Bingley Medical Practice

01274568383 2 Kingsway , Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 4RP

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Almost every month they get my repeat prescription wrong !

What in earth is going on. I fill out the repeats form and almost every month there is an item missing when i go to collect them. Fortunately i keep a photocopy now so i can proove i ordered it. Even when i reorder to correct your mistake you sometimes get that wrong too.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 05 June 2019

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 17 June 2019

Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused as this is not how we wish to process our prescription requests.

Would you kindly contact myself or our Office Manager on 01274 568383 so we can understand what went wrong and then put it right. To my knowledge we have had one other issue with almost identical problems and if its the same one please be assured we've changed our processes to provide a solution to your IT issues.

Please do contact us if this is a new issue and allow us the opportunity to correct the problem.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

Had to swap GP surgery due to terrible customer service

I had the worst experience in trying to book appointments and one particular member of the reception staff was extremely rude to me on two separate occasions. This made the health problems I had at the time much worse and resulted in my being reluctant to contact the surgery to book appointments. I now have an ongoing complaint with the NHS about this. The surgery has also lost two forms for my partner containing personal data and nobody is able to explain where they are. This is also going through the complaints procedure. I have now swapped to Springfield Surgery and they have been fantastic. The friendly service and the staff are worlds apart from Bingley Medical Practice. It is a shame for the doctors at Bingley, because I never had a problem with them, It is the rude reception staff and this problem needs to be addressed. It astounds me that such rude people are answering the telephone daily to people who need help and assistance. I do not want any response to my review from the Practice Manager and I have made it clear in all my correspondence to my MP and the NHS that I don't want someone who works at the practice involved in resolving the complaint. This issue needs to be dealt with objectively. I wanted to post this review here today to make people aware of the situation and experience I have had with the surgery,

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 16 May 2019

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 17 May 2019

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your comments - and I am sorry that your experience of our Reception team is not been up to the standards we aim for.

I understand that you have written to both your MP and NHS England, rather than to us, and they in turn have asked us to contact you to look into your concerns. I understand we have sent you several invitations, but we have not heard from you as yet.

The best way to help us improve is to talk things through with our Practice Manger, Carey Dowson, who is best placed to investigate your complaint and make any changes that are required to improve things.

We are keen to put things right, so I hope you are able to get in touch so we can address your concerns.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Janet McNiffe gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Thank your lucky stars.....

I would like to share our experience of being a patient at Bingley Medical Practice. My husband and I have been with the practice since we moved to Gilstead in 2006 before the new build at Canalside. We have had excellent care from the doctors and all of the team from day one. There have been some difficult times in our lives and we have always be able to depend upon the services given by this forward thinking practice. I am astounded to hear some of the comments patients leave as a review, these would be better given to the Practice Manager who will deal with the situaion instead of reporting this onto a review site. It is good to hear things that have not gone quite right or areas for improvement and if given in the right context would be a good learning tool.

Bingley is so lucky to have such a practice who are prepared to constantly improve their services for the good of their patients. I feel I am in a position to confirm this having worked in the NHS hospital BRI and managed a Medical Practice for 20 years. My husband and I have nothing but admiration for the practice and the whole team and the great work they do.
I am sure the negative comets are but a few but wake up you could not have better heath care anywhere! Thanks to all of the dedicated team x

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 08 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on NHS Choices

We have shared your comments amongst the team and it certainly uplifted us. We are proud of our services we offer to our patients and always welcome the opportunity for continuous improvement in our Practice.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

I want to thank one particular doctor for the care and support he has given Melissa andI as Melissa has complex Heath needs and with out him , the Distric nurse and a particular lady from another health centre I would not have got through the last 14 months as Melissa's health has been very challenging to say the least .

Melissa went into Airedale hospital August 2017 and they said the would not operate but to cut a long story short in the end they had to take her to theatre, where they found she has septicaemia and gangrene ! She was in intensive care for 7 day and they could not put her stomach and bowel back together as she was so ill after 6 weeks she did come home with a drain bag to let her stomach contents drain which had to be put back through her jedjonostomy !

The Dr and nurse supported me every step of the way to care for Melissa Wich was above and beyond there care and I cannot thank then enough as Melissa was very unwell she collapsed on me on her 21st Birthday so we were back in hospital but again the doctor and nurse supported me again on returning home !

In January we went into st James for the Consultant to put Melissa's stomach and Bowel back together Wich was touch and go if she pulled through, again we were in for another six weeks I stayed with her again day and night because of her disability ! They even came to Melissa's discharge meeting to get as much information to help me look after Melissa .

When we got home again the doctor and nurse continued to support me to care for Melissa that was not easy as she kept getting pain and non of us knew what was causing the pain but the doctor kept coming out to see Melissa at home and tried different pain relief !

We have been back into St James under a particular Consultant the last 3 weeks and he has changed some of Melissa's medications we are hoping it will help but now we are home the doctor is still supporting me to care for Melissa which I am truly grateful as the last 14 months has been very stressful ! This doctor deserves to be recognised for his caring support he has given Melissa and myself ! Thank you so much

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 08 March 2019

Thank you for your comments.

I have passed on your comments to the individual involved your and Melissa's care

Transgender Care

I'm sick of chasing up referrals with this doctor. One referral took 4 months to put through for a 'joint specialist' who turned out to be another GP who was completely useless even when I requested a rheumatologist and then my referral to a rheumatologist took weeks.
Now I was told that in association with me being transgender and getting a referral that the referral would be done instantly after a meeting with the other doctors. Two weeks later and I'm still being told that I need to wait yet another week and call back for an update the following week with no guarantee that it will even be done by then.
Never mind that it takes 455 days to even get an appointment.
They are causing patients unnecessary stress just because they can't speed up referral times and have even misplaced one of my referrals before until I called up months later to enquire what was happening with that.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 20 August 2018

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your comment. I share your frustration that waiting times for some specialist and hospital services are far too long at the moment, particularly for "medical" specialities such as Rheumatology, where there are chronic staff shortages. I regret that it is not something we as GP's have any control over: you might be better to direct that part of your complaint to the Clinical Commissioning Group (Bradford Districts), or NHS England.

I am sorry to hear of the other problems you are having. It sounds an unusual case: I a surmising that the referral you are requesting is unusual, or possibly one where NHS funding has to be sought specially. I suggest you contact us directly so we can look into this for you: ring 01274 568383 and ask to speak to our Practice Manager, and I hope we can resolve the issue.

Yours sincerely,

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Care for a transgender young person

Bingley Medical Practice and especially one doctor have been absolutely brilliant providing care for my eldest after she came out as transgender at 15. It was a very worrying and unpsetting time for us and she was suffering from a lot of associated mental health problems. Bingley Medical Pratice made it as easy for us as it could be, helping us access specialist services, providing medical treatments and writing evidence which helped her remain in school. The doctor was one of a very small group of medical professionals my child actually felt was helpful and supportive, and one of the very few she felt able to talk to. The receptionist who took my original phonecall was also very kind - I'm sorry I didn't get her name - and the pratice nurses took the trouble to learn how to do a particular injection for her which we also appreciate very much. As a family we will always be grateful for the care she received and is receiving. Thank you.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 15 June 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased to be able to offer our support

Phone diagnosis

I do yoga and pilates so i know how to work my body, I've seen a private chiropractor who recommended an xray but all you do is wait for the symptoms to worsen and hand out drugs!!
I don't want drugs( i pay for prescriptions) i would rather use that money towards getting to the root problem of my back problem
To get a private mri( which I'll quite happily pay for) i need a referral but all i get is a prescription over the phone, I'd like to know what the problem is so i know how to fix it without drugs

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 June 2018

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 01 June 2018

Der Anonymous,

Thank you for your comments. Back pain is distressing and debilitating - but it is well established that Xrays and MRI scans are of no use in the diagnosis or treatment of most cases of back pain, and you Chiropracter should know this. It might seem to go against common sense, but Xrays and scans will not often show the true cause of the pain and - worse - can be misleading. You can read the NICE Guidance on back pain here, if you wish:- https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng59

I do not know the specifics of your condition, but it seems likely that the advice that you have received from us is correct. But feel free to ask us for another appointment (face-to-face if you prefer) to discuss the best way forward.

Yours faithfully,

Poor Experience and service

I am in the process of moving away from this Practice. I have zero confidence in the practice delivering any form of quality health care. Over the last 12 months I’ve had to visit this practice on a number of occasions and quite frankly I received more information from google than I every did from the so called medical professionals. When you go there is only one receptionist dealing with patients dispute there being a queue of servers people. Swapping to a new GP service can’t come sooner for me .

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 June 2019

Bingley Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Answer the phones!!

Unless calling first thing it is impossible to get through! Once again waiting over 25 minutes to get through only for someone to pick up the call then hang up - twice!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 25 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Would you kindly either contact me directly or our Office Manager, in absolute confidence, as we would like a few more details to assist us in identifying the root cause of this issue. We asked our telephone system provider to check through the phone stats for the 9th March 2018 and the longest time someone waiting was 11 minutes. Also, it isn’t our policy to hang up on patients and again we couldn’t see any record of an individual receptionist answering a call and then immediately terminating it.

There are 2 surgeries in the Canalside Health Care Centre and I would like to check it is our phone system at fault here.

Still, I appreciate that waiting for 11 minutes for a call to be answered is still an unacceptable wait We will be undertaking a system review and will be involving our Patient Group as part of the discussions

Please do accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused

Dave Rowlinson gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great support from Reception staff

On Friday March 16th this year my wife woke up with severe facial paralysis . We went through the " exercise /tests " for stroke and decided that she probably had Bell's Palsy !

I telephoned surgery for advice and the chance of an appointment or triage -I must admit I was in a bit of a panic . The person who answered my call that morning [sorry I can't remember her name ] was very calm ,professional and helpful . First of all she reassured me that a doctor would get back to us -then asked us to hold while she got immediate advice .
The advice was to get an ambulance and go to hospital and be checked out properly ,which of course was the correct thing to do .

The fact that she could tell that I was quite stressed and acted in a calm supportive manner was greatly appreciated . Thank you .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 April 2018

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 25 April 2018

Thank you for your comments, which we will pass onto the Back Office team.