Bingley Medical Practice

01274568383 2 Kingsway , Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 4RP

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Answer the phones!!

Unless calling first thing it is impossible to get through! Once again waiting over 25 minutes to get through only for someone to pick up the call then hang up - twice!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

Bingley Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Dave Rowlinson gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great support from Reception staff

On Friday March 16th this year my wife woke up with severe facial paralysis . We went through the " exercise /tests " for stroke and decided that she probably had Bell's Palsy !

I telephoned surgery for advice and the chance of an appointment or triage -I must admit I was in a bit of a panic . The person who answered my call that morning [sorry I can't remember her name ] was very calm ,professional and helpful . First of all she reassured me that a doctor would get back to us -then asked us to hold while she got immediate advice .
The advice was to get an ambulance and go to hospital and be checked out properly ,which of course was the correct thing to do .

The fact that she could tell that I was quite stressed and acted in a calm supportive manner was greatly appreciated . Thank you .

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 April 2018

Bingley Medical Practice has not yet replied.

Eva Palankay-Peirson gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 1 stars

No access to doctors in 19 days

Trying to get appointment within the given period and there is no chance at all.Do you think it is acceptable? A surgery having good classification?

I do not want answer your questions as they are irrelevant.
I am convinced 16 answers does not represent general view.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 January 2018

Dear Anonymous,

I appreciate your frustration, and agree that 19 days is too long to wait. You were unfortunate to callus on one of the busiest days of the year (the first working day after New Year) - and I am pleased to report that the waiting time is now down to 11 days. There is still room for improvement, but with the current problems the NHS is facing and the national shortage of GP's, our waiting times compare pretty well.

It is also worth noting that we also offer short notice appointments through our triage system: if you phone us before 10.30am on any working day we guarantee that a doctor will phone you back to address your problem, including arranging a same day appointment if needed. So if you have any serious or urgent problems we can always deal with them quickly.

I hope that goes some way to answering your complaint.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

OK unless you need an emergency appointment

The doctors are fine although seem reluctant to refer on where referral is required and do talk of conditions being possible a lot without referring to the correct specialists for diagnosis. Also the hold times to get through if you need an emergency appointment are ridiculous at over 25 minutes.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Dear Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear that you had to wait so long on hold to get through our triage system (I don't think it could have been our "emergency" line - that is always answered within a few rings). It must have been an unusually busy morning, but we will try to ensure that doesn't happen again.

It is difficult to comment on your other point without knowing more about the circumstances. As doctors we are able to make most diagnoses ourselves - but we are also happy to refer to hospital specialists where that is likely to be helpful. If you have not been offered a referral but think you need one, then let your doctor know so s/he can discuss the options with you.

I hope that helps.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Physiotherapists

I was recently referred by the doctor to the Bingley Physiotherapist and Sports Injurys Clinic
I have to say that I found them to be excellent and they were soon on top of the problem I have been having with my foot, I only wish I had gone to see them earlier.
I would highly recommend them

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 November 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 08 January 2018

Many thanks for your positive feedback. I will share it with our Physiotherapy colleagues.

Margaret Maslen reviewed Bingley Medical Practice

Excellent Receptionist

I recently attended an appointment at Thompson Court. The receptionist was on the telephone and politely asked me if I wouldn't mind waiting a minute. I sat in the reception area, so I could, of course hear their side of the conversation. The receptionist was quite obviously speaking to someone who was either confused or being difficult. The receptionist was infinitely polite and patiently explained several times what the situation was. The call went on several minutes and during that time the receptionist was helpful, polite and spoke with great empathy. At no time did the receptionist shown any sign of impatience. I was extremely impressed. Well done - you are a credit to the surgery.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 01 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

We do spend a great deal time training all our staff here at the Practice and it's pleasing to see this benefitting our patients. We will of course forward these comments onto the reception team.

Part of the training involves meeting with the Patient Group on a regular basis to share all our experiences and we have scheduled further discussions for the remainder of 2017. Please feel free to use this route for any future comments as we must continuously strive to improve our services for all our patients here at the Practice.

Yvonne Smith gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I would just like to say thank you. I rang on the Monday morning (always a busy day) and explained my problem (I had hurt my knee). I was given an appointment for the same morning. I saw the doctor, who examined my knee and suggested I have an xray and some physio. They said they had a local physiotherapist (Bingley Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic) that they used who would be able to fit me in quickly I rang to book the xray and got an appointment for the following morning. I then rang the Physio and was booked in for the following afternoon. The physiotherapist was excellent and I was sorted out quickly and professionally.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 23 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

We will pass on your comments to the relevant teams.

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Very speedy access to a GP

Having telephoned at just after 8am and requiring a face to face appointment, rather than telephone discussion with a doctor: I was telephoned back within 5 minutes and offered an appointment that afternoon. The receptionist had clearly asked for guidance on how to proceed. I was very impressed with the quality of service, just as I have been in the past.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 28 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We offer a telephone triage service, Monday to Friday, for patients who need to be seen on the day and we ask patients to call between 8.00 and 10.30am

The Doctors have asked reception to take a main symptom during the conversation so that the clinician can then take the most appropriate level of care or action. In this case the GP requested reception to make a face to face appointment. Reception do ask other questions as well, such as which Doctor the patient normally sees as we try to ensure we have Continuity of Care. All this helps the Doctor provide the highest quality of care in an expeditious manner as possible.

Some patients don't feel comfortable talking to a receptionist about their symptoms, however, please be reassured we take patient confidentiality very seriously indeed and these questions do assist the Doctor.

Meryl Rowlinson gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

GP:Practice Comment

I find my doctor to be a very supportive, caring and approachable doctor. The doctor researched my medical history and reviewed it recently and gave me a copy. This must have taken a long time and I very much appreciate the doctor's thorough and holistic approach to my health problems.
I also see other doctors ,nurses and health professionals including physiotherapists and a member of staff at Canal side and always receive excellent care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 20 March 2017

Thank you for comments.

I'll ensure these comments are forwarded to the team

Anonymous gave Bingley Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Bingley Physiotherapy Referral

Referred by GP to Bingley Physiotherapist. Received speedy appointment and professional care from them, would recommend to others. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 April 2017

Bingley Medical Practice replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for your response.

I will ensure that your comments are forwarded to the relevant team members.