The Lodge Surgery

01249479809 Lodge Road , Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3SY

Anonymous gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Rude receptionist

I called the surgery for an emergency appointment and was spoken to by receptionist. Wow be alarmed how incredibly rude and unprofessional this person was. Not a credit to such a brilliant surgery. Such a shame as Lodge on all really is very professional but myself and others in the waiting room have found this receptionist to be incredibly rude, short tempered, impatient and snappy.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 28 September 2017

Dear Anonymous
I am very sorry to hear of your experience at Lodge Surgery.
I would be very happy to discuss this further if you would like to contact me at the Surgery.
01249 479809

Richard Wood gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Overseas visitor

A friend from overseas arrived to stay with us but the airline had lost his case containing his medication. The Lodge surgery could not have been more helpful. They registered him as a temporary resident, issued a prescription for the required medication and sorted the problem promptly and efficiently. Well done and many thanks!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 04 July 2017

Dear Richard Wood, thank you for taking the time to review our services. We are very pleased to have been able to assist with your friends medication so swiftly and I will share your thanks with the team involved.

Anonymous gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care, great team

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the work and long hours from the dedicated team. Never had any problems getting an appointment within a timely manner, prescriptions always sorted quickly and everyone is very personable. I've always been dealt with sympathetically and throughly. Very lucky to be able to use this surgery. Thank you all!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 07 March 2017

Dear Anonymous, thank you for taking the time to leave your very positive comments about our service.
It’s always good to receive appreciative and supportive comments from our patients and as with all feedback we will circulate your kind remarks to all the staffing team.

Sachi gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff :-)

I am one of those people that try not to visit the doctors where possible, but with 2 children under 2 and having given birth fairly recently, I have needed to visit a few times over the last couple of months. The telephone appointments are easy to access and efficient and the receptionists are lovely. The online booking is great and we have had fantastic service from our doctor who has been friendly, helpful and reassuring as well as remembering a previous appointment and asking how my son was doing.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 11 January 2017

The Lodge Surgery replied on 07 March 2017

Dear Sachi, thank you for posting such a positive review of our services! It’s always a pleasure to receive such praise for the team which I will pass on to all of them.

CAS gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Having recently had 2 major operations on my leg, I was due to have the dressing changed 2 days ago, but the hospital failed to organise my follow up care. I rang the surgery for advice, the person who took my call was so lovely and reassuring, I explained to them that 4 of my wounds are open and they immediately took control. They rang me back to advise they had arranged for a District Nurse to see me today! The district nurse then rang to discuss my wounds in order to get the correct dressings, by 3 I had fresh dressings, both went above and beyond, thank you!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 14 October 2016

The Lodge Surgery replied on 27 October 2016

Dear Cas
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our service. We are pleased that we could be of help to you.
From all the Team at Lodge Surgery

Mrs Partridge gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

New to the area

Having moved to Pewsham from Kent in March this year, my husband and i registered with Lodge Surgery. We have found to them to be very professional, efficient and helpful. Thank you to all the Reception staff, doctors and nurses.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

The Lodge Surgery replied on 15 November 2016

Dear Mrs Partridge
We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you have received from us. Your review will be shared with the whole team, thank you!

Sophie Elise Hopkins gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Not happy worse surgery

I moved my 7 month old son here 2 months ago from Hathaway medical centre becausei wasn't happy with them for the same reason plus other reasons and now I'm having trouble with the lodge my husband recommended to me that I should move our son here as my husband has been going to this surgery for many years. Our son has a allergy to milk so he's been on perscription milk for cows milk allergy since January and we ran out but before we ran out we thought we would ring them to put a perscription in so when we did run out we had tins as he was on his last tin. We rang them and We got told you can't order prescriptions over the phone anymore we would have to send them a letter so my husband went down there few days later this was when we ran out and he put a perscription in last week and to find out after a week later they still haven't ordered his milk so we have to wait till tomorrow he's been on cow an gate for a week now he's badly allergic to it and we can't starve him if anything bad happens I'm holding this surgery responsible seems as he's already had rashes not Happy at all

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 March 2016

The Lodge Surgery replied on 05 April 2016

I am very sorry to hear you have experienced a problem ordering a prescription from us and would be very happy to discuss this with you or any problem you may have in accessing our services. I would just like to point out that we haven’t changed our policy for ordering prescriptions as our doctors have never allowed our receptionists to take requests over the telephone to avoid mistakes being made, we kindly ask patients to re order them in the following ways:
1. Via email enquiries.lodgesurgery@nhs.net
2. Via repeat slip – which we provide for you
3. Via paper slip - available for you to fill in on the reception desk
4. By post - and we will return the prescription to you if you provide a stamped address envelope
5. Via our Online service - which we will be happy to sign you up for.
I hope this information will be helpful for you and your family going forward,
Lodge Surgery
01249 – 479809

Anonymous gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care always

We have always received wonderful care from the staff and doctors at Lodge. We feel lucky to be registered there.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 March 2016

The Lodge Surgery replied on 07 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback, it is always appreciated.

Jennifer Havord gave The Lodge Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

This is a brilliant surgery. I was a carer to my husband for some years and was with Hathaway before. This surgery is nearer to me and they have been fantastic support to me, particularly in the final weeks before my husband's death. They have shown compassion, care and understanding. I would recommend them to anyone and was just sorry that my daughters are out of their catchment area...A big thank you to all of you for your family atmosphere and caring committal. Rare to find in this day and age.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 31 July 2016

The Lodge Surgery replied on 04 August 2016

Dear Jennifer Havord, thank you for taking the time and trouble in writing such a lovely review which I will share with the whole Team.
Lodge Surgery