South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre

0121 415-2095 15 Katie Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham , B29 6JG

Dave gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Don’t hesitate if you have an asthma attack

Cough and wheezing were getting worse after bad night I just turned up at Katie Rd. Clinic was rammed but saw Doctor in an hour. Careful skilled sympathetic assessment. Doctor called an ambulance because it could be life threatening. West Midlands Ambulance guys started treatment and them took me to A and E. Consultant agreed it was serious leading to admission to respiratory ward. I’ve been before with other worries great doctors good diagnostic skills. None of the should I shouldn’t I worries with GP appointment. I delayed because I thought it was just a virus no temperature so wait a week.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 15 April 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 15 April 2019

Thank you for your positive comments made on NHS Choices, we are pleased your visit to the Walk in Centre was satisfactory and we will share your comments with our team.

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Very thorough doctor didn't miss a thing

I came here as an emergency as my GP was closed on good Friday. I had a very positive experience here today even though the waiting room was in excess of 30 patients on my arrival. I arrived at the surgery at 8:10 a.m. the waiting rooms were already full, the reception staff seemed stressed but were very helpful. I waited for about 1 1/2 hours before seeing a doctor. The doctor was extremely thorough and checked me from head to toe even though I've seen my own GP couple of weeks before who did not even bother to check me over I was suffering with the same symptoms but symptoms had got worse. I'm really grateful that the doctor took his time and assessed everything properly, he also advised me of when I should be thinking about going to A&e although it wasn't necessary at that time as the prescription I got subsequently worked .

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 19 April 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 23 April 2019

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care - thank you

A very busy centre. I have been three times this week and as my need wasn’t urgent decided against it. I thought I’d try my luck on a sunny Easter Day and found it very quiet. The receptionists were friendly and efficient and the doctor was exemplary. Kind, caring, efficient and friendly. Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your help today, it was a fantastic experience and I’m very grateful.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 21 April 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 23 April 2019

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

The service here is fantastic. The staff are great and the GP's are excellent. Whenever I have had to use it the consultations are thorough with Doctors that actually listen and talk to you. Getting an appointment is never an issue - no waiting for 4 weeks etc. Highly rate the service they provide . Thank you

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 21 April 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 02 May 2019

J Parsons gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Attended on Friday evening after cutting my thumb quite deeply. Despite the waiting room being completely full we were called through in just over an hour and seen by 2 excellent nurse practitioners. Despite clearly being very busy they still took the time required to properly treat me. Keep up the good work!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 24 March 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 25 March 2019

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Seen within an hour- caring and considerate staff

First visit- took my four year old and seen within an hour. Felt welcomed by receptionists and the doctor was very friendly and heard me out. Definitely the best walk in we have been too. Highly recommend

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 25 March 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 26 March 2019

Nikki Griffiths gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely fantastic

Following recent surgery and unable to make appointments at my own gp I have been visiting this practiace to see the nurse and all I can say is amazing service made to feel at ease and have been really listened to! I am actually quite sad that I will have to go and see the nurse at my surgery after this week!
Completely professional and obviously care about their patients!

Thank you so much for making me feel at ease and explaining everything to me!

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 20 March 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 29 March 2019

Anita T gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Much better than I expected

This was the first occasion that I needed out of hours medical help. I arrived at about 10:30 on a Sunday morning, not knowing what to expect. I was given a form to fill in at reception and told that I may have to wait up to an hour - which was fine. There was already a lot of people in the waiting area.
I was seen by a Doctor after about 50mins and he was very efficient and helpful. I already knew I had sciatica and the pain had got so bad I really needed some pain relief. After asking some questions and checking my mobility he explained what he was prescribing and why.
Overall my experience was very satisfactory and recommend this facility as a well run establishment.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 31 March 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 01 April 2019

Excellent service

I visited with a chest problem that was causing me concern and received excellent service from the staff and the doctor. Although busy, with a corresponding wait, I was given all the time I needed once in the surgery. Highly recommended - the NHS at its best,

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 February 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 04 February 2019

James Wilkes gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Prompt and Excellent treatment

Advised by 111 to go to Katie Road (usual GP practice not available at 19.00. Was seen within very short time of arrival and felt that doctor conducted a very thorough examination of my issue. Within ten minutes of seeing doctor I was off to chemist to pick up two recommended treatments (one on prescription. I was very relieved to have seen someone so quickly who could diagnose the probable cause and give me the confidence that I had treatments which should be effective.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 07 February 2019