City Wellbeing Practice

02074884240 129 Cannon Street Road , London, Greater London, E1 2LX

Anonymous gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 2 stars

Service is apalling

I have transferred to the clinic this month from a previous GP and unable to get my repeat prescription. I have now been without my medication since last week, unable to get an appointment with the GP, unable to get a prescription either. My previous GP has provided all the details already. Despite requesting an emergency prescription (all else failing) and despite explaining to the receptionist the type of medication I am on, the answer has been that I can not have anything until I have an appointment with the doctor, and to have an appointment with the doctor I have to be put on a list for the doctor to call me 'at some point' and determine whether I need an appointment. Absolutely ridiculous system and completely unhelpful!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

City Wellbeing Practice has not yet replied.

Marta gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 5 stars

Effective and efficient services provided

I'm a patient of City Wellbeing practice since 2015 and I'm very pleased with the services they provide.
In particular, the doctor always treats me and my conditions in a professional way, but with cheerfulness and always with a smile. The nurse as well is always willing to help me with availability for blood tests, today they even offered to carry out a urgent blood test for me during their lunchtime, because I was in a hurry due to the fact that I needed to back to work in a short time.
Their online system to book appointments is great, and the collaborators at the reception are always very kind.
Even if I'm Italian and my English is far from being perfect, everyone has always made me feel welcome!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

City Wellbeing Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 1 stars

Treat like I am stupid

with skin reactions from more than year I've been told to drink water....
I showed doctor what kind of reactions I have and still - that I drink need to water.
Told the doctor that I drink water, I take vitamins, I moisture my skin etc...

swollen eyelid, red points on Chest, dry eyelid, 4 times a month cold sore.
I showed all my reactions and still was treated like stupid.
These tips I can get from 10yo child, but thought that doctor can treat patient but more seriously.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 28 July 2017

Dear patient we are sorry to hear of your unhappy experience. Our GPs work in the best interest of their patients and due to the anonymous nature of the posting I cannot investigate the claim that you was just told to drink water. I would urge any of our patients with any queries or complaints to contact me in the first instance so we can attempt to resolve any issues.

Anonymous reviewed City Wellbeing Practice

I had enough of this surgery

After few years I am giving up this place is not what I would expect from General practice.
Starting from arrogant doctor who could answer three simple questions and was defensive and not apologetic. Also nurse leaves a lot to ask. I could go on and on about City wellbeing . It is nearly imposible to get appointment and I was using A&E unfortunately putting unnecessary strees on NHS. Last year there was exchange of medical notes and information that was released by surgery wasn't disclosed to me despite writen consent with conditions. Obviously I was promised and manager told me they would investigate Till today and it has been nearly 6 month I haven't heard anything.
When I have requested appointment asking to have my GP instead of locum and when I have attended geuss it was locum that of course was not known and couldn't help.
I do advice people to voice record their appointments You are within your rights to do so with or without permission of your doctor
I have wasted a lot of time and I do question a quality of care provided in this surgery as pretty poor comparing to my previous GP

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding the treatment you received at our surgery.I am sorry you did not receive the treatment you expected. I would be more than happy to investigate your complaint in accordance with our Complaints Policy, so if you would like to contact me at the practice please do so.

Nina S D gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 5 stars

Dr recommendation and review :)

I saw a particular doctor for a smeer test

I can't thank them enough for the support, advise and care they provided me with. They both went above and beyond the care i thought i'd received and i'd recommend them and City Well-being to anyone who can attend.
They are a wonderful person and Doctor.

Nina Dowbenko

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 04 May 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive comment. It does much to encourage our team here at City Wellbeing Practice and motivates us to maintain standards.

helencho gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 1 stars

Number of times I've been incorrectly diagnosed.

Latest experience was with my son. On Monday, he was diagnosed with Chicken Pox, on Tuesday, only 1 day later, a GP at Guy's Hospital Urgent Care told me "This rash is definitely not chicken pox". How can a GP not now what Chicken Pox rash looks like?!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 04 May 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for your comment regarding your experience at our practice. Obviously I cannot comment on your individual case as this is a public platform. I am more than willing to have a discussion with you about your particular care concerns as these would be best dealt with by writing to me at the practice.

Anonymous gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 5 stars

Helpful and reassuring

The staff were really helpful in giving me the information required; when no urgent appointments were available I was able to chat to a GP on the phone who could give advice and arrange for an appointment after knowing the details. Always feel very welcome and reassured on the few occasions I have had need to visit.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Dear Patient,

Anonymous gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 3 stars

Fantastic doctors, shame about the receptionists

I called about 2 minutes ago to book a telephone consultation. The receptionist was rather rude. Not the first time I've had this problem. I'm aware I cannot name the receptionist on here but I do know the name as they mentioned their name when answering the phone. Almost every time I come to my GP the receptionists are unwelcoming and somewhat rude and uncaring. This goes for every receptionist I have ever come across at city wellbeing. I have seen them at training courses as I too work in a different GP so it's sad to see they aren't taking anything back. You work in a GP and people come in for medical problems, that's the last thing they want to see and hear. The doctors however are always amazing.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding our surgery. I am sorry you found our reception staff to be less than helpful. However, you will see from previous comments on this website, that the majority of our patients are more than happy with how they are treated by our reception staff and are always commented on for being helpful and considerate with regards to patients’ needs. It is therefore unusual to receive your comment. I note your comment that you too work in a GP surgery and am therefore disappointed that you would choose to use this public platform to raise your issue rather than in the first instance contact me at the practice to discuss. However, if you still wish to submit a complaint, I would be more than happy to investigate the circumstances of your treatment in a more appropriate environment.

Bill gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 4 stars

Professional and Friendly Service

Overall score is way too low. I have been with this surgery for over 15 years; GPs and support staff are always polite; helpful and friendly. I can only recall one instance where I had to wait an unreasonable amount of time for to see GP from my initial call for an appointment.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 06 January 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for your comment regarding our practice. We are always receiving praise over the counter regarding the service we provide, however to have taken the time and trouble to make a comment on our web page is greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and bringing some balance to the comments about our service.

Anonymous gave City Wellbeing Practice a rating of 1 stars

Fearful Experience

I went to see the Doctor with my ill child. The doctor before I even sat down told me I was late and had five patients to see and get home by eight. I reminded the doctor I was late by four minutes due to poor parking spaces. The doctor had no consideration of my ill crying child, making me rush and reminded me four time that there are five other patients waiting and going home by eight. The doctor is wanting to check my child's ears, chest mouth. My child did not like being held down to open the mouth. Doctor kept huffing and puffing telling me i am not doing it correctly and to hold him tighter. At this point my child is turning red, purple while the doctor is rushing and checking. I told the doctor my child has a temperature, coughing and screaming that I needed a minute to calm him down before he is being checked again. The doctor did not allow me to do so. very intimidating voice told me the child will cry anyways so no point calming him down and that there are five patients waiting. (Being the winter season the doctor should have known it is a busy period and with ill, cranky one year old's you need more patience) Doctor also reminded me that five minutes of my appointment time was nearly up. I then, refused to let them check my child's mouth as I was scared he was distress. My child vomited from crying so much and nearly choked on his vomit. The doctor jumped to open the door and told me to go to the toilet. (As a mother I am worried at my child turning purple, vomiting or choking) The doctor was so disgusted didn't offer a tissue or anything. Left me in the room alone, to get the receptionists who came to offer me tissue. To make matters worse the doctor told me not to dress my child in her room and to take him to the waiting room. I am covered in vomit, my child is so distress and the doctor is holding the door open for me to hurry and leave. I left the surgery in tears! I have never in my life met someone who has no basic patient care, extremely unprofessional and frightful behaviour. I was worried about the care they were giving my child and i never want any concerned mother to visit this doctor. This doctor needs to be trained on basic principles. I am going to take this matter further as i could not write everything down fully here. I am looking to change surgeries as well after this experience. Doctors should not take their anger out on patients. Patients come seeking for help and are vulnerable. The receptionists are lovely and very helpful. One particular receptionist offered to help me if needed.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

City Wellbeing Practice replied on 06 January 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for your comment regarding your experience at our practice and I am sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the service received. Obviously I cannot comment on your individual case as this is a public platform, however if you wish to submit a complaint I would be more than happy to investigate the circumstances of your treatment. As a practice we work hard to ensure that all our patients are dealt with in a caring and professional manner at all times. We encourage feedback both positive and negative which enables us to adjust the care we provide to suit the needs of our patients. I note your comment about our receptionists and this is very much appreciated.