Kenmore Medical Centre

01625532244 60-62 Alderley Road , Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1PA

Jan McIntyre gave Kenmore Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Would recommend Kenmore every time.

I am so impressed with this practice. All of the staff go out their way to help where they can, and are always kind and courteous. Today I was feeling really ill with a bad flare of asthma I called the practice at 12.15pm and I was seen by one of the lovely doctors at 12.50 pm on that day! The doctor sorted me out with the necessary medications and was extremely kind and professional. The NHS is still something to be treasured and nurtured, and Kenmore is a shining example. Thank you all so much, we are lucky to have you!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

Anonymous gave Kenmore Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Disappointing

I continue to be surprised at the poor level of health provision from this practice which appears to have little interest in patients.
It is impossible to book appointments.The surgery offer appointments in 5 days unless an emergency & at wholly inconvenient times if you are working.
There is no follow up.
There is no attempt to offer health assessment or preventive medicine.
Results of health tests are ignored or not passed on.
There is a pervasive atmosphere that everything is too much trouble.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 May 2018

Anonymous gave Kenmore Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Disappointed with the care

I have been registered with the practice for over 20 years but fortunately have only used the service on rare occasions. I was however very ill earlier this year and was seen quickly. Unfortunately my condition deteriorated. Despite my partner ringing the practice to explain how ill I was and that I couldn’t get out of bed, the doctor wouldn’t visit but spoke to me on the phone. I don’t think the best clinical decisions were made but I was too ill to argue. My partner was told to ring back the next day if I was no better. The practice was closed for staff training. Having already phoned NHS111 the day before and got nowhere we decided to wait to see if I improved. I didn’t so we rang the practice again the next day. We spoke to the nurse practitioner who was abrupt (this particular NP usually is and had previously missed my partners appendicitis). Again a home visit was refused so the only way I could be seen was to go to the practice. I think appropriate clinical decisions were made this time. However I am sure my condition would have improved more quickly had different decisions been made during the telephone consultation. I felt very let down by the care I received and the lack of concern shown and my partner felt very unsupported. I’m surprised the NP sent me home without any follow up to see if I’d improved. I’m not surprised that people go to A&E. We nearly resorted to this and with hindsight would have been better off doing so.

I can’t be bothered to complain and I’m not sure changing practices will be any better, however I do note that Wilmslow Health Centre do make the effort to respond on this forum, unlike Kenmore.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 04 March 2018

Anonymous gave Kenmore Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Supportive, safe and effective - many thanks!

I have needed to see medical professionals for an unknown issue. It took several visits to work out next steps which included a nurse x2, a GP x2 and then finally a further visit. For each step the process was clearly challenging in terms of availability of appointments. I give this background context because all concerned from reception to nursing and the GPs I saw were unfailingly polite, sensible and pragmatic whilst ensuring I was supported and cared for. I found the experience stressful due to the unknown possibilities of outcome (cancer?, tests of lots of other possibilities) and yet the human connection and contact was never rushed or done in anything other than a positive and caring way.
All of the above is remarkable due to the pressure and stress the NHS is under. I wish to congratulate all for their support care and professional approach including reception, management and clinical team - this is no accident!. I appreciated this work. I do not wish to disclose my name or the nature of my medical issues because this is not the right forum for that but wanted to say a massive thanks very much! I hope you all enjoy some well deserved time off with your family and friends during the festive period.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017

Anonymous gave Kenmore Medical Centre a rating of 3 stars

Mistakes Creeping In

I'm not sure if the recent influx of new residents to the area has put undue pressure on this practice, however in recent months I have noticed a falling off in their once efficient ways. This ranges from reception staff - by phone and in person - and the GPs themselves. Recent issues have left me much less confident in this practice than I used to be.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

New patient at practice

I have only just moved to this area. I can honestly say that I have found this practice to be very good in all respects.
I had a call to a secretary about an on-going medical problem and they were able to tell me that my doctor had already approached the necessary department at Macclesfield hospital and that I would have to have a further blood test to monitor one of my medications. The secretary was most helpful and kind and my new doctor here has been very thorough.
I saw the practice nurse who was excellent and the receptionists are very efficient.
I am very glad I joined this practice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Anonymous

I count myself very lucky that I have a practice that has taken care of me so well over the past twenty year's. Over the past ten years I have been very seriously ill. These people have nursed me through some of my darkest hours. Once you leave hospital people forget its your GP practice that picks up the pieces each time, and carries on nursing you for months and months. In my case 18+ months. Let's not forget the other wonderful people who work like a well oiled machined group. Nurses, district nurses, the lovely staff who answer the phone, and bend over backwards to help when you are in need of help. The magnificent person who works wonders In finding a vein. And last but certainly no means least, the doctor for their patience, kindness and respect for trying to find what's best for me. Thank you to you all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Kenmore Staff

As a 68 year old accident prone diabetic in the last year I have been seen by 4 of the seven doctors, 3 of the nurses and a very competent phlebotomist. Every single one of them performed their task perfectly. I was always kept informed and treated with respect. I can not fault the service this practice has given to me.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 April 2017

Anonymous gave Kenmore Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Refuse to accept full blood teat results from specialist!

Appalling!!!!!! Attended for prescription review in January. Accepted that I still require prescribed medication for inflammatory arthritis with resulting raised B.P., following acceptance of full blood tests at Wythenshawe hospital in November. April - Kenmore Medical Centre refutes Wythhenshawe results and refuses to prescribe essential medication without further intrusive tests.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 April 2017

Efficient and responsive service

I've been with Kenmore for 8 years. I get great care for my longterm condition. I phoned on monday morning to ask if I could speak to a GP the same day as I needed some urgent medication which had been initiated when I was on holiday. The duty doctor phoned me back within a few hours and was very professional, ensuring it was safe to prescribe over the phone, and arranged for the prescription to be collected - all of this done without me needing to leave work. It's great that the GPs are able to trust and support patients over the phone and were so responsive to my needs. A great practice!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017