn't even bother to call me and rearrange, but to simply text me "right on time" when they close for the day!

I've been waiting for this appointment for weeks. Now it left me in an anxious state of mind.
Unforgiveable behaviour!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 02 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on NHS Choices

We are very sorry that you have had a poor experience at our practice. We always look to improve our service and feedback helps us to do this.

In the event of the practice having to cancel appointments due to unseen circumstances, Our policy is to attempt to contact the patient first via the telephone and if we are unable to get through, we would then send a text message informing the patient of the cancellation and to ask the patient to contact the surgery to rearrange the appointment, we would also attempt to contact the patients throughout the day.

I will speak to the admin team to ensure when clinics or appointments are to be cancelled that they always try contacting the patient by telephone.

We did receive an e-mail from you later that day informing us that you had received a telephone call from us and we were able to rearrange your appointment for the same day that it had been cancelled.

K. Wiliams gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Follow up of my last review

I gave this clinic quite a poor review on 28 September 2017. In that review, I said they cancelled my appointment via text without rearranging a new appointment for me.

I'd like to apologise for the comment. What happened was, an hour after my complaint, a stuff from the clinic called me and rearrange another appointment.

Also, their complaint handling team was quick to respond.

So, I'm satisfied with their handling.

Again, I'm sorry to be unfair to the clinic and its staff.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 03 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time for rewriting your review regarding our Practice. This is greatly appreciated.

Maurizio Marinelli gave Riverside Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

excellent service

I would strongly recommend the Riverside Centre: both the doctors and the admin. staff are extremely polite and knowledgeable.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Riverside Medical Practice replied on 13 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on NHS Choices

Thank you for your positive comments which we greatly appreciate and we will share this with the team. We are proud of our patient service and review our processes regularly