Greensand Surgery (Ampthill)

01525631390 The Health Centre, Oliver Street, Ampthill , Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK45 2SB

Helen Chamberlain gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

This surgery gets it right! Having moved from a surgery in Flitwick which was getting it wrong on so many levels I can believe the difference. Well done to everyone concerned.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 23 July 2018

Anonymous gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 5 stars

The best surgery in a while

Always helpful
The receptionist are polite, helpful and unlike previous receptionist in other surgeries who think they are the qualified doctors, as well as doing a good impression of a bull dog, they are always happy to help.
Always clean and tidy
if you don't mind not seeing a specific doctor you can generally get in on the day you phone or the next.
Nurses always helpful and polite.
online repeat prescription and appointment systems are really useful too

The only minus is its linked to Bedford Hospital rather than L&D as I work in Luton which would be more convenient

couldn't recommend them enough

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 26 March 2018

Anonymous gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 1 stars

Rude and apalling management and staff

Each time ive gone to see my doctor who is much more pleasent and not a fault in my care that does not compensate for the rudeness of one particular manager of the surgery and even childlike treatment from some staff. Their communications is appalling from simple breakdown of notifications of appointments to getting the correct medications done in time for continuous treatment administered to a patient (a baby) when previously been notified for it to be completed and waiting by the day its due to be picked up, to find it hasnt been after been assured would be resulting chasing other professionals at hospital to not getting hold of relvant person delaying administered medication. Been at this surgery for 7yrs almost purely for doctor i see but let down by the staff esp asking for particular time appts that non existant, unable to prebook for early afternoon to be told ring following morning but to hear when in surgery admin front desk staff on phone give out those types appts and not instead saying 'u have to ring following day', their system is very willynilly and admin extremely clicky operated and uncaring.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 18 December 2017

Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) replied on 18 January 2018

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced a poor service at Greensand Surgery.
I would be happy to discuss this matter with you but you have not left your contact details.
Can you please contact myself or Dr Rowe regarding your complaint either in writing or telephone 01525 631390.
Regards
Dawn Moore, Practice Manager.

Anonymous gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 1 stars

Appalling staff

Changed to this surgery recently and the staff are appalling. Refused to speak to doctor about getting a prescription requested by the oncology dept at the hospital as there was a letter. I asked to make an appointment to see doctor to discuss the request and they refused.
Doctors may be good here but admin staff could do with some lessons in compassion and manners

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Rero27 gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 5 stars

Best care we've received in 5 years

I contacted Greensand surgery after being let down by our regular surgery in Marston Moretaine, when I needed someone to check my 11 year old daughter out urgently.

I rang and spoke to a member of staff, who understood my concern immediately and offered a same day appointment to see the doctor. This was mind blowing, as in my 5 years at my previous surgery, I'd never had such an understanding individual on the other end of the phone.

At the appointment itself, the doctor we saw was lovely, kind, professional and listened to every word we said. It was the fist time in several years, that I didn't feel like a nuisance for visiting the doctor. They immediately swung into action and less than a week after seeing them, we have had tests done, results discussed, a paediatric referral done, appointment instructions received and appointment made.

I highly recommend this surgery.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Swift gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 5 stars

Excellent General Practioner

I was invited to attend an annual review at this practice for a chronic health condition.
Having recently moved to the area , this was my first visit to the surgery.

On arrival, the clinic was in disarray due to something related to a fire alarm , hence a fire engine and several firemen stationed in the car park. That, in itself brightened up my morning.

I was informed by a receptionist, that because of the problems mentioned , all appointments were running late , however I was seen precisely on time.

The GP I saw, was possibly the most approachable GP I have ever had an appointment with. The GP listened to me , didn't patronise me, respected my opinions , decisions & choices regarding my health issues , and most importantly , had a caring persona.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this surgery. I was very impressed & pleasantly surprised, especially as having the misfortune of being allocated some truly obnoxious doctors, at other surgeries in the past.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 March 2017

Anonymous gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 5 stars

We are so lucky to have our doctor

I am 35 and my mother is 72. We have both been going to the same doctor for many years and could not ask for any more of a GP.

Not only are they a consummate professional but the respect, empathy and humility with which they treat their patients is genuinely fantastic.

Regardless of how busy the practise is, they always have the time to discuss any issues you have and you never feel rushed.

Long may they continue to be our GP.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Marion gave Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) a rating of 5 stars

First class surgery and staff

I have been going to this surgery for many years and it really is first class.

The doctor is an excellent GP. I have always received good service if I have seen any other of the doctors either. The nurses are also very good and knowledgeable, and really care about you. The receptionists are, again, most helpful.

I have 100% confidence in this surgery, and realise how fortunate I am!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 26 February 2017

Greensand Surgery (Ampthill) has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Greensand Surgery (Ampthill)

I loved my doctor my avoid the staff

The doctor was always very good in getting what was te issues and trying to solved but the rudeness of the staff and the stress they created day after day does not compensate the good doctor i had. In the beginning i tried to ignore, but it was too much, the calls, the comments, the bad information, the way i was addressed.

Now i am in a new doctor and i the only thing i can say is that i regret not doing the change sooner.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 07 January 2017