Bingley Medical Practice

01274568383 2 Kingsway , Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 4RP

Margaret Maslen reviewed Bingley Medical Practice

Excellent Receptionist

I recently attended an appointment at Thompson Court. The receptionist was on the telephone and politely asked me if I wouldn't mind waiting a minute. I sat in the reception area, so I could, of course hear their side of the conversation. The receptionist was quite obviously speaking to someone who was either confused or being difficult. The receptionist was infinitely polite and patiently explained several times what the situation was. The call went on several minutes and during that time the receptionist was helpful, polite and spoke with great empathy. At no time did the receptionist shown any sign of impatience. I was extremely impressed. Well done - you are a credit to the surgery.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 01 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

We do spend a great deal time training all our staff here at the Practice and it's pleasing to see this benefitting our patients. We will of course forward these comments onto the reception team.

Part of the training involves meeting with the Patient Group on a regular basis to share all our experiences and we have scheduled further discussions for the remainder of 2017. Please feel free to use this route for any future comments as we must continuously strive to improve our services for all our patients here at the Practice.

Yvonne Smith gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I would just like to say thank you. I rang on the Monday morning (always a busy day) and explained my problem (I had hurt my knee). I was given an appointment for the same morning. I saw the doctor, who examined my knee and suggested I have an xray and some physio. They said they had a local physiotherapist (Bingley Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic) that they used who would be able to fit me in quickly I rang to book the xray and got an appointment for the following morning. I then rang the Physio and was booked in for the following afternoon. The physiotherapist was excellent and I was sorted out quickly and professionally.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

We will pass on your comments to the relevant teams.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very speedy access to a GP

Having telephoned at just after 8am and requiring a face to face appointment, rather than telephone discussion with a doctor: I was telephoned back within 5 minutes and offered an appointment that afternoon. The receptionist had clearly asked for guidance on how to proceed. I was very impressed with the quality of service, just as I have been in the past.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We offer a telephone triage service, Monday to Friday, for patients who need to be seen on the day and we ask patients to call between 8.00 and 10.30am

The Doctors have asked reception to take a main symptom during the conversation so that the clinician can then take the most appropriate level of care or action. In this case the GP requested reception to make a face to face appointment. Reception do ask other questions as well, such as which Doctor the patient normally sees as we try to ensure we have Continuity of Care. All this helps the Doctor provide the highest quality of care in an expeditious manner as possible.

Some patients don't feel comfortable talking to a receptionist about their symptoms, however, please be reassured we take patient confidentiality very seriously indeed and these questions do assist the Doctor.

Meryl Rowlinson gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

I find my doctor to be a very supportive, caring and approachable doctor. The doctor researched my medical history and reviewed it recently and gave me a copy. This must have taken a long time and I very much appreciate the doctor's thorough and holistic approach to my health problems.
I also see other doctors ,nurses and health professionals including physiotherapists and a member of staff at Canal side and always receive excellent care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 20 March 2017

Thank you for comments.

I'll ensure these comments are forwarded to the team

Bingley Physiotherapy Referral

Referred by GP to Bingley Physiotherapist. Received speedy appointment and professional care from them, would recommend to others. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for your response.

I will ensure that your comments are forwarded to the relevant team members.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Physio and skin clinic referrals

I visited the surgery on a Wednesday and by Saturday I was having treatment for a shoulder injury at Bingley Physiotherapy Clinic, which was excellent in itself.
I was also referred to the skin clinic at St Lukes and my appointment came through in less than a week.

I have always been extremely happy with the service I receive from Bingley Medical practice

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your comments.

Excellent, personalised care

Recently, I was very unwell and after arranging telephone triage, the doctor called back to offer advice and then called again to check in on progress. Too ill to get to the surgery for a blood test, the doctor visited me personally and then texted me the results to keep me in the picture.

It was a thoughtful, rapid response when I most needed it and it was really appreciated.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 26 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact NHS Choices

I will ensure that your comments are passed to the appropriate clinician.

Paula Dunning gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Physio

Following a car accident on the 22ND of December I was left in a lot of pain and unable to work. I saw my gp in the new Year and 2 days later I had an appointment at Bingley Physiotherapy Sports Injury Clinic. After 8 treatments I was able to go back to work. Without Without the partnership of my gp practice and Bingley Physiotherapy Sports Injury Clinic and their
amazing service I would have had more sleepless nights, more time off work and been unable to get back on my horse. The NHS is under a lot of pressure and I know the wait for physio is usually quite long.
I can't praise you all enough for helping me make a speedy recovery.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 12 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact NHS Choices.

I will forward your comments to Bingley Physio.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Always there when I need them

I have a long term illness which is quite complicated. No matter who I deal with whether it is the receptionist or GP they are always helpful and understanding. If I need a prescription or an appointment urgently everyone does what they can to help and being able to speak to a GP over the phone easily is brilliant. They have always given me good care and support. I am always involved in making decisions about what needs to be done next - working together to ensure that I feel like I am still in control. I can not thank everyone enough for what they do for me. I have the confidence that no matter what, they will do the best they can for me. Thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 12 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact NHS Choices.

I will ensure your comments are passed to the clinical team here.

Excellent support

Like many men , I didn't really visit my GP very often except for check ups and travel jabs ! However, 10 years ago I had a stroke and now I am a regular at our practice. The service and support I receive from all the staff is brilliant ,friendly and very professional, My main doctor has looked after my regular check-ups ,changes of medication and supported me with my own health regimes . Also when there have been reasons to refer me to specialists at hospital or other clinics -they do it promptly and always follows up tests and results and phones or e-mails me with updates and blood test results as soon as they arrive. All the other medical , reception and nursing staff I meet at Bingley Medical Practice are also really supportive and friendly and I think I owe them a real thank you for my continuing good health .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 12 December 2016

Thank you for your comments.

I'll ensure the whole team are made aware of your views.