South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre

0121 415-2095 15 Katie Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham , B29 6JG

Excellent service

I visited with a chest problem that was causing me concern and received excellent service from the staff and the doctor. Although busy, with a corresponding wait, I was given all the time I needed once in the surgery. Highly recommended - the NHS at its best,

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 February 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 04 February 2019

Thank you for your positive comments made on NHS Choices, we are pleased your visit to the Walk in Centre was satisfactory and we will share your comments with our team.

James Wilkes gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Prompt and Excellent treatment

Advised by 111 to go to Katie Road (usual GP practice not available at 19.00. Was seen within very short time of arrival and felt that doctor conducted a very thorough examination of my issue. Within ten minutes of seeing doctor I was off to chemist to pick up two recommended treatments (one on prescription. I was very relieved to have seen someone so quickly who could diagnose the probable cause and give me the confidence that I had treatments which should be effective.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 07 February 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 08 February 2019

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

So thankful to be treated like a human being

I went to Katie Road as advised by 111. The receptionists were very nice and the GP I seen was so patient to hear me out, he won't even realise this but just having someone listen to me and believe and treat me like I'm a part of the human race, has eased months of stress and anxiety. It's amazing what difference it makes when you realise someone actually cares about your health

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 15 February 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 18 February 2019

Wonderful place...

Couldnt get an appointment at my own GP and desperately needed urgent medical advice. Arrived first thing Saturday, with a queue of 20+ people and on opening, were given a questionnaire to complete - not a big deal. After 20 minutes we were called through and given an extremely thorough examination with courtesy and respect and left 35 minutes after it opened.
I was so impressed with the professional efficient service offered and the fact this service exists is a godsend to the bulging A&E departments, full of people whose conditions are not life threatening.
My only criticism, not a fault of the health centre, but patients in the waiting room with coughs not covering their mouths and norovirus should be in a secluded waiting room and keep their germs away from other poorly people.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 05 January 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 07 January 2019

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 1 stars

Went to centre today first time

I decide to go to this centre today to get advice but while accepting you have to wait didn’t realise that you can phone prior to coming to site.This resulted in longer waiting time as I left because people who arrived up to an hour and fifteen minutes were getting seen first. I doubt I would go there again.as there were people with young children who were clearly unwell who should have been seen firsti would just go and wait in A and E .

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 06 January 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 22 January 2019

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory experience on the occasion that you visited the South Birmingham GP Walk in Centre. Please get in touch with me via the Walk in Centre telephone number 0121-415-2095 so we can discuss this issues further.

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

No appointments at my docs

The surgery was full when I arrived. The receptionist was very polite and genuinely caring. We were seen in less than 20 mins which was amazing. The doctor was amazing and took the time to examine and discuss remedial actions in great depth. For a walk-in centre, never been treated so well, even by my own docs.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 23 January 2019

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 24 January 2019

JJ gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Well worth the wait.

Yes I had to wait about an hour but sometimes I can do nearly that at my local surgery. The doctor was great and was genuinely careing and professional. And sorted my problem!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 23 December 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 24 January 2019

Stephanie gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 2 stars

Over 2 Hour waiting time with a baby

This place is quick frankly awful. I phoned prior to bringing my 20 month old baby ,the lady on the phone said he would get priority as he is a young child. I waited 2 hours with a baby with 40 plus temperature who was vomiting. I saw people (adults) who was going in way before me who quite frankly was busy eating sweets and taking selfies.. hmmm not sure you take priority. I can’t express enough anyone who has children please do not take them here. The only upside was the doctor seemed ok. Yours sincerely a very angry parent

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 04 December 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 06 December 2018

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfactory experience on one of the occasions that you visited the South Birmingham GP Walk in Centre. Please get in touch with me via the Walk in Centre telephone number 0121-415-2095 so we can discuss this issues further.

Anonymous gave South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre a rating of 5 stars

Amazing performance compared to my own local GP practice

First visit ever as yet again could not get a local practice appointment and I was concerned with a large livid swelling on the right side of my head just before Christmas. On evening arrival the place was already busy and full. With all the clerical requirements completed I waited less than an hour before my name called.
The GP was terrific in all respects, in fact one of the most engaging I have ever had the opportunity to meet who showed me on the computer my problem and confirmed my fears I required treatment sooner than later. By 9pm I had collected a prescription and began the course of treatment. If this is insufficient the very same GP will refer me to hospital.
All in all I simply cannot fault the walk in organisation or the people who staff it. To my mind it is a superb solution to where the NHS is badly failing registered patients in conventional GP practices.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 19 December 2018

South Birmingham Gp Walk In Centre replied on 20 December 2018

Excellent walk in centrec

I visited walk in centre at two separate occasions with my child on weekend. First time my kid only got paracetamol and second time antibiotics and I can see both times my child was treated right. Waiting time was not more than an hour and doctors were very professional. I am very happy to access this service during weekends when appointments are unavailable at my surgery.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 16 December 2018