South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre

0121 415-2095 15 Katie Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham , B29 6JG

Stephanie gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 2 stars

Over 2 Hour waiting time with a baby

This place is quick frankly awful. I phoned prior to bringing my 20 month old baby ,the lady on the phone said he would get priority as he is a young child. I waited 2 hours with a baby with 40 plus temperature who was vomiting. I saw people (adults) who was going in way before me who quite frankly was busy eating sweets and taking selfies.. hmmm not sure you take priority. I can’t express enough anyone who has children please do not take them here. The only upside was the doctor seemed ok. Yours sincerely a very angry parent

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 04 December 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 06 December 2018

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory experience on one of the occasions that you visited the South Birmingham GP Walk in Centre. Please get in touch with me via the Walk in Centre telephone number 0121-415-2095 so we can discuss this issues further.

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

May as well have gone to hospital

Waited over 2 hours? How is this a walk in centre? There are people sat on the floor.

Rude receptionists - except when they are pratting around with eachother.

It is very hot - I feel more unwell following a visit - and loud. There is no electronic display so people’s names are just shouted around the 2 waiting rooms.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 26 November 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 06 December 2018

josette rice gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 3 stars

2nd visit to Katie Road walk-in centre

I was feeling unwell 2 September 2018 with a raging fever and headache and generally feeling unwell. I saw a doctor and was examined and my temperature is taken and was assured my temperature was normal despite beads of perspiration dripping from my forehead and clammy all over, hot and cold shivers. I was sent home to take paracetamol and rest. The hot and cold sweats continued for over a month when 5 October I started to experience tenderness just under my right rib cage and again feeling very drained and unwell. So I saw a doctor who gave me a thorough examination and concurred that my gallbladder was infected and prescribed antibiotics etc. I would like to add that it is obvious I was suffering the symptoms from 2 September which was not picked up by the previous doctor (sad face emoji), I would review the doctor with a 10/10 (smiley emoji and thumbs up) but the doctor who saw me 2 September 2018 did not do a thorough job. I may have developed gallstones now but will know after a scan at the hospital. THE RECEPTIONISTS were too chatty and laughing and no consideration for the patients sitting there in pain and discomfort it is quite irritating,

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 07 October 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 02 November 2018

lovely walk in service

not a very long wait at all, I was seen to quickly and able to leave within 40 minutes. The doctor who saw me was really nice, as was the nurse, both made sure I was comfortable and didn't just write me off as having a cold. Best nhs service I have used in years

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 11 October 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 13 November 2018

Thank you for your positive comments made on NHS Choices, we are pleased your visit to the Walk in Centre was satisfactory and we will share your comments with our team.

patient feedback from 02 september 2018

I was not feeling very well for a couple of days with a headache and stiff neck and a temperature so I called Katie Road Walk-in Centre for a telephone consultation and was asked by the doctor that called me back to come in. It was 7.30pm and managed to get to Katie Road for 7.50pm. There were about 10 people but I was seen by a doctor and given a thorough examination and went home less anxious. Thank you all at Katie Road for excellent service. I Would definitely refer this Walk-in Centre.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 03 September 2018

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

Endless wait at Walk-in Centre

We had to wait over 2 hours for our 7months old baby to be seen! Never again!!
The centre itself is depressing, no ventilation, one dirty toilet and no natural light. I found the receptionists unhelpful und uncaring.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 16 September 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 18 September 2018

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory experience whilst visiting the South Birmingham GP Walk in Centre. Please get in touch with me via the Walk in Centre telephone number 0121-415-2095 so we can discuss this issue further.

Always a brilliant service

Recently brought my 14 month old daughter to walk in centre, was seen within 30 minutes of arrival. Gp was excellent, very caring and knowledgable. She was diagnosed correctly and effective treatment was prescribed. Reception staff were helpful and polite, despite having to deal with some rude and difficult patients. Would definitely recommend, brilliant service all round!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 24 September 2018

Sandra Collins gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Visited 2/7/18 @ 8am back home 9.30. Brilliant.

May I congratulate all involved in this wonderful gap walk in centre, first visit ever and I had heard mixed comments about the place but in my experience it all was excellent. I saw a lovely doctor who explained everything he was doing and was very gentle. I was back home in just over an hour and seeing as I had to wait days for an appointment for a nurse ( with a doctor over a week to wait ). This is a very necessary place these days and it was all done very professionally. I would certainly put peoples mind at rest about it.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 03 July 2018

Fran gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Thank You!

Thank you so much for the care, treatment and professionalism shown by all staff when I visited your walk-in centre recently.

I was suffering with chest pains which were diagnosed by your GP as shingles (on my second visit), following an initial referral on to QE Hospital.

I think we are very lucky to have this service, particularly out of hours and at the weekend when other provision is not available.

I received excellent care and have been recommending your centre to friends and family ever since.

Thank you again!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 07 June 2018

Excellent Treatment

Visited 16 06 2018 with my brother at 8am in the morning we both suffering with chest infections staff very efficient and the doctor was wonderful first rate service thank you very much best wishes

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018