The Kiltearn Medical Ctr.

01270610200 Church View Primary Care Centre, Off Beam Street , Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5NX

Cathy Woolley reviewed The Kiltearn Medical Ctr.

Flu Jab.

Have rung twice in last couple of weeks regarding husbands flu jab. First time I rang, was told that letters were being staggered and he would receive one soon. Second time, took husband 2 days to get through and he was told he would be getting a letter and to "be patient". Not heard anything. Went into surgery today, my husband explained that he hadn't had letter. Was told by receptionist that flu clinics had finished and he was no longer eligible for one. I tried to explain that he's had one every year as he has hay fever, asthma and had bronchitis twice, only to be told by receptionist "don't shout at me". Was told he'd been taken off list. If this was the case, when were they going to let him know this, why, when he rung yesterday was he told he'd been getting letter and to be patient? Receptionist obviously didn't check his notes.
Very poor service. Finding this a lot with this surgery. Doctors are brilliant, when you can get to see one. Reception seems to be the main obstacle. I tried explaining to receptionist twice that I wasn't shouting at them but they just ignored me.
Think hubby will give up and get flu jab at supermarket. No hassle there!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

A Wilson gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 3 stars

Service needs reviewing

I use this service a lot at the moment due to several medical issues going on at the moment. I really can't fault the reception team who for the most of the time are friendly and polite and can help you resolve any problems efficiently and professionally. However, there has been occasions where I have been left unpset after being spoke to in an abrupt tone. Similarly, I do however, understand that people have 'off' days where they may be stressed but when your in that kind of job you can't take out your own stress on the patients. I have had a few problems with the services system as far as my personal records are concerned as on a number of a occasions I have had other people's medical notes/records wrote on my own stating I have had surgeries done when I haven't. I have enquiried about it being taken off mine and have been told the message will be passed on and it will be dealt with, up until this point it has not, even though I have asked several times now. The sisters, nurses and health care assistants that work at the surgery are all polite and very professional, I can't fault any of them that I have been seen by. They work efficiently and get done what needs to be done with no hesitation, all done with a good attitude and manners. The majority of the doctors at the surgery are friendly and polite and don't rush you when you see them. However, some seem to rush you and don't want to listen to what is actually wrong. I once saw a doctors about something I have wrong and was told I would be referred to the hospital this referral was only made when I phoned the surgery to make sure it had been done - months later when I hadn't received any letters from the hospital, apparently they never made the referral!. The problem is now being dealt with at the hospital however it took over 18 months, when it could of been sorted a lot sooner!. I have had a few appointments cancelled due to staff illnesses and told that I couldn't been seen by anyone because all the nurses were booked up even though I need to be seen daily!. When I explained this I was asked if I really need to be seen daily and if it could wait until a day later. I'm certainly not going to go against medical advice and not be seen daily when I have been told I need to be seen. This was sorted as they managed to find me an appointment even though apparently there wasn't any available!. I certainly feel this service needs a shake up and some work needs to be done so problems and situations can be dealt with efficiently and effectively. There certainly needs to be work done on communication between all the staff so messages are passed on and situations are dealt with the first time, however, I do understand that it is a busy service and things can't just be dealt with straight away but something definitely needs to be done as too many things are going wrong and not another things are going right!!.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 2 stars

Unsuccessful at getting through to the practice yet again

After trying to get through several times to discuss my mums health I have decided that when she complained about never being able to get through to make an appointment that she was completely correct. She is 80 years old and is significantly unwell. I think it is appalling that there are not enough telephone lines or enough staff to get through and the phone is always engaged especially for someone 80 years of age. To be told to call at 8 o'clock to obtain an appointment is also ridiculous. My surgery is superb you call and someone answers and you make an appointment maybe you should take note of their practice procedures as yours are obviously not working! One very dissatisfied patients daughter.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 1 stars

Blocked my receptionist for medication for my son

My son has an incontinece problem and has an appointment later this month with a specialist. The GP has prescribed him medication to stop him wetting the bed EVERY night. They come in packs of 30. Each time we run out whilst still waiting to see the specialist I call the surgery and the receptionist puts through a prescription that I can collect after work. Not today though. 7th September 10:15. This receptionist has decided that this can't be done on the phone and I need to go into the surgery to have the exact same conversation with someone over a desk. Now trying to get some time off work to get to the surgery to have a conversation I always have on the phone to keep this particularly awkward and unhelpful receptionist happy. #goodworkkiltearn

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 2 stars

Unhappy with my visit this morning

I came to see Dr today. I immediately felt rushed the moment they called my name. By the time i reached the door they'd already taken a seat and was very quick. I felt like every time i spoke, they were like ' ok ok ok ' cutting me off in my sentence. Not once was i able to finish my sentence without them interrupting me. They didn't appreciate my concern at all. They have booked me in for a couple of appointments for various reasons but i didn't know when, who, where, what i was doing at all. I didn't cover an important aspect of why i went in because i felt like i was just getting kicked out the door. At one point i very nearly said ' would you like me to leave? ' but i bit my tongue.

I really do appreciate that doctors are busy and they listen to so much throughout the day but this appointment was first thing in the morning so there was no reason to be like that with me. I was also very early to the doctors so they took me in 10 minutes prior to my actual appointment, so surely they actually had longer to sit and listen to me but nope.

Feel very uncared for.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 August 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 14 August 2017

Dear Patient
I am terribly sorry that you feel that you were rushed in your appointment. If you could contact me at the Practice or email me at sarahburchell@nhs.net, I would like to take a few more details from you about your experience. Many thanks Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager

Clare White gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 1 stars

Very poor service, reception stafff often unhelpfful

Recently requested repeat prescription via telephone consultation with GP, asked for repeat to be double my usual amount as I was going away for 6 weeks, upon collection of medication from pharmacy I discovered that there was only my usual amount of medication ( 4 weeks) so my request had not been fulfilled, called at the surgery following day to request if the request could fulfilled as I was leaving the country in 2 days time, the receptionist's response was " I will do my best but cannot promise it" this is not what you want to hear from staff. This then caused me a great deal of anguish as this medication is important for my health and I needed to take it daily. I cannot except that this request is unusual and I have the same problem every time I try to request more the 4 weeks worth of medication.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 29 August 2017

Dear Patient. I wonder if you could contact me with a view to discussing this matter further. Please contact the surgery and ask for myself. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager.

Chris gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 5 stars

Next Day Appointment .

After the gloomy prognostications in the media was delighted to find an appointment at 07:10 am the following morning

I booked the appointment using my mobile

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Alan gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 1 stars

Booking appointments

It's impossible to book an appointment to see a doctor in this practice. Take this morning as an example. Starting 8am I rang the number 15 times. Yes that's 15 ! On eventually getting an in engaged line I was told all appointments were taken for today, but if I rang back at 12 I might be given one after 4pm. So I rang back at 12. This time 5 tries to get through, only to be told all appointments were again taken. In my experience today is not unusual. Frankly, if this were a business rather than a doctor's surgery it wouldn't survive.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 4 stars

I'm impressed!

I needed a "Last minute" appointment a few days before going on holiday, and, not feeling very optimistic, had a look online (At 2am!) I was very pleasantly surprised to get one for later that day.
Also very pleased with how my medical problem was dealt with. I was offered a self referral for physio, and an hospital appointment within a reasonable time frame.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Anonymous gave The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. a rating of 1 stars

Poor and rude Administration

I am normally not the type of person to leave a review, however the way I was spoken to during my most recent visit to the practice was unacceptable. I have been with the practice for 20 years and this is the first time I feel that I have been treated badly. To start off with yesterday I tried to arrange an appointment, this task alone took me 66 attempts at calling as the line was constantly busy. Having finally gotten through I was told that there were no more appointments available and that a GP would call me instead, which I was fine with. I was told I would need to come in and fill a temporary patient form as I was returning from university, this task took me 20mins, and in the end I never received a call from the GP. Today I called again to book an appointment, and I also asked why I was never called yesterday, the answer was which, the form I filled in was never filed. I was then given an appointment with the nurse practitioner, and told I needed to fill in another form. When I got to the reception this time around, I was asked to give my name, D.O.B and appointment time. After 10 minutes waiting I was then told that the form had been filed yesterday, and told to take a seat and wait for my appointment. I then sat waiting for my appointment which was 10.50 and when it got 11.15 I went up to the reception desk to ask the reason for the delay. I was talking to a different member of staff, who abruptly snapped to me that I had never signed in and patronisingly said to me that i should have signed in using the computer monitor at the side or come up to the desk. I then informed them that I had spoken to another person at the desk regarding my temporary form and appointment and that they had told me to take a seat and wait for my appointment. I then asked the member of staff, what should I do, and they impatiently said I'm trying to see if the nurse practitioner will see you, I politely asked if they could cancel my appointment, however luckily the nurse practitioner was free to see me. The way I was spoken to by this final member of staff was unnecessary and rude.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

The Kiltearn Medical Ctr. replied on 26 June 2017

Dear Patient
I am sorry that you have received a bad experience from your most recent visit to us. I would be grateful if you could get in touch with me by emailing sarahburchell@nhs.net. I hope to get the opportunity to speak to you about your visit. Sarah Burchell, Patient Experience Manager