The Lodge Surgery

01249479809 Lodge Road , Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3SY

Very happy

This surgery is brilliant. I have been with them for 6 years and they have always been great. I have two young children, therefore visiting fairly regularly. All the staff and doctors are professional, informative and friendly. I cannot think of anything bad to say to make this review seem a bit more balanced !

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 October 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 24 October 2018

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the practice. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the service and treatment you receive at the surgery. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

Stuart Dinwoodie gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Serious concern for my health

I had an issue last week and phoned the reception . I gave a brief description of what my immediate concerns were. The receptionist was professional courteous and understanding. I was told to keep my phone nearby and await a call from a doctor. I was called within 20 minutes and had an appointment within 2 hours. I was dealt with above and beyond what we generally hear about doctors surgeries. Thank you Lodge surgery it’s comforting to know that there is such a professional and positive surgery on my doorstep.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 24 October 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 05 November 2018

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for your kind comments which I look forward to sharing with the team.

Great Service for 28 years

My family have been patients here for many years and would never dream of leaving. Over the years the surgery have helped us through some difficult times and some momentous times on the arrival of our now teenagers. The staff are always polite and professional . We’ve been patients so long that our original Doctors have retired and I have them to thank for the arrival of my long awaited children as this was a long and difficult process. The newer Doctors are all very good and still providing the same great service in what at times can’t be an easy job.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 21 September 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 02 October 2018

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Surgery and the Staff. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

Anonymous gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 1 stars

No respect given by triage nurse.

Due to a recent stay in hospital, I was sent in again to another hospital via ambulance for the same issue. I was sent home with the advice to immediately see my gp the next day, and have a blood test. When I rang I immediately got through to reception, to have a phone call from triage. The triage nurse rang me, she was very rude and would not listen to me. Surely the patient comes first? I work at a hospital and know this should be the case! All she cared about was what was written on my notes from ED, not the advice given to me by the doctor. So now I have been told to just take high potassium foods, even though I have to take a specific test that tells me to avoid those foods and just do the tests. Or in her words just get on with it. So now I have no choice but to do this. I do not feel respected by your triage nurse. My mum then rang up who is a nurse at another gp, who asked to speak to the practice manager, but was just transferred to the triage nurse. Once again she would not listen to my mum. So now I have no advice as to regards to work and a test that may not give me an accurate result!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 07 June 2018

We apologise that you feel this way, thank you for your feedback.
Your phone call on Monday was dealt with, as per all our urgent on the day requests, and you were contacted within 40 minutes of your initial call.
The records show that our nurse spent 36 minutes on the calls to both you and your Mother. The hospital discharge summary contained instructions for us to act upon from the full clinical examination that you had the day before in A&E, if you were given different verbal advice by the Dr in A&E, this was not recorded in the discharge summary written.
A blood test was arranged for you, one week later in an appropriate time frame.
The nurse issued medication to ease some of your symptoms having listened fully to you.
It was noted one of the tests that you were asked to do by the hospital had not yet been done and therefore the nurse suggested that it would be prudent to do this ASAP, in order to allay some of your anxiety and obtain the results.
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again via the surgery.

Lovely Surgery and very caring GPs

Myself and my wife have been patients at the Lodge Surgery for many years. We have always found the GPs to be very kind and considerate and they have always shown a genuine interest. Due to recent health issues, I have had to attend the surgery quite frequently and the receptionists have got to know me quite well. They are all very friendly and are a credit to the surgery. Thanks again for all your support.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 June 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 07 June 2018

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience of the surgery.

I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team.

Many Thanks

Jenny gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Caring and professional

Thank you so much to all the staff at the Lodge surgery. I have recently had to visit on numerous occasions with my daughter. We have seen nearly all of the gps working there the phleboyomist and the nurse. We have found them all to be extremely caring and helpful. As a smaller practice it feels more personal and has a family feel to it, which made us feel welcomed and at ease. The receptionist have always been polite, friendly and kind.
I couldn't fault this surgery in anyway and am really happy that my family are patients there.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 13 March 2018

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to feedback to us. We share patients feedback with all the staff which is very much appreciated.
Many thanks

Anonymous gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Appauling service form rude receptionist staff

More than once we have been belittled and humiliated by the rude receptionists at this practice. They have no idea about confidentiality and assume it is their right to know about your condition. They give the practice a bad name.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 13 April 2018

The Lodge Surgery replied on 17 April 2018

Dear Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please contact me at the surgery so that I can look into this matter for you.

Anonymous gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Rude receptionist

I called the surgery for an emergency appointment and was spoken to by receptionist. Wow be alarmed how incredibly rude and unprofessional this person was. Not a credit to such a brilliant surgery. Such a shame as Lodge on all really is very professional but myself and others in the waiting room have found this receptionist to be incredibly rude, short tempered, impatient and snappy.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 28 September 2017

Dear Anonymous
I am very sorry to hear of your experience at Lodge Surgery.
I would be very happy to discuss this further if you would like to contact me at the Surgery.
01249 479809

Richard Wood gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Overseas visitor

A friend from overseas arrived to stay with us but the airline had lost his case containing his medication. The Lodge surgery could not have been more helpful. They registered him as a temporary resident, issued a prescription for the required medication and sorted the problem promptly and efficiently. Well done and many thanks!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 04 July 2017

Dear Richard Wood, thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are very pleased to have been able to assist with your friends medication so swiftly and I will share your thanks with the team involved.

Fantastic care, great team

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the work and long hours from the dedicated team. Never had any problems getting an appointment within a timely manner, prescriptions always sorted quickly and everyone is very personable. I've always been dealt with sympathetically and throughly. Very lucky to be able to use this surgery. Thank you all!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 07 March 2017

Dear Anonymous, thank you for taking the time to leave your very positive comments about our service.
It’s always good to receive appreciative and supportive comments from our patients and as with all feedback we will circulate your kind remarks to all the staffing team.